HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Another NYR/DAL Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Onion Boy

vCash: 500
Another NYR/DAL Proposal

No alcohol involved in this one:

To DAL: Karel Rachunek and Jamie Lundmark

To NYR: Niko Kapanen, Jaroslav Svoboda, Joel Lundqvist

Thoughts?

Also, I know Tom Poti's stock has fallen, but would any teams want him for, say, a 3rd round pick?

Old
11-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599

Thoughts?

Also, I know Tom Poti's stock has fallen, but would any teams want him for, say, a 3rd round pick?
I don't think Dallas goes anywhere near this one, Rachunek is ok, but Lundmark looks an awful lot like spare parts right now.

Poti, boy, I don't know if you could get anything for him. I used to have pretty high expectations for Tom, but I don't think he's really capable of putting it all together afterall.

Old
11-12-2004, 11:27 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
it's actually a pretty solid deal IMO, lundmark can still inject some youth and potential for the loss of niko kapanen and ufa signee jaro svoboda. dallas acquires a solid goalie prospect to replace bacas..... (can't spell it), and also receives a young zubov clone (imo) and from the rangers again to boot..

i think it's solid

Old
11-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
it's actually a pretty solid deal IMO, lundmark can still inject some youth and potential for the loss of niko kapanen and ufa signee jaro svoboda. dallas acquires a solid goalie prospect to replace bacas..... (can't spell it), and also receives a young zubov clone (imo) and from the rangers again to boot..

i think it's solid
I'd rahter keep Rachunek and Lundy for one more season. Lundy supposedly has bulked up a bit and wants to play more physical like his old WHL self.

We'll see.

Old
11-12-2004, 11:43 PM
andora

actually, to reply to you reveille, as the rangers in this trade, i agree keep rachunek. as an overall bystander that doesn't really favor either team, it is a decent deal imo.

of course i am a fan of all players (except lundqvist, as i've never seen him play, only have what i've read)

Old
11-13-2004, 12:21 AM
FLYLine24*

I think we DO need to get rid of Lundmark while his stock is kinda still high..cause once the league finds out hes an entire flop...then hes will have little trade value. I would love Niko on the Rangers.

Old
11-13-2004, 12:25 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
I'd rahter keep Rachunek and Lundy for one more season. Lundy supposedly has bulked up a bit and wants to play more physical like his old WHL self.

We'll see.
Lund bulk up? Well Maybe but he doesnt seem very SERIOUS about getting his skills better by playing in...a leauge in ITALY. Wow some COMPETITION there Jamie...hes like 2nd in points...that shows the league is a joke. I think he understands hes not going to be what they predicted him 2 be and now hes given up. We dont need that on the rangers. He should have played in hartford NO QUESTIONS ask but nope..he needed much much easier competiton.

Old
11-13-2004, 01:29 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Would have no problems with this deal..

We receive a young yet established top 4 blueliner for a 3rd line center who should be replaced by Yared Hagos in the near future. Svoboda for Lundmark is a wash, while Lundqvist is a decent prospect, but not much else.

Old
11-13-2004, 01:48 AM
Twist and Shout

Quote:
dallas acquires a solid goalie prospect to replace bacas.....
Who's going to replace Bacashihua?

Old
11-13-2004, 08:26 AM
Kubera55

Quote:
27-year-old All-Stars for 3rd round picks? Seriously?

Woo hoo! With all the Rangers 2nd round picks they can trade for a team of the ages....

*shoots self in head*

Can you imagine if someone offered a low draft pick for Dan Boyle? Or Derek Morris? Or Kim Johnson? Tomas Kaberle? Those are all very valid value-comparisons to Poti, and none of those teams are on their knees trying to give their good young players away.

Old
11-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubera55
Can you imagine if someone offered a low draft pick for Dan Boyle? Or Derek Morris? Or Kim Johnson? Tomas Kaberle? Those are all very valid value-comparisons to Poti, and none of those teams are on their knees trying to give their good young players away.
No, they really aren't.

Old
11-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Pepper

Quote:

Thoughts?

Clearly favors Dallas IMHO, so I don't expect Sather to pull trigger on that one.

Old
11-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubera55
27-year-old All-Stars for 3rd round picks? Seriously?
In fairness, Poti was named to the All-Star team because Leetch was injured, much like York was named when Lindros was out.

Also, comparing Poti to Johnson, Morris, and Boyle is a little excessive don't you think. If you want we could keep Poti until the '06 trade deadline and then deal him for a 2nd round pick + average prospect a la the Malakhov deal. Either way, you'd be kidding yourself if this is a player you want to hold on to long-term.

Old
11-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
dallas acquires a solid goalie prospect to replace bacas..... (can't spell it).
I think you're confusing Joel Lundqvist with Henrik Lundqvist. Joel is a forward who plays on the same team as Henrik but is Dallas property. That's why in my deal I have him coming from Dallas to the Rangers (they're brothers).

Old
11-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Kubera55

Quote:
In fairness, Poti was named to the All-Star team because Leetch was injured, much like York was named when Lindros was out.

Also, comparing Poti to Johnson, Morris, and Boyle is a little excessive don't you think. If you want we could keep Poti until the '06 trade deadline and then deal him for a 2nd round pick + average prospect a la the Malakhov deal. Either way, you'd be kidding yourself if this is a player you want to hold on to long-term.
No. He's a player I want to hold onto for one more season, during which he'll be used appropriately as a PP QB, he'll play 25 minutes a night, he'll score 10 goals and about 50 points, and he'll keep his +/- right around even on what's sure to be an awful NYR team. Then I want to trade the 28-year-old for value, instead of short-sightedly trading him when his stock is at an all-time low (now) because his GM/HC took away all his PP time last year and gave it to a totally inept Alex Kovalev.

As for the Boyle, Morris, Kaberle, and Johnson comparisons, I stand by them. Poti has played for some awful NYR teams, and some less than spectacular EDM ones before he left. He always scores about 10 goals, he always keeps his +/- about even (even though he's played 20 minutes a night or better for NY for the last two years) and if he's given his PP minutes, he racks up the assists. Johnson's better defensively, but older and smaller. Morris has only one season on production par with Poti, and his +/- was only better because he was playing for a great Avs team. Boyle is faster, but also smaller, and TOR fans have all the same complaints about Kaberle that NYR fans do ... all in all you can make an argument that any one of them is better or worse than Poti. But it's a mater of degree, not order of magnitude. And no one is offering those guys for crappy draft picks.

Old
11-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:

Thoughts?

I'd do it...we get a solid young defenseman and somewhat of a project, while losing a 3rd line center who can be replaced in a year or so by Hagos. Svoboda and Lundmark are both projects, and Lundqvist is decent, although his poor skating will probably keep him from ever being anything more than a 3rd liner..but he's Henrik's brother, so its obvious why NYR would want him .

Old
11-13-2004, 02:00 PM
andora

Quote:
I think you're confusing Joel Lundqvist with Henrik Lundqvist. Joel is a forward who plays on the same team as Henrik but is Dallas property. That's why in my deal I have him coming from Dallas to the Rangers (they're brothers).

sorry folks, i did mix that up...

Old
11-14-2004, 12:05 AM
Onion Boy

Any other thoughts, even though I'm a Ranger fan I'm curious what other Ranger fans think.

Old
11-24-2004, 11:23 PM
BuppY

Old
11-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
?

Old
11-27-2004, 05:48 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

What would it take from Dallas to get Hugh Jessiman?

Old
11-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Kubera55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Too much to make it worthwhile.

The Rangers have very few top-line level prospects, particularly ones with size. In order to move Jessiman the Rangers would have to get someone with a similar skill set, i.e., another young top-line-talent PF. They simply don't have enough prospects like him to let him go for anything else.

But why would Dallas trade a young PF for a guy who had a dissapointing post-draft year, and is currently out injured? Wouldn't make any sense from either side.

Old
11-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
They're VERY high on him.

So, a lot.

Closed Thread