HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 unrestricted free agents

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2012, 01:12 AM
  #326
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
A quick turnaround is possible next year. For that, the new management must be willing to take a few difficult decisions, and Molson must be willing to pay for players who won't play for the Habs. How?

1- Bury Gomez in the AHL.

2- Trade Kaberle and Bourque for anything you can get, even a bag of pucks. And be willing to pay parts of their salary.

3- Offer our 1st round draft pick to the Panthers for Huberdeau. I'm sure we can manage to do it if we are generous and willing to add another draft pick, if necessary. Huberdeau could become our future franchise player to builld around.

4- On the UFA markets, offer big contracts to Parise, Parenteau (I'm pretty sure he ends up here anyway) and a tough defensive defenseman. Also resign Moen or better : a tough checking 4th liner who can fight.

Here's my dream team for next year. I think it has all it takes to go very far :

Parise (7,0) - Plekanec (5,0) - Parenteau (4,5)
Pacioretty (1,625) - Desharnais (0,850) - Cole (4,5)
Huberdeau (3,175) - Eller (2,3) - Gionta (5,0)
Konopka (1,750) - Leblanc (1,17) - White (0,900)


Extras : Darche (0,700), Geoffrion, Palushaj, Engqvist, Dumont

Subban (4,0) - Gorges (3,9)
Markov (5,75) - Emelin (1,7)
Tough defenseman (1,2) - Diaz (1,3)


Extras : Weber (0,850), St-Denis

Price (5,0)
Budaj (1,15)


Money we could expect to pay to afford getting rid of Kaberle and Bourque : 2 millions.

Payroll total : 65,32 millions
Salary cap (2011... hopefully higher in 2012) : 64,3 millions

I think this is not impossible. We would suddenly get a very offensive minded team that would be exciting to watch. With a bigger core of local players, as the new GM is expected to try to build. A quick turnaround like this is very possible.

I don't know for you, but personally, I really love how that team looks like!


Last edited by DDs not undersized: 04-05-2012 at 01:30 AM.
DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:14 AM
  #327
MrGold
Registered User
 
MrGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Truculence is the word.

Win or lose, there will be blood (huge splash... you know)

Winchester, B. [6'5] (UFA)
Parros, G. [6'5] (UFA)
Konopka, Z. [6'0] (UFA)
MacGrattan, B. [6'4] (UFA)

O'Brien, S. [6'3] (UFA)
Allen, B. [6'5] (UFA)
Carkner, M. [6'4] (UFA)

MrGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:38 AM
  #328
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,382
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Man, what took the islanders so long to call up PA parenteau? ,sheesh,i say take a shot at him

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:12 AM
  #329
CN_paladin
Registered User
 
CN_paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westeros
Posts: 2,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Markov, Emelin, Subban, Gorges, Kaberle. We really need to sign a shutdown defenseman. Diaz will be #7. Trade Weber for something at the draft.
Niklas Grossman says hi.

Also, if Prust goes to the FA market, then we have to sign him at all cost because he's much more skilled fighter than Staubitz and leads the league in fights with 20.


Last edited by CN_paladin: 04-05-2012 at 02:36 AM.
CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:26 AM
  #330
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,266
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
fighting is overrated.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:43 AM
  #331
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
A quick turnaround is possible next year. For that, the new management must be willing to take a few difficult decisions, and Molson must be willing to pay for players who won't play for the Habs. How?

1- Bury Gomez in the AHL.

2- Trade Kaberle and Bourque for anything you can get, even a bag of pucks. And be willing to pay parts of their salary.

3- Offer our 1st round draft pick to the Panthers for Huberdeau. I'm sure we can manage to do it if we are generous and willing to add another draft pick, if necessary. Huberdeau could become our future franchise player to builld around.

4- On the UFA markets, offer big contracts to Parise, Parenteau (I'm pretty sure he ends up here anyway) and a tough defensive defenseman. Also resign Moen or better : a tough checking 4th liner who can fight.

Here's my dream team for next year. I think it has all it takes to go very far :

Parise (7,0) - Plekanec (5,0) - Parenteau (4,5)
Pacioretty (1,625) - Desharnais (0,850) - Cole (4,5)
Huberdeau (3,175) - Eller (2,3) - Gionta (5,0)
Konopka (1,750) - Leblanc (1,17) - White (0,900)


Extras : Darche (0,700), Geoffrion, Palushaj, Engqvist, Dumont

Subban (4,0) - Gorges (3,9)
Markov (5,75) - Emelin (1,7)
Tough defenseman (1,2) - Diaz (1,3)


Extras : Weber (0,850), St-Denis

Price (5,0)
Budaj (1,15)


Money we could expect to pay to afford getting rid of Kaberle and Bourque : 2 millions.

Payroll total : 65,32 millions
Salary cap (2011... hopefully higher in 2012) : 64,3 millions

I think this is not impossible. We would suddenly get a very offensive minded team that would be exciting to watch. With a bigger core of local players, as the new GM is expected to try to build. A quick turnaround like this is very possible.

I don't know for you, but personally, I really love how that team looks like!
Wait, so the Sens fans mostly want rid of Konopka because they've realised how useless he actually is, but you want to more than double the salary he got as a ufa last year? Seriously, that's a typo, right? Also he apears to be playing wing with Leblanc, not sure what's going on there.

Parise also appears to be a typo, as you said you were going to offer him a 'big contract' and then have him down as a cap hit of only 7 million. That doesn't sound particularly big, I'm sure New Jersey would happily match that. And a lot of other teams.

Zenon Konopka gets a raise of over one million dollars on his last ufa contract, Zach Parise gets a raise of only one million dollars on his contract negotiated while he was rfa

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:50 AM
  #332
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
A quick turnaround is possible next year. For that, the new management must be willing to take a few difficult decisions, and Molson must be willing to pay for players who won't play for the Habs. How?

1- Bury Gomez in the AHL.

2- Trade Kaberle and Bourque for anything you can get, even a bag of pucks. And be willing to pay parts of their salary.
I don't believe that it's acceptable under the CBA for teams to "share" salaries. Does anyone know for certain whether this can done or not?

Burying Gomez in the AHL will be a very expensive proposition. Over the next two years it would open up $14 million more in cap space in addition to the $10 or so million that Gomez would be paid.

Gomez...the $12 million per year man

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:33 AM
  #333
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Niklas Grossman says hi.

Also, if Prust goes to the FA market, then we have to sign him at all cost because he's much more skilled fighter than Staubitz and leads the league in fights with 20.
Grossman is only 27, a 4-5 year deal and hes still within his prime. Im guessing about $3.5M per.He has 152 blocked shots to go with his 164 hits and he weighs 230 lbs. Plays over 18 min per game.


Last edited by yianik: 04-05-2012 at 06:46 AM. Reason: forgot part
yianik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:55 AM
  #334
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
I don't believe that it's acceptable under the CBA for teams to "share" salaries. Does anyone know for certain whether this can done or not?

Burying Gomez in the AHL will be a very expensive proposition. Over the next two years it would open up $14 million more in cap space in addition to the $10 or so million that Gomez would be paid.

Gomez...the $12 million per year man
The only way to share salaries would be through re-entry waivers where both teams pay 50% of the salary.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:16 AM
  #335
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
First you need to look at what you have to offer...

Radulov is of limit. He is RFA. He is already stated it is Preds or Russia.

Suter will not sign with canadian team. Period.

Parise is staying put in NJ. Book it.

Habs wasn't on Nash's list this trade deadline.
The only way Parise stays in NJ is if they dump Kovalchuk. They don't have the cash to sign him, if anything they will cut payroll with the team bankrupt or on the verge of bankruptcy.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:25 AM
  #336
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
A quick turnaround is possible next year. For that, the new management must be willing to take a few difficult decisions, and Molson must be willing to pay for players who won't play for the Habs. How?

1- Bury Gomez in the AHL.

2- Trade Kaberle and Bourque for anything you can get, even a bag of pucks. And be willing to pay parts of their salary.

3- Offer our 1st round draft pick to the Panthers for Huberdeau. I'm sure we can manage to do it if we are generous and willing to add another draft pick, if necessary. Huberdeau could become our future franchise player to builld around.

4- On the UFA markets, offer big contracts to Parise, Parenteau (I'm pretty sure he ends up here anyway) and a tough defensive defenseman. Also resign Moen or better : a tough checking 4th liner who can fight.

Here's my dream team for next year. I think it has all it takes to go very far :

Parise (7,0) - Plekanec (5,0) - Parenteau (4,5)
Pacioretty (1,625) - Desharnais (0,850) - Cole (4,5)
Huberdeau (3,175) - Eller (2,3) - Gionta (5,0)
Konopka (1,750) - Leblanc (1,17) - White (0,900)


Extras : Darche (0,700), Geoffrion, Palushaj, Engqvist, Dumont

Subban (4,0) - Gorges (3,9)
Markov (5,75) - Emelin (1,7)
Tough defenseman (1,2) - Diaz (1,3)


Extras : Weber (0,850), St-Denis

Price (5,0)
Budaj (1,15)


Money we could expect to pay to afford getting rid of Kaberle and Bourque : 2 millions.

Payroll total : 65,32 millions
Salary cap (2011... hopefully higher in 2012) : 64,3 millions

I think this is not impossible. We would suddenly get a very offensive minded team that would be exciting to watch. With a bigger core of local players, as the new GM is expected to try to build. A quick turnaround like this is very possible.

I don't know for you, but personally, I really love how that team looks like!
You are massively overrating John Huberdeau, he has nice upside, but if you think he will be a franchise player you'll be disapointed. I think he has a chance to be a 1st line 70-75 point winger with the right linemates but he is small and will need a big center and RW to do a lot of the dirty work. He gets banged around in junior so the NHL with 220lbs d-men will be tough.

4.5 mil isn't a big offer for Parenteau, I'm sure the Islanders will offer him at least that as they want to keep him. I expect him to re-sign for 4.5-5.0/year and that's a home town discount. As a UFA he could get Wisniewski money.

To get Parise here the cap hit would have to be around 8 mil with a lot of money front loaded. I think he and Suter are both longshots.

I think it would be dumb to move Bourque now. People complain about asset mangement, well duming Bouque would be very poor asset mangement. He's a guy that can score 25+ and has a cheap cap hit(3.3 mil) usually guys like that cost 4.5-5 mil, plus he brings size.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:36 AM
  #337
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
First of all, I think everyone here and more likely our new GM would bury Gomez in the AHL. Other scenario are a possibility but I strongly think that this is the best for cap management and team spirit.

Kaberle is an other story. At 4.5 for the next 2 years, a hefty price for what he brought this year as a whole package, here the opinion varies. Mines is to give him a chance to play to his potential as a bottom pairing Dman playing second unit on the PP. He could be a good value if injuries multiply once again next year.

With guys like Moen, Darch, Staubitz going for UFA status, only Moen and to some extant Darch I like. Staubitz also I would like to keep or at least replace and put a guy in his role. Moen is a keeper 100% and Campoli is 100% goner IMO

Now with the players included all RFA, trades are a must. Guys like Weber, Diaz, Nokelainen, Palushaj must show better or stronger play next year and only one deserves to stay and for me, that guy is Diaz for depth.

Now comes the delaimat of Tomas Plekanec....what to do with him? Some are convinced that trading him is the solution while others think that it would be a mistake. Personally, I'm somewhere in the middle. He plays a key role but at the same time, his role has been somewhat uncertain. Gets paid like our #1 center, yet gets little to no help on the wing. Plays PP, PK and most of time a defensive role vs other team's top unit. Coming of the only year he didn't crack the 20 goals, very inconsistent this year so obviously, he needs to be reevaluated come this summer.

The rookies like Eller, Leblanc and Emelin have shown some good stuff but Leblanc imo wasn't ready this year but has progress well.

Pacioretty-DD-Cole is a keeper
???-Plekanc-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Bourque
Darch-White-Staubitz

Gorges-PK
Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-????

Price-Budaj


Last edited by otto bond: 04-05-2012 at 08:57 AM.
otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:42 AM
  #338
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why would we want another PP point man? We have tons of them. We need a slick playmaking forward to make the PP work, this year's "pass to the point and hope for a screen or rebound" startegy backfired miserably.
Erik Cole's PP goal (tipped from Plekanec point shot) perfectly highlights why I think it's important for the Habs to target a left handed point shot in free agency

Garrison happens to have a real cannon from the point...Markov + Garrison on the point next year and the Habs PP is back to being a top 5 one.

print it

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:12 AM
  #339
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Niklas Grossman says hi.

Also, if Prust goes to the FA market, then we have to sign him at all cost because he's much more skilled fighter than Staubitz and leads the league in fights with 20.
Prust is a really skilled fighter, I agree there.

But he is tiny. He can not keep guys like Lucic honest as he is too small. He fights a lot, sure and he is a good defensive player and fore checker. Prust is fortunate to play for the best team and to be in a position to succeed. I say Moen is his better (and Moen is a bigger man).

I would like to keep Moen over signing Prust. Moen can ride shotgun for Staubitz (or some other equivalent).

Anyway some Prust fights for you:








Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:33 AM
  #340
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
Prust is a really skilled fighter, I agree there.

But he is tiny. He can not keep guys like Lucic honest as he is too small. He fights a lot, sure and he is a good defensive player and fore checker. Prust is fortunate to play for the best team and to be in a position to succeed. I say Moen is his better (and Moen is a bigger man).

I would like to keep Moen over signing Prust. Moen can ride shotgun for Staubitz (or some other equivalent).
not sure what is so great about having a midget getting rick rolled every time he drops them against meaningfull opponents. If you have ever fought in your life, or have some experience watching a proper fight ... then you know this prust guy, in every fight posted here...loses control of the fight ... and is just a couple of seconds away (thanks to the refs) or one punch away from having his brain reduced to dust. How long do you think he can drop them 20+ times a season without getting severly clipped with an uppercut in the jaw ? Not interested in feeding lucic a candy every time he comes around. And the fact that he fought them - the big guys- makes it even worst ... now he is exposed and can be grabbed by chara-thornton-lucic ect ... without any apparent reasons. He's not an enforcer, he's a guy seriously looking for trouble... and imho, he's about to get some. If he makes it past the playoffs, I will be very surprised.


Last edited by THE HOFF: 04-05-2012 at 09:47 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:34 AM
  #341
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
fighting is overrated.
Turning the other cheek is overrated. It feels good to be a team again. Never again will we have a 4th line of Kostitsyn-Gomez-Palushaj.

We need a LW with major skills for the 2nd line, of course Parise would be ideal, maybe Havlat.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:34 AM
  #342
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Erik Cole's PP goal (tipped from Plekanec point shot) perfectly highlights why I think it's important for the Habs to target a left handed point shot in free agency

Garrison happens to have a real cannon from the point...Markov + Garrison on the point next year and the Habs PP is back to being a top 5 one.

print it
what difference does it make if it's a LH or RH point shot? Cole can't tip shots from Righties?

Our problem hasn't been the point on the Pp it's been the play of the forwards. With Cammlleri either sucking ass(check his PP stats) or being gone we don't have a threat from the halfboards, nor do we have any set plays down low that are dangerous. PP is oversimplified and easy to stop.

I would have no problem with Garrison, but I doubt he comes at a reasonable price. He isn't a 5 mil d-man and he is having a creer year and will probably get it as a UFA.

He would make sense for us at 2-3 years and 3.5-3.75/year but no way he comes taht cheap.


Last edited by Monctonscout: 04-05-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:38 AM
  #343
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
what difference does it make if it's a LH or RH point shot? Cole can't tip shots from Righties?

I would have no problem with Garrison, but I doubt he comes at a reasonable price. He isn't a 5 mil d-man and he is having a creer year and will probably get it as a UFA.

He would make sense for us at 2-3 years and 3.5-3.75/year but no way he comes taht cheap.
What difference does it make?

How can Markov set up a right handed shot for the one timer when he's playing his PREFERRED left point position?

It makes HUGE difference of how the PP is built...

Again...Souray, Streit, Schneider, Bergeron

all left handed point shots...

Just like the opposite is true

Last year Wisniewski would play the opposite side of Markov, on the right point to set up Subban (another right handed shot) on the left point.

There's a reason Markov/Subban hasn't worked

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:42 AM
  #344
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
not sure what is so great about having a midget getting rick rolled every time he drops them against meaningfull opponents. If you have ever fought in your life, or have some experience watching a proper fight ... then you know this prust guy, in every fight you posted ...loses control of the fight ... and is just a couple of seconds away (thanks to the refs) or one punch away from having his brain reduced to dust. How long do you think he can drop them 20+ times a season without getting severly clipped with an uppercut in the jaw ? Not interested in feeding lucic a candy every time he comes around. And the fact that he fought them - the big guys- makes it even worst ... now he is exposed and can be grabbed by chara-thornton-lucic ect ... without any apparent reasons. He's not an enforcer, he's a guy seriously looking for trouble... and imho, he's about to get some. If he makes it past the playoffs, I will be very surprised.
well ...

I think you should take another read of my post. I was saying the exact same thing you are. I was saying Moen > Prust. And that we need a guy like Staubitz.

Anyway carry on with the reading lesson.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:11 AM
  #345
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,494
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
P-A Parenteau?

Seriously?

Ugh.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:18 AM
  #346
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
What difference does it make?

How can Markov set up a right handed shot for the one timer when he's playing his PREFERRED left point position?

It makes HUGE difference of how the PP is built...

Again...Souray, Streit, Schneider, Bergeron

all left handed point shots...

Just like the opposite is true

Last year Wisniewski would play the opposite side of Markov, on the right point to set up Subban (another right handed shot) on the left point.

There's a reason Markov/Subban hasn't worked
Subban-Markov hasn't worked because markov has missed most of PK's NHL career.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:26 AM
  #347
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
P-A Parenteau?

Seriously?

Ugh.
Yeah I mean a 67 point hometown player asking for 3.2 mil a year, yuck!

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:27 AM
  #348
schwartzy
Registered User
 
schwartzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
Prust is a really skilled fighter, I agree there.

But he is tiny. He can not keep guys like Lucic honest as he is too small. He fights a lot, sure and he is a good defensive player and fore checker. Prust is fortunate to play for the best team and to be in a position to succeed. I say Moen is his better (and Moen is a bigger man).

I would like to keep Moen over signing Prust. Moen can ride shotgun for Staubitz (or some other equivalent).

Anyway some Prust fights for you:







never been a fan, but I do admire his courage. i think White is similar enough...
although not a UFA this year, Clowe is someone i would go after via trade. he is exactly what this team (and many others) need. he can virtually play on any line and in any situation. he's worth every penny.

schwartzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:28 AM
  #349
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Subban-Markov hasn't worked because markov has missed most of PK's NHL career.
They played a few games last year and this year as well, I know the sample size is small. But I haven't seen much chemistry yet.

Markov's not as comfortable on the right point, as he is on the left point...

Being on the left point opens up many more options for him...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:30 AM
  #350
lesHabitants514
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Pick up Grossman and Kubina. sign em to 3 year deals. wait for Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, etc... to develop in the AHL.

Subban-Kubina
Markov-Grossman
Emelin-Gorges

If we wanna do well next year, we work around our strengths. Support Price with these d-pairings and he'll have a career year.... IMO

Also, sign Gaustad. re-sign Moen

lesHabitants514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.