HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus at Colorado | 4/5 9PM | Stopper Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
  #1
36kap36
Registered User
 
36kap36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Columbus at Colorado | 4/5 9PM | Stopper Edition

If we beat Colorado in regulation tonight, they are eliminated from the Playoffs. Now, do I have hopes of winning in Colorado? Of course not, but I'd love to see them miss out this year.

Go Jackets! Beat the Avs!

Projected CBJ lines:

18-16-13
22-17-61
25-19-15
9-43-40

7-21
6-5
23-47

Projected starter: Mason (Hunwick back-up)----confirmed

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...s-blue-jackets

Projected COL lines:

27-26-54
40-37-92
17-9-23
55-16-88

8-3
22-6
5-41

Projected starter: Varlamov (Giguere back-up)----confirmed

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...rado-avalanche

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/


Last edited by 36kap36: 04-05-2012 at 03:02 PM.
36kap36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
  #2
CBJMark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36kap36 View Post
If we beat Colorado in regulation tonight, they are eliminated from the Playoffs. Now, do I have hopes of winning in Colorado? Of course not, but I'd love to see them miss out this year.

Go Jackets! Beat the Avs!

Projected CBJ lines:

18-16-13
22-17-61
25-19-15
9-43-40

7-21
6-5
23-47

Projected starter: York (Mason back-up)----unconfirmed

Projected COL lines:

27-26-54
40-37-92
17-9-23
55-16-88

8-3
22-6
5-41

Projected starter: Varlamov (Giguere back-up)----confirmed
My wife and I renewed our seats for next season yesterday
I'm not sure how bumpy this 12 year STH ride is gonna get. All we can say is Let's Go Jackets!

CBJMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
  #3
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,059
vCash: 500
FWIW, I hate listing players solely by their numbers. Too much damn work for me.

Of course, other people hate acronym-abbreviations like FWIW.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:55 PM
  #4
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,641
vCash: 500
Wait? We can root for the Jackets to win a game? Whew, I was overwhelmed with all the scenarios.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
  #5
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
FWIW, I hate listing players solely by their numbers. Too much damn work for me.
Especially with the roster turnover we've had this year. I actually have to try and remember a couple of these numbers.

Having said that, listing the opposing team by numbers? That's just wrong.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:29 PM
  #6
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!
 
Zoo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
According to Mayor Bee's "Magic Number" thread, Colorado can be eliminated if we merely take them to overtime. But I'm hoping for a regulation butt-whooping by the Jackets.

Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:59 PM
  #7
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
According to Mayor Bee's "Magic Number" thread, Colorado can be eliminated if we merely take them to overtime. But I'm hoping for a regulation butt-whooping by the Jackets.
Shootout, not overtime. Colorado needs to win their last two games either in regulation or in overtime, while also hoping that San Jose loses both of their games in regulation. If San Jose gains a single point (by going to overtime) or if Colorado either loses a point or goes to a shootout in either of their last two games (even if they win), then the Avs are out.

My wife said last night that she was hoping for a pounding so hard that Adam Foote could feel it 1,200 miles away. I volunteered to take care of that for her, but she said she was actually referring to the game tonight....and that is why I slept on the couch last night.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:09 PM
  #8
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!
 
Zoo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
Ahh, thanks for the clarification!

Also, sounds like York went down in am practice and had to be helped off the ice. Will we see Hunwick start?

Shawn Mitchell via Twitter:
Quote:
G Allen York shaken up during a.m. skate. Left ice wirh assistance."
Edit: I'm just going to stop posting; completely forgot that Mason is back and he was backing up York. So Mason gets the start tonight. But if York doesn't dress, there's still a chance we could see Hunwick play, but I imagine Mase would have to get injured. Even if he were lit up, I don't see Richards pulling him for Hunwick.


Last edited by Zoo16: 04-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:49 PM
  #9
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
My wife said last night that she was hoping for a pounding so hard that Adam Foote could feel it 1,200 miles away. I volunteered to take care of that for her, but she said she was actually referring to the game tonight....and that is why I slept on the couch last night.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:08 PM
  #10
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM
 
Columbus Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 715
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Shootout, not overtime. Colorado needs to win their last two games either in regulation or in overtime, while also hoping that San Jose loses both of their games in regulation. If San Jose gains a single point (by going to overtime) or if Colorado either loses a point or goes to a shootout in either of their last two games (even if they win), then the Avs are out.

My wife said last night that she was hoping for a pounding so hard that Adam Foote could feel it 1,200 miles away. I volunteered to take care of that for her, but she said she was actually referring to the game tonight....and that is why I slept on the couch last night.
So if this game goes to overtime, look for Colorado to pull their goalie. I remember the CBJ won a game like that many years ago, I think at LA?

I'm glad someone mentioned Foote. I dislike Colorado just because of that D-bag.

Columbus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
  #11
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
So if this game goes to overtime, look for Colorado to pull their goalie. I remember the CBJ won a game like that many years ago, I think at LA?

I'm glad someone mentioned Foote. I dislike Colorado just because of that D-bag.
Welllllll, I suppose by now y'all know I'm a Foote fan and think he was given the bum's rush by Howson. But of course, everything that happened after Foote left (including pissing off Nash and Carter, the bums) confirms Howson was actually a genius, so....

His kids' Zamboni Bunkbed just went on sale:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...ado_avalanche/


Still looks like CBJ blue there and not AV blue.


Last edited by JACKETfan: 04-05-2012 at 03:33 PM.
JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:01 PM
  #12
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 15,232
vCash: 500
just got to my hotel room in Denver...i can see the Pepsi Center from my room...i hope i didn't fly 3 hrs for us to **** the bed

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:17 PM
  #13
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
just got to my hotel room in Denver...i can see the Pepsi Center from my room...i hope i didn't fly 3 hrs for us to **** the bed
Oh wow... Umm, have fun?

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:18 PM
  #14
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 15,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Oh wow... Umm, have fun?
never been to denver before so more of a WTH...i got club tix on stubhub for $20 each...so i feel like I win even if we lose

#IWantToSeeHunwickPlay (our hunwick)

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:37 PM
  #15
Speedy Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
never been to denver before so more of a WTH...i got club tix on stubhub for $20 each...so i feel like I win even if we lose

#IWantToSeeHunwickPlay (our hunwick)
That's cool. I thought about hitting a game in Denver a few years ago, but opted to go to St. Louis instead (Jackets got pounded). Hopefully the Jackets play as well tonight as they did a few weeks ago against the Avs.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:54 PM
  #16
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!
 
Zoo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
I'm the same way: every time I make a road trip, the Jackets get trounced.

Have a great time, Fro!

Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
  #17
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IR with CBJ
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,829
vCash: 500
Nice avatar, Jacketfan, hopefully Fox brings Alcatraz back, thought it was alright.

As for this game, win...why not? When I watch Varlamov play well, he makes me think of what Leclaire could have been if he didn't get injured all the time. Semyon is a fun goalie to watch

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:30 PM
  #18
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
never been to denver before so more of a WTH...i got club tix on stubhub for $20 each...so i feel like I win even if we lose

#IWantToSeeHunwickPlay (our hunwick)
The Pepsi Center is great. We went there earlier this year. Lots of good things to eat, drink. Colorado is sort of a mess of a team. How they have as many points as they do is a mystery to me. The coach sucks and they have no system to speak of, yet they win enough to still have a chance.

I wholeheartedly recommend the cinnamon pecans from that nut place on the first level, btw....

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:49 PM
  #19
Bobcat110
Registered User
 
Bobcat110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
any online video feeds?

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:52 PM
  #20
plong123
Litebrite Stinger
 
plong123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Stretchrunston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor bee View Post
my wife said last night that she was hoping for a pounding so hard that adam foote could feel it 1,200 miles away. I volunteered to take care of that for her, but she said she was actually referring to the game tonight....and that is why i slept on the couch last night.
Post of the Year 2012 Nominee

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Bobcat, I've been cable-less for 3 years, and this is my current setup.

I usually try here first:

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/29-NHL-Icehockey
click on the thread marked with today's date, and hope somebody posts a link.

If that fails, I try here second:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/

That usually has me covered.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:00 PM
  #21
Bobcat110
Registered User
 
Bobcat110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Post of the Year 2012 Nominee

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Bobcat, I've been cable-less for 3 years, and this is my current setup.

I usually try here first:

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/29-NHL-Icehockey
click on the thread marked with today's date, and hope somebody posts a link.

If that fails, I try here second:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/

That usually has me covered.
Thanks. Will try.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:01 PM
  #22
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 6,900
vCash: 500
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/1...e-jackets.html

Go save the link, http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/ice-hockey.html

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:03 PM
  #23
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Shootout, not overtime. Colorado needs to win their last two games either in regulation or in overtime, while also hoping that San Jose loses both of their games in regulation. If San Jose gains a single point (by going to overtime) or if Colorado either loses a point or goes to a shootout in either of their last two games (even if they win), then the Avs are out.

My wife said last night that she was hoping for a pounding so hard that Adam Foote could feel it 1,200 miles away. I volunteered to take care of that for her, but she said she was actually referring to the game tonight....and that is why I slept on the couch last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Post of the Year 2012 Nominee
Agree
-------------------------------------------------------------

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:11 PM
  #24
Halfboard
mmmm, beer
 
Halfboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springtucky
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Oh boy, this will be fun tonight....listening to Rimer try to pronounce the Av goalie's name........................

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:11 PM
  #25
Bobcat110
Registered User
 
Bobcat110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
thanks

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.