Someone photoshop xerxes and leonitas to be mikko and mikael
Like this?

I'm thinking more like this.

Old
05-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind having Matt Damon or Gerard Butler on the Wild.

Old
05-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I wouldn't mind having Matt Damon or Gerard Butler on the Wild.
THIS... IS... Dem Apples.

Old
05-05-2012, 07:52 AM
TZM
Par too easy

As mentioned, #64 looked a lot better out there than expected. I wish more sog from him though.

Old
05-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Keeptdos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
As mentioned, #64 looked a lot better out there than expected. I wish more sog from him though.
That's what I thought. He made many sweet passes but no one ever made one timers... Maybe they weren't expecting the puck. He has a nice wrister and should use it more.

Old
05-06-2012, 03:39 PM
urho

He's been the most dangerous Finn offensively in these 2 games. While that's not exactly hard, I'm very glad that he seems to be in good shape right now, first time in months!

Old
05-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Definitely. And after watching some of his games and seeing his wrister. Its almost night and day to what it what last year. I'm a little surprised he wouldn't show it off a little bit on the World Stage with the big boys. He put in a lot of work and it shows.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Ladde

He definetly needs better finnishers around him. The goal that MG assisted today(Pesonen?) was pretty much a fluke. This is just my opinnion because Pesonen missed the puck when he tried to fire a wrister. (MG hasnt really found Immonen yet) Also if the Slovak goalie had extended his glove a bit more he would have saved that but granted he didn´t even see the puck.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:57 AM
TZM
Par too easy

If you want to ask a question from Mikke (or someone else from team Finland) go to ihanfinaalissa.fi -> scroll down where it says 'KYSY LEIJONILTA' -> write your nickname in 'Nimimerkki' box -> select the player you want your question to be presented -> write your question in the big box -> press 'LÄHETÄ KYSYMYS'.

Hope it works in other countries too. Ofcourse only a fraction of questions will be asked (usually about 4 to 6min interview). Anyway here's your chance.

I can sub the interview here.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:39 PM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladde View Post
He definetly needs better finnishers around him. The goal that MG assisted today(Pesonen?) was pretty much a fluke. This is just my opinnion because Pesonen missed the puck when he tried to fire a wrister. (MG hasnt really found Immonen yet) Also if the Slovak goalie had extended his glove a bit more he would have saved that but granted he didn´t even see the puck.
You almost make it sound like it's Granlund's fault that Pesonen almost didn't score. Granlund has been playing great, above my expectations. He just needs that killer instinct. It's too frustrating to watch him not shooting the puck.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Ladde

I am not dissing Grandlund at all. I was trying to say that his linemates seems to fail finnishing his passes and Pesonen was the example for that claim.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:33 AM
urho

Quote:
It was actually a great performance by both players. Granlund deked the **** out of that slovak behind the net and managed to get the puck for Pesonen who made a great play after he couldn't make the one timer work.

And yep, it'd be interesting to have some questions from Minnesota-fans... I mean the ihanfinaalissa-interview they're making.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:51 AM
satchmo

This guy really is something special. He is small and slow but somehow he`s just racking them points. All he has is a pair of miracle hands. We will see if that is enough in the nhl????? Could turn out to be a huge bust......

Old
05-08-2012, 08:28 AM
urho

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo View Post
This guy really is something special. He is small and slow but somehow he`s just racking them points. All he has is a pair of miracle hands. We will see if that is enough in the nhl????? Could turn out to be a huge bust......
He's smallish but he isn't slow anymore (nor very fast). He might be the quickest forward in his line (Pessi, Immonen) and he doesn't really caught your eye by being slow. He does slow the game around him quite often, if that's what you mean

He could still be a bust but I don't see that being likely. We'll see it in a couple of years.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:12 PM
TCJ

Quote:
I see what you did there

Old
05-11-2012, 06:04 PM
urho

Now I've seen it. Granlund was absolutely horrible tonight, looked like a scared little boy out there. I'm actually little worried about him and his future in the NHL, he was that bad. Please Mikke, improve your game A LOT when we play USA. Please...

Old
05-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

PMB 0.5 ahah been saying this since the hype started. Too small.

Old
05-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
Granlund had one bad game?

The sky is falling!

Old
05-11-2012, 07:40 PM
MaNNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Granlund had one bad game?

The sky is falling!
If only it was just one bad game, truth be told he has been playing badly since the wjc and it's been reflected on everything he does. ie. he has not scored a single penalty shot since the wjc in a game. He has missed like 5 in a row or something like that. He has looked like the shadow of his former self in every game thus farm in WCH aswell.
I'm actually pretty worried that he might not make it to the NHL ever. I never thought his game was good in the small ice when i've seen him there in WCJ in -09 and -11. And today he was just getting dominated out there. On top of that he seems to be having some sort of a mental crisis, his passes have been horrible and he has been just nothing like he used to. Let's hope he can pull himself together and return to his form come september and the training camp but i'm a little worried right now tbh...

Old
05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
second line winger with mental problems? sounds like a refreshing change of pace for this team.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Well now, his passes haven't exactly been horrible. This reminds me of his 2010 WC performance, too soft and too timid. I hope he improves... I really do.

Old
05-11-2012, 10:18 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 475
I feel like FBJ may have lost some of his "swag" watching him in development camp and most of the WJC's you could just tell he was confident in himself. Since the shootout debacle, it sounds as if he really declined a lot.

So, I'm guessing(hoping) that he just needs to get his confidence back and return to his normal FBJ self!

Old
05-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

On the plus side, hopefully that makes it easier/cheaper for the Wild to sign him and enough of him calling the shots in his career. Kid needs to get the rookie mentality.

Old
05-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
PMB 0.5 ahah been saying this since the hype started. Too small.
Ok..

Closed Thread