HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shawn Hunwick (U of M, G)

Old
03-29-2012, 02:16 PM
kshymkiw

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
I hope we get to see him play. I have a feeling this kid could be something special. His work ethic and how he approaches the game are out standing.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

I watched the shutout vs Mich State, he was really good. He is too smal though...kind of like Tugnutt was too small

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:46 PM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyII View Post
Assuming Jackets sign two goalies in the off-season or one plus Mason, York and Corbeil will be competing for PT in Springfield so there wouldn't be any room for Hunwick anyway.

Of course seeing how Columbus allows Springfield to do whatever the heck they want with our prospects, I expect York and Corbeil will compete in the ECHL so Springfield can start some over-the-hill veteran and some undrafted free agent college goalie.
Most people I have talked to are assuming that, if there is absolutely no trade market to get a draft pick or a bag of pucks back for him, Mason will get bought out of his last year on his contract and they will let him walk.

I expect Dekanich to possibly get another look and maybe earn a two-way contract, I expect the CBJ to be aggressive in signing a proven NHL goaltender, and I would hope that, given Hunwick's drive and his background "story", that he get a decent look as well and get an invite to camp and maybe earn a two-way contract.

At the very least, I'd like to see him play in at least 1 game.

BJFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:46 PM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I watched the shutout vs Mich State, he was really good. He is too smal though...kind of like Tugnutt was too small
If a big goalie (Mason, who is 6'4'') can't stop the puck for us, maybe a 5'5'' goalie can

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Jets fan and Michigan Student coming in peace...

Hunwick is awesome, someone needs to get a "shrimp" chant going...

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

I could see Hunwick getting some chance to come off the bench in relief tonight. Then, he ends up pitching an NHL-record of shutouts in the next 5 games to close out the season.

By next Christmas, there's a Disney movie a la 'Rudy'. At the end of the movie as the team is mobbing actor Hunwick, Bob Hunter is narrating: "There was no Stanley Cup to kiss or carry around the ice. Maybe there should have been."

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote