HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Playoff Schedule

Old
04-02-2012, 08:00 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/20...quarterfinals/

This is a useful link. I can't seem to find the original release from NBC....but you can see the channels on there. I think NBCSC is going to be the workhorse.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:09 PM
PitchDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I'd guess that St Louis is not going to be the sexiest games (less frequently on NBC) so are probably going to be on NBCSC more likely in the first round (or two) anyway. Just a guess.

I don't think there is a good way to know for sure until just before the games start, but if I were you and had the means...I'd make sure and get it set up now. How often is your team going to be in this position? It would suck to miss out on games because of stupid delays.

Just for your info:
I have DirecTV and get the Center Ice package annually. I also get the Sports Plus (or whatever its called). So...I watch all the games on FSMW (although locally they black out the Phoenix games). Although Center Ice carries those same feeds, I prefer the pregame/postgame stuff from actually recording 671 (FSMW). Against the Coyotes I have to tape their FSSW channel feed. I believe those channels would all be blacked out if I didn't subscribe to Center Ice.

Almost every single game is available in HD (for any team) except some of the Canada vs Canada matchups which are SD. This season, one game (Chicago) was only available online due to Versus blackout rules.

Considering what I've spent on Blues tickets over the years, I don't mind the cost for this package. All the post-season games are included, and the NHL Channel is there year-round. There are lots of replays, including ALL the playoff games over the summer.

Not sure what I'm going on about, other than being in the boondocks, its nice to have great hockey programming available without any hassle.
Thanks for the info. Couldn't agree more and think this is the direction I'm going to go in the future. I've barely missed a game the past two seasons so for the enjoyment and use I get, I think the extra cost is warranted to have the additional features you discussed. Question - you mentioned you get pre and post games on FSMW - is that right? Center Ice doesnt show pre/post for me, so I assume its the Sports Plus addition that is giving you the extra access? Or did I misunderstand. Really appreciate the info.

PitchDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:19 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Center Ice feeds don't have the pre-game. They run for 6 hour blocks, but I don't think they keep going through all the post-game most of the time. Not totally sure since I don't use those channels most of the time.

The Sports Plus package (or whatever its called) gives access to all the regional Fox Sports channels plus dozens others. The NHL games on those channels are NOT blocked when you have subscribed to Center Ice. So...I set to record those channels, add extra time to the end, and catch the pre-game and post-game as much as I want.

This year, with NBCSN and NBC as a family being a lot more committed to the NHL, they've said that ALL playoff games will be available on one of their national networks (including NHL Network, NBC, NBCSN and CNBC). In addition, I think the first round will be on the regional (FSMW) as well (duel feeds). At least that's how I understand it.

In years past the only way you got all the playoff games (of all teams) was to have Center Ice. Now, if you have access to NHL Network and NBCSN you don't have to have it.

Its really cool the loyalty and effort NBC is putting in to develop their NHL content. Since Versus was acquired, things have been really trending a positive direction. Lots more games shown, and the playoff content is going to be unprecedented.

Old
04-03-2012, 12:48 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post

This year, with NBCSN and NBC as a family being a lot more committed to the NHL, they've said that ALL playoff games will be available on one of their national networks (including NHL Network, NBC, NBCSN and CNBC). In addition, I think the first round will be on the regional (FSMW) as well (duel feeds). At least that's how I understand it.

Its really cool the loyalty and effort NBC is putting in to develop their NHL content. Since Versus was acquired, things have been really trending a positive direction. Lots more games shown, and the playoff content is going to be unprecedented.
The only problem is the ratings have been pretty bad.

NBC Sports Group boss Mark Lazarus is failing to score with his ambitious plan to overhaul NBC Sports Network.

In the first three months of the year, ratings plunged 22 percent the biggest drop in eight years after Lazarus announced the cable channel was jettisoning the Versus moniker and changing its name to NBC Sports Network.

According to Nielsen, NBCSN averaged 64,000 total daily viewers in the three months ended March 25, down from 82,000 viewers in the same period a year ago.

That means it would be the least-watched since the second quarter of 2004, when OLN averaged just 51,000 viewers.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1r06VOww3

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:07 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Hopefully a compelling NHL post-season will help them grow the network back up.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:39 PM
econoar

Does NHL Gamecenter come with the playoffs?

econoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:52 AM
STL Blues Fan

vCash: 50
Yay got my playoff tickets for home game 2!!! Saturday April 14 right?
Section 326 Row Q, I don't care where the seats were at plus they were so hard to get I'm just happy to be going and the atmosphere is going to be awesome. I hope we blow the roof off the place. Anyway glad I've finally figured out how to recover my username for this website. I forgot what it was after last season. Yup go Blues!!!!

Last edited by STL Blues Fan: 04-04-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Put seats location.
STL Blues Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:59 PM
diehardbluesfan

Pretty frustraded at the box office right now.. didn't get my strip package like I wanted.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:06 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Pretty frustraded at the box office right now.. didn't get my strip package like I wanted.
what did you want?

