Notices

Classic Canucks

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Colt.45Orr

vCash: 500
Classic Canucks

I know that many of you, like myself, 'enjoy' watching all the ridiculous dives and garbage in general that the Canucks do on a nightly basis. On the Bruins board we should be able to discuss this disgusting team and I thought we could use one thread to track all their crap this playoff season.

Dive 1: Kesler's Krazy Kartwheel:

Dive 2: Hilarious... Burrows gets laid out and then goes to make contact with Richards later but just can't help himself and has to try and draw another call. Wow.

Too bad they don't get called for diving.

Old
04-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Dabruins

such an embarrassment of a team. I can only hope they duck out early, I cant stand watching the hockey they play.

Old
04-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Soderberg

They have no shame.... I agree they should be called for diving, it's disgusting.

Old
04-12-2012, 02:24 AM
bruins04

henrik had a couple too, i think one was called (against penner)... it happens on every level with this team...

Old
04-12-2012, 02:47 AM
bruinsfan46

I saw Canucks fans going on the other day how the Canucks don't dive at all this year (apparently they didn't get called for a single diving penalty all year). It took one playoff game to really see this isn't true. The Kesler one is embarrassing.

Old
04-12-2012, 02:48 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabruins View Post
such an embarrassment of a team. I can only hope they duck out early, I cant stand watching the hockey they play.
At least you have the choice.....unlike with the Bruins. Thanks again CBC - nice to see our tax dollars at work.

Old
04-12-2012, 02:56 AM
BoHorvatFan

I haven't come across a single Canucks fan who isn't ashamed of Kesler's antics this evening. It has to stop immediately, I hate being embarrassed of my own players.

Wrong way to play the sport.

Anyways, go Bruins tomorrow. I look forward to seeing a team that plays the game right at their playoff best.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Soderberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
I haven't come across a single Canucks fan who isn't ashamed of Kesler's antics this evening. It has to stop immediately, I hate being embarrassed of my own players.

Wrong way to play the sport.

Anyways, go Bruins tomorrow. I look forward to seeing a team that plays the game right at their playoff best.
Yeah I was just reading some Canucks posts and a lot of them were calling out the diving - good to see.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:27 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

It's not even their real fans that are the problem, it is the team itself.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I do not like Burrows..........at all...............................AT ALL

Old
04-12-2012, 03:34 AM
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

I just hope we don't see any Bruins doing any of this for as long as we're in the fight.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
I do not like Burrows..........at all...............................AT ALL
Ick. I was watching game 3 from last year. Such a pathetic whiner. I don't like that Lucic sucker punches people, but I didn't mind so much when he did in reaction to Burrow's acting. Just gross.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I would hope no Canuck fan gets behind that kind of crap that some Canucks pulled tonight....Kesler immediately coming to mind and Luongo's embellishment I didn't love either. I wished the refs would have called us for diving 2 or 3 times tonight.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Shadowthrone
Danke Angel di Maria

From the mainboard

Old
04-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Karter

Tonight was a disgrace. We're all pretty pretty ashamed and just as speechless as you guys, trust me.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:10 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

This kind of stuff is something the NHL really needs to get a handle on. It's good to see some canuck fans that agree even if their team is the one doing the deed. All fans of all teams should find this stuff unacceptable even if the player wears their colors. It's just bad for the game we all love.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:45 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Well at least some of their fans are starting to see why so many other fans across the league shake their heads. I equate Kesler to Bergeron in many ways and if I ever saw Bergeron do that, I would cringe so ****ing hard.

Gotta love the pbp guy in the first video "You know what? That's part of the game.. you try and sell some calls.."

No! Take Jack's approach and call them out and declare what a disgrace it is.

Old
04-12-2012, 06:32 AM
ODAAT

Every team has a player or two who will embellish something from time to time, the problem that everyone except the Canucks players themselves see, is that they do it so often that it`s now become the "boy who cried wolf" problem. The refs themselves now just seem to figuratively roll their eyes.

Last night showed me, at least for one game, that they completely forgot how that worked for them last season, Kessler is such a talented player, why he continues to do this stuff is beyond me? I`m convinced he`s a product of his environment, that crud wouldn`t fly in many locker rooms.

Bitzy`s hit was absolutely ridiculous too, he wouldn`t have done that in a spoked B

Anyways, a performance such as last night only solidifies why so many fans of this game have huge dislike/hatred for the Canucks, just play the game, shut the pie holes, and maybe, just maybe, a few fans will jump on board with ya, til then, it`s all about the Bruins

Old
04-12-2012, 06:38 AM
BruinsPortugal

LOOL @ Kesler, guy should be on circus.

And im surprised Burrows didnt bite anyone.

Old
04-12-2012, 06:39 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
LOOL @ Kesler, guy should be on circus.

And im surprised Burrows didnt bite anyone.
Ya have to actually get close enough to an opponent to do that BP

I can`t stand Richards, but he was all over Burrows last night.

Schenn too was an absolute Penguin killer, nailed Cooke with a nice one, just needs to be a touch dirtier though

Old
04-12-2012, 06:50 AM
BruinsPortugal

Richards is that kind of guy that you dont want playing against you but on your team is awesome. Good thing he's pissing off the Canucks.

Old
04-12-2012, 06:52 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
Richards is that kind of guy that you dont want playing against you but on your team is awesome. Good thing he's pissing off the Canucks.
Not sure he`s the best locker room guy but sure fun to watch him get under the skin of the Nucks early in this series, will only get worse as the series moves along.

Old
04-12-2012, 06:54 AM
AprilMayandJune

reality is that if you are constantly diving and embelishing you are not only making yourself look foolish...but are also trying to make the refs look foolish.

teams like Montreal and Vancouver in recent years seem to think this is a good strategy.This bodes well for teams like the B's because as we saw last year the refs eventually the refs get leary about calls against teams playing Vancouver because they have been embarressed so many times before.

IMO one of the worst possible strategies would be trying to embarrass or make the refs look foolish.

Old
04-12-2012, 07:00 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilMayandJune View Post
reality is that if you are constantly diving and embelishing you are not only making yourself look foolish...but are also trying to make the refs look foolish.

teams like Montreal and Vancouver in recent years seem to think this is a good strategy.This bodes well for teams like the B's because as we saw last year the refs eventually the refs get leary about calls against teams playing Vancouver because they have been embarressed so many times before.

IMO one of the worst possible strategies would be trying to embarrass or make the refs look foolish.
How about how it indicates the type of character players play with too?? That`s what is truly stunning, how they continue to ignore a pretty widespread opinion about what they are doing on the ice and continue to do it.

All on the coaches, if they had a guy behind the bench with any integrity himself, he`d be screaming at his troops to stop the BS, but they don`t, and they continue to do it, and they continue to get what they deserve. They have learned nothing from last year judging from the 1st game, merely an extension of last years Barnum and Bailey stuff we saw.

What is unfortunate is that the Nucks have some excellent talent, and if they played the game properly and with integrity, I bet they`d be fun to watch, as it stands now, it`s hard to stomach watching them. Guys like Higgins/Malholtra play the game right, can`t figure out why this hasn`t rubbed off on anyone else??

Old
04-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinx View Post
Tonight was a disgrace. We're all pretty pretty ashamed and just as speechless as you guys, trust me.
I guess I appreciate you coming here and admitting it, but it really cant be a surprise. Your team is, by far, the biggest divers in the league. This shouldnt be a shock.

Closed Thread