HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread Part 1

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2012, 03:21 PM
  #926
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Any NHL player COULD get a job in Europe, it's just a matter of whether it's worth the trouble. If Dale Weise can clean up the Dutch league and Bissonette can get two points in his first British league game, Little Gio could play. But it may not be worth the meager pay and travel to him.
Yeah you're right. I guess he could find a job somewhere. There are many different leagues over there. Probably one of the smaller leagues though. He'd probably suck with Albany anyway since that team has been allergic to scoring so far!

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 09:50 PM
  #927
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Any NHL player COULD get a job in Europe, it's just a matter of whether it's worth the trouble. If Dale Weise can clean up the Dutch league and Bissonette can get two points in his first British league game, Little Gio could play. But it may not be worth the meager pay and travel to him.
Andrew Peters...

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 10:08 PM
  #928
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,166
vCash: 500
Haha did Andrew Peters play in Europe?

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 01:10 AM
  #929
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:
 
Hockey Sports Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
Andrew Peters...
I said "NHL player" not...uh... someone help me out here!

Hockey Sports Fan is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 01:31 AM
  #930
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,166
vCash: 500
So if Peters can't play in Europe, then neither can Boulton right? I don't care what anyone says Boulton made Peters look like an NHL player! At least last year. I know Boulton was a serviceable player for many years.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:19 AM
  #931
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Andrew Peters probably would have done ok on Vityaz Chekhov, the KHL's premiere goon squad.

Saugus is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 12:14 PM
  #932
Feed Me A Stray Cat
Registered User
 
Feed Me A Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,815
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
I'll be at the Albs Devs game tomorrow. Will report back with impressions.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 11:05 AM
  #933
SMantzas
Church of Corsi
 
SMantzas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
Wedge got hurt last night

Mike Ashmore has some quotes from Wedgewood on his Titans blog.


Last edited by SMantzas: 11-10-2012 at 11:24 AM.
SMantzas is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 11:27 AM
  #934
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Wedge got hurt last night

Mike Ashmore has some quotes from Wedgewood on his Titans blog.
****! Hope it isn't too serious.


Last edited by njdevilsjds: 11-10-2012 at 11:39 AM.
njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 11:40 AM
  #935
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
I said "NHL player" not...uh... someone help me out here!
Hahaha.

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 08:15 AM
  #936
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,722
vCash: 500
How are the Swedes doing in Albany?

Nordic* is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 08:34 AM
  #937
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,084
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Looks like the entire Albany squad is struggling.. I've only watched 1 game with them this year and they won that game. What is up?

vippe is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 08:57 AM
  #938
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Looks like the entire Albany squad is struggling.. I've only watched 1 game with them this year and they won that game. What is up?
Start watching more games.

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 10:52 AM
  #939
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
How are the Swedes doing in Albany?
Josefson and Larsson look great. Tedenby is still struggling a bit, and has been out the last couple games because he is ill. Urbom is injured right now.

Saugus is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 11:09 AM
  #940
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Josefson and Larsson look great. Tedenby is still struggling a bit, and has been out the last couple games because he is ill. Urbom is injured right now.
Urbom played the last couple of games.

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 11:32 AM
  #941
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trade RyderZidHavlat
Country: United States
Posts: 19,081
vCash: 500
Happy to see they beat the phantoms last night.

Any news on Wedge?

I was thinking of going to a Trenton game and if Wedge is on IR there is no reason to.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:00 PM
  #942
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Happy to see they beat the phantoms last night.

Any news on Wedge?

I was thinking of going to a Trenton game and if Wedge is on IR there is no reason to.
I have seen nothing but the out indefinately news that was initialy said by the Titans beat writer.

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
  #943
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,084
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Start watching more games.
Yeah well.. considering they have 8 points in 10 games and are last in their conference I'd say the team struggles no?

vippe is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 04:08 PM
  #944
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Yeah well.. considering they have 8 points in 10 games and are last in their conference I'd say the team struggles no?
I meant as in you watch it and they win, so watch more games so they can win.

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 04:18 PM
  #945
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:
 
Hockey Sports Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Yeah well.. considering they have 8 points in 10 games and are last in their conference I'd say the team struggles no?
Right now there's a lack of goal scoring in Albany and special teams, by all accounts, have been brutal. But so far Frazee and Kinkaid have both had some pretty standout games. Larsson and Josefson look to be a league ahead of everyone and Henrique's been cruising and half-speed and STILL looks good most of the time. Losing Urbom and Gelinas for a stretch certainly didn't help.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 04:37 PM
  #946
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Right now there's a lack of goal scoring in Albany and special teams, by all accounts, have been brutal. But so far Frazee and Kinkaid have both had some pretty standout games. Larsson and Josefson look to be a league ahead of everyone and Henrique's been cruising and half-speed and STILL looks good most of the time. Losing Urbom and Gelinas for a stretch certainly didn't help.
It's still early on, and right now, everyone is pretty much either .500 or two or three games above it. They will go on a run and get right back into the mix.

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 05:31 PM
  #947
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,084
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I meant as in you watch it and they win, so watch more games so they can win.
Hah okay, sorry about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Right now there's a lack of goal scoring in Albany and special teams, by all accounts, have been brutal. But so far Frazee and Kinkaid have both had some pretty standout games. Larsson and Josefson look to be a league ahead of everyone and Henrique's been cruising and half-speed and STILL looks good most of the time. Losing Urbom and Gelinas for a stretch certainly didn't help.
Nice to hear Larsson and Josefsson looking good.

vippe is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 06:43 PM
  #948
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:
 
Hockey Sports Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
It's still early on, and right now, everyone is pretty much either .500 or two or three games above it. They will go on a run and get right back into the mix.
I was merely trying to be objective! I'm not particularly worried about Albany. A lot of AHL teams have a veteran core that help maintain an identity despite a revolving cast of rookies and prospects going in and out. Albany has Jay Leach.

Albany in general, and subsequently Kowalsky, is in place to teach kids, not to win games. With a whole bunch of noobs learning a new (probably worse) system trying to mesh with younger AHL lifers that already know the system (thereby playing worse hockey overall), it's going to take a long time to gel. I guess technically I'm worried about Albany in the sense that I doubt they're gonna have a very successful season, but I'm not worried about prospects playing down there. Albany's proven it's a good environment for kids learning the pro game.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 11:59 AM
  #949
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 25,648
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...lision_friday/

Lamoriello said today Wedgewood was checked out by team doctors and is OK.

“He’s fine,” Lamoriello said. He’ll be right back.”

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 03:31 PM
  #950
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
I was merely trying to be objective! I'm not particularly worried about Albany. A lot of AHL teams have a veteran core that help maintain an identity despite a revolving cast of rookies and prospects going in and out. Albany has Jay Leach.

Albany in general, and subsequently Kowalsky, is in place to teach kids, not to win games. With a whole bunch of noobs learning a new (probably worse) system trying to mesh with younger AHL lifers that already know the system (thereby playing worse hockey overall), it's going to take a long time to gel. I guess technically I'm worried about Albany in the sense that I doubt they're gonna have a very successful season, but I'm not worried about prospects playing down there. Albany's proven it's a good environment for kids learning the pro game.
Albany has Sestito, Leach, and Anderson/Wiseman.

Zippy316 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.