Old
04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
If you believe Peca I have some magic beans to sell you

the only reason Peca liked to play against Bouwmeester was because Peca was a ***** who was afraid to be hit.

And just like every other fan that doesn't know spit about the game you bring up goals and +/-. You should actually understand what stats mean before you use them.
It clearly means something. We were a playoff team before JBo, haven't been since we had him. If you think goals and +/- don't mean anything you know absolutely nothing about hockey. If a guy is -5 it can be an anomaly. I knew JBo would suffer without RR to cover his physical weakness and inability to cover in extended zone situations. He has, big time. The only thing JBo is good at is transition defense.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by questhockey View Post
Jay Bouwmeester
for
Dion Phaneuf/Gustovsson...plus we'll throw in Burkey
I'd move JBo for Phaneuf in a second.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
It clearly means something. We were a playoff team before JBo, haven't been since we had him. If you think goals and +/- don't mean anything you know absolutely nothing about hockey. If a guy is -5 it can be an anomaly. I knew JBo would suffer without RR to cover his physical weakness and inability to cover in extended zone situations. He has, big time. The only thing JBo is good at is transition defense.
LMFAO Regehr was one of the biggest problems with this team. Thanks for just verifying what I already knew, your opinion is about as legit as a $3 bill. I'm bored, welcome ignore where you should have been to start

Old
04-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
LMFAO Regehr was one of the biggest problems with this team. Thanks for just verifying what I already knew, your opinion is about as legit as a $3 bill. I'm bored, welcome ignore where you should have been to start
It doesn't look like Regehr was a problem as we're worse without him by 6 points than we were with him. Do you look at evidence when you post or just the players you think have nice eyes? JBo with Regehr was a -2 and advanced stats say they played tougher competition. Without him, against lesser competition he is a -22. Yep, Regehr must have been the problem. After all we're 6 points worse this year than we were last year...

Old
04-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

vCash: 50
Quote:
It doesn't look like Regehr was a problem as we're worse without him by 6 points than we were with him. Do you look at evidence when you post or just the players you think have nice eyes? JBo with Regehr was a -2 and advanced stats say they played tougher competition. Without him, against lesser competition he is a -22. Yep, Regehr must have been the problem. After all we're 6 points worse this year than we were last year...
The team scoring 50 more goals last season than this season probably has something to do with that. A lot of something... It definitely impacts the +/- stat you seem to like throwing around.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
The team scoring 50 more goals last season than this season probably has something to do with that. A lot of something... It definitely impacts the +/- stat you seem to like throwing around.
Ok then, JBo was last in +/- this year on this team. While playing with RR he was 9th from the bottom. Neither are stellar, as JBo is not stellar. But it shows a clear picture of a physical, shutdown guy helping him rather than hindering him. Bottom line, JBo is an expensive mistake. He's not the top pairing shutdown guy lots of fans make him out to be. He struggles not only offensively, but also defensively when paired with another soft defenseman. There is a reason stats like +/-, corsi and SoC are kept, much as you guys like ragging on them. NHL teams use them to evaluate players and when taken in context they help paint a picture. None of JBo's stats are pretty.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Flameshomer

Quote:
I'm gonna have to agree with Double D. Reggie was always steady for this team, and we don't have anyone seemingly as solid as him. Our entire core this year has been lacking in defensive talent. Bouwmeester just looks atrocious most of the time.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

Quote:
Ok then, JBo was last in +/- this year on this team. While playing with RR he was 9th from the bottom. Neither are stellar, as JBo is not stellar. But it shows a clear picture of a physical, shutdown guy helping him rather than hindering him. Bottom line, JBo is an expensive mistake. He's not the top pairing shutdown guy lots of fans make him out to be. He struggles not only offensively, but also defensively when paired with another soft defenseman. There is a reason stats like +/-, corsi and SoC are kept, much as you guys like ragging on them. NHL teams use them to evaluate players and when taken in context they help paint a picture. None of JBo's stats are pretty.
Actually my point was that had the Flames scored 50 more goals this season, they're most likely higher in the standings than they are now. Maybe they win half of the games that went into overtime/shootout, and boom, we have a playoff spot.

If you want to play the stats card, and call Bouwmeester the worst defenseman on the Flames then be my guest - I understand that Flames fans have this disturbing need to have someone on the team to focus their hate on, and as someone who I assume was/is a Dion Phaneuf fan, I would think you'd understand this. But I can't force you to watch games and understand the difference between good and bad plays when there's a two on one, when the number of hits by a player won't help the team's goals against, and how positioning of a defenseman and his partner is more important than the number of blocked shots he has. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Actually my point was that had the Flames scored 50 more goals this season, they're most likely higher in the standings than they are now. Maybe they win half of the games that went into overtime/shootout, and boom, we have a playoff spot.

If you want to play the stats card, and call Bouwmeester the worst defenseman on the Flames then be my guest - I understand that Flames fans have this disturbing need to have someone on the team to focus their hate on, and as someone who I assume was/is a Dion Phaneuf fan, I would think you'd understand this. But I can't force you to watch games and understand the difference between good and bad plays when there's a two on one, when the number of hits by a player won't help the team's goals against, and how positioning of a defenseman and his partner is more important than the number of blocked shots he has. So we'll have to agree to disagree.
I don't think JBo is the worst defenseman on the team. But I very much DO think he is incapable of playing a shutdown role without more of a bruiser on the ice with him. Most NHL goals are now scored right in front of the net. JBo is consistently out-muscled in those situations. It's why a guy like Regehr was a great fit with him. JBo could make up for those times where RR got caught flat-footed and RR could make up for JBo's physical weakness. I was/am a fan of Dion, but it doesn't mean I didn't see the 20 time a year he was walked around because of his atrocious gap control. Players like Dion/JBo need the right partner to be effective and both are undeniably overpaid. Dion at least was exciting to watch, which was why I was/am a fan.

Old
04-10-2012, 03:51 PM
TheHudlinator

Does anyone know how serious Huselius's injure is? If it isn't that serious I could see him coming back to calgary assuming we don't rebuild a top 6 of

Tangs-Cammy-Iggy
GlenX-Stajan/Jokinen-Huselius

Isn't that bad.

Old
04-10-2012, 03:57 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Does anyone know how serious Huselius's injure is? If it isn't that serious I could see him coming back to calgary assuming we don't rebuild a top 6 of

Tangs-Cammy-Iggy
GlenX-Stajan/Jokinen-Huselius

Isn't that bad.
Pretty serious as he was out for 55 games and still hasn't been cleared. Its a recurring groin injury.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Perro

If Chicago get eliminated first round I think Kipper to hawks makes sense. Maybe Baklund and kipper for Saad, Morin and 1st.

I think Nino shoudl be targeted. Jabo for Nino and right to Parenteau.

As far as Iggy I would test the market. Ireally do not know what his return value would be. Only one year on his contract and he isn't getting any younger, but I feel he is still an elite level player. I feel like the Rangers could work for one of their young dman.

Old
04-13-2012, 08:46 PM
scoringmachine

I know by the time the season starts their will be hundreds of trade thread with no realistic ideas for how this team should improve.

As of today this how our team is going this offseason

1. Need New Head Coach
2. Need New Assistant Coach
3. Many UFA and RFA

UFA
Olli Jokinen (Center)
Lee Stempniak(Right winger)
David Moss (Left Winger)
Tom Kostopolous (Right Winger)
Corey Sarich (Defense)
Scott Hannan (Defense)
Ratis Ivanans (Left Winger)

RFA
Blake Comeau (Right Winger)
Mikael Backlund (Center)
Blair Jones (Center)
Leland Irving (Goalie)
Paul Byron (Center)
Stefan Meyer (Left Winger)

It is tough to say what the flames will do but here are some ideas from some people on the forum on who should be our coach.

Quote:
I would like to see Jon Cooper as the coach he coaches Norfolk Admirals in the ahl.
Quote:
Yes we need a new coach. My choices in no particular order are:
  • Bob Boughner
  • Joe Mullen
  • Peter Horachek
For me it is tough to know what direction this team should go but one thing I would do is keep Iginla and Kipper. Why you may ask? too trade them now only hurts the team as I know we will not receive good compensation if traded now. My thought is if we look like by trade deadline we realistically cannot make the playoffs trade both Iginla and Kipper to playoff contenders and make stipulations to those team. If Iginla wins the cup or resigns with your team we get your first round pick since Iginla contracts is up at seasons end. If Kipper makes the finals we get your first round pick. Which would give us 3 first round picks.

We need to work on our defense Jbow and Giordano look like the the top d-man on the team so build a defense core around them. Do not resign Sarich or Hannan use some of our young guns and maybe go after a good UFA dman if possible.

We have seen Sven Baertschi play this season and he looks very good but I would keep in the minors for one more year before bringing him full-time no need to rush him. By the end of next season will probably be the end of Iginla or Kipper or both. Then we can add Sven Baertschi to help with offense. Leland Irving has outplayed Henrik Karlsson and should be our backup goalie so we can trade Karlsson. Lance Bouma, Akim Aliu, have played well and deserve to be on the team full-time. I would keep Blake Comeau I like his style of play. I would trade Stajan as he needs the right type of players to play with to be a good hockey player and right now he works well with Iginla and Tanguay but he is seen as a third liner and as a third liner his skill does not shine as the Flames do not have the right third liners for Stajan to play his best and maybe a change will help him and Calgary can use someone else on the third line who fit the role better. When we traded to get Cammie I was upset that Bourque was traded and now my mind keeps saying I want him back. Do not know why but I feel he can help the team.

Basically I want to stay on the team

1. Olli Jokinen (good for the second line and first line if injury happens)
2. Blake Comeau (Like his style of play)
3. Lance Bouma and Akim Aliu (Played with lots of energy will be the type of players we need)
4. Leland Irving (outplayed Karlsson)
5.Iginla (Trade him at deadline if the team realistically will miss playoffs will get better compensation)
6. Kipper (same as what I said for Iginla)

My thoughts on the other UFA and RFA will come once Feaster Hires a coach for the team. This will give me an ideas of the type of directions the team maybe headed and then I can see who will fit well in the coaches system.

Last edited by scoringmachine: 04-13-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoringmachine View Post
We need to work on our defense Jbow and Giordano look like the the top d-man on the team so build a defense core around them. Do not resign Sarich or Hannan use some of our young guns and maybe go after a good UFA dman if possible.
Agree here.

Quote:
We have seen Sven Baertschi play this season and he looks very good but I would keep in the minors for one more year before bringing him full-time no need to rush him.
I think that if he's able to keep it up during the season, then there's no point in keeping him down. He's got the offensive awareness, the speed of the game isn't overwhelming him. By all means, let the guy play but only if he proves that he deserves there. (Looks like he's got a pretty reason to stay so far.)

Quote:
I would trade Stajan as he needs the right type of players to play with to be a good hockey player and right now he works well with Iginla and Tanguay but he is seen as a third liner and as a third liner his skill does not shine as the Flames do not have the right third liners for Stajan to play his best and maybe a change will help him and Calgary can use someone else on the third line who fit the role better.
I really don't see us getting sort of value back for Stajan. It would be great to get a forward prospect but he's shown this year that he will do anything that's asked of him. I've got no problem with having Backlund/Stajan as the top 6, swapping them around depending on who is producing. If we could get a true #3 shutdown, great. If not, Stajan can still win faceoffs for us if Cammy on the 1st line turns out to be a long term solution and Backlund has not been a defensive liability.

There's some depth we have on the wings that guys like Backlund and Stajan can work with despite not playing with Tanguay/Iggy. It's only a matter of having Baertschi and Backlund step up along with a mysterious RW chipping in with additional secondary scoring.

Quote:
When we traded to get Cammie I was upset that Bourque was traded and now my mind keeps saying I want him back. Do not know why but I feel he can help the team.

I'm interested in hearing how he can help this team exactly? Having brought Bourque and letting him basically grow as a player, the Flames have a pretty good idea of what he can bring, as well as infuriate...
Maybe if we brought him back as a UFA somehow, he'd have a fire lit under his ass but he's not only floating in Montreal...he's basically a fluffy cloud on skates.

