HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus wants Gardiner, Kadri, and 2012 1st round pick in exchange for Rick Nash

Old
03-29-2012, 04:42 PM
IBLeaf1988

vCash: 500
Why don't we trade 2 1st and a 2nd?

Last edited by IBLeaf1988: 03-29-2012 at 04:47 PM.
IBLeaf1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:44 PM
samwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
He has scored 40 twice (41 and 40) in 9 years. I just don't think Nash is the right guy for our team with what we would have to give up for him.
Yep, and he's never had a good centre to play with, similar to Kessel on the Leafs. Nash would be a massive addition to this organization and he's one of my favourtite players (wearing a Nash jersey shirt as i type this.. weird lol), but that package is too much. If our pick is top 5, theres no way that Columbus could be serious about this.

samwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:46 PM
JBSpeed

Howson had his chance. They nailed it on the Hotstove when they said he isn't going to get the return on Nash he wants because he is trying to fix a decades worth of bad drafting in one trade.

We don't bite.

Let someone else bet the farm on Nash.

JBSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Yep, and he's never had a good centre to play with, similar to Kessel on the Leafs. Nash would be a massive addition to this organization and he's one of my favourtite players (wearing a Nash jersey shirt as i type this.. weird lol), but that package is too much. If our pick is top 5, theres no way that Columbus could be serious about this.
This trade would be a hindrance to this franchise. Kadri+Gardiner+ a potential top 5 pick isn't doing this team any favours I agree. Not to mention Nash and his 8M cap hit.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:48 PM
TheDominator

lol.. pass

TheDominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:49 PM
samwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
This trade would be a hindrance to this franchise. Kadri+Gardiner+ a potential top 5 pick isn't doing this team any favours I agree. Not to mention Nash and his 8M cap hit.
I don't think Columbus realizes that other teams may not like his cap hit based on his production.. These alleged trade proposals from Columbus all seem pretty ridiculous.

samwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Guy Boucher

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
Guys like McDonough, Delzotto count as potential #2-3 defencemen, would you stomach trading those kind of players along with other additional assets for Nash?
I think if it was Del Zotto, 1st rounder and a mid-tier prospect that the Rangers would ultimately bite.

Howson seemed unwilling to negotiate though and was demanding Del Zotto or McDonagh plus Dubinsky, plus Erixon, etc.

Guy Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:53 PM
LC

vCash: 50
Nash is like the forward version of Phaneuf, NO ****IN THANKS!

Gardiner and the 1st should be off limits to anything but massive overpayment, and Nash isn't it.

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:54 PM
MrLegend28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
our 1st wasn't a lottery pick at the deadline.
it woulda been if Nash came. I dont see Nash helping our defensive and goaltending problems..

MrLegend28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:56 PM
calcal798

Quote:
He has scored 40 twice (41 and 40) in 9 years. I just don't think Nash is the right guy for our team with what we would have to give up for him.
Not to mention he's at 7.8 mil. If he was at 6 mil I'd be more then happy with it.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
it woulda been if Nash came. I dont see Nash helping our defensive and goaltending problems..
I don't think we will be making a trade for Rick Nash's services this summer. The cost in prospects + youth and cap hit is just too pricey for a team that is/should be rebuilding with those assets. I don't think Burke will be dumping young assets like Gardiner or Kadri unless he gets another young impact player in return aswell.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:59 PM
eyeball11

I want Kate Upton. Quick, someone alert the media!

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
Nash is like the forward version of Phaneuf, NO ****IN THANKS!

Gardiner and the 1st should be off limits to anything but massive overpayment, and Nash isn't it.
lol what? in what way?

only thing they really have in common is their both overpaid by about 2 million dollars a year.

Nash is one of my fav players - but this deal is an easy no

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 05:15 PM
TMLOBI

F THAT ****

I'd love to have Nash but jesus that is an overpayment. Nash is good but that is potentially three YOUNG POTENTIAL FILLED ROSTER players for one Nash. Sure with a full season of Nash, Kessel and Lupul the Leafs most likely would have 3(maybe 4 with Grabo) 30+ goal scorers but damn that is way too much.

I think in a trade for Nash our first and Gardiner have to be off the table.. and that means the jackets will not or should not trade him to the Leafs.. Nash had his chance to go to UFA but decided to stay with a club he seems to want nothing to do with. Oh well that shouldn't be the Leafs concern.

I'd offer:

Macarthur or Kulemin
Franson
A prospect not named Kadri
2nd rounder 2012
Lottery protected 1st in 2013

You get some of the production back from mac or Kulemin(assuming he comes back to form), a young big blue liner to build around a prospect like Blacker, Holzer, Colborne or whoever you want unless they are of Lebonese decent and born in London and a couple draft picks to maybe get a player in the future.

My value is on the low end and the jackets value is on the ape **** crazy end.

TMLOBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 05:20 PM
LC

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
lol what? in what way?

only thing they really have in common is their both overpaid by about 2 million dollars a year.

Nash is one of my fav players - but this deal is an easy no
That's everything. They're average players earning huge paychecks that get over hyped because they are big.

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 05:21 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLOBI View Post
F THAT ****

I'd love to have Nash but jesus that is an overpayment. Nash is good but that is potentially three YOUNG POTENTIAL FILLED ROSTER players for one Nash. Sure with a full season of Nash, Kessel and Lupul the Leafs most likely would have 3(maybe 4 with Grabo) 30+ goal scorers but damn that is way too much.

I think in a trade for Nash our first and Gardiner have to be off the table.. and that means the jackets will not or should not trade him to the Leafs.. Nash had his chance to go to UFA but decided to stay with a club he seems to want nothing to do with. Oh well that shouldn't be the Leafs concern.

I'd offer:

Macarthur or Kulemin
Franson
A prospect not named Kadri
2nd rounder 2012
Lottery protected 1st in 2013

You get some of the production back from mac or Kulemin(assuming he comes back to form), a young big blue liner to build around a prospect like Blacker, Holzer, Colborne or whoever you want unless they are of Lebonese decent and born in London and a couple draft picks to maybe get a player in the future.

My value is on the low end and the jackets value is on the ape **** crazy end.
We can't give up nothing and expect a large return. Deals like the Phaneuf trade don't happen everyday.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 05:46 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
We're just not in a place that we can afford to deal away blue chippers like that. Schultz is unproven. Gardiner is good now and we know how he plays.
Burke is going to be patient like all the fans.

No one in this thread is saying they'd make that trade right? They are being patient and allowing Burke the proper amount of time to rebuild the team.

We are staying the course.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Babs - short for Barbara
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
Makes you wonder what they are asking for the first over all if they get it.
Probably an Eric Lindros (like) haul. Howson is looking to save his job and a deal like that would certainly fit the bill.

Eyedea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:34 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Not a chance. Nash is an amazing player and I'd love to have him on the Leafs, but he's not worth what would probably equal 2 picks in the top 7 and a rapidly developing former 17th pick. He's cracked 70 points once in his 9 year career. The guy will be 28 come next fall and he came into the league as an 18 year old, so odds are what we've seen so far is his prime. Maybe on a better team he can crack 70 a few more times (maybe even 80), but without our savior 1st line center, even that seems pretty hopeful.

With the way we've been playing and the injuries to Gus, Reimer, Lupul, and Kulemin, I'd rather go for Grigorenko and develop him alongside Kadri, Gardiner, a high 2nd rounder this year, Colborne, Percy, Biggs, Ashton, Frattin, Blacker, McKegg, Ross, etc. that we've worked so hard over that last several years to finally accumulate.

Did we learn nothing from the '90s and early '00s? Or even from the Kessel trade?

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:57 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Meh.. forget about Nash, unless Phaneuf and another ugly contract are to go the other way. The Leafs wouldn't be able to handle Nash's ugly contract without some serious contracts going the other way.

Personally, I'd much rather acquire Columbus' 2012 first rounder WITHOUT having to give up the Leafs' 2012 first rounder. If Howson is really desperate for multiple former first-round prospects, then I'd much rather trade Biggs, Percy, and Ashton for Columbus' 2012 first rounder.

Drafting Yakupov and Galchenyuk is far more appealing to me than blowing several young assets to get Nash.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:59 PM
threeGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Meh.. forget about Nash, unless Phaneuf and another ugly contract are to go the other way. The Leafs wouldn't be able to handle Nash's ugly contract without some serious contracts going the other way.

Personally, I'd much rather acquire Columbus' 2012 first rounder WITHOUT having to give up the Leafs' 2012 first rounder. If Howson is really desperate for multiple former first-round prospects, then I'd much rather trade Biggs, Percy, and Ashton for Columbus' 2012 first rounder.

Drafting Yakupov and Galchenyuk is far more appealing to me than blowing several young assets to get Nash.
Lol that'd never happen. No team with the first overall pick would take 3 former late first rounders for the 1st overall. Maybe if you add schenn they wouldn't hang up on you.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Razorwing

I find his stupidity disturbing.

Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:16 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
Lol that'd never happen. No team with the first overall pick would take 3 former late first rounders for the 1st overall. Maybe if you add schenn they wouldn't hang up on you.
Yes, well.. I was just spit-balling like many other posters in this thread. lol

If I had to add someone else to the deal, I'd be adding Kadri, not Schenn. If I have to add even more, then I'd add Frattin to the deal.

If dealing Biggs, Percy, Ashton, Kadri, and Frattin isn't enough to help jump-start Columbus' re-build, then it's not worth the effort.

It's just my personal little pipe-dream to get both Yakupov and Galchenyuk. If it happens.. great! If not (most likely).. then, oh well....

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Al14

Nash's salary is too high for what he delivers!

Al14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:53 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

This would be the dumbest deal in history. Our 1st pick alone could be as good as Nash depending on how low we go.