HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2012, 11:41 PM
  #51
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
The Oilers only have 4 goals on their past 26 powerplay opportunities. Let's just say that the powerplay's prowess has waned a little. Nugent-Hopkins makes some sick reads and passes but I really think that it's Hall that makes the PP hum.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:42 PM
  #52
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
The love for Potter is annoying as is but why oh why would he break up the Smid-Petry pairing? I'm surprised that i'm the first one to mention this, it's beyond ridiculous.
It makes no sense, it actually makes me a bit angry that Renney could be this clueless.
I don't get it either. Is he trying to send Petry a message or something? Inexplicable despite his struggles on the first two goals.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:42 PM
  #53
dobiezeke*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Do you think he can do it?

Should I make a poll?
12 points the last 5 games...it's coming - you need to sit back and wait.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:43 PM
  #54
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
The Oilers only have 4 goals on their past 26 powerplay opportunities. Let's just say that the powerplay's prowess has waned a little. Nugent-Hopkins makes some sick reads and passes but I really think that it's Hall that makes the PP hum.
I don't know if it's so much Hall's play on the PP that does, moreso his presence ... teams have to respect him downlow, when combined with Eberle and then Nugent Hopkins quarterbacking it ... too much time/space for the Oilers to score.

Take Hall out of the equation however and now teams can cheat more on Eberle.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:43 PM
  #55
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder
 
McCupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 15,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I don't get it either. Is he trying to send Petry a message or something? Inexplicable despite his struggles on the first two goals.
Did he start the game with the Petry-Potter pairing or did Petry get demoted during the game?

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:44 PM
  #56
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Colorado lost again don't think landesgod is going to lead them to playoffs

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:45 PM
  #57
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Petry got demoted after Riberio's goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
My hope is to have:

Smid-Petry
Whitney-Murray
Sutton-Schultz

Potter could be the seventh.
I dunno, I still don't like it. We need legit NHLers on the backend.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:47 PM
  #58
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I don't know if it's so much Hall's play on the PP that does, moreso his presence ... teams have to respect him downlow, when combined with Eberle and then Nugent Hopkins quarterbacking it ... too much time/space for the Oilers to score.

Take Hall out of the equation however and now teams can cheat more on Eberle.
We need some reliable big bodies with hands to plug in on the powerplay to help Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins opposed to Gags.

Maybe try Harti there over the final 6 games.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:48 PM
  #59
Connell McWilson
Oilers & Seahawks
 
Connell McWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
I'm willing to believe that Ryan Whitney isn't as bad as we saw this season, I know deep down he's a much better. Can't believe some posters want to run him out of town.

Next year, he's gonna bounce back, watch.

Connell McWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:49 PM
  #60
dobiezeke*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
We need some reliable big bodies with hands to plug in on the powerplay to help Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins opposed to Gags.

Maybe try Harti there over the final 6 games.
I don't care if Hordichuk is on the powerplay...he can't be any less effective than watching RNH/Eberle feed Gagner only to pound the puck off the boards...and subsequently pass it away when the play comes to him on the side boards.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:49 PM
  #61
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder
 
McCupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 15,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Petry got demoted after Riberio's goal.

So he decides to demote a struggling Petry to pair with a much more inferior defenseman? Yeah, that'll show him. How does that help Petry's development?
Utterly moronic.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:53 PM
  #62
SilverHaireDevil
Registered User
 
SilverHaireDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Renney is coaching the final games of the year like this to solidify the tank, can't make the players quit so you set them up to fail. ie Petry/Potter pair.

SilverHaireDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:55 PM
  #63
Psychoil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
in the last 3 seasons, the oilers have lost 159 games....uhh i think im gonna throw up. Just draft grigs and please give us a playoff race next year, ill do anything for a playoff race

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:56 PM
  #64
oilerbear
Registered User
 
oilerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Do you think he can do it?

Should I make a poll?
A Poll?
Yes!
do you think Gagner is progressing in his play. yes no
Now tha he has completed core strength age. will he improve ove the 22- 26 player maturing period.
yes no.

I would like those two.

Gagner
37th in center points right around kesler, Hudler, Plekanec.
30th in center assists right around Couture, Peverley, Grabovsky.

Tell me how he is failing

oilerbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:59 PM
  #65
oilerbear
Registered User
 
oilerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Petry got demoted after Riberio's goal.


I dunno, I still don't like it. We need legit NHLers on the backend.
Since being put together. Smid-petry face the other teams f1st line and have the third best Dpair results since.1.95GA/60

the third best 1st pair.