Old
04-14-2012, 07:15 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post

I've got no problem with having Backlund/Stajan as the top 6, swapping them around depending on who is producing.

That would be the problem, having two bottom 6 guys getting top 6 minutes.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:42 AM
scoringmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
Agree here.

I think that if he's able to keep it up during the season, then there's no point in keeping him down. He's got the offensive awareness, the speed of the game isn't overwhelming him. By all means, let the guy play but only if he proves that he deserves there. (Looks like he's got a pretty reason to stay so far.)
Sven Baertschi deserves to be in the NHL now and has shown he can handle the NHL style of hockey. I just feel right now we have too many question marks on the team. With the way the management is dealing with the team I feel Baertschi, will not be utilized properly. He is a player I feel deserves top 6 mins and will only get bottom 6mins as management will probably make Feaster to keep a more veteran top 6 and the only way Baertschi cracks the top 6 is if Iginla or Cammie is gone.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:41 AM
TheGaudfather
#Unsustainable

Missing playoffs 3 seasons in a row is not because of the coach. Yes he may have played a role but it is mainly the players. The core is not good enough. Some may argue that the supporting players around the core are not good enough. This season the supporting players including the youngsters and guys like Stajan played fairly well.

Personally I think the core players show up to half the games. I dont mind having a very young lineup next year. At least they show up every game and play like it was their last one.

Trade Iggy, Kipper, Jokinen, Jbouw, Sarich. Feaster should listen to offers and pull the trigger if the right scenario comes up.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Medium Rare*

I'm torn on what to do this summer, if we are going to try and remain competitive we need to address some needs, but the problem is doing it without creating a another hole.

As it stands I think center ice is our #1 need. Our top center is about to become an unrestricted free agent and we have no centermen in the system to replace him, to compound that problem we also desperately need to improve our faceoffs. If Jokinen walks we need to find another center to play top minutes, but there is no centermen available on the UFA market. So when it comes to our "#1" center spot we have 4 options.
  1. Re-sign Jokinen
  2. Move Cammalleri to center
  3. Use free agency to get another #2/#3 center
  4. Overpay for a #1 center via trade

The problems with option #1 are the fact we are trying to change the team to move forward and with Stajan and Backlund as our probable #2 & #3 centermen the faceoff situation remains the same.

The benefits to option #1 are that we have a 50 point center that is also reliable defensively

The problems with option #2 are the fact Cammalleri has never been a centerman on a regular basis at the NHL level, he is unreliable defensively and at best our faceoff problems will remain the same.

The benefits to option #2 are that we still have a centerman that should be capable of 50+ points and it leaves a roster spot open for a new player (whether it be a prospect or free agent).

The problems with option #3 are obvious, even if we landed one of the top centermen on the market they are #2/#3 centermen that will be overpaid and it eliminates any of our centermen from being a regular offensive threat.

The benefits with option #3 are that we can address our faceoff problem and we get some of the change we need to move forward.

The problems with option 4 are that we have to overpay without knowing if the player will fit in and we could create an even bigger hole elsewhere, whether is be in the lineup, prospect pool or with a lack of draft picks.

The benefits are that we could finally get that #1 centerman and that we could address our faceoff issue as well.

I think the best option is #4 but we have to find a team with depth in centermen and have a desperate need for a hole we could fill. So what teams have a centerman they could trade?
  • Bruin? Sure, but they don't really have any huge needs.
  • Hurricanes? The could move one of their center prospects in Dalpe or Boychuk, neither addresses our need currently though.
  • Avalanche? One of Stastny or Duchene could maybe be available, they need a solid defenseman to play with Erik Johnson.
  • Kings? Unlikely but if they falter in the post season anything is possible.
  • Montreal? If they are committing to a full rebuild perhaps Plekanec is available, but I doubt it.
  • Pittsburgh? Staal might be available for the right price, but I think our only chance is part of an Iginla trade.
  • San Jose? If they don't go on a playoff run there could be a shake-up after a very disappointing season. Could Marleau or Thornton be available? probably not but its an interesting thought.
  • Tampa Bay? Unlikely he is ever dealt, but Lecavalier for the right package is always a thought,
  • Toronto? They have centermen, none are particularly great though. But I think any of Connolly (2nd line), Lombardi (3rd line) or Bozak (3rd line) could be available for the right price.

The best option is likely Stastny, I think he could be gotten in a package for Giordano and Backlund, but it is a steep price and opens up a hole on our blueline and IMO essentially ensure we have to re-sign one (or both) of Sarich and Hannan. But our forward group could look very nice and it addresses our faceoff issues. We would also have a whole in the #2/#3 center spot unless we still moved Cammallari to center. The top 9 could have this look.

I would also definitely speak to every team just in case, who knows who might want out.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:34 PM
scoringmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
Missing playoffs 3 seasons in a row is not because of the coach. Yes he may have played a role but it is mainly the players. The core is not good enough. Some may argue that the supporting players around the core are not good enough. This season the supporting players including the youngsters and guys like Stajan played fairly well.

Personally I think the core players show up to half the games. I dont mind having a very young lineup next year. At least they show up every game and play like it was their last one.

Trade Iggy, Kipper, Jokinen, Jbouw, Sarich. Feaster should listen to offers and pull the trigger if the right scenario comes up.
I think you are believing if we trade all our top guys like St Louis did we can turn the team around like they did. In a perfect world I would agree with you, but you do not trade Iggy and Kipper until you know you can replace them now not 5 years from now.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:46 PM
StanDarsh

Trade our 1st round pick + bouwmeester for Columbus' first round pick.

Trade iginla to Toronto for their 1st round pick this year and next year

Im joking I don't think that would happen. I used to want us to blow it up but now I am not sure what to do

Hopefully we can get some picks and draft well.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Body Checker

My turn:

Hire Kurt Kleinendorst as coach. Was runner up to Paul Maclean.

DRAFT:

Iginla, Jackman, Stempniak's UFA rights (to Pitts for) Staal, Michalek, Bennett, 2012 2nd, 2013 1st

Kiprusoff, Jokinen/Sarich UFA rights (to Chi for) Frolik, Morin, Pirri, 2012 1st

Butler (to NYR for) Dubinsky

Stajan (to Car for) 2012 2nd

Backlund, Smith (to STL) for Stewart

Draft Sebastian Collberg and Tomas Hertl in 1st round.

JULY 1ST:

G Harding (4 years, 16mil)
D Jackman (4 years, 14mil)
D Allen (3 years, 10.5mil)
Trade Karlsson to NJD for 2013 4th rnd pick

ROSTER FOR 2012-2013 SEASON:

Harding, Irving

Bouwmeester/Jackman
Michalek/Giordano (C)
Brodie/Allen
Babchuk

Camallerri (A)/Staal/Tanguay (A)
Baertschi/Dubinsky/Stewart
Glencross/Pirri/Comeau
Byron/Jones/Morin
Frolik/Aliu

Salary cap - should come in between 62-63 million once RFAs are re-signed.

Call ups - Wilson, Piskula, Breen, Bouma, Nemisz, Horak, Bennett, Reinhart, Ferland

Prospect pool - Added 1st rounder, two 2nd rounders in 2012 draft. Added 1st round, 4th round picks in 2013 draft. Added Bennett/Pirri/Morin

Overall - rebuilt prospect depth while still competing for the playoffs

Old
04-15-2012, 01:40 PM
canadajazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
My turn:

Hire Kurt Kleinendorst as coach. Was runner up to Paul Maclean.

DRAFT:

Iginla, Jackman, Stempniak's UFA rights (to Pitts for) Staal, Michalek, Bennett, 2012 2nd, 2013 1st

Kiprusoff, Jokinen/Sarich UFA rights (to Chi for) Frolik, Morin, Pirri, 2012 1st

Butler (to NYR for) Dubinsky

Stajan (to Car for) 2012 2nd

Backlund, Smith (to STL) for Stewart

Draft Sebastian Collberg and Tomas Hertl in 1st round.

JULY 1ST:

G Harding (4 years, 16mil)
D Jackman (4 years, 14mil)
D Allen (3 years, 10.5mil)
Trade Karlsson to NJD for 2013 4th rnd pick

ROSTER FOR 2012-2013 SEASON:

Harding, Irving

Bouwmeester/Jackman
Michalek/Giordano (C)
Brodie/Allen
Babchuk

Camallerri (A)/Staal/Tanguay (A)
Baertschi/Dubinsky/Stewart
Glencross/Pirri/Comeau
Byron/Jones/Morin
Frolik/Aliu

Salary cap - should come in between 62-63 million once RFAs are re-signed.

Call ups - Wilson, Piskula, Breen, Bouma, Nemisz, Horak, Bennett, Reinhart, Ferland

Prospect pool - Added 1st rounder, two 2nd rounders in 2012 draft. Added 1st round, 4th round picks in 2013 draft. Added Bennett/Pirri/Morin

Overall - rebuilt prospect depth while still competing for the playoffs
I'm sorry but that's just so off it's not even close.

1. Why the HELL would a team as good and competitive as Pittsburgh give a damn about Stempniak or Jackman's UFA rights... that's not even valuable consideration from their perspective. Now there is something to be said for the idea of Iginla for Staal, but you're not also going to get a high-end shut down D like Michalek AND a 2nd rounder AND a first rounder. It's just not going to happen; Pittsburgh's bargaining position is too high. And they'd only look at this if they lose to Philly... They're one of the best teams in the league bar none, they don't need to make sweeping changes.

2. Chicago deal has something to it, again you might be overvaluing Kipper, he also comes with a high cap hit, and again, why the hell would the 2nd deepest top 9 in the league care about Jokinen's UFA rights?

Butler for Dubinsky... yeah, good one.

Stajan for a 2nd? Seriously? Stajan is the last thing Carolina would want, he's likely not a moveable asset. He contributes virtually nothing. He was given several looks on this team and could not produce, he's not great defensively, he's just a lackluster hockey player.

The Backlund for Stewart deal- once again, a team like STL doesn't need to shake things up, they're not going to bite on deals unless they are remarkably enticing. That trade does nothing for STL, it doesn't meet any need of theirs. Stewart has way more upside than Baklund- the team that gets the better player wins the trade most of the time.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:44 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadajazz View Post
I'm sorry but that's just so off it's not even close.

1. Why the HELL would a team as good and competitive as Pittsburgh give a damn about Stempniak or Jackman's UFA rights... that's not even valuable consideration from their perspective. Now there is something to be said for the idea of Iginla for Staal, but you're not also going to get a high-end shut down D like Michalek AND a 2nd rounder AND a first rounder. It's just not going to happen; Pittsburgh's bargaining position is too high. And they'd only look at this if they lose to Philly... They're one of the best teams in the league bar none, they don't need to make sweeping changes.

2. Chicago deal has something to it, again you might be overvaluing Kipper, he also comes with a high cap hit, and again, why the hell would the 2nd deepest top 9 in the league care about Jokinen's UFA rights?

Butler for Dubinsky... yeah, good one.

Stajan for a 2nd? Seriously? Stajan is the last thing Carolina would want, he's likely not a moveable asset. He contributes virtually nothing. He was given several looks on this team and could not produce, he's not great defensively, he's just a lackluster hockey player.

The Backlund for Stewart deal- once again, a team like STL doesn't need to shake things up, they're not going to bite on deals unless they are remarkably enticing. That trade does nothing for STL, it doesn't meet any need of theirs. Stewart has way more upside than Baklund- the team that gets the better player wins the trade most of the time.
I agree with most of what you are saying but Stajan has been great every time he was tried on the first line it was a slow Iggy start that was blamed on him. He is one of our better defensive forwards and is a great complementary player.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
I agree with most of what you are saying but Stajan has been great every time he was tried on the first line it was a slow Iggy start that was blamed on him. He is one of our better defensive forwards and is a great complementary player.
exactly, I posted the numbers in one of the thread on here and in his 3 years here during his stints on the top line he has produced at about a 57-58 point level. I never totalled up his faceoff numbers but by glancing it appears his FO% also increases when used on the top line.

Closed Thread