HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #77 : KINGS @ FLAMES - Wednesday, 3/28/12 @ 6:30 pm PDT

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2012, 03:48 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
well, technically they would still have to finish out the road trip...

but tonight's game is pretty much in must-win territory.

Go Kings Go!!!!

Details details.

Old
03-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1027
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Please win. The hate on the main boards is approaching Canuck-like levels for our team...if we don't make the playoffs, HF might vote to remove the LA Kings sub-board because we're "stupid idiot fans" and the whole team is overrated
That's not going to happen, but the reasons why opposing fans would hate our team are obvious.

For all intents and purposes we = the fanbase

A.) We talked a huge game about how good this team is

B.) The team is really boring at times

C.) We pine over every free agent worth a crap, which obviously pisses people off, and sometimes even act like we're entitled to them

D.) When we don't get our way, the fanbase complains about it quite vociferously

Old
03-28-2012, 03:56 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
That's not going to happen, but the reasons why opposing fans would hate our team are obvious.

C.) We pine over every free agent worth a crap, which obviously pisses people off, and sometimes even act like we're entitled to them

D.) When we don't get our way, the fanbase complains about it quite vociferously
I get what your saying, but the biggest hater over there is mostly mad because the Kings traded for his favorite players and the Kings have been hyped on HF while his team has not been.

A.) Most fanbases do this and it wasn't just us who thought this team was going to be good.

B.) No argument there, but it's hardly worth the diatribes over on the main board

C.) The Rangers pine over every free agent imaginable and sign them to obscene contracts, why are we getting hate? Go look at any Parise thread on the main boards and your bound to come across many Ranger posters saying that he will be a Ranger, just like they did with Richards last year. I've yet to see one King fan say that they honestly think Parise is coming here. This all boils down to Kovalchuck, as hardly anyone here thought we were getting Brad Richards and while I wanted Gaborik, fans here were evenly split at best.

D.) How is this any different then any other fanbase?

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 03-28-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old
03-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Game 2 of the "playoffs" for the Kings. Lost game 1 and still need to win 4 to make the actual playoffs.

Big 2 points available tonight. Lose and the Kings are a coin flip to make it, win and they are favorites. Not a big game at all.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:06 PM
bobafettish*

3 games ago kings were sittin pretty, today it's pretty much do or die. dont think i can take this much any longer.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:

For sure--I was being facetious. I can understand where a lot of it comes from. I just really want a win to quiet the vocal masses.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:07 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I've always found the hate on the main boards quite amusing. The Kings are not a powerhouse and they aren't a threatening team, yet there is a lot of hate for them. I also don't think Kings fans are that annoying on there. We don't create threads every time something happens in a game that we don't like, or one of the Kings achieves some level of success. Anyway, I've found it's best not to even engage the haters. Instead just laugh at them and move on.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
3 games ago kings were sittin pretty, today it's pretty much do or die. dont think i can take this much any longer.
Won't have to. Only what a week and a half left. You can do it.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
I've always found the hate on the main boards quite amusing. The Kings are not a powerhouse and they aren't threatening team, yet there is a lot of hate for them. I also don't think Kings fans are that annoying on there. We don't create threads every time something happens in a game that we don't like, or one of the Kings achieves some level of success. Anyway, I've found it's best not to even engage the haters. Instead just laugh at them and move on.
The fatc people are hating on the kings means we are a better team than I personally give us credit for.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:27 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Hopefully we don't see this.

That is such an epic cluster**** of failure. Thanks for posting that. Feel sorry for the guy and hope no one got hurt, but damn I laughed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Please win. The hate on the main boards is approaching Canuck-like levels for our team...if we don't make the playoffs, HF might vote to remove the LA Kings sub-board because we're "stupid idiot fans" and the whole team is overrated
Only on paper

Old
03-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
That is such an epic cluster**** of failure. Thanks for posting that. Feel sorry for the guy and hope no one got hurt, but damn I laughed.

Only on paper
what boards?

Old
03-28-2012, 04:48 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672

Win or ****ing die. C'mon boys. You MUST WIN.

Old
03-28-2012, 05:54 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

If ever a team needed a lucky-bounce goal in the first three minutes of the game, it's the Kings, and tonight.

Old
03-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Tadite

Quote:
I don't think so.

Quote:
No we didn't. TSN, Hockey News, and the whole hockey world said that this was our year to make a push. It's not like it was just Kings fans or even majority Kings fans.

Quote:
We don't play the trap. We may have been horrifically bad at offense this year but that's not all that uncommon in hockey....

Quote:
We say we aren't going to get them. That's the basic Kings post. Boy that UFA looks great, guess he's going to the Rangers. We don't pine. Hell I can't remember ever seeing a Kings fan post even kinda of claiming we're going to get a UFA, realistically.

Even if we did it's not even in the same league as Leafs, Habs, Rangers, every single other Canadian team and most people on the East Coast.

Quote:
Well it would be nice if cnshocky didn't constantly complain on the main boards. But once again we complain that we're playing like ****. Not often about somethign else. The anti-King "King Fan" is more common then anything else.

Old
03-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
I don't think so.

I agree with you.

We haven't beat ANYONE in the playoffs yet. Playoffs create bad blood, and the Kings really have no recent PO bad blood (how can you with 12 games over 10 years?!)

the nucks and sharks? already hated them, no more or less now, but really the last 2 years you just knew the roof would cave in, it was only a matter of time.

Now when (IF!!) the Kings are ever the favorite in a series and they lose, that will create some anger and bad blood. (wow, home ice advantage is really only 4 wins away - they can do it!!)

There's really no reason for any fan base to hate the Kings - and if some do, they're morons.

Believe me, I WANT other fans to (eventually) hate the Kings, but that's a long ways off I'm afraid to say...

Old
03-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
We don't play the trap. We may have been horrifically bad at offense this year but that's not all that uncommon in hockey....
I've found quite a few of our games boring. Especially under Terry Murray. Even though it's not all that uncommon in hockey, it's boring to watch. I really don't understand where you're going with this..

Old
03-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Asher

Everyone north of Calgary (well maybe, more like north of Red Deer) pulling for you guys tonight. Good luck!

Old
03-28-2012, 07:51 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 2200
It's payback time boys.

Let's take care of business.

Old
03-28-2012, 08:02 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Everyone north of Calgary (well maybe, more like north of Red Deer) pulling for you guys tonight. Good luck!
People live in Red Deer?

Old
03-28-2012, 08:02 PM
johnjm22

I'm not getting my hopes up for an exciting game. I have a feeling this is going to be a lot like what we saw in Vancouver. Very tight.

Old
03-28-2012, 08:40 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

As much as I've been bemoaning DD's performance the last couple of games, he DID just do a nice heads-up pickup of the puck in the Calgary zone to create another scoring chance. Well done, DD -- just keep doing SMART things.

Old
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
This feed looks horrible.

Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Nice early pressure

Old
03-28-2012, 08:41 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
This feed looks horrible.
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/1...les-kings.html

Old
03-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Cup 4 the Kings
It only took 45 yrs!

Good start and energy so far. Keep it going.

Closed Thread