HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SWE's plan for the WC: Omark to try-out, 'special case'

Old
03-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
Not to mention the fact that Schremp on his team has got first line minutes and the top forwards on his team. While Omark played with Harju (who priour to that wasnt great and havnt been as great afterwards) and Lander (who is a gritty guy).
Omark carried his line at a younger age than Schremp and have a whole lot better points to show for it aswell.

If you think Omark sucks and dont want him on the oilers, im fine with that. Im sure he can find succes in some other team. Comparing him to Schremp thou is just to excuss a piss poor organisaion who always fail at developing players.
Geez, haven't heard that argument before. Omark would have done better had he played with the best players and top minutes. I don't dislike Omark and have said in this thread more than once he is a good player. But he does damage to his career everytime he opens his mouth. In his defense I haven't always liked where and when Oilers mgmt put him in the lineup. At this point I have no idea what Omark brings anymore and it's becoming more evident it might not be the Oilers problem for long anyways.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
Just because I'm bored:

I'm never going to deny that Omark is incredibly creative with the puck on his stick. The problem is that he looks like he's skating in quicksand which makes stealing the puck and playing sound positionally (ie. defensive side of the puck and covering an opposing player) pretty difficult.
If I can add this season theres already been multiple instances where Omark is "covering", and he's even making physical contact with a guy, and he just basically watches the player take a pass, setup, and tuck it home.

Trouble with Omark is even when he's got positioning, he's got the read, he doesn't seem to have a clue what to do to tie up a player.

Just lets em go.

Its like watching the hog win the rodeo..

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that Schremp on his team has got first line minutes and the top forwards on his team. While Omark played with Harju (who priour to that wasnt great and havnt been as great afterwards) and Lander (who is a gritty guy).
Omark carried his line at a younger age than Schremp and have a whole lot better points to show for it aswell.If you think Omark sucks and dont want him on the oilers, im fine with that. Im sure he can find succes in some other team. Comparing him to Schremp thou is just to excuss a piss poor organisaion who always fail at developing players.
The trouble with the bolded is that few Oilers fans could give a **** what Omark or Schremp could do in the SEL. Its really besides the main point.

That being a 25yr old veteran professional player that still can't carry much here. Sink or swim happening here.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Still much better overall player than Petrell. And better than some guys on Oilers roster aswell.
I'd rather have Petrell on the fourth line. At least he can play somewhat in his own zone.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 06:49 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
Geez, haven't heard that argument before. Omark would have done better had he played with the best players and top minutes. I don't dislike Omark and have said in this thread more than once he is a good player. But he does damage to his career everytime he opens his mouth. In his defense I haven't always liked where and when Oilers mgmt put him in the lineup. At this point I have no idea what Omark brings anymore and it's becoming more evident it might not be the Oilers problem for long anyways.
I am really sorry and please tell me that I am wrong but this is NA BS... However you behave on the ice everyone has to be of the same mold when talking to the media. Nice guy, love everyone, happy days, etc....

Just one stupid example for the sake of it... D.Keith after elbowing down D.Sedin a few games ago... "I didn't mean to hurt anyone, I was just moving in close and it was an accidental hit". Quite the gentleman but J**** ********** C****, whoever saw that encounter could easily see that Keith was $%&/ up Sedin in the exact way that should never happen but some seem to excuse him because at least he's straight (), tough and humble... And I really don't even like the Nucks!

Oh, in the end you're exaggerating anyway. Omark can't do interviews. every time I read the in english I think that it is a bad translation but then I read the next one in Swedish and i realize that he can't formulate clear points/conclusions... I am sorry to all fans of Omark but I have hardly ever seen a "good interview" with him unless he says three sentences or less... And it's not that he's a ******* or anything, I just don't think he's able to express himself imo.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 07:30 PM
LaGu

OK... Just checked his twitter (the real one).

Omark:
Quote:
??????????????????????????????
Reply:
Quote:
shut the **** up you whiny *****
Omark:
Quote:
You do not even know what they stand for so don't open your mouth!!!
Remark: what? why the **** does he react to that kind of BS. OK, who cares, let's move on.