Schultz is 1.77ga/60.

do you know? dmen are expected to prevent goals.

oilerbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:05 AM
  #66
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
in the last 3 seasons, the oilers have lost 159 games....uhh i think im gonna throw up. Just draft grigs and please give us a playoff race next year, ill do anything for a playoff race
The Oilers had (I'm assuming had because I think they passed the Blue Jackets last week) the worst record in the league since the lockout just a week and a half ago.

Fun thought. Especially considering our very respectable 05/06 regular season. 07/08 and 08/09's records weren't so bad either even though we missed the playoffs both times.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:06 AM
  #67
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
So he decides to demote a struggling Petry to pair with a much more inferior defenseman? Yeah, that'll show him. How does that help Petry's development?
Utterly moronic.
Obviously, he's thinking that Potter will stabilize his game.

Seriously, has Corey Potter missed a freaking game this year as a healthy scratch?

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:07 AM
  #68
Connell McWilson
Oilers & Seahawks
 
Connell McWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
The Oilers had (I'm assuming had because I think they passed the Blue Jackets last week) the worst record in the league since the lockout just a week and a half ago.

Fun thought. Especially considering our very respectable 05/06 regular season. 07/08 and 08/09's records weren't so bad either even though we missed the playoffs both times.
I missed the days of fighting for a playoff spot and going down the wire.

AT least, watching a hockey game in Feb, March, and April meant something.

Connell McWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:10 AM
  #69
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,520
vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
A Poll?
Yes!
do you think Gagner is progressing in his play. yes no
Now tha he has completed core strength age. will he improve ove the 22- 26 player maturing period.
yes no.

I would like those two.

Gagner
37th in center points right around kesler, Hudler, Plekanec.
30th in center assists right around Couture, Peverley, Grabovsky.

Tell me how he is failing
Is Gagner the new Horcoff?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:15 AM
  #70
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatestOilFan View Post
I'm willing to believe that Ryan Whitney isn't as bad as we saw this season, I know deep down he's a much better. Can't believe some posters want to run him out of town.

Next year, he's gonna bounce back, watch.
I think so too. Give him a chance to train this summer and see what he's like next season before writing him off. It often takes a player a full year to recover from such a serious injury.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:17 AM
  #71
The Bored Man
5-14-6-1
 
The Bored Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
A Poll?
Yes!
do you think Gagner is progressing in his play. yes no
Now tha he has completed core strength age. will he improve ove the 22- 26 player maturing period.
yes no.

I would like those two.

Gagner
37th in center points right around kesler, Hudler, Plekanec.
30th in center assists right around Couture, Peverley, Grabovsky.

Tell me how he is failing
Well, at least you didn't use Corsi.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:30 AM
  #72
harpoon
FOB
 
harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,024
vCash: 500
As much as I don't like Dubnyk I gotta say he's shown a lot more over the last twenty games than I thought he was capable of . The biggest thing for me is that he's staying on his feet more instead of sliding around the crease on his knees . But there's no doubt he's playing his angles better and looks stronger when he has to move side to side quickly . I still have some doubts about his ability to become an NHL starter but its possible I may have written him off too soon . Props to him for working hard to improve his style .


Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Which one is playing in the khl in three years? Ill go with Snowpants.
Wanna put some cash on that or are you just shooting your mouth off again ?

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:34 AM
  #73
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,147
vCash: 500
Sam Gagner needs to get his butt to the Biosteel camp with Eberle.

He needs to get much, much stronger. Too weak on the puck. I like the improvement in the face off dot, but I think he needs to focus on his strength this summer if he's going to be here next year.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:37 AM
  #74
dobiezeke*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Sam Gagner needs to get his butt to the Biosteel camp with Eberle.

He needs to get much, much stronger. Too weak on the puck. I like the improvement in the face off dot, but I think he needs to focus on his strength this summer if he's going to be here next year.
That line has become Hemsky/Harti digging the puck only to find that the younger version of Horcoff is the only option in front of the net.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:37 AM
  #75
McDNicks17
Moderator
McDavid Cometh
 
McDNicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,626
vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatestOilFan View Post
I'm willing to believe that Ryan Whitney isn't as bad as we saw this season, I know deep down he's a much better. Can't believe some posters want to run him out of town.

Next year, he's gonna bounce back, watch.
Hopefully this sudden drop-off in mobility can be remedied by a full offseason to train.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.