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:07 PM
STL Blues Fan

This is just my gripe but all the people buying so many extra tickets to sell on stubhub or whatever should have had to wait. I barley got my tickets and I just wanted some for me and my family. Luckily I got all 4 of them with seats together but I see so many tickets for sale on stubhub and I'm like y. Shouldn't the actual fans get the first choice of seats instead of the people trying to make a buck on them.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:21 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Blues Fan View Post
This is just my gripe but all the people buying so many extra tickets to sell on stubhub or whatever should have had to wait. I barley got my tickets and I just wanted some for me and my family. Luckily I got all 4 of them with seats together but I see so many tickets for sale on stubhub and I'm like y. Shouldn't the actual fans get the first choice of seats instead of the people trying to make a buck on them.
Well season ticket holders get first crack, and they are also able to buy extras at their discounted price, with full price listed on the tickets. If I was my dad, I would've bought at least some extra and sell them. I'm of the opinion, if you were one of the few that went to all the Kitchen games, you have the right to do whatever you want.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:42 PM
STL Blues Fan

Yeah but I work nights so it would be useless for me to get season tickets. I went to a few and I don't have a problem with them getting first pick its when people they buy hundreds of them. I know there are probably some shady ticket bussinesses or whatever buying hundreds of them or something and they get them cheaper then ticketmaster price u just said relselling them for $30+ more than ticketmaster. Oh well I'm happy atleast I get my tickets from ticketmaster the minute they went on sale to everybody this morning and they were sold out of mezzanine level seats 5 minutes later which they should have more than that if all these people weren't trying to sell them for such an inlflated rate on stubhub plus stubhub proccessing fee is even more than ticketmaster which makes the resale suck even more but like I said I'm happy since I did get my tickets this morning and printed them out with them sitting right here.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:58 PM
diehardbluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
what did you want?
I was looking for a strip package in the upperbowl at the cheapest price available, but I didn't get anything yet. I have class in STL tomorrow till noon, so I'm gonna go to the box office after that and try and get something. I would have today but I had a dentist appointment then work and wouldn't have been able to make it over to the box office and get back in time.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:58 PM
STL fan in IA

I wasn't able to get tickets. I couldn't find 2 seats together in the mezzanine for game 2 (can't really afford tix in 100 level). It's really hard figuring out a time to visit STL (6 hrs away for me) when we don't know exactly when the games will be!! I assumed that game 2 would be on Sat the 14th but ticketmaster errored out on me and by the time I got through I guess all if the tickets were gone. Oh well! Maybe I'll look into one of the online brokers but when it comes to having to pay a ton for not so great seats and having to drive 12 hours round trip to go, my tv really starts to look like a more attractive option!

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:00 PM
diehardbluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
I wasn't able to get tickets. I couldn't find 2 seats together in the mezzanine for game 2 (can't really afford tix in 100 level). It's really hard figuring out a time to visit STL (6 hrs away for me) when we don't know exactly when the games will be!! I assumed that game 2 would be on Sat the 14th but ticketmaster errored out on me and by the time I got through I guess all if the tickets were gone. Oh well! Maybe I'll look into one of the online brokers but when it comes to having to pay a ton for not so great seats and having to drive 12 hours round trip to go, my tv really starts to look like a more attractive option!
Try Craigslist in STL. They are cheaper than online brokers. It may be difficult though since you are coming from out of town.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Alklha

A friend managed to get me Club Corner Strips, so I'm pretty happy. I still have no idea if I'll be able to make the first couple of games though, and won't know until next Tuesday.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:45 PM
diehardbluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
A friend managed to get me Club Corner Strips, so I'm pretty happy. I still have no idea if I'll be able to make the first couple of games though, and won't know until next Tuesday.
Damn, money bags.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Damn, money bags.

Never seen the Blues in the playoffs, and with the Cardinals recent World Series wins in mind, I'm making sure I enjoy this trip! Already have the girlfriend in a bad mood because of it though

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:18 PM
diehardbluesfan

Quote:

Never seen the Blues in the playoffs, and with the Cardinals recent World Series wins in mind, I'm making sure I enjoy this trip! Already have the girlfriend in a bad mood because of it though
I was lucky enough my buddys dad works for the Cardinals so I got a nice discount (if you can call it that) on tickets throughout the post season. I went to Game 1 of every series, going 2-3. The world series game was so sick. I'm definitely getting Stanley Cup tickets if they make it that far.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:25 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:

She's not good enough for you bro.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:25 PM
MU_Beerman

As a STH, I can tell you that If you wanted to buy extras, they were @ gate price, not the discounted price.

MU_Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:41 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU_Beerman View Post
As a STH, I can tell you that If you wanted to buy extras, they were @ gate price, not the discounted price.
Pretty sure my dad's rep offered extras at season ticket holder price