HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL part 4: season's starting, so let's mock everyone else

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 05:06 PM
  #601
SkinnerStaal
Registered User
 
SkinnerStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Good stat for today:

Road teams - 3-0-0

SkinnerStaal is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 05:07 PM
  #602
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov
 
Anton Dubinchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 3205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnerStaal View Post
Good stat for today:

Road teams - 3-0-0
Yay.

Watch the end of Louisville Syracuse, looks like it's gonna be a good one. Then right back to the Canes!!!

Anton Dubinchuk is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 05:08 PM
  #603
Head Goose
Doing Less Better
 
Head Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
I've got the end of Wichita State/Doug McDermott on right now.

Head Goose is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 05:10 PM
  #604
Oenatzu
#DirectorOfDreams
 
Oenatzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
No hockey for an hour? What am I gonna do now?

Oenatzu is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 05:20 PM
  #605
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov
 
Anton Dubinchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 3205
According to @NHL there are some Gamecenter difficulties.

JUST LET ME WATCH THE ****ING CANES.

I'm nervous that I ACTUALLY won't be able to catch any games this year except on streams.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 05:23 PM
  #606
Head Goose
Doing Less Better
 
Head Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
According to @NHL there are some Gamecenter difficulties.

JUST LET ME WATCH THE ****ING CANES.

I'm nervous that I ACTUALLY won't be able to catch any games this year except on streams.
I can also speak from experience on this matter. It sucks.

Head Goose is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 05:37 PM
  #607
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov
 
Anton Dubinchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 3205
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
I can also speak from experience on this matter. It sucks.
Wait at Clemson if the game WASN'T on Fox Sports South did they still black it out?

Anton Dubinchuk is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 05:41 PM
  #608
Head Goose
Doing Less Better
 
Head Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
Wait at Clemson if the game WASN'T on Fox Sports South did they still black it out?
None of the games were on Fox Sports South, that's what the problem was. They were all on FSC, which didn't broadcast on DirecTV to my dorm room because we got FSS instead.

So if a game wasn't on FSC as the was relatively normal for games against...say the Panthers...in the past, then yes, I could watch it on Gamecenter Live. This wasn't true, however, if the game was on NBC or NBC Sports, which would still be blacked out on GCL.


It was just a series of loopholes, basically.

Head Goose is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 05:44 PM
  #609
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov
 
Anton Dubinchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 3205
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
None of the games were on Fox Sports South, that's what the problem was. They were all on FSC, which didn't broadcast on DirecTV to my dorm room because we got FSS instead.

So if a game wasn't on FSC as the was relatively normal for games against...say the Panthers...in the past, then yes, I could watch it on Gamecenter Live. This wasn't true, however, if the game was on NBC or NBC Sports, which would still be blacked out on GCL.


It was just a series of loopholes, basically.
But they WOULD block it out if it was on FSC but not on FSS? Because down here we've got FSS, and they SOMETIMES show the FSC feeds, but most of the time they show the Braves and stuff. Will they still block me out then?

Anton Dubinchuk is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 05:46 PM
  #610
Head Goose
Doing Less Better
 
Head Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
But they WOULD block it out if it was on FSC but not on FSS? Because down here we've got FSS, and they SOMETIMES show the FSC feeds, but most of the time they show the Braves and stuff. Will they still block me out then?
No idea, sorry. You guys get a Nashville/Carolina split now that the Thrashers are gone, right? I'm not sure how that would work as far as blackouts go.

Mine was blacked out because Clemson is supposed to be a FSC exclusive region, rather than having FSS. Not sure how DirecTV ended up giving us FSS in the first place.

EDIT: To further clarify, our channel lineup stated FSC, but the channel that was actually broadcasted was FSS.


Last edited by Head Goose: 01-19-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Head Goose is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 05:53 PM
  #611
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov
 
Anton Dubinchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 3205
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
No idea, sorry. You guys get a Nashville/Carolina split now that the Thrashers are gone, right? I'm not sure how that would work as far as blackouts go.

Mine was blacked out because Clemson is supposed to be a FSC exclusive region, rather than having FSS. Not sure how DirecTV ended up giving us FSS in the first place.
Gotcha, so hope remains.

It only makes sense to not black out the games that they aren't showing. We don't get FSCarolinas down here anyway, I don't think, so I SHOULD get any game that's not broadcasted. As much as I'm sure it sucked SC being FSC exclusive and therefore blacking out everything kind of at least makes sense. Blacking out a region that doesn't get FSC at all would make absolutely zero sense.

EDIT: Looking at the next two weeks or so of the TV Guide for FSS here in Atlanta, there's not a single live game of either the Canes OR the Preds, only rebroadcasts at like 4 in the morning.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 06:36 PM
  #612
Head Goose
Doing Less Better
 
Head Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
Kadri scored for the Leafs. How long until HF goes down?

Head Goose is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:02 PM
  #613
Novacane
My Hero
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,830
vCash: 500
Shamelessly stolen from the main NHL talk forum:





Pretty good stuff from the 1st games of the season.

Novacane is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:12 PM
  #614
Head Goose
Doing Less Better
 
Head Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
Could you have given a warning about Jack Edwards causing my ears to bleed first?

Head Goose is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:14 PM
  #615
Novacane
My Hero
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
Could you have given a warning about Jack Edwards causing my ears to bleed first?
No. I had to suffer too.

Novacane is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:16 PM
  #616
Head Goose
Doing Less Better
 
Head Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
No. I had to suffer too.
I had my computer at full volume for no ****ing reason whatsoever.

Head Goose is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:17 PM
  #617
Novacane
My Hero
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,830
vCash: 500
Which game should I tune into now?

Novacane is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:18 PM
  #618
Head Goose
Doing Less Better
 
Head Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
Which game should I tune into now?
I'd suggest the Blues game

Head Goose is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:19 PM
  #619
Novacane
My Hero
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
I'd suggest the Blues game
That's what I was thinking. I want to see another Tarasenko goal.

Novacane is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:31 PM
  #620
Head Goose
Doing Less Better
 
Head Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
Should I grab either of Huberdeau or Tarasenko for my fantasy team after tonight's performances?

I would be dropping one of: E. Kane, Filppula, or Roy to do so.


EDIT: Or for the other team I'm temporarily in control of: Dropping Voracek, Simmonds, Callahan, or Cole

Head Goose is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:42 PM
  #621
SkinnerStaal
Registered User
 
SkinnerStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
At least Detroit is bailing us out for worst team of the night. Down 6-0 with 2 mins left vs StL

Start the Bring back Lidstrom threads now

SkinnerStaal is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:49 PM
  #622
Lazyking
Never Forget
 
Lazyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
Should I grab either of Huberdeau or Tarasenko for my fantasy team after tonight's performances?

I would be dropping one of: E. Kane, Filppula, or Roy to do so.


EDIT: Or for the other team I'm temporarily in control of: Dropping Voracek, Simmonds, Callahan, or Cole

I picked up Tarasenko but I'm dropping Neil so it's a no brainer.. Tarasenko looks like a superstar.

Lazyking is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:50 PM
  #623
Head Goose
Doing Less Better
 
Head Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
I picked up Tarasenko but I'm dropping Neil so it's a no brainer.. Tarasenko looks like a superstar.
EDIT: Well, can't do increase bench slots without a redraft. I'll have to decide on my own.

Head Goose is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:57 PM
  #624
Novacane
My Hero
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,830
vCash: 500
Blue Jackets tied for best team in the NHL

Novacane is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:58 PM
  #625
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall
 
halleJOKEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,773
vCash: 500
Blue Jackets over .500.

halleJOKEL is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.