HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks' Injury Thread: He will play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches.

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Per the Province's Ben Kuzma

Ben Kuzma ‏ @benkuzma
Daniel Sedin has made a #Canucks pre-practice appearance on the ice.
10:39 AM - 9 Apr 12

Ben Kuzma‏ @benkuzma
Kassian (shoulder) taking to #Canucks practice ice, too, along with D. Sedin (concussion). All heads on deck with Ballard (concussion) too.
https://twitter.com/#!/benkuzma/stat...10154029129728

Old
04-09-2012, 01:57 PM
metric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer44 View Post
She's on Global News.
I know.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:59 PM
CommonMeans*

Is Ballard back to full contact yet?

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks Wet.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:59 PM
windflare

On the opposing force:

Quote:
Jeff Carter practicing w/Kings. One of four guys in white jersey
RT from Elliot Friedman.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:00 PM
CallMeJerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Per the Province's Ben Kuzma:

Ben Kuzma‏ @benkuzma

Kassian (shoulder) taking to #Canucks practice ice, too, along with D. Sedin (concussion). All heads on deck with Ballard (concussion) too.
https://twitter.com/#!/benkuzma/stat...10154029129728
Now we have the best 5th line ever!

Old
04-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Is Ballard back to full contact yet?

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks Wet.
It is not clear if the injured players are taking full contact.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Anzes Eyes
5th line centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
On the second line with Kesler and Booth?
Tony Gallagher:
@tg_gman: What a coincidence! Suddenly Jonathan Toews, Jeff Carter and Daneil Sedin all feeling better on the same day.

Can you get more sarcastic. He's not a BAD reporter but his tone has to change... #cantteachanolddognewtricks

Old
04-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

It's looking like we'll be fully healthy going into round 1. I'm pretty happy that we get a couple of two day breaks here in the 1st round, that could pay dividends later on in terms of keeping the team healthy and rested. I'd certainly say it's more of an advantage than a disadvantage.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
On the opposing force:

RT from Elliot Friedman.
I read somewhere Carter isn't 100% and is going to attempt to play on a bum ankle, not sure where the article was posted.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:07 PM
windflare

Quote:
#Canucks top line re-united - 22, 33, 14. It's also 21-17-7, 20-26-36, 27-40-34.
Lines.

Look like Kassian will sit out at least the first one, and depending on how things go, might be reinserted.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:08 PM
windflare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
I read somewhere Carter isn't 100% and is going to attempt to play on a bum ankle, not sure where the article was posted.
He's still wearing a white helmet, i.e. non-contact, so for sure still a bum ankle. Bone bruises don't go away easily - ask Lidstrom.

He can probably play on it, but effectiveness will be severely hampered, of course. Skating is one of his strengths too.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:13 PM
tantalum

Carter has a deep bone bruise. I wouldn't be shocked that despite what they are saying that he doesn't play. The Flyers have been in this position before with Carter and his feet. He tends to be ineffective if he has struggles skating which isn't a shock. Look at how Higgins played last year in the playoffs until he got the foot injury...night and day difference.

Heck look at Kesler this year with his hip not 100%

Old
04-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
Carter has a deep bone bruise. I wouldn't be shocked that despite what they are saying that he doesn't play. The Flyers have been in this position before with Carter and his feet. He tends to be ineffective if he has struggles skating which isn't a shock. Look at how Higgins played last year in the playoffs until he got the foot injury...night and day difference.
Assuming that it in fact a deep bone bruise and not a high ankle sprain/fracture - that injury kept Lidstrom out for almost one month.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Just give him a little Bobby Clarke music - a little tap on the ankle.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:18 PM
tantalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Assuming that it in fact a deep bone bruise and not a high ankle sprain/fracture - that injury kept Lidstrom out for almost one month.
Either one takes forever to get over especially if the bone bruise is in precisely the wrong spot. And when you factor in that Carter has already had multiple foot fractures including one earlier this year you have what might be a bad situation for Carter. Start favouring the ankle because of the bruise and it may lead to all sorts of issues. Guy seems to have Forsberg feet.

In the end I firmly believe that if Carter could play on it he would have been playing the last two games of the season which were big games. As much as they may match up fairly well against the Canucks there is no way ANY team wanted to actually play the canucks. Things can change in a week of course so perhaps he is ready to go but wearing the no contact jersey isn't particularly promising for him.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:22 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 50
Daniel! Oh boy, I'll admit, I am extremely excited even though I should wait until Daniel is able to practice without any symptoms, but, I'm excited.

This just cheered up my day.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:22 PM
xtr3m

Uh oh!

Quote:
@DOUBLEJGLOBALBC
Daniel taking part in all the drills..doesn't look out of place, its as if he's been skating for a while now.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:25 PM
vanwest

That's a deep lineup with Daniel back. The rest will probably do him some good too. Lapierre on the fourth line is a real luxury. If Raymond falters I'd move Lapierre up with the Kesler line. If Kassian is ready to go we have even more options.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:26 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.

Because he probably has.

Teams exaggerate injuries (to a degree) to get other players suspended. Just like Horton's "severe concussion."

Old
04-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Ya, I agree. They were just being careful with Daniel heading into the playoffs, I suspect if it WERE the playoffs he could have played the game after the Keith hit. I'd wager he's been fine for a while, same with Kassian and Ballard.

Keeping Ballard out let them figure out Tanev/Gragnani and where they fit (and qualified Grags RFA req), resting Kassian allowed Bitz to grab a few games and get up to speed for the post-season.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:37 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
Uh oh!
Just what I thought, Canucks wanted to make CBC look like idiots saying Daniel hasn't skated.

Seriously though, it's fairly obvious Daniel was skating, otherwise he wouldn't just be thrown into practice, IMO.

Very encouraging news on the quote you posted though. Hopefully he stays symptom free tomorrow as well, and feels awesome he can play in game 1.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:39 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Ya, I agree. They were just being careful with Daniel heading into the playoffs, I suspect if it WERE the playoffs he could have played the game after the Keith hit. I'd wager he's been fine for a while, same with Kassian and Ballard.

Keeping Ballard out let them figure out Tanev/Gragnani and where they fit (and qualified Grags RFA req), resting Kassian allowed Bitz to grab a few games and get up to speed for the post-season.
Doesn't look like Kassian or Ballard are playing game 1 though

Old
04-09-2012, 02:40 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Doesn't look like Kassian or Ballard are playing game 1 though
There's no rush to put them in the lineup, so may as well let them get fully healthy.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Jevo

Quote:

I highly doubt that about Daniel. Concussions are not something to take lightly, it has kept Ballard out for almost two months, although he probably could have played somewhere in March if not for the cap. But the real danger is second impact syndrome, which can take a player for a real long time. Just ask Crosby if it was a good idea to play the game after he got hit and got a concussion, or try and ask Savard how bad concussions can get. I don't think the Canucks wants to risk a franchise player, or any player for that matter, ending his career like that, not even in the playoffs.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Because he probably has.

Teams exaggerate injuries (to a degree) to get other players suspended. Just like Horton's "severe concussion."
It was a severe concussion and kept him from returning to the series. Horton was dazed and unresponsive on the ice. He had to be carried off on a stretcher and was taken to the hospital. He was not back on skates until late August so 4 1/2 months.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...symptoms_gone/

Sounds severe to me.

And Horton is out again with the dreaded second concussion suffered January 22, 2012 and he missed the last 36 games of the regular season with his second concussion in seven months. He is not expected back this season.
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/08...rn-in-playoffs

Closed Thread