HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Canucks Wed 28th March 8 PM MST | We've used up our quota of must win games.

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2012, 12:51 AM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
If they were truly prepping for the future, they would've put a C on that jersey.
Super tough call. Either O'Reilly or Lando. If one of them gets it though it means the other probably never will.

Probably deserves it's own thread.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:51 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankieDankie View Post
I know most people would despise it, but if any of you guys wanna jump on our bandwagon as league villians, feel free to do so
I would rather kick myself in the face.

Honestly.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:52 AM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
Ducks did improve after a bad start but too late. Leafs season and playoff hopes were already pretty much gone when they switched coach. Carolina is also better but also too little too late for them this season. Montreal hired a inept interim head coach and they have been tanking a while now. Washington hired a coach with junior experience only, bad idea.

Oh and how about Kings that surged into a playoff position after hiring Sutter?
Oh please...the Kings were supposed to be Stanley Cup contenders with that roster...they're going to struggle just to make the post-season. Compare our defense to the Kings defense real quick....yuck.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:53 AM
HankieDankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post

Honestly.
That is the correct response.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:53 AM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post

Honestly.
You'd probably pull your groin doing that.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:55 AM
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
The worst part is that people seem to think that this Avs team is a legitimate cup contender and only Sacco's off the wall strategy of pulling the goalie when down late in the third is holding them back from winning.
Not at all, this team is one with enough talent to be a playoff team and that's about it. Instead we are harving after Dallas and Phoenix, two good teams but I do believe Avs got a slight edge on them when it comes to talent. Those teams coaching staff get maximum out of most of there top players while we have seen Duchene,Stastny and Hejduk underperform all season.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BERLIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
omg when is the Sacco hate going to end

Posts like this make me so mad. Firing the coach only worked for ONE team this entire season. The Ducks blew, Leafs blow, Carolina sucks, Montreal sucks, and Washington is horrid compared to their roster.

Only the Blues improved.
By this logic no one should fire coaches. I know this was before you're time but the Devils were first in the East with like 10 games to go in the season and they fired Ftorek they went on to win the cup that year.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:57 AM
billybobjoe2112

vCash: 73
Quote:
Canucks fan, coming in peace.

Ahh, I hate to say it, being division rivals and all, but I really became a bit of a fan of the Avs over this season. Landeskog is just amazing. I was a fan of Varly when he was on the Caps as well. I was cheering for you guys to make the playoffs, but that didn't work out.

I know most people would despise it, but if any of you guys wanna jump on our bandwagon as league villians, feel free to do so
I'd rather cut my balls off with a rusty knife.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:57 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
I'd rather cut my balls off with a rusty knife.
...I rather jump on the 'nucks wagon before doing that.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:59 AM
benzino

Quote:
Oh please...the Kings were supposed to be Stanley Cup contenders with that roster...they're going to struggle just to make the post-season. Compare our defense to the Kings defense real quick....yuck.
They could still be Cup contenders. They have a elite goalie, a solid D like you mentioned and a offense that woke up after the Carter trade. They just needed a new coach to wake them up from their slump in the first part of the season.

Old
Mant*

Quote:
Honestly, it's just getting ridiculous. People are blaming him for Duchene's struggles... yet he's put him on a line with Olver, Mueller, or Hejduk and he's absolutely been brutal. These are all players he's had past chemistry with. At some point you have to blame the players.
The really sad thing is, no matter who the Avs bring in... people will still blame everything on the coach. Can't go a single page in any thread without some ******* crying about Sacco.

Old
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Yeah, go Canucks go, just put the knife away.

Old
NothingLikeAnEJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
By this logic no one should fire coaches. I know this was before you're time but the Devils were first in the East with like 10 games to go in the season and they fired Ftorek they went on to win the cup that year.
LMAO if you're going to try to call me young (I'm 21 by the way)...at least know what you're talking about.

The Devils fired Julien in 2007 when they were in first place...who the hell is Ftorek?

Old
billybobjoe2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Never. I own a Blackhawks jersey and a Bruins jersey just for the playoffs.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:01 AM
billybobjoe2112

The knife is away but the bandwagon is still never gonna happen. Nucks hater 4 life.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:01 AM
NothingLikeAnEJ

Quote:
LMAO if you're going to try to call me young (I'm 21 by the way)...at least know what you're talking about.

The Devils fired Julien in 2007 when they were in first place...who the hell is Ftorek?
Nevermind they did fire Ftorek in 2000 when they were in first place as well. Damn they do that a lot.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:03 AM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

What's up with the Hunny hate?

He made one ****ing mistake tonight but he played well the rest of the game. The guy worked his ****ing ass off, never complained, got his chance and ****ing played well. In the games he played he wasn't perfect but he was much better than last season and rarely made mistakes. If you can't appreciate Hunwick's hard work than you can **** off.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Mant*

Quote:
Canucks fan, coming in peace.

Ahh, I hate to say it, being division rivals and all, but I really became a bit of a fan of the Avs over this season. Landeskog is just amazing. I was a fan of Varly when he was on the Caps as well. I was cheering for you guys to make the playoffs, but that didn't work out.

Sorry, but no. **** your team. This is the last fanbase you should be asking to jump on your bandwagon. If you were playing a conference final series against Detroit, we would buy Draper and McCarty jerseys.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:04 AM
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
How about Devils firing John MacLean last season when they were dead last and almost made the playoffs after hiring Lemaire again? Or Pittsburgh firing Therrien midseason and replacing him with Bylsma that ultimately ended up winning the Cup in his first season? There is good examples and bad examples of teams hiring a new coach but we simply won't know where this team really stands until we get a new coach. If we suck after getting a new coach then I will worry...

Old
03-29-2012, 01:05 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Mant's bluntness about everything is so awesome.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
How about Devils firing John MacLean last season when they were dead last and almost made the playoffs after hiring Lemaire again? Or Pittsburgh firing Therrien midseason and replacing him with Bylsma that ultimately ended up winning the Cup in his first season? There is good examples and bad examples of teams hiring a new coach but we simply won't know where this team really stands until we get a new coach. If we suck after getting a new coach then I will worry...
If we suck after getting a new coach, you'll just shift your whining to that coach.

Old
NothingLikeAnEJ

Mant's on a roll

Old
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
What's up with the Hunny hate?

He made one ****ing mistake tonight but he played well the rest of the game. The guy worked his ****ing ass off, never complained, got his chance and ****ing played well. In the games he played he wasn't perfect but he was much better than last season and rarely made mistakes. If you can't appreciate Hunwick's hard work than you can **** off.
I appreciate Hunwick as a person and the hard work he's done but he still does too many costly mistakes in my book.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:08 AM
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
If we suck after getting a new coach, you'll just shift your whining to that coach.
Nah I will whine about Duchene instead like the rest

Old
03-29-2012, 01:08 AM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Also another awesome thing was when the Canucks had those empty net chances O'Reilly and Landeskog wouldn't give up. Landy with the diving poke checks and O'Reilly with the save by blocking the shot.

Also Varly and Johnson were awesome. Johnson when he takes the puck down the ice he is so awesome. It's like he can't be stopped and there is so much determination on his face.

Closed Thread