HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 1)

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Re the Manchureks I would draft them all in the rds they are rated,some scouts like the other forward,and others like the dman
Joe Manchurek is ranked an A player, meaning 3-6th rounder, taking him late second our early third even seems like a stretch unless we like the kid that high. I guess given we only have two high thirds and no fourths that we might have to reach for a kid that could go a round later if we really like him. If we get Ho-Sang and Schmaltz I guess I can't complain about reaching with one of our 3rds.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Smashhouse92

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Re the Manchureks I would draft them all in the rds they are rated,some scouts like the other forward,and others like the dman
The Manchurek rated in the Second round from what i hear could be a #2 Center in 2-3 years, His Brother who is on D should be a good #3 D-man in 2-3 years while i think the third is a winger should be a third liner but if drated think all will be on the Vipers next season i believe

Old
03-31-2012, 10:45 PM
mini2z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashhouse92 View Post
The Manchurek rated in the Second round from what i hear could be a #2 Center in 2-3 years, His Brother who is on D should be a good #3 D-man in 2-3 years while i think the third is a winger should be a third liner but if drated think all will be on the Vipers next season i believe
How many Manchurek's are in the draft? I know there is a set of twins - are these twins/triplets? You guys don't usually confuse me but this is

Old
03-31-2012, 10:59 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini2z View Post
How many Manchurek's are in the draft? I know there is a set of twins - are these twins/triplets? You guys don't usually confuse me but this is
Triplets.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Nyax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Joe Manchurek is ranked an A player, meaning 3-6th rounder, taking him late second our early third even seems like a stretch unless we like the kid that high. I guess given we only have two high thirds and no fourths that we might have to reach for a kid that could go a round later if we really like him. If we get Ho-Sang and Schmaltz I guess I can't complain about reaching with one of our 3rds.
Is it a done deal that the Spits will draft Ho-Sang? I know pretty much every mock draft has him falling to them but I still have my doubts. It doesn't sound like any of the top rated forwards want to go to the Soo, with the exception of Fabbri possibly because his dad grew up there. Does Dubas say "screw it" and just takes the best forward available(Ho-Sang) regardless if he wants to play there? It sounds like the Petes might take McCann instead of Cornel.(Quite the little debate in the draft thread) Hypothetically, if McCann is picked by the Petes and the Soo take Ho-Sang, do the Spits then go with Fabbri?

I have a hard time buying the rumours of the the Schmaltz brothers joining the Spits. It just seems like they were born to go to North Dakota with their father being an alum and everything. Hopefully I'm wrong, it would be a great coup for the team.

I guess we'll have our answers shortly. Man, I can't wait for the draft.

Last edited by Nyax: 04-01-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old
04-01-2012, 09:00 AM
mini2z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Triplets.
Thank Libbs that clears up the confusion - feel for their parents if they end up all over the place.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:20 AM
scokan

Quote:
Folks here mentioned the Spits would want to expand seating at WFCU if they got the host gig. I don't know where there would be time for that given the hosting decision will not be made until May of next year - so there would only be June, July, August next year before the season started to do the construction - and that's assuming nothing else is booked for the main bowl over the summer - music acts, cirque du soliel etc.

WFCU should get rid of the restaurant and seats there all the way up to the wall like the other end. But that's maybe 500 new seats max.
also heard part of the first bid we made for the mem -cup was the team was suppose to adress the parking situation, and possibly add a parking garage of some kind

Old
04-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Ottomatic

^I can't see them building a parking garage, but they could temporarily pave over the old Lear plan plot of land and add all the parking they'd need and even exit out on old Lauzon road for an easier exit.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:12 PM
OHLTG

People would still complain because Leer is a good 5-7 min walk in good conditions, if you walk fast. Plus, if you have to pay, people will get cranky. Is there no way to build a parking garage?

Old
04-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
People would still complain because Leer is a good 5-7 min walk in good conditions, if you walk fast. Plus, if you have to pay, people will get cranky. Is there no way to build a parking garage?
There would be no point - they couldn't build one big enough to make a difference and if they did, it would be pretty much a waste after the tournament was over.

Regarding Leer, the idea would be to lease the spot from the owner and pave it over really nice and close to the arena as possible (at the back of course). There would be no extra charge to the fans to park there.

Old
04-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Smashhouse92

Quote:
There would be no point - they couldn't build one big enough to make a difference and if they did, it would be pretty much a waste after the tournament was over.

Regarding Leer, the idea would be to lease the spot from the owner and pave it over really nice and close to the arena as possible (at the back of course). There would be no extra charge to the fans to park there.
Not really they could just add one level in the back sence they dont have enough parking anyways when they have all the pads filled because of AA,AAA,AE stuff would also eliminate the $5 Parking

Old
04-01-2012, 07:09 PM
RayzorIsDull

Isn't another concern for a Memorial Cup bid is the space for media members. As of right now where would all the media members go. There are numerous credentials granted for this event and with the arena and it's current configuration it can't fit all those media members in the arena. They can put them at the top of the arena behind the benches but they will need to give scouts a lot of credentials as well. They will probably get 2014 but there are many logistical hurdles to jump over before this becomes some reality. Raising the roof of the arena? I know it's April 1st.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Isn't another concern for a Memorial Cup bid is the space for media members. As of right now where would all the media members go. There are numerous credentials granted for this event and with the arena and it's current configuration it can't fit all those media members in the arena. They can put them at the top of the arena behind the benches but they will need to give scouts a lot of credentials as well. They will probably get 2014 but there are many logistical hurdles to jump over before this becomes some reality. Raising the roof of the arena? I know it's April 1st.
I fully agree. I was there for the U-17s and the media section was fine, but I can't imagine where they're going to put all the additional media, plus the scouts come Mem Cup time.

Old
04-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Libbs

It's not any different than any other venue. How did those smaller venues like Rimouski do it? They have a 6500 seat arena at their disposal... I don't think media logistics is going to be an issue.

Old
04-02-2012, 07:53 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
It's not any different than any other venue. How did those smaller venues like Rimouski do it? They have a 6500 seat arena at their disposal... I don't think media logistics is going to be an issue.
Rimouski actually had the space for media members believe it or not. In Brandon they had a concourse where you could see the game so at the top of every section they had huge long tables where 5-6 media members would sit and they were positioned all around the arena. The reason I brought this up is because it isn't feasible in Windsor because there isn't a concourse where you can walk around and see the game unless you count the restaurant but that's where the $$$ is for the Spitfires so putting media there would make the Spitfires less $$$. It was a huge hurdle for the 2011 bid Libbs, Mississauga had the media stuff down that was one of the areas of concern for Windsor.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Ottomatic

I hate the restaurant, it's dumb as hell - put seats in there to mirror the other side. If the media needs more room for the Mem Cup than remove the restaurant and set-up a media room here for the tourney and then put seats in there afterwards.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:53 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
I hate the restaurant, it's dumb as hell - put seats in there to mirror the other side. If the media needs more room for the Mem Cup than remove the restaurant and set-up a media room here for the tourney and then put seats in there afterwards.
The restaurant was a good idea and could have worked but it was shabbily put together as was the parking situation. Things were rushed and this is what you get. Of course since they won back to back OHL titles and filled the arena for the first 1.5years so that covered up a lot of blemishes.

Old
04-02-2012, 02:20 PM
B4IFURU18
Leafs fan in MTL

Looks like Czinder won't be back. In todays Windsor Star, Boughner is quoted in how he wants Posa and Braithwaite back but makes no mention of Czinder. Also Posa will probably be the captain next season.

http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/ho...030/story.html

Old
04-02-2012, 02:27 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4IFURU18 View Post
Looks like Czinder won't be back. In todays Windsor Star, Boughner is quoted in how he wants Posa and Braithwaite back but makes no mention of Czinder. Also Posa will probably be the captain next season.

http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/ho...030/story.html
Sounds like Braithwaite has some work to do before being an OA. Boughner wasn't exactly 100% on board with that.

Old
04-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Ottomatic

Posa as captain - I don't know about that either. He's a really religious dude and unless your are right there with him in that regard it can be off-putting. I guess he makes sense as he did play on the Mem Cup team, or was at least around it, and he is a veteran and no new wave leaders really presented themselves this year.

Posa as Captain with Khokhlachev, Rychel, Vail wearing the "A" would be my guess.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Smashhouse92

Quote:
Posa as captain - I don't know about that either. He's a really religious dude and unless your are right there with him in that regard it can be off-putting. I guess he makes sense as he did play on the Mem Cup team, or was at least around it, and he is a veteran and no new wave leaders really presented themselves this year.

Posa as Captain with Khokhlachev, Rychel, Vail wearing the "A" would be my guess.
Posa captain with Braithwaite, Koko and Vail with the 'A'. Vail hands down was are best player. Mybe they decide to go with a young guy who will be here for 2-3 more years like Vail

Last edited by Smashhouse92: 04-02-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old
04-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashhouse92 View Post
Posa captain with Braithwaite, Koko and Vail with the 'A'. Vail hands down was are best player. Mybe they decide to go with a young guy who will be here for 2-3 more years like Vail
I'd rather have the OA's wearing the A's as the lieutenants with a new wave guy wearing the C.

I don't think Kerby could ever wear the C because he's the owners son, and thus seen as "management". Part of the role of captain is acting as a go between between other players and coaches or even GM if necessary. Not saying he can't wear a letter, just not the C.

Now I'm not in the dressing rooms or around the team at all to know who the natural leaders are but from a lead by example type Vail makes the most sense given he's a hard worker, taking on the opposing teams top line, blocking shots, regular on PK, and now will be second round NHL pick so would have come cred with teammates in that he must be doing something right to be drafted so high.

I think captains need to be very good or a protector type. Because those are the types young players will gravitate to and look up to. We don't have this type of player though Bilcke is well liked but he'd need to get a regular shift and isn't even a lock to make the team next year.

Vail as Captain (second round NHL pick), Khokhlachev wearing an A (NHL second round pick), Kerby Rychel (potential NHL first round pick) and Sav Posa (OA veteran, Memorial Cup experience)

Old
04-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Libbs

Quote:

It all depends on what kind of religous person he is... from what I gather he's not the "preachy" type so really it's a non-issue.

Old
04-02-2012, 04:43 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
It all depends on what kind of religous person he is... from what I gather he's not the "preachy" type so really it's a non-issue.
Knowing Posa personally,I can say he is not the preachy type as well Libbs,would make a fine captain
I think Vail may be more suited for the run year,while Posa does it next yr
Besides if Vail still has school to do,many functions that a team captain performs is during school hours,ie PR work,school readings etc,Posa may be more available

Old
04-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Sec108

I said it on this board when Robby was traded to Sarnia, C should go to Vail next yr. with Koko and Kerby withthe A.

As for who stays as OA Im now thinking of Posa out and Czinder,Brathwaite,Findlay in.

Czinder makes room out there and is just starting to learn how to use his size,I liked what I saw from Brath def & offen, and Im reading from you guys that Findlay can put up some numbers.

As for the arena and the mem cup.The parking was poor planning for sure,the food concessions have to change from charities to real keosks run by the food vendor.Lets have one Little Caesars for example, one A&W and so forth.More like at the JOE.These charities sucked at this food serving they didnt even know which end was up and lets get a Timmies inside the arena.Its so dumb not being able to bring in your Timmes when you just bought it in the other ice pads.

Also get rid of the end restaurant and house the media there with portable seating.

Don't count your chickens yet......the Hunters are involved here

Closed Thread