Omark:
Quote:
its not because im helthy scratch like some people think
Reply:
Quote:
Is it because you aren't playing very good because you're not happy enough? I wish they'd park you in OKC until you got happy
Omark:
Quote:
thanks dude!!! i wish u good luck in with whatever you're doing? "golfpro"?!
(the picture of the guy replying is a golf player)

Remark: OK..........

And, the grand final and even though it looks real I have no f***ing clue if it is... Everything except the first post is in Swedish. I did my best in translating (wasn't so hard this time though)

Omark:
Quote:
its not because im helthy scratch like some people think
Niklas Persson:
Quote:
what's going on??? Are you coming already or what!!??
Omark:
Quote:
Yeah, I really want to ******* play, but we'll just have to see what happens! Is no 23 taken ?
Niklas Persson:
Quote:
You know it!! No 67 is free Come here now and we'll go for all next season as well(remark: play all next season together)
Omark:
Quote:
yeah, no 23 is yours, no 67 sounds good haha... are you in training camp now?
Niklas Persson:
Quote:
Going to Olso for two games on Monday! waiting for you!!
Niklas Persson is playing for CSKA Moskva and has no 23 on his jersey. Omark played in Dynamo Moskva in 09/10.

So, I know there were haha's and whatever in those tweets but no matter what, does anyone doubt me when I claim that Omark is really bad at interactions with media or with the public?...

Last edited by LaGu: 03-30-2012 at 07:35 PM.
LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
I am really sorry and please tell me that I am wrong but this is NA BS... However you behave on the ice everyone has to be of the same mold when talking to the media. Nice guy, love everyone, happy days, etc....

Just one stupid example for the sake of it... D.Keith after elbowing down D.Sedin a few games ago... "I didn't mean to hurt anyone, I was just moving in close and it was an accidental hit". Quite the gentleman but J**** ********** C****, whoever saw that encounter could easily see that Keith was $%&/ up Sedin in the exact way that should never happen but some seem to excuse him because at least he's straight (), tough and humble... And I really don't even like the Nucks!

Oh, in the end you're exaggerating anyway. Omark can't do interviews. every time I read the in english I think that it is a bad translation but then I read the next one in Swedish and i realize that he can't formulate clear points/conclusions... I am sorry to all fans of Omark but I have hardly ever seen a "good interview" with him unless he says three sentences or less... And it's not that he's a ******* or anything, I just don't think he's able to express himself imo.
The Omark thing is going to be a messy breakup and could potentially end up biting the Oilers in the ass.

Old
03-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Geez, haven't heard that argument before. Omark would have done better had he played with the best players and top minutes.
I dont think you understand or wrote the reply before that. A guy said Schremp scored as much as Omark did in SEL. Wich wasnt true as Schremp had about 10points less than Omark in where i pointed out Omark played second line minutes and he carried his line IN SEL.

While Schremp hardly carried his line and played first line minutes along with the best teammates in modo.
I never ever and i never ever seen any pro Omark fan say they want to see Omark in the top line or with better linemates (well i said tons of times Gagner suck).

Id always said id want Omark with Horc and Smyth. Third line is hardly asking for more.

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:37 PM
Tedi

Quote:
I dont think you understand or wrote the reply before that. A guy said Schremp scored as much as Omark did in SEL. Wich wasnt true as Schremp had about 10points less than Omark in where i pointed out Omark played second line minutes and he carried his line IN SEL.

While Schremp hardly carried his line and played first line minutes along with the best teammates in modo.
I never ever and i never ever seen any pro Omark fan say they want to see Omark in the top line or with better linemates (well i said tons of times Gagner suck).

Id always said id want Omark with Horc and Smyth. Third line is hardly asking for more.
IMO Omark is done with the Oilers, he probably doesn't dress in the final few games.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Giant Moo

LaGu, thanks for the translation work.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:21 PM
Matte99

Quote:
IMO Omark is done with the Oilers, he probably doesn't dress in the final few games.
True, he probably wont. It doesn't mean you are right in your oppinion about him, it simply means he isn't a fit with Oiler management. Some of the post here shows a very simplistic and tragically ignorant view of people and their abilities. You are one of those. Its pathetic that such ideas still can have credibility but such is life, education isn't something we can take for granted. Dump and chase for the win, god forgive anyone who doesn't play the game according the the 1930's handbook.

Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte99 View Post
True, he probably wont. It doesn't mean you are right in your oppinion about him, it simply means he isn't a fit with Oiler management. Some of the post here shows a very simplistic and tragically ignorant view of people and their abilities. You are one of those. Its pathetic that such ideas still can have credibility but such is life, education isn't something we can take for granted. Dump and chase for the win, god forgive anyone who doesn't play the game according the the 1930's handbook.
Yah know what...bite me. The only ignorant posters here are you Omark fanboys. It must be hard to be objective with your massive mancrush? Hopefully Omark can continue his career in the NHL somewhere and take you with him. And really we are talking about a 4th round pick....sigh we could have had Jamie Benn

Last edited by Tedi: 03-31-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Matte99

Quote:
Yah know what...bite me. The only ignorant posters here are you Omark fanboys. It must be hard to be objective with your massive mancrush? Hopefully Omark can continue his career in the NHL somewhere and take you with him. And really we are talking about a 4th round pick....sigh we could have had Jamie Benn
Thats one of your more sensible posts and i agree with most of it. =) Im not an Omark fanboy whatever that is, but i do find it remarkable to see people post crap as if they knew anything. I hope Omark will find himself somewhere else, preferably in a canadian team. He needs to find himself first and improve some basics (speed, shot). The thing that you need to know is that for us who seen Omark play before NHL, we have seen him play an amasing type of hockey. Thats what he needs to bring to become a part of any team. This **** posted by some people is surely just BS and without any insight of anything. Why? Probably because they cba to write anything worth reading.

Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
IMO Omark is done with the oilers aswell and is probably alot better off being so aswell.
But i didnt ask for your opinion at all, and your post was completly ignorant to the subject discussed wich had nothing to do with oilers at all.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:07 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The trouble with the bolded is that few Oilers fans could give a **** what Omark or Schremp could do in the SEL. Its really besides the main point.

That being a 25yr old veteran professional player that still can't carry much here. Sink or swim happening here.
I didnt say SEL had anythign to with it. I just pointed out a poster that said Schremp had as good sel stats as Omark were wrong. Just factly an also looking at composing lines. Omark made his line, Schremp didnt this season. I didnt even bother to point out Schremp got alot of his points in so wich didnt excist in SEL when Omark played there..
But yet again my post wasnt regarding Omark in nhl, it was regarding a poster saying he and Schremp were equeall in sel..

Old
04-01-2012, 03:03 AM
Tedi

Quote:
IMO Omark is done with the oilers aswell and is probably alot better off being so aswell.
But i didnt ask for your opinion at all, and your post was completly ignorant to the subject discussed wich had nothing to do with oilers at all.
So I'm stupid or ignorant or perhaps a combination of both because I don't buy ALL of the hype surrounding Omark. And this being a forum that is not controlled by you I don't need your permission to share an opinion. Nor was it I that derailed this thread in the first place, although I did add the Schremp factor that may have fanned some flames. Not really my intention, just trying to show some of you that his stats truely aren't that impressive, although last year was much better. And check out Matt's first posts on page 1 to see where the Oilers are first bought up and I also wasn't the first to mention Schremp. Try some comprehension and we won't need these recaps.

Old
04-02-2012, 04:30 AM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Why is that so strange. The competition for a SWE jersey isn't THAT weak.
how often do players have to try out for the WC? Let alone an "NHL" player?

Not saying he should make the team on the fact that he played in the NHL but its usually they want you or they don't.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 06:33 AM
McClelland

^Thats because omark isnt a regular nhl player! Hes been injured a long time and has spend his time in oklahama. He isnt zetterberg or sedins, they want to see if hes back in shape and can make a difference.

Omarks career is down in the dark caves now, he want to be back in business and a good worlds at home-ice is the best way right now to step out from the misery.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote