HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL part 4: season's starting, so let's mock everyone else

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Joe McGrath

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole political incident made him question whether he wants to stick around the league. He was attacked pretty relentlessly for it.
The amount of crap he took for that was completely absurd. James Harrison didn't go simply because he's a delusional ******* and didn't get half the criticism Thomas got. Same thing with Manny Ramirez. Jordan and Bird both didn't go after wins early in their careers, didn't seem to hurt them ot their teams any.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

So Tim Thomas posts this on his Facebook:

Basically, he says he's taking the year off and spending it with his family because he believes the world's economy is about to collapse and he wants to spend the time before (what amounts to) the end of the world with his family.

So on the one hand, I get the mindset that if the world is ending, family comes ahead of hockey. On the other hand, this seems bat**** crazy.

Old
06-03-2012, 07:44 AM
caniac247

^Wow.

I knew Thomas was a bit out there, but they do say goalies are a different breed, but wow, he might just be insane.

Old
06-03-2012, 07:47 AM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
^Wow.

I knew Thomas was a bit out there, but they do say goalies are a different breed, but wow, he might just be insane.

Now you've gone and made him sad...

Old
06-03-2012, 07:48 AM
TheBigKahuna

He's old and SHOULD have plenty of money. Do what you want Timmy!

Old
06-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

Well, there you go folks. Our cap floor woes are over. No more of this Parise, Nash, etc talk. We will trade for Thomas and add $5 million to our cap without having to pay a dime of salary.

06-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

LOL Thomas.

Old
06-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

This is very strange...

Tim Thomas is losing his mind

Old
06-03-2012, 04:58 PM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post

Now you've gone and made him sad...
That's from his application to be captain of a Deadliest Catch boat.

Your new captain of the Luna Sea.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:05 PM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCast View Post
That's from his application to be captain of a Deadliest Catch boat.

Your new captain of the Luna Sea.
Not bad...not bad at all.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:38 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisIceness View Post

The expansion team founded in 1993 that is located 35 minutes south of you won the cup in it's 14th season. You have been in the league for 45 years and are cupless. LA Kings, consider yourselves mocked.
Starting to feel like a fool for posting this.

Old
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisIceness View Post
Starting to feel like a fool for posting this.
I posted the Panthers one. No regrets.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:53 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Shero is smarter then most people give him credit for looking at this move. Everyone's expecting him to have to move Staal, instead he's setting up nicely to be able to clear out the 5 million dollar underperformer. Can't say anyone foresaw this one. Now the question is finding a taker for Fleury.

Old
06-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Chrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Shero is smarter then most people give him credit for looking at this move. Everyone's expecting him to have to move Staal, instead he's setting up nicely to be able to clear out the 5 million dollar underperformer. Can't say anyone foresaw this one. Now the question is finding a taker for Fleury.
I didn't think about this at first. I was just thinking Shero decided Fleury wore down as the season progressed, so bringing in a more reliable backup would give him more time off during the year. Moving Fleury would shock me.

If he is on the market, I can see Toronto and Edmonton being very interested. Columbus as well?

Old
06-04-2012, 11:16 AM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Fleury is not going to be traded. He is a number 1 goalie and he only really sucked for like a week. They will try to move Martin and then probably Staal if they have to.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
yeeeeee

Yeah, I don't think Fleury's on the move, I think this is just to get a quality backup that can play ~25 games this year. I still think if anyone's on the move it's Staal, but at this point with the contracts they've got they still don't have to move anyone if they want to hold on for one more year...

Old
06-04-2012, 12:27 PM
bleedgreen

fluery only goes if a quality guy is being acquired to replace him. they won a cup with this guy, he cant be that bad. the pens werent at their best health wise this year and their d needs some fine tuning. it wasnt their year, cant see fluery being the scapegoat unless they have someone really impressive lined up.

im sure theyd love to move martin, but even he would have to replaced by a quality guy. disappointing to them or not, martin plays a pretty big role.

*****vokouns rights acquired. NOW i get it dave! yeah he could be an answer - its kind of a surprising move. they probably cant afford a two headed monster so if they sign vokoun there you go. i cant see vokoun signing with these guys for cheap and being backup, and i would think they would spend available cash on defense and wingers.

*****and he signed for 2 mill a year? im slow today. thats a pretty good price for a guy who could end up playing number one. i thought he would cost more. i am wrong.

Last edited by bleedgreen: 06-04-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old
06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

The one concern I see is that Vokoun hasn't been the most durable guy the past couple years, so they'd have to go out and acquire someone like Harding to go with him if they're going to move Fleury.

Can't see them getting much more then they gave up for Vokoun if they're looking to offload Kennedy or Martin at this point. Both are decent enough players but they're on bad contracts long term. As we saw with the Kaberle situation one year of a bad contract is OK, but beyond that it's just an outright disaster.

Question is if they'll move Fleury (they should IMO) and who the takers would be (would have to think Toronto, Tampa, and Columbus would be bidders).

Old
06-04-2012, 01:01 PM
bleedgreen

well fluery to me is good for pitts because he is kind of all over the place, like the team is. im not sure if any of the teams that need stability in net would look at fluery as that guy. i think hed be a disaster in TO, i dont think he is the right guy for cbus either. i think loungo is better for TO than fluery. maybe tampa for fluery. i dont know who for cbus, if he wasnt busy losing his marbles id say tim thomas would be good short term for them.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
bleedgreen

supposedly shero or someone from the pens has tweeted the intent is to have them as a tandem.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

yep. Just saw those. Not sure if I buy it or not but in a sense it makes sense for the Pens. They need a better backup option for sure because Fleury is about as inconsistent as you can get for a top half quality starter (I just flat out can't justify calling him top 10 anymore). A guy like Vokoun who could cut Fleury's starts down to the high 50s for the regular and possibly spell him in the playoffs should he turn into a less effective netminder then a shooter tutor again could help them a lot.

But again, they'll have to find a taker for Martin and/or Kennedy for this move to be justifiable for them now.

Thinking about it, if that was simply "GM speak" by Shero, and Fleury is being shopped, Edmonton could be a solid destination for him. Way under the cap floor right now, Bulin's on his last year, and they could get MSP and a pick for him which would fit the Pens needs nicely.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:23 PM
caniac247

I don't think Fleury is going anywhere. Pittsburgh was pretty much in the same boat as us, no reliable back up, hence playing Fluery way too much. Shero decided to cut ties with Johnson who proved to be worth crap and brought in a reliable back up.

Last edited by caniac247: 06-04-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old
06-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

vCash: 50
Fan 960 in Calgary says Luongo to Toronto is done and will go down on draft day apparently.

I feel this may be a good thing, if nothing else maybe it'll mean y2kcanucks will be seen around less

Old
06-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
yeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Fan 960 in Calgary says Luongo to Toronto is done and will go down on draft day apparently.

I feel this may be a good thing, if nothing else maybe it'll mean y2kcanucks will be seen around less
Isn't consensus that Luongo shrink under the media pressure in Vancouver?

Yeah, go to Toronto, that'll fix it...

Old
06-05-2012, 11:13 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Is it possible to subscribe to a forumer's posts? I really want to watch that guy have a mental breakdown.

Closed Thread