HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2012-13 Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
I don't really think its fair for anyone to say Albany is a better location than Trenton right now. There's no "Devils' System" in Albany and its probably better for Wedge to get a season under his belt that'll allow him to more easily transition to a higher level of play.
Honestly, I want him wherever he's getting hit with the most shots.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:12 PM
nugg
McDive for McDavid

Can this thread's subject be updated?

Last edited by nugg: 11-01-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Thanks for updating!
Old
11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Sarge18

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone wants a break from all the madness out there. Trenton is home tonight and anyone who donates a case of bottled water gets in for free. It's a good chance to see a couple of our prospects and the gas lines down here aren't bad. I had a three car wait in Burlington and its $3.33 a gallon.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:30 PM
trentondevil

Alexandre Carrier fight last night in Trentons loss to Reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-pN...ature=youtu.be

Old
11-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

How is Tedenby looking? From the sounds of it, the entire team is a bit inconsistent...

Old
11-03-2012, 11:37 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
How is Tedenby looking? From the sounds of it, the entire team is a bit inconsistent...
From what I've heard you are correct. The whole team possibly sans Larsson has been inconsistent, Tedenby included. I think he just needs confidence. He is a tenacious fore checker but he doesn't seem to trust his shot when he gets a chance. Some more tutoring from Lemaire on how to play defense would be great for him too...

Old
11-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Tedenby has Albany's only goal in the last 180+ minutes of play, 3 games, 14+ PP's, and 106 shots or so. It was even strength, and not an ugly goal either. He led the team in shots on goal tonight with 5 I think or more, and judging by the announcer on the radio broadcast probably had the most challenging shot that Adirondack's goalie Munroe had to stop. Before last night I think he was even a + rating. He's one of a couple guys with 2 goals on the team so far, and he has one assist. I think Hoeffel has 2 goals, Henrique has 2 with 1 coming on a penalty shot, and Joefson having 4 goals leading the team.

I think Larsson has 4 points all assists which I'm sure leads D men on the team. Josefson has been the best player when the team is not allergic to scoring, and has a point per game I believe for every game they haven't been shutout in.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:31 AM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

When I say Tedenby needs to trust his shot I don't mean he isn't taking a shot. Its just like the shots he takes are almost tentative. He needs to just pick his spot and let it rip, or absolutely commit to a move and follow through with it; not second guess himself halfway through. Kinda like Kovy when he first joined the team.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Yeah I know what you mean. I've been very critical of Tedenby and I still think he lacks finish like his shootout miss from last night. Very reminiscent of his many breakaways in the NHL early last season where he would rip it wide or hit the glass. He was their best player the last two games though. Probably made Munroe make one of only challenging saves last night. He also scored their only goal in the last 200 minutes which right now he should get some kind of medal for. I think if the lockout ended this week, and there's a one or two week training camp Tedenby damn well makes the team if it comes down to him, and Butler fighting for a spot. Tedenby runs through that spot by miles.

Then again Kowalsky has insisted on leaving Butler on the first line with Henrique which is dumb. Tedenby would be considered 2nd or 3rd line right now. I would put Pesonen or Hoeffel on the NHL team before Butler if that decision needed to be made today. I liked the Butler signing too, and I can't write him off yet. He has been damn disappointing and has not proved he should be an NHL player yet so far in Albany. Two chances to end the game in OT against Connecticut, and hit iron, and hit iron with a chance to tie up the shootout. Tonight everything he was shooting was going wide. The whole time aside from Tedenby, Frazee, and Kinkaid should have walked back from Glen Falls. That includes Kowalski, and Albelin too.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
When I say Tedenby needs to trust his shot I don't mean he isn't taking a shot. Its just like the shots he takes are almost tentative. He needs to just pick his spot and let it rip, or absolutely commit to a move and follow through with it; not second guess himself halfway through. Kinda like Kovy when he first joined the team.
I agree. Having the confidence that you can beat the goalie with a snipe is a big part of scoring goals. If you have any tentative thoughts, it's not going to work. Tedenby needs to trust his shot more.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:30 AM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I agree. Having the confidence that you can beat the goalie with a snipe is a big part of scoring goals. If you have any tentative thoughts, it's not going to work. Tedenby needs to trust his shot more.
And it's not like he's not capable. I still love to go back and watch the highlight reel of his NHL goals. The kid can shoot and he has some fancy moves. He's just got to trust it.

