HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sherman and Sacco to Return Next Season

Old
03-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
If Sacco were going to get canned it would have happened back in December. After the season the Avs have had, regardless of whether or not they sneak into the playoffs, you really can't fire the coach.
Scratcho wouldn't be fired. His contract is up. He just wouldn't be re-signed.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

Where is all of this the team spending money talk coming from? Other than re-signing key RFA there's no guarantee the team will spend money on better free agents. I bet SOB will be back. One mistake on sherms part was overpaying for hejda. I so wish he was on a 1 year deal like SOB and wouldn't be back.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:37 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
Where is all of this the team spending money talk coming from? Other than re-signing key RFA there's no guarantee the team will spend money on better free agents. I bet SOB will be back. One mistake on sherms part was overpaying for hejda. I so wish he was on a 1 year deal like SOB and wouldn't be back.
He overpaid for Hejda? News to me.

JWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
He overpaid for Hejda? News to me.
You think hejda is worth his contract? If so good for you, but I think he's just as ****** as SOB and wish he was gone and replaced by someone better. 3 years at 3.25 mil per. Yeah major overpayment imho.

edit: whoops 4 years. even worse. Only 3 more years to go.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:39 PM
benzino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Avs said in the past that they will spend money once the new CBA is agreed. I personally feel that is BS and they will come up with a new excuse.

benzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:42 PM
benzino

Quote:
You think hejda is worth his contract? If so good for you, but I think he's just as ****** as SOB and wish he was gone and replaced by someone better. 3 years at 3.25 mil per. Yeah major overpayment imho.
Columbus offered Hejda a 2 year contract extension since they noticed that his play had gone down. Hejda wanted a longer contract though and could probably not believe his luck when Avs offered him a 4 year contract....

Old
03-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
Avs said in the past that they will spend money once the new CBA is agreed. I personally feel that is BS and they will come up with a new excuse.
I feel the same way. I hope I'm wrong though.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:44 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Maybe slightly but not majorly. He has been stellar on the PK with ROB. 5 on 5 not so much.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shakey Rustie
2L

Quote:
They will give Sherman and Sacco big raises

Shakey Rustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GOAT

woops

18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:45 PM
BrickAHL
WOATalanche

Didn't we spend up to the cap in the 08-09 season? I believe Kroenke will spend money, it hasn't been that long since he was spending up to the cap.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:47 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:

edit: whoops 4 years. even worse. Only 3 more years to go.
Sure he was terrible first couple months of the year, but he was paired with O'Byrne they both have done well and became that "shutdown" defense pair. He has helped a ton on the PK as well, I don't mind that for 3.25M per year.

JWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:51 PM
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Didn't we spend up to the cap in the 08-09 season? I believe Kroenke will spend money, it hasn't been that long since he was spending up to the cap.
Yes and finished in the bottom. After that Kroenke thought **** **** I'm not paying big bucks for a losing team and since then Avs have been hugging the cap floor.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1746
Fired. Not rehired. No difference. My point stands.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:52 PM
BrickAHL
WOATalanche

Quote:
Yes and finished in the bottom. After that Kroenke thought **** **** I'm not paying big bucks for a losing team and since then Avs have been hugging the cap floor.
And now we are ready to take the next step so hopefully Kroenke sees that and spends money like he did many times before on this team.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

What a bunch of BS. Can't believe they're going to give this idiot (Sacco) an extension.

I guess I can always hope for a terrible start to next season. Maybe they'll get rid of him then like the Blues did with Payne. Doesn't matter how much young talent they have or if they bring in a couple of free agents this year, this team isn't going anywhere with this moron as the head coach.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Good on both counts.

Sacco is leading the youngest AND cheapest team in the league to a 10 game over .500 record. Plus he hasn't made many bone headed moves the past couple months.
The avs are in running for a playoff spot despite of Sacco not because of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Until Sacco gets an extension, I'm assuming he isn't back. This all seems to be speculation by Dater.
Yeah, that's my thinking as well. I doubt Dater knows anything, I do expect Shermy to be back. He's done an outstanding job way better than PL(of the last years) and FG.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Avalanche

Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:25 PM
the_fan

Although i would of liked it if the Avs hired a better coach, you gotta look at the big picture. The Avs done pretty good this year considering they are the youngest team in the NHL without a true captain and a veteran star player to help out.

If Avs get someone like Suter or Parise next year i think they'll do very well even under Sacco.

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:35 PM
AvsWraith

Can't believe no one is mentioning what Hitchcock did with the Blues as an example of why Sacco needs to go. Look at the Blues before the hiring as compared to after. Coaching makes a big difference. You need one that knows what they are doing and can bring the best out of the players. Sacco is not that coach. Can't just settle on him if you want to go to the next level.

AvsWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:38 PM
The Infamous Tank
Franklinator Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
They'll be fine when healthy. Muellers problem has been health, Duchene it was health combined with lazyness.
I can understand wanting a new head coach but I don't understand the hate for Sacco. He isn't terrible. More like mediocre, and that is good enough. Claude Julian was mediocre until the B's became a great team, then ironically he became a great coach. He does some dumb things, but overall the teams played hard and met Shermans expectations.

As for Sherman, idk if he really is a figure head or not but the front office has been making great decisions since he took it over.
Aiming for mediocrity is never a good plan ask Calgary and Columbus

The Infamous Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Gumballhead

Completely fine with Sherm coming back. Sacco is a tough one. I'd really like to see how this team would do under a different coach, but I can't complain too much about what this young team has accomplished.

It's certainly not a surprising rumor, but that it exists at all is a little surprising considering the usual hush that surrounds this organization. I wonder if it's true at all -- seems like a funny time for it to come up, doesn't it?

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:44 PM
shadow1

Greg Sherman returning should have been a no-brainer.

With Joe Sacco, things are more iffy, but I can't deny that he recovered well from a poor start to the season, and also changed his coaching style from the run-and-gun no defense crap the Avs used the past two season.

shadow1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:44 PM
HF007
In Roy we Trust

but just about sacco

HF007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Drij

Not that surprised with no cba in place yet. Betting one 1 year contract extensions for both. They need management for the incoming lockout.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote