HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Eastern Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Eastern Europe Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan

The best 97 born latvian prospects?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2012, 05:16 AM
  #1
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
The best 97 born latvian prospects?

Are there players standing out in this age group for Latvia?


Last edited by BalticWarrior: 02-17-2013 at 04:43 AM.
BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:23 AM
  #2
Profins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Umm, i know Gvido Jansons is playing in the USA. He's a 97' born defenseman, not sure how great is he (i believe he's an average player). The only thing i know about him, he has got a good frame and he's playing for Selects Hockey Academy.

Otherwise, seems that 1997 is similar to 1992, by that i mean - lack of good players.

Profins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:47 AM
  #3
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profins View Post
Umm, i know Gvido Jansons is playing in the USA. He's a 97' born defenseman, not sure how great is he (i believe he's an average player). The only thing i know about him, he has got a good frame and he's playing for Selects Hockey Academy.

Otherwise, seems that 1997 is similar to 1992, by that i mean - lack of good players.
Thats what i suspected cause i know we got plenty of good players 96 born- Egle,Vasilonoks,Zembergs,Abols,Buss,but no info on 97`.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:51 AM
  #4
Profins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Yup, 96 year might be even better than 94. I'm more curious about 98' born players. I know Edgars Treijs is a beast, he's dominating the highest swedish junior league for his age. He's playing with one year older boys (mostly 97' born) and still has the most points. Here are the stats, if anyone is interested. http://stats.swehockey.se/Players/St...ngLeaders/2968
However, i'd like to know more about him and other 98' born players (I know Teodors Blugers has a brother Roberts Blugers, he's a 98' born and playing in the usa).


Last edited by Profins: 11-25-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Profins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:48 AM
  #5
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profins View Post
Yup, 96 year might be even better than 94. I'm more curious about 98' born players. I know Edgars Treijs is a beast, he's dominating the highest swedish junior league for his age. He's playing with one year older boys (mostly 97' born) and still has the most points. Here are the stat's, if anyone is interested. http://stats.swehockey.se/Players/St...ngLeaders/2968
However, i'd like to know more about him and other 98' born players (I know Teodors Blugers has a brother Roberts Blugers, he's a 98' born and playing in the usa).
Well the thing about treijs is thats unclear what is his true nationality,does he have a swedish passport or a latvian one? also i found somewhere that hes not under the jurisdiction of LHF,so his situation is pretty unclear.
I`ve heard about Roberts Bluegers but i cant comment on how good/bad he is.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:27 AM
  #6
Profins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Umm, well, as much as i know - he's a pure latvian and he moved to Sweden with his family about 4 years ago, so he must have a latvian passport. The problem is he might have a double passport (latvian/swedish). However, in the stats page (which i already posted, won't do it again, because a moderator has to aprove my reply then). Click rosters, find Linkopings. His nationality is shown as LAT. I think the question is whether he's willing to play for Latvia (for example, u-16 and u-18 after a few years).

About Roberts Blugers - I know almost nothing. I just know his club and i have seen his stats this season, nothing more. Tried to search as Robert Blueger, there's no big difference.

Profins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:32 AM
  #7
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Rudolf Balcers (1997), Lörenskog U17, http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=153652 This guy looks pretty good, as i understand he took part in some highly touted swedish tournament and scored 11 goals and gave 2 passes.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:46 AM
  #8
Profins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Rudolf Balcers (1997), Lörenskog U17, http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=153652 This guy looks pretty good, as i understand he took part in some highly touted swedish tournament and scored 11 goals and gave 2 passes.
Checked the internet, found few great references. Btw, he has had solid stats for a defenseman last year, didn't know him before. However, lack of information again.

Profins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:55 AM
  #9
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profins View Post
Checked the internet, found few great references. Btw, he has had solid stats for a defenseman last year, didn't know him before. However, lack of information again.
Yeah it sucks thats so hard to find info about these guys.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:21 AM
  #10
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profins View Post
Otherwise, seems that 1997 is similar to 1992, by that i mean - lack of good players.
The final roster has been announced for U17 (1996) guys who will go to European Youth Olympics and from 1997 three guys are selected - in defense Gvido Jansons and Kristiāns Rubins, and in attack Mārtiņš Dzierkalis (no wonder as he seems to be the top scorer of Latvian U18 league). So probably these are the best prospects.

Also SK Rīga 1997 is currently second in Saint-Petersburg championship, SK Riga 1996 could only dream about that last year, so we will see how it goes. Still too early to have much information about 97 guys, as I remember only after the last EYOF that we participated in we could assess 94 much better and realized that Rihards Bukarts who played as underager there might be somewhat good. So if we see something good in this tournament from 1997, then we can talk

As regards the U17 roster as such the biggest thing is that Locāns and Bušs have not been selected and that no SK Riga 96 goalkeepers (playing in Saint Petersburg and Latvian league) have not been chosen too. But the coaches (from Pārdaugava) are responsible for the result and we will see how it goes.

Goalies:
Matīss Edmunds Kivlenieks 1996 Prizma/Pārdaugava
Toms Nuka 1996 Prizma/Pārdaugava

Defense:
Kristiāns Rubins 1997 Prizma/Pārdaugava
Kirils Mitrofanovs 1996 Prizma/Pārdaugava
Jānis Puriņš 1996 SK Rīga 96
Edgars Vīksna 1996 SK Rīga 96
Emīls Eduards Kājiņš 1996 Liepājas Metalurgs
Gvido Jansons 1997 Liepājas Metalurgs
Vjačeslavs Minajevs 1996 EC Salzburg U18

Forwards:
Frenks Razgals 1996 SK Rīga 96
Kirils Galoha 1996 SK Rīga 96
Rodrigo Ābols 1996 SK Rīga 96
Gatis Sprukts 1996 SK Rīga 96
Iļja Žučkovs 1996 Liepājas Metalurgs
Dans Beržanskis 1996 Liepājas Metalurgs
Mārtiņs Dzierkalis 1997 Sāga/Ogre
Dāvis Zembergs 1996 Boston Junior Bandits (EmJHL)
Haralds Egle 1996 Portland Junior Pirates (EJHL)
Augusts Valdis Vasiļonoks 1996 EC Salzburg II
Marks Lazarevs 1996 Pikes Oberthurgau

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:27 AM
  #11
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
The final roster has been announced for U17 (1996) guys who will go to European Youth Olympics and from 1997 three guys are selected - in defense Gvido Jansons and Kristiāns Rubins, and in attack Mārtiņš Dzierkalis (no wonder as he seems to be the top scorer of Latvian U18 league). So probably these are the best prospects.

Also SK Rīga 1997 is currently second in Saint-Petersburg championship, SK Riga 1996 could only dream about that last year, so we will see how it goes. Still too early to have much information about 97 guys, as I remember only after the last EYOF that we participated in we could assess 94 much better and realized that Rihards Bukarts who played as underager there might be somewhat good. So if we see something good in this tournament from 1997, then we can talk

As regards the U17 roster as such the biggest thing is that Locāns and Bušs have not been selected and that no SK Riga 96 goalkeepers (playing in Saint Petersburg and Latvian league) have not been chosen too. But the coaches (from Pārdaugava) are responsible for the result and we will see how it goes.

Goalies:
Matīss Edmunds Kivlenieks 1996 Prizma/Pārdaugava
Toms Nuka 1996 Prizma/Pārdaugava

Defense:
Kristiāns Rubins 1997 Prizma/Pārdaugava
Kirils Mitrofanovs 1996 Prizma/Pārdaugava
Jānis Puriņš 1996 SK Rīga 96
Edgars Vīksna 1996 SK Rīga 96
Emīls Eduards Kājiņš 1996 Liepājas Metalurgs
Gvido Jansons 1997 Liepājas Metalurgs
Vjačeslavs Minajevs 1996 EC Salzburg U18

Forwards:
Frenks Razgals 1996 SK Rīga 96
Kirils Galoha 1996 SK Rīga 96
Rodrigo Ābols 1996 SK Rīga 96
Gatis Sprukts 1996 SK Rīga 96
Iļja Žučkovs 1996 Liepājas Metalurgs
Dans Beržanskis 1996 Liepājas Metalurgs
Mārtiņs Dzierkalis 1997 Sāga/Ogre
Dāvis Zembergs 1996 Boston Junior Bandits (EmJHL)
Haralds Egle 1996 Portland Junior Pirates (EJHL)
Augusts Valdis Vasiļonoks 1996 EC Salzburg II
Marks Lazarevs 1996 Pikes Oberthurgau
Locans i could somehwat understand,but why not Buss? seems unreasonable. and again there has been talks of players "buying" spots on the team roster.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:43 AM
  #12
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Locans i could somehwat understand,but why not Buss? seems unreasonable. and again there has been talks of players "buying" spots on the team roster.
Below the stats for Bušs and Zembergs in EmJHL:

Artūrs Bušs 23g 8+12=20 pts
http://empirejhl.stats.pointstreak.c...&seasonid=9219
Dāvis Zembergs 12g 6+9=15 pts
http://empirejhl.stats.pointstreak.c...&seasonid=9219



Zembergs stats seem to be better and he is in the team but still... Well if locals are better than Bušs than it's alright , but if the reason is different....