Again, though, I do wish someone would really take time and teach the kid how to play at least passably in the defensive zone.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Last year in the NHL the thing that hurt him at least offensively was he had no finish. Most of this was his shot. He had a handful of breakaways if not more while he was up. At least a handful before being demoted. At one time he got more breakaways than anybody on the team at even strength. He would shoot at the glass or miss the net. Then there was a problem he had with trying to do a fancy move, and this would allow a defender for the other team, or sometimes two to catch up to him and knock him off the puck.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:39 AM
CerebralGenesis

While not scoring is an issue for everyone, Tedenby has many more things to address first before becoming a complete NHL player. Holding the puck too long and making poor decisions is a big one and being lost in the D zone is another. I haven't seen enough games to comment on if those have improved or not.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
While not scoring is an issue for everyone, Tedenby has many more things to address first before becoming a complete NHL player. Holding the puck too long and making poor decisions is a big one and being lost in the D zone is another. I haven't seen enough games to comment on if those have improved or not.
If he consistently scored I would give him a break on his poor defensive game. At least to a point. It was someone else on here I believe who said Tedenby lives, and dies by his offensive game. To me that's the most important thing with him. He's not big so he has no size like Poni/Zubrus. He's not a center who can win faceoffs like Josefson, or to a smaller extent Henrique. He doesn't play a good defensive game like those guys either. The most he has to offer is scoring pretty much so he needs to be doing that. Pete even said this in an interview. Mattias needs to be able to score 15 goals a year in a full season playing top 9 minutes, and maybe some PP time. Of course I would budge with less like maybe 10 if he puts up points through assists.

Old
11-05-2012, 01:29 PM
mattbender123

our offense big names need to step up! in the games ive seen laarson has been execeptional and i personally feel like the other two d that have played good are our under rated d men kelly and Hrbarenka (sp) who have been solid (stats show that too). corrente to me is a bust and burlon has practically been invisible imo. we need gelinas back soon!

Old
11-05-2012, 09:21 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Larsson from what I have seen is on another level. I am really hoping he gets paired with Gelinas once he returns from injury.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Yeah hopefully Corrente sits once Gelinas, and Urbom are back is everyone else is healthy. He's just taking up a spot there. He's been their WORST defenseman every game I've seen so far.

Butler, and Henrique need to be split up.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Yeah hopefully Corrente sits once Gelinas, and Urbom are back is everyone else is healthy. He's just taking up a spot there. He's been their WORST defenseman every game I've seen so far.

Well, so does Frazee but whaddayaknow.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Well, so does Frazee but whaddayaknow.
I was thinking the same thing, but I don't hate Frazee so much right now. Since there's no roster limit I don't know why Wedgewood can't be up with Kinkaid, and Frazee?

Corrente is a bust. I know he's had some unfortunate injuries, but I wish Lou would just let RFA's go sometimes. Corrente has no NHL future with us, and I'm sure he'll continue to be re signed until he's a UFA in like 3 or 4 years from now.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Two shooters on the same line, Henrique should be a winger as well. The games I have seen in the AHL have proven it, he doesn't create for his linemates well.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:31 PM
kiwidevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Two shooters on the same line, Henrique should be a winger as well. The games I have seen in the AHL have proven it, he doesn't create for his linemates well.
What are your thoughts on Larsson's play Jason?

Has he been as good as suggested by others?

Old
11-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
What are your thoughts on Larsson's play Jason?

Has he been as good as suggested by others?
Yes, Larsson's poise with the puck in unmatched from any defensmen I seen in the AHL so far. I would like to see him jump into the play a lot more and showcase his offense skills. The only area of his defensive game that needs some work is gap control off the rush.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:48 PM
kiwidevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Yes, Larsson's poise with the puck in unmatched from any defensmen I seen in the AHL so far. I would like to see him jump into the play a lot more and showcase his offense skills. The only area of his defensive game that needs some work is gap control off the rush.
Cool, good to hear.

You feel he is ready to lead the NJD defense this year, if there is a season?

Old
11-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Larsson has been too good for the AHL. Not too much of a fan of him with Jay Leach, but right now if he's not with Leach he would prbably have to play with Corrente, or Mcpherson. That doesn't sound good at all.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Cool, good to hear.

You feel he is ready to lead the NJD defense this year, if there is a season?
I feel he is ready for a very severe dose of defensive zone draws. His poise and breakout pass are better than any defensmen I have seen on the Devils. Scott Stevens had a terrific first pass as well.

Closed Thread