HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit at Columbus | 7:30 pm | Walking Dead Edition

Old
03-28-2012, 10:46 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Points per dollar (in salary) it's the worst season by far!
Debbie Downer
We the best!

Always good to beat the Wangs.
York will make a good backup to Schneider next year.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Well done good sirs, thanks!

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:10 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Of course, isn't he always? Oh, and it'd be nice if Brassard occasionally won a face off. Since its a weakness, why would Richards send him out for one in the defensive zone?
Brassard was 9-7 on the face offs tonight. Only he and Johansen got positive balance in the circle.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Speedy Sanderson

Most enjoyable game I've attended this season. I kept waiting for the dam to break, but it never did. Defense was outstanding tonight, York was pretty decent, and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but Atkinson did a great job in his own zone tonight - he got his stick on several passes that if they found their intended target, would have been trouble.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:30 PM
EDM

Agreed, most enjoyable game of the season. I watched David Savard carefully tonite and he has what it takes. He paid close attention to his positioning, he was very good at keeping the puck in the o zone, had a couple of nice shots, one bad, but three very nice passes. On a rebuilding team, this kid deserves to play and grow. He is a legit NHL defenseman in a couple of years. Marc Methot will never be more than what he is a 6/7 defenseman. Savard has a chance to be a legit well rounded d-man. I was very, very impressed with how carefully he paid attention to his positioning.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:34 PM
EDM

I would love to see Winnipeg and Columbus mentioned repeatedly in the same sentence.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:16 AM
icekoob

So does York have a future with the Jackets? As in next season? Really happy for him he seemed relieved when the horn sounded, laying back on the goal I didn't catch much but he seems to be pretty legit despite having really slow looking movement.

icekoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:27 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

I think York will get there, but he has a ways to go. He's fresh out of college and needs to adjust to pro hockey. I think in time he could be an NHL goaltender, but he has to work on his quickness.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:46 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Ok, I was flying home during the game (in Florida and, as the CBJ chat gang will know, normally would've required me to have a feed but I actually COULD have seen thanks to the cable box there) and totally missed it.

Somebody give me the cliff notes on how Detroit lost to the 4th string goalie, who has time in the ECHL this year, on the 30th place team in the NHL? Because I'm loving every minute of it.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:03 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekoob View Post
So does York have a future with the Jackets? As in next season? Really happy for him he seemed relieved when the horn sounded, laying back on the goal I didn't catch much but he seems to be pretty legit despite having really slow looking movement.
Hope not. He's nowhere near ready for starting AHL duties. He needs at least 2 more years in the AHL. But i think he can be an NHL backup one day.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:33 AM
EspenK

I just hope they revoke his frequent flyer program and let him play somewhere (in the A) on a regular basis to see what he really has or doesn't have. He looked pretty good to me last night. his lack of quickness and NHL experience notwithstanding.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

I didn't get to watch the entire game, but based on what I saw it was a combination of Columbus playing with much more energy than usual and Detroit looking HORRIBLE.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Damn, that game was so much fun last night.

The wife and I had four big bruiser Detroit fans sit down right in front of us. They were well lubricated. We thought "oh ****, here we go again". We, however, were the ones that got to scream and yell over them. To be fair, they actually turned out to be pretty good guys, but I am just glad that the Jackets played well and didn't allow them to turn into raging demons at our expense. LOL!

I am just getting to love the play of JMFJ more and more. He is so good at taking guys out from in front of our net. Would have liked to see him give Holmstrom the business a little bit more, because no one deserves it more than he does. He is so good at getting away with goalie interference, it isn't even funny.

I thought Johan played OK last night. Not that he was good the entire game, but he showed some flashes of how good he will be.

Prospals goal celebrations are priceless. It is attitudes like his, JMFJ's, and Wiz's that we need infecting the young guys on this team, and in this organization.

Thought York was good, but no, he is not ready for prime time. Give him all the time that he needs in the minors and see how it goes. We have seen this movie before, and those guys are gone and forgotten. Remember LaCosta? One never knows, right Mase?

Atkinson looked good again. When that kid starts finding the back of the net, look out.

