HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Roberto Luongo is the best goaltender in Canucks history

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

vCash: 500
Roberto Luongo is the best goaltender in Canucks history

With rumors heating up that Lou may be leaving town soon and with his apparent unseating as the number one of this team by Schneider, I feel this thread is necessary to recognize Lou. After being a goalie graveyard (which was pretty entertaining) with a few bright spots during this team's entire existence, Louie was the first franchise netminder this team ever had. Luongo's 2007 season may be the best I've ever seen from a player let alone a goalie. I remember Don Cherry calling Luongo's performance in the playoffs that year the best he'd ever seen from a goaltender. Louie virtually transformed this team into a winner single-handedly and has since blossomed into arguably one of the best leaders and team players this organization has ever had.

However, I think most of us realize that Louie's time in Vancouver may be at an end. The pressure and criticism he faces in this town is unreal and largely unfair. He's slowly starting to break down and may be a better fit on another team. And there's a younger goalie who's apparently pushing Lou out of the picture. So logically it seems likely he won't be on this team much longer. Yet he's handled it all with unflinching grace and respect. Luongo is the best goaltender in Canucks' history in my opinion and I hope other fans hold him in that regard.

Old
04-24-2012, 02:36 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
He hasn't been traded yet. Let's save the epitaphs for when we actual have a headstone to write them on. Let's keep it in the Luongo and Gillis presser threads for now.

Closed Thread