HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Senators section had a stream for the game,over now, Sislo scored and Burlon was stripped of the puck at the blue line and they scored an empty netter.
That's too bad I didn't know about the stream. I wanted to watch it. I guess this is Albany's last pre season game?

Old
10-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
That's too bad I didn't know about the stream. I wanted to watch it. I guess this is Albany's last pre season game?
I was gonna mention it, but I was on my iPad and it's a pain in the ass to do the copy and paste, plus I would've missed like 4 minutes of the game doing so.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
I was gonna mention it, but I was on my iPad and it's a pain in the ass to do the copy and paste, plus I would've missed like 4 minutes of the game doing so.
Come on man I missed a whole game cause of it! Nevermind your 4 minutes! Just kidding!

Old
10-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Come on man I missed a whole game cause of it! Nevermind your 4 minutes! Just kidding!
I didn't start watching it until like 13-10 minutes left in the third.

Rule of thumb to always check the AHL teams parent club. Especially the more devoted fan clubs like the Senators, Leafs, Bruins, Flyers, Canucks, etc. Not going to find people streaming an AHL game between the Coyotes affiliate and the Devils.

Guy said that he does the feeds. Pretty sure he rips them from Bingo's scoreboard feed, but he said if he remembers and has the time, that he puts up Bingo games on the site, which is his. So if the Devils ever play Binghamton, check on the Senators section for the stream.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
I didn't start watching it until like 13-10 minutes left in the third.

Rule of thumb to always check the AHL teams parent club. Especially the more devoted fan clubs like the Senators, Leafs, Bruins, Flyers, Canucks, etc. Not going to find people streaming an AHL game between the Coyotes affiliate and the Devils.

Guy said that he does the feeds. Pretty sure he rips them from Bingo's scoreboard feed, but he said if he remembers and has the time, that he puts up Bingo games on the site, which is his. So if the Devils ever play Binghamton, check on the Senators section for the stream.
Cool thanks. I hope to watch as many games of Albany's until the NHL comes back. Hope Wedgewood gets to the AHL. We'll probably keep Frazee sadly until he's a UFA.

What was the goaltending situation like tonight? I know it was Kinkaid, and Frazee, but wonder who gave up what?

Old
10-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Wedgewood and Kinkaid should 100% be the goaltending tandem for Albany.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Zippy316

You'd have to ask them bleedred, I have no idea.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Wedgewood and Kinkaid should 100% be the goaltending tandem for Albany.
I think so too. I think Frazee would have a better shot somewhere else. Maybe we could use him as part of a trade in a package.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Wedgewood and Kinkaid are going to make the team. Just a hunch...no idea what happens with Frazee...loan him to a ECHL team ?

I don't think he can be traded since with the lockout and all.
That's the result I'm hoping for. I have nothing against Frazee but I don't think he's the future of the Devils in goal.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
I think so too. I think Frazee would have a better shot somewhere else. Maybe we could use him as part of a trade in a package.
If we make any trade, he's likely to be the "take this as a favor piece." Kind of like how we got Pielmeier after dumping Pelley and Fraser and receiving the incompetent Kurtis Foster.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
If we make any trade, he's likely to be the "take this as a favor piece." Kind of like how we got Pielmeier after dumping Pelley and Fraser and receiving the incompetent Kurtis Foster.
Yeah this is what I'm thinking. I was just thinking about Pielmeier or whatever his name was haha.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
That's the result I'm hoping for. I have nothing against Frazee but I don't think he's the future of the Devils in goal.
I think if Lou had any plans for Frazee playing in NJ there is no way Moose gets to years.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
I think if Lou had any plans for Frazee playing in NJ there is no way Moose gets to years.
LOL if Lou had any plans for Frazee playing in the NHL then Yann Danis wouldn't have been signed to start 4 games in 2009.

Then again he had only played in the A for one year at that time Frazee.

If Lou had any plans for Frazee playing up in the big club Moose probably wouldn't have been signed in 2010, or at least definitely wouldn't have been re signed in 2011. We had Scott Clemmensen, and JF Damphousse backing us up back in 01/02 with hardly any experience, and Marty started more games in 09/10 than he did in 01/02 when those guys were backing up.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Yeah this is what I'm thinking. I was just thinking about Pielmeier or whatever his name was haha.
God was Foster awful.

I hated him with a burning passion.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
God was Foster awful.

I hated him with a burning passion.
Haha many of us did. Read the ''Foster must go NOW!'' thread for some laughs.

At least all he cost us was Rod Pelley, and Mark Fraser. Man I hated Rod Pelley. What a nobody player. Career 4th liner, no name guy who was compared to John Madden. Madden would be embarrassed. I don't even think Pelley is a career 4th liner. More like an AHL career 4th liner or ECHL.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Haha many of us did. Read the ''Foster must go NOW!'' thread for some laughs.

At least all he cost us was Rod Pelley, and Mark Fraser. Man I hated Rod Pelley. What a nobody player. Career 4th liner, no name guy who was compared to John Madden. Madden would be embarrassed. I don't even think Pelley is a career 4th liner. More like an AHL career 4th liner or ECHL.
Oh my god. I was searching for the thread.

Thread had some down times and then the picture of Jim Dowd with the little kids and the poster saying that "Dowd's running a camp looking for Foster's replacement," made me laugh my ****ing ass off.

I actually liked Pelley. He's like that kid playing on the street that still tries hard despite being aware of having ten times less skill than everyone else.

That comparison is too good and so funny.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Oh my god. I was searching for the thread.

Thread had some down times and then the picture of Jim Dowd with the little kids and the poster saying that "Dowd's running a camp looking for Foster's replacement," made me laugh my ****ing ass off.

I actually liked Pelley. He's like that kid playing on the street that still tries hard despite being aware of having ten times less skill than everyone else.

That comparison is too good and so funny.
I was about to find it for you, but I guess you beat me to it! Haha the Dowd picture. I think I made a post in that thread about talking to Foster, and him saying get ready for tomorrow cause he's gonna suck it up on the ice again! I'm pretty sure in some thread I said watch Foster score a hat trick tomorrow, and he scored 2 goals that game against Philadelphia.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:58 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
I was about to find it for you, but I guess you beat me to it! Haha the Dowd picture. I think I made a post in that thread about talking to Foster, and him saying get ready for tomorrow cause he's gonna suck it up on the ice again! I'm pretty sure in some thread I said watch Foster score a hat trick tomorrow, and he scored 2 goals that game against Philadelphia.
You did.

The Pelley quote was just as good, if not better.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
For whoever asked, Frazee let in 4 goals on 28 shots and Kinkaid let in 1 goal on 15 shots.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
For whoever asked, Frazee let in 4 goals on 28 shots and Kinkaid let in 1 goal on 15 shots.
Thanks!

Frazee 857 save percentage.

Kinkaid 934.

I didn't see the goals though so I won't say Frazee had a clunker. Like Zippy said though. Frazee might be better served in a trade package somewhere else like Pielmeier with Foster last year.

Old
10-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Agreed. Marty and Moose's contracts are clearly intended to be a bridge to Wedge and Kinkaid.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Agreed. Marty and Moose's contracts are clearly intended to be a bridge to Wedge and Kinkaid.
I think we'll see a stop gap goaltender for sure after Marty, and Moose are done. A stop gap starter or one to split time with Kinkaid or Wedgewood. The only way I see one of them being a starter right off the bat is if one of our goaltenders is hurt at some time, and one of those guys need to fill in, and get some significant playing time.

Not sure who the stop gap would be. Vokoun, Theodore, Nabokov. Not sure if I will want any of those guys by that time though. I'd take Kiprusoff over those guys I think. Maybe Nicklas Backstrom? Harding will be the starter there in Minnesota for sure by that time. I actually like Backstrom.

Old
10-08-2012, 12:39 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

seriously, whats up with him? beyond wiki? is he legit?

Old
10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
http://i49.tinypic.com/25g5jc5.jpg

seriously, whats up with him? beyond wiki? is he legit?
I remember reading a lot of Kings fans were high on him as a bottom 6/possibly bottom 9 guy after his first NHL season. I'm not sure who he was playing with or where he was playing when he put up 24 points, but that kinda production would've been invaluable from OUR bottom 6 for a good chunk of last season. He was simply passed over by a lot of players due to all his injuries.

Also this: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/scott_parse/

He certainly looked like a talented player in college. I'm not expecting a lot out of him, but he could be a fantastic under-the-radar depth pickup (read: the "Lou move") along the lines of Bernier and Sykora last season.

EDIT: Seriously, read his HF page. I know he's listed as a 6.5, but his talent analysis speaks pretty highly of his hands and his playmaking, and also how he likes to throw hits, and even quarterback a PP (he played defense at times in college). He definitely has the tools to be a talented middle-6 guy.

Last edited by Hockey Sports Fan: 10-08-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old
10-08-2012, 01:26 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

thanks. the only black mark i could find against him were injuries. might be a good guy to work into the 4th line now and again, depending on injuries

Closed Thread