Yea, Detroit didn't look their best last night, but how many times have they sleep walked through a game with us and still found a way to win. The boys played well enough last night not to let that happen.

Glad we got this win toward the end of the season. I think we lost our last five home games last season, and that sucked.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 09:28 AM
EspenK

talk about a tough crowd. york gives up 2 goals-one a redirect off jmfj's skate and another when he is screened by holmstrom's butt.
But some here can see that he is not ready for prime time. I tend to agree because one game does not mean all that much but how in the world can people link their conclusion to last night's game?

Old
03-29-2012, 09:30 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
I didn't get to watch the entire game, but based on what I saw it was a combination of Columbus playing with much more energy than usual and Detroit looking HORRIBLE.
Pretty much sums it up.

And york played well, a little slow at times and his inexperience definitely showed.

Old
03-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
talk about a tough crowd. york gives up 2 goals-one a redirect off jmfj's skate and another when he is screened by holmstrom's butt.
But some here can see that he is not ready for prime time. I tend to agree because one game does not mean all that much but how in the world can people link their conclusion to last night's game?
Look, you can't blame fans here for wanting to be cautious. Look at our goalie history since Tuggers magical season. I gave you a perfect example. Everyone was all excited about Lacosta after his two call up wins here.

Where is he now?

You can't blame people for being cautious about York. You said it yourself, you can't base a conclusion on one game.

Props to the kid for a job well done last night. I hope he turns out to be the real deal someday. God knows that would be a pleasant change.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Steeltown Jacket
FanFromPensTerritory

Man, I need to attend more games when the Red Wings visit Nationwide.

In the last 4 seasons, my record when the Wings come to Columbus is 4-0-1. Non-Wings games, my record is 1-5-0.

Steeltown Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:26 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
He's played more than last night maybe?

I've watched the guy intently in practices, at this years camp, last year in springfield, and whenever he's come into games. I know what I see. I'm a fan of his, and last night was a great performance, but I'm not ready to extrapolate one good game to an entire NHL career.

Like I said, I think he'll get there eventually, but he has gaps in his game that are easily resolved with coaching and experience. The raw tools are certainly there.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

NBC Sports take on the CBJ

Its nice to watch a game on Versus and get the perspective of guys like Olczyk and McGuire's on your team for change. Fortunately the boys showed up to play for this one as well. Some interesting opinions from the Versus crew:

Nash could return a #1 goalie and a top line center in a trade deal.

Nash could lead the league in scoring again on a high powered line (with the Sedin's for example).

Columbus has a solid core on defense, specifically mentioned Wiz, JMFJ, and Tyutin. (Olczyk went back to the comment a few times, and added Nikitin and Methot)

Columbus needs to make a decision on Mason, and move forward with either a new #1, or a #1b that will push Mason or take the job.

Nikitin got alot of praise for his passing.

Nash of course was mentioned alot and he played with some fire last night.

Prospal is the kind of veteran you need when rebuilding.

McGuire dropped the "Fail for Nail" line and I had to laugh. Also mentioned Grigorenko as a potential top 6 guy down the line.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:14 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Well done good sirs, thanks!
I will cheer for the Preds over the Wings any day.

CarolinaBlueJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:17 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekoob View Post
Tough to tell after 1 game...uh its actually tough to tell after 1 Calder Cup winning season where a young goalie also finishes 2nd for the Vezina behind Tom Thomas.

CarolinaBlueJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:31 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Last night's game was great. We played with real jump, like we had nothing left to lose (which, of course, now we don't). Would have loved to see this attitude from day 1. As it stands, the CBJ and fans get to utter the official motto of Ohio pro sports: "Wait till next year".

Also, for those keeping track of these kind of things, the team is now 2-0 when I make GDTs that are ironic at the expense of the team's fortunes. Whatever it is, I like it.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Yesterdays NBC Sports NHL Hockey play of the day was Johanson stripping Stuart of the puck at the blueline, a great pass to Dorsett resulting in his dipsy doodle back hander for a goal.. Dorsett showed some decent scoring skill, he's on my keeper list.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote