HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

vCash: 500
All in all I didn't expect Wedgewood to be the starter immediately after Marty, and Moose retired. Not Kinkaid either. I maintain that we will need a stop gap goaltender, while one of them backs up or eventually splits time for a year or two.

Old
10-12-2012, 03:43 PM
NjDevs4994
Gate

so is there going to be streams of the AHL this year? or am i going to have to buy the online package?

Old
10-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
All in all I didn't expect Wedgewood to be the starter immediately after Marty, and Moose retired. Not Kinkaid either. I maintain that we will need a stop gap goaltender, while one of them backs up or eventually splits time for a year or two.
Have to throw the kids into the deep end of the pool eventually. I trust the judgment of our development team to know when he's ready. I think Lou's thought process on that is that he has two years before he really has to worry about replacing Marty, so he'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Old
10-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
New Jersey Devils ‏@NHLDevils
#Kinkaid has been loaned to the #TrentonTitans of the @ECHL. They open the season tonight at home vs. Greenville.

Edit: Stop the excitement they corrected the tweet. Wedgewood was sent to Trenton as we all already heard.

Last edited by Scottyk9: 10-12-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old
10-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Scott Wedgewood backing up tonight for Trenton's opener vs. Greenville. Niko Hovinen got the start in net for the Titans.

Old
10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

I'm annoyed that Wedgewood was sent to the Flyers' ECHL affiliate in Trenton. They have no incentive to develop him properly.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I'm annoyed that Wedgewood was sent to the Flyers' ECHL affiliate in Trenton. They have no incentive to develop him properly.
They are getting paid for him to play there.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:16 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Agreed, I doubt they play him much either.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:09 PM
TrentonPwnedFlorida

Quote:
This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:17 PM
battlingBard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentonPwnedFlorida View Post
This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen.
Um really? How's that ridiculous? The Flyers are our RIVALS, organization and team.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Where's Clermont playing? I don't really like the fact that it's the Flyers affiliate. Kinda hope he impresses, and maybe Frazee is out in a trade. Again nothing personal to Frazee. I just think Wedgewood has a realistic chance of being our future goalie. I don't think Frazee does at this point unless he gets a shot if Marty or Moose goes down injured.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Where's Clermont playing? I don't really like the fact that it's the Flyers affiliate. Kinda hope he impresses, and maybe Frazee is out in a trade. Again nothing personal to Frazee. I just think Wedgewood has a realistic chance of being our future goalie. I don't think Frazee does at this point unless he gets a shot if Marty or Moose goes down injured.
Clermont is still with Albany, he's hurt and being kept there I guess during rehab.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:59 PM
TrentonPwnedFlorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlingBard56 View Post
Um really? How's that ridiculous? The Flyers are our RIVALS, organization and team.
You obviously don't know how the ECHL works. Dual affiliations are pretty common. The Flyers do not own Trenton, and Trenton would not have signed the deal with NJ if they did not plan to use the players sent to them/ or want the players sent to them.

Trenton gains NOTHING by accepting a player and not using them.

This isn't the AHL, the parent club pretty much means squat. Its also one of the reasons the Devils failed in the ECHL.

Btw being a season ticket holder for Trenton for about 11 years, I know the team is happy to have the deal with NJ and to accept the players that have been sent to them. That was the whole point of doing the agreement.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Trenton doesn't give two ****s about Philadelphia. They are trying to win and make money.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
You obviously don't know how the ECHL works. Dual affiliations are pretty common. The Flyers do not own Trenton, and Trenton would not have signed the deal with NJ if they did not plan to use the players sent to them/ or want the players sent to them.

This isn't the AHL, the parent club pretty much means squat. Its also one of the reasons the Devils failed in the ECHL.

Btw being a season ticket holder for Trenton for about 11 years, I know the team is happy to have the deal with NJ and to accept the players that have been sent to them. That was the whole point of doing the agreement.
I'm going to the game on Wednesday.

I really hope Wedge plays.

Old
10-13-2012, 02:30 AM
battlingBard56

Even though Trenton is the Flyers ECHL team. The fact that dual affiliations happen means jack to me. We just embarrassed the Flyers in the playoffs. Rivalries tend to get dirty in more ways than one. Think about it.
I'm clearly not the only one who feels uneasy with this either.

Also, to Trenton:
By the way, I don't really give a damn how I came off initially, (really I was trying to project a skeptical reaction, no malice intended) There is absolutely no need for the condescending "I'm a STH, I'm better than you" response. If you've really been a STH, a long time fan or whatever else for so long, maybe you should educate in a respectful manner.
I'm really sick of people who claim to be long time ticket holders acting like they're better than the ones who aren't and whom appear not to know a whole lot. I really am.

Anyways, YES. Hope Wedgewood gets playing time. It's imperative he gets it and I really hope he gets a chance.

Old
10-13-2012, 02:42 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

this is wrong.

why?

Old
10-13-2012, 02:51 AM
TrentonPwnedFlorida

Quote:
Even though Trenton is the Flyers ECHL team. The fact that dual affiliations happen means jack to me. We just embarrassed the Flyers in the playoffs. Rivalries tend to get dirty in more ways than one. Think about it.
I'm clearly not the only one who feels uneasy with this either.
lolwut?

The Flyers dont own or operate or make ANY decisions for Trenton. Trenton only cares about winning, they dont care what the NHL does.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Jack Griffin

The problem isn't that Trenton is a Flyers affiliate the problem is that Trenton already has a pretty decent goalie in Hovinen. Can't imagine Wedgewood being the sure fire #1 there so he probably won't get a ton of starts.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:

You are right, Trenton mgmt/officials want to bring fans in to the arena and win games. The concerns/motives of the NHL teams are not much concern to them (if at all).

By having both Devils and Flyers prospects (most of them have no chance at the NHL) it will help them draw more fans.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I'm going to the game on Wednesday.

I really hope Wedge plays.
Anyone know what other Devils prospects are on the Trenton Titans roster?
I would go to a game where I know in advance that Wedge is going to get the start.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Anyone know what other Devils prospects are on the Trenton Titans roster?
I would go to a game where I know in advance that Wedge is going to get the start.
Alexander Carrier and I think one other forward, Brian Haczyk.

Old
10-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Richey View Post
The problem isn't that Trenton is a Flyers affiliate the problem is that Trenton already has a pretty decent goalie in Hovinen. Can't imagine Wedgewood being the sure fire #1 there so he probably won't get a ton of starts.
That's a concern too. We have no idea how much Wedgewood will be used there, at least in Albany the team will have direct control over how much those guys play. I guess we have to hope that Wedge can beat out the other guy for the starter's role and force Trenton to play him more.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:24 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
That's a concern too. We have no idea how much Wedgewood will be used there, at least in Albany the team will have direct control over how much those guys play. I guess we have to hope that Wedge can beat out the other guy for the starter's role and force Trenton to play him more.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Mgd31

Anyone know of any good sites that stream ahl games. Or any cheap AHL season packages?

Closed Thread