HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pierre Gauthier & Bob Gainey let go - Savard brought back in advisory role - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2012, 06:49 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
No doubt. He used to make a million a year working for TSN. Who knows how much NBC pays him.
Really, that much at TSN. I thought they'd maybe make a 100k or 2. I mean, this is Canadian television after all. I guess its hockey so I understand.

Old
03-31-2012, 06:51 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I was going to ask whether he's even allowed to consult another team considering he's an advisor for the Chicago Blackhawks organization, but then again you don't question Scotty Bowman. You simply smile and say "yes sir."
lol What's his son gonna say, no dad you can't talk to them lol

Old
03-31-2012, 06:52 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Really, that much at TSN. I thought they'd maybe make a 100k or 2. I mean, this is Canadian television after all. I guess its hockey so I understand.
This is an article from last year:

The specialty station with the largest profits was Bell Media’s TSN which earned profits of $53 million on revenues of $267.6 million.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2011/06/ts...ialty-station/

Cue "Gangsta Pleks waving money" gif

Old
03-31-2012, 06:54 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
This is an article from last year:

The specialty station with the largest profits was Bell Media’s TSN which earned profits of $53 million on revenues of $267.6 million.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2011/06/ts...ialty-station/
Thanks for the link, really informative.

I live in the states now and I just got back from a trip back home and the one thing I hated was Canadian Country music radio because of all the Canadian content.

But it keeps an entire industry alive so I understand it.

Old
03-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Andy

Mario Trembley says he knows McGuire well and it's not to put him down but "Being a GM is not for Pierre Mcguire"

Trembley also agreed with Brunet in looking at Nill.

Old
03-31-2012, 06:56 PM
thom

Tony Parsons a well known newscaster in BritishColumbia made 800 thousand dollars in 2007 for bctv news.In Quebec many of the journalists make well over 300 thousand dollars.Regean Tremblay has made a fortune in the business he's produced and written scripts for movies and tv series for years.

Old
03-31-2012, 06:57 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Thanks for the link, really informative.

I live in the states now and I just got back from a trip back home and the one thing I hated was Canadian Country music radio because of all the Canadian content.

But it keeps an entire industry alive so I understand it.
do you also hate American radios for playing American music ?

Old
03-31-2012, 07:00 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
No but if your a true country music fan, american and more specifically southern country music is much better than canadian or even mainstream country music.

But the troll in me says that I hate Quebec for shoving french down my throat when I go there.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Find me one that is available !

Hartley has a winning record, like him or not.
One reason I like Hartley. He would have ordered Laraque to bust up Lucic, not send out polite invitations.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Mario Trembley says he knows McGuire well and it's not to put him down but "Being a GM is not for Pierre Mcguire"

I have a hard time taking Mario Tremblay serious

Old
03-31-2012, 07:06 PM
psychonaut

Quote:

Ya but did not give a reason why.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:16 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
I have a hard time taking Mario Tremblay serious
I've never really thought about this till now but how in the hell is he on tv? I mean, doesn't Patrick Roy have a huge francophone folowing in Quebec, isn't he still adored by francophones, why don't more people hate Tremblay for what he did?

Or is that why he's on tv, to be an antagonist? I'm sorry, I really don't understand the french media / culture in regards to the Habs.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:19 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Canadian content is enforced.

American stations play American music by choice.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I've never really thought about this till now but how in the hell is he on tv? I mean, doesn't Patrick Roy have a huge francophone folowing in Quebec, isn't he still adored by francophones, why don't more people hate Tremblay for what he did?

Or is that why he's on tv, to be an antagonist? I'm sorry, I really don't understand the french media / culture in regards to the Habs.
It's only a game. People make mistakes in it. No need to hold grudges for 15years.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:47 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
People make mistakes in it. No need to hold grudges for 15years.
Tell that to all my ex's.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:

Water under the bridge. It's been a long time ago, Tremblay (and Roy) are now much more mature, and it's never refereed to. Tremblay doesn't act like an antagonist at all on TV, I actually like him he is generally level-headed and he was a assistant coach not too long ago, so he still understand the game. He's intense but among all the RDS commentators he's probably one I like the most.

I wonder what would happen if Roy join the habs... tough I'm pretty sure Tremblay and he already made amends years ago.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:56 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

CBC just said theirs murmurs around the league about bowman possibly wanting to return and helping rebuild montreal, I'd be estatic

Old
03-31-2012, 07:58 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
CBC just said theirs murmurs around the league about bowman possibly wanting to return and helping rebuild montreal, I'd be estatic

Basically Friedman said people around the league are convinced if Molson asks Bowman to comeback for a couple years that Bowman would do it.

He also said Savard and Molson meeting on Monday to draw up their list of candidates.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Friedman talked to Molson and confirmed that although speaking french would be a priority, if the top candidate doesn't speak french at all it will be dealt with at that time.

Meaning it's ideal, but likely not an absolute MUST.

This is fantastic to hear.

03-31-2012, 08:02 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
No but if your a true country music fan, american and more specifically southern country music is much better than canadian or even mainstream country music.

But the troll in me says that I hate Quebec for shoving french down my throat when I go there.
Yup. Lots of people here in Calgary dying to speak French to Francophone visitors.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:04 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Friedman talked to Molson and confirmed that although speaking french would be a priority, if the top candidate doesn't speak french at all it will be dealt with at that time.

Meaning it's ideal, but likely not an absolute MUST.

This is fantastic to hear.
Seriously

If Bowman is interested to do it for 2-3 years, hire him now.

Get his replacement in here now to learn from the man for 2-3 years, somebody like Damphousse or Mcguire ...

Old
03-31-2012, 08:07 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Just imagine, you could make a trade and then protest the trade outside the Bell Center.
That really made me laugh , well played!

Old
03-31-2012, 08:13 PM
smon

Quote:

Well, basically all of the Habs more recent former head coaches are regularly on RDS. Unless they have coaching jobs or anything better it's like they are set for analyst jobs, anyway. Let's see...Demers is a senator, Tremblay is an RDS analyst, Vigneault is Vancouver's coach, Therrien is an RDS analyst, Julien is in Boston, Carbonneau is an RDS analyst, Martin was just on RDS but still employed by Habs... I don't think Cunneyworth will be joining the boys at RDS though

Have to keep in mind that Tremblay was a pretty solid player for the Habs, too. So that gets him some goodwill. But yeah, I've never really been able to look past the Roy thing if anyone ever raises him as being part of the coaching/management.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

I would be EXTREMELY cautious with french media being against McGuire. Mostly all guys from RDS and then some hate McGuire since the days he made not so great comments about Michel Therrien. Let just say that McGuire was pretty cynical and not nice when it came to Therrien's coaching. Since then, not a whole lot of french media love.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:53 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

dont then

Closed Thread