HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 1)

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Tigers1992

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
London had a top pick to get Maata. Spits will have to trade up if they want one of the stars. I know the draft can be gamed, but only so much.
The import draft is pretty deep this year. Three Swedish players are expected to be in the top 20, let alone the 94's and 95's. Hagg should be there.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:11 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
As difficult as it is to find a goaltender who can get the job done, is trading Pavelka really worth Hagg? If the Spits are going to jettison Pavelka for an import they should trade up if there's any chance the forward they want isn't going to be there. If Schmaltz shows up, it becomes a crowded house back there with Hagg in the mix too because they are forced to settle on him at 15. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against retooling that blue line at all, but we need some razzle dazzle up front to partner with Ho Sang if we get him. We have guys like Schmaltz, Butcher, and Seiloff who could potentially stabilize the back end, if 2 out of the 3 show up we're golden without adding Hagg. If anything, going to Hagg would indicate Rychel isn't very sure about getting his americans to show up which would be a blow.
Never turn down talent. We are talking next year; as well no guarantee Devlin and Bateman both elevate their game and take the next step. One thing I learned is you need real good talent on the back end eg. Harrington, Tinordi and Maatta are all high level type guys. Windsor isn't approaching that yet but Hagg could certainly help make those steps. Butcher is still a year away and might still be a pipedream committed to Denver. We will know more about Seiloff and Schmaltz is a one year guy if he ever came here.

Old
04-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Ottomatic

Newspaper article today says Alonge will be out 4-6 months, he's having the same surgery as Taylor Hall is having. I guess his shoulder pops out all the time. Regardless, it's terrible timing to burn his whole off-season - I wonder if he makes the team. We're going to be deep and he was looking at stiff competition for a fourth line spot.

Old
04-03-2012, 08:51 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Newspaper article today says Alonge will be out 4-6 months, he's having the same surgery as Taylor Hall is having. I guess his shoulder pops out all the time. Regardless, it's terrible timing to burn his whole off-season - I wonder if he makes the team. We're going to be deep and he was looking at stiff competition for a fourth line spot.
Timing isn't good at all, surprised he never got anything done on the shoulder for 18 months. This certainly helps a guy like Hunter Smith who was probably in competition with Alonge.

Old
04-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Libbs

I think the 4th line will consist of Studnika/Smith/Bilcke/Alonge. Regardless of who's coming in. If one of our guys, say Clarke, is bumped out of the top 9, wouldn't it make more sense to trade him for other assets? He might be worth more to us in a trade than rotting away on the 4th line.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Timing isn't good at all, surprised he never got anything done on the shoulder for 18 months. This certainly helps a guy like Hunter Smith who was probably in competition with Alonge.
It's tricky though. Surgery 18 mos ago means he doesn't make the Spits. Surgery at the beginning of the season when he wasn't playing well probably writes him off. He started earning a regular shift in the last third of the season and probably didn't want to hurt that momentum.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I think the 4th line will consist of Studnika/Smith/Bilcke/Alonge. Regardless of who's coming in. If one of our guys, say Clarke, is bumped out of the top 9, wouldn't it make more sense to trade him for other assets? He might be worth more to us in a trade than rotting away on the 4th line.
I think the 4th line will be Studnicka, Second Round Pick and one of Alonge/Bilcke/Smith.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Libbs

Quote:
I think the 4th line will be Studnicka, Second Round Pick and one of Alonge/Bilcke/Smith.
Either way. With the possibility of Findlay coming in and already having Koko and Vail down the middle. It will force Clarke out of a job and his value might allow us to get that goalie if Pavelka is moved to make room for F/D Import selection.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Either way. With the possibility of Findlay coming in and already having Koko and Vail down the middle. It will force Clarke out of a job and his value might allow us to get that goalie if Pavelka is moved to make room for F/D Import selection.
While I agree and floated something similar in the past - what happen the next year when Koko and Finlay are gone and we have Vail and then bupkis unless we move Johnson to center or Maletta can play there or something to center our second line.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:43 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Findlay also can play RW

Old
04-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Spitsfan191

if all the cards fall in place, anyone think theres a shot Rychel tries to trade for Matt Puempel? legit top liner, pure goal scorer and could help put Windsor over the top next year

Old
04-03-2012, 11:55 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan191 View Post
if all the cards fall in place, anyone think theres a shot Rychel tries to trade for Matt Puempel? legit top liner, pure goal scorer and could help put Windsor over the top next year
Good question never considered that one,although I think they are building towards 2013/2014,and while I am sure they want to be much better next yr not sure of what they have to give up

Old
04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan191 View Post
Nice thought if he was going to be around for a possible Memorial Cup I would be on board but that doesn't seem to be the case but since Dave Reid gave away Austin Watson for a box of popcorn who knows.

Old
04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
SpItFiReZ

Ho Sang was in Windsor over the weekend again with his agent, family and brass of the Spitfires. Had the private room at Riverside Keg and were in there for 3-4 hours. Rychel has alot of his acquistions, signings etc at The Keg's.

Doesn't mean much but this would be the 2nd or 3rd visit I believe.

Old
04-03-2012, 12:38 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
It's tricky though. Surgery 18 mos ago means he doesn't make the Spits. Surgery at the beginning of the season when he wasn't playing well probably writes him off. He started earning a regular shift in the last third of the season and probably didn't want to hurt that momentum.
When the guy has the shoulder come out on a hit, goes into the room, comes back out, and does everything while not using that shoulder, I give him huge credit. The only reason he left the final game was because he was hit so hard by Tinordi (I believe) that he had no choice. It was the final straw, so to speak.

As for Puempel, I'd take him in a heart-beat. Wonder if he could be had for Clark + ??

Old
04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
4 Bobby ORR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Nice thought if he was going to be around for a possible Memorial Cup I would be on board but that doesn't seem to be the case but since Dave Reid gave away Austin Watson for a box of popcorn who knows.
More than likely 2012-13 will be his last year in the O. But it would be nice to bring him home for his final year.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Spitsfan191

the only reason I ask about Puempel is due to the fact he's missed significant time with injury. if Ottawa knew he had a shot to play in the memorial cup they may send him back to the O instead of the A

Old
04-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Bobby ORR View Post
More than likely 2012-13 will be his last year in the O. But it would be nice to bring him home for his final year.
Not at the cost of getting him.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Libbs

spits obtain Sarnia's 3rd in '12 and 10th in '13 for 2 5ths in '12

Im guessing WR will package 2 of those 3rds for a 2nd.

Last edited by Libbs: 04-03-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old
04-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Smashhouse92

Quote:
Not at the cost of getting him.
we have a few young guys we could look at trading. i keep hearing Morrison is the Guy WR wants maybe he trys to get him and Puempel in a big trade before the season. my guess would be that Clarke would be one part going there and in the last few years we have made a few trades with Peterbrough

Old
04-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Smashhouse92

Quote:
spits obtain Sarnia's 3rd in '12 and 10th in '13 for 2 5ths in '12

Im guessing WR will package 2 of those 3rds for a 2nd.
Would be my guess and most likley its to get Joe Manchurek

Old
04-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Ottomatic

I think there would have to be players involved down the line - two fifths don't make a 3rd and a 10th.

We have three thirds now - no fourths and no fifths? If that's the case I don't know if we do try and trade up into the second.

If Nick Schmaltz isn't taken in the first, no team would take him in the second because they really screw over the kid and themselves in that they can't trade him for a year and the don't get a compensation pick. So they piss the kid off and he doesn't report than come next year when they could trade him he'd only be one more season from college hockey so would probably say "screw you".

Old
04-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashhouse92 View Post
we have a few young guys we could look at trading. i keep hearing Morrison is the Guy WR wants maybe he trys to get him and Puempel in a big trade before the season. my guess would be that Clarke would be one part going there and in the last few years we have made a few trades with Peterbrough
If there is a big trade with Petes we should flip flop import picks with them - get the 9th and give up 15th.

Old
04-03-2012, 04:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
If there is a big trade with Petes we should flip flop import picks with them - get the 9th and give up 15th.
Yeah trade Pavelka and our Euro pick to Peterborough for D'agostini and their Euro Pick
instead of Morrison who would be an O/a

Old
04-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Ottomatic

Picks work out to Windsor trading #88 and #89 for pick #60 and 2013 10th rounder. We have picks #5, #41, #45, #47 and #60 now. And then don't have a pick to the 6th round.

Closed Thread