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:47 AM
  #13
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Below the stats for Bušs and Zembergs in EmJHL:

Artūrs Bušs 23g 8+12=20 pts
http://empirejhl.stats.pointstreak.c...&seasonid=9219
Dāvis Zembergs 12g 6+9=15 pts
http://empirejhl.stats.pointstreak.c...&seasonid=9219



Zembergs stats seem to be better and he is in the team but still... Well if locals are better than Bušs than it's alright , but if the reason is different....
Looks like Zembergs was injured for the most part of the season as he has started to play only this year.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:01 AM
  #14
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Looks like Zembergs was injured for the most part of the season as he has started to play only this year.
I guess he played in some other league before EmJHL, as eliteprospects shows some kind of a league called EJEPL and there his stats were 11games 0 points
http://www.ejepl.com/roster_players/1673806

Though I don't know what that league is and it is not listed on eliteprospects, so I guess it's good that he has found a team where he can be productive, as either it is a mistake or he really had tough time in that league, though it doesn't look like something that would be high level junior hockey

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:06 AM
  #15
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
I guess he played in some other league before EmJHL, as eliteprospects shows some kind of a league called EJEPL and there his stats were 11games 0 points
http://www.ejepl.com/roster_players/1673806

Though I don't know what that league is and it is not listed on eliteprospects, so I guess it's good that he has found a team where he can be productive, as either it is a mistake or he really had tough time in that league, though it doesn't look like something that would be high level junior hockey
If can start producing more conistanley at EmJHL he will be promoted to EJHL and from there well,it depends But ive heard he is a great talent.We will see at EYO

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:30 AM
  #16
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profins View Post
Checked the internet, found few great references. Btw, he has had solid stats for a defenseman last year, didn't know him before. However, lack of information again.
Balcers is a forward. That does not necessarily make him a disappointment but then case his stats do not look phenomenal

He was among the leaders while he was in Latvia, maybe was even the nr.1, so it would be great to see how he looks like now.

Latvian U16 finals 2011. He's in some pretty good company, being 2 years younger.
http://statistika.lhf.lv/lv/champion.../stats/?show=1

It's also fun to see how stock of some players' has risen. Rodrigo Ābols has 5 games 1 assist there... Now he's with Egle considered THE leaders of 96 group.

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:36 AM
  #17
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
I guess he played in some other league before EmJHL, as eliteprospects shows some kind of a league called EJEPL and there his stats were 11games 0 points
http://www.ejepl.com/roster_players/1673806

Though I don't know what that league is and it is not listed on eliteprospects, so I guess it's good that he has found a team where he can be productive, as either it is a mistake or he really had tough time in that league, though it doesn't look like something that would be high level junior hockey
The league Zembergs was playing in was just created this season. It's an U16 league which has taken a good bit of the younger talent that used to play in the EmJHL U20 league. The latter was always considered a very weak junior league but it's still somewhat surprising that he's been so much more effective in a league against older players.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:37 AM
  #18
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
The league Zembergs was playing in was just created this season. It's an U16 league which has taken a good bit of the younger talent that used to play in the EmJHL U20 league. The latter was always considered a very weak junior league but it's still somewhat surprising that he's been so much more effective in a league against older players.
So it looks like Zembergs gets better when his opposition gets better

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
  #19
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,785
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
The final roster has been announced for U17
Final roster was final from day one. There were additional names added to the official LHF site one day after original list appeared (which I copied) and that's why that blogger called Miluns out.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:27 PM
  #20
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Final roster was final from day one. There were additional names added to the official LHF site one day after original list appeared (which I copied) and that's why that blogger called Miluns out.
Still I believe some players who were in that original list are not here anymore. Is this list available somewhere, as I think Locāns is one of the guys who is not on this final list but was on the one you mentioned

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:39 PM
  #21
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,785
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Still I believe some players who were in that original list are not here anymore. Is this list available somewhere, as I think Locāns is one of the guys who is not on this final list but was on the one you mentioned
Nop, same 23 names on the original list as on the one you provided as the final one here. Lotars wasn't kidding when he condemned that camp roster, asking what's the point providing such an extensive list, if the roster was all set from day one and the remaining names aren't even invited to practice with the team. "Erik the shopping" strikes once again.

No one have touched my list, since I added it 15 minutes after LHF originally added it to their website:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=9767

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.