HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

'96 for 2012 ohl draft prospects (Part 3)

Old
03-30-2012, 04:14 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Not sure if Hosang fits the size criteria that Dubas supposedly covets but McCann and Dal Colle do,however as I stated before with an agitated fan base in the Sault does he take the most skilled player ie Hosang
The fact Windsor picks after the Hounds muddies the waters as the fans dont seem to be in a forgiving mood about the Campbell trade and it would not look good if the player the spits take turns out better then the Hounds
Could be interesting

Hey, if everybody says that Ho Sang will change and show the star that he is, then what better place than the SOO. Far away from the Big City Lights, and all the disturbances. He can focus on strictly hockey, and I would believe it would be a very good thing for his hockey career, and would be great for the Soo to lift their spirits, to get possibly, the 2nd best talent in the draft.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:14 PM
zaluty

Could Fabbri fall to #9?

zaluty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:15 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
Could Fabbri fall to #9?
Very Highly Unlikely.

Old
03-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
*****************NEWS FLASH******************************

Since I was the first who posted that Ho Sang would fall to possibly 5th , and all the veteran bloggers (you know who you are- LOL), cursed and condemned me

I have heard another rumour that Fabbri might not be going to the SOO. I heard it from 2 very reliable sources. 1 source knows the ins and outs of the game very well, and the other actually spoke to Fabbri. Just a rumour confirmed by 2 sources, which I would consider very reliable.

If that is the case, than who will go 4th to the Soo? McCann or HO Sang? Or maybe Dal Colle is back in the picture?
We know that Dubas wants a Centreman, and preferably a bigger centreman.

Any thoughts out there?

I was right the first time, and may be 2 for 2. LOL
If it's not Fabbri, it's McCann. I have to believe the top of the draft has been decided and Ho-Sang knows where he's going and he was in Windsor for Game #2 of the play-offs.

If Dubas does take Josh, Spits take McCann without batting an eye.

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Hey, if everybody says that Ho Sang will change and show the star that he is, then what better place than the SOO. Far away from the Big City Lights, and all the disturbances. He can focus on strictly hockey, and I would believe it would be a very good thing for his hockey career, and would be great for the Soo to lift their spirits, to get possibly, the 2nd best talent in the draft.
I wouldn't put him near Nicky Cousins though.

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
Could Fabbri fall to #9?
No chance...if he is there at 6 then Guelph will take him. The top 6 are an elite group this year. There is some separatiuon between those 6 and the next group.

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
Actually if I was to gamble on a goalie I would go with Sinclair from Hamilton. I think he has got the essentials, but again I would never waste an early round on a goalie unless he was a stand out, game in and game out.
Very inconsistant 5'9 goaltender. Hes rated by OHL Central Scouting as a late round pick. Tobe fair to him, Im not sure hes in Herbst league.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:59 PM
plasticmolder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Very inconsistant 5'9 goaltender. Hes rated by OHL Central Scouting as a late round pick. Tobe fair to him, Im not sure hes in Herbst league.
O.k if anybody out there give us a sleeper pick, all you talk about are the first 4 team in the g and top teams in the o and top team on the alliance.

You mean nobody from the JRcanadiens and Toronto Red wings, or bramton will get drafted.???? Thats the exciting part of the draft

plasticmolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 05:08 PM
plasticmolder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
I would have thought that to play a "shut-down" role in the OHL you need to be a bigger d-man, no?

Prappevissis is not a big kid, but of course he is only 16. His older brother at Bemidji State has filled out pretty well at 6'1" 195lbs.
Well wasn/t this the only Dman not taken from the rebels and not in the prospects ...what do you think of that.
I'm not saying he should of been there but others should have been .

plasticmolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 06:12 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
I agree with you totally but if you saw the OHL Cup final , it was the Liam Herbst show.
I could see a team picking him in the first round. I would not be surprised nor would i think the team who picks him, would be making a mistake. In the OHL cup, Herbst was dialed in yes and intimidated teams into making the perfect shot. The Marlboros passed up many good scoring opportunities in the final because they werent sure if they could score. They looked for the perfect shot. Herbst to me was elite all season long. He is so big and quick and CALM, excellent reflexes. I wouldnt be surprised to see him representing Canada at the World Juniors in a few years thats how good i think he is. No goalie in the GTHL was close. I think he could be a star, very high ceiling. I think he can contribute in the OHL right away.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 06:17 PM
mapleleaf979

Players who I like who i havent seen much of Evan Smith, Brayden St.Germaine , Brent MOran, Trevor Abbott, Trevor Dulong, Zac Tierney, Connor Cobbold, Owen Mcdade, Alex Peters, Anthony Kotsovos. Id want all these guys on my team.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 03-30-2012 at 06:24 PM.
mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:07 PM
justhockey
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
No chance...if he is there at 6 then Guelph will take him. The top 6 are an elite group this year. There is some separatiuon between those 6 and the next group.
Not sure I agree. I don't think there's any separation. This year's 96 OHL draft appears to be very strong and deep. I will go out on a "limb" and say that some of the players discussed may NOT have as much pro potential as others. On that note I wouldn't mind getting feedback on which players have the most/best pro potential in the OHL 96 draft? I know it's premature. but still interested in some feedback.

justhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:08 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Players who I like who i havent seen much of Evan Smith, Brayden St.Germaine , Brent MOran, Trevor Abbott, Trevor Dulong, Zac Tierney, Connor Cobbold, Owen Mcdade, Alex Peters, Anthony Kotsovos. Id want all these guys on my team.
Agreed, the top 5 rounds mock had no Cobbold at all! Was shocked at that.

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:33 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
*****************NEWS FLASH******************************

Since I was the first who posted that Ho Sang would fall to possibly 5th , and all the veteran bloggers (you know who you are- LOL), cursed and condemned me

I have heard another rumour that Fabbri might not be going to the SOO. I heard it from 2 very reliable sources. 1 source knows the ins and outs of the game very well, and the other actually spoke to Fabbri. Just a rumour confirmed by 2 sources, which I would consider very reliable.

If that is the case, than who will go 4th to the Soo? McCann or HO Sang? Or maybe Dal Colle is back in the picture?
We know that Dubas wants a Centreman, and preferably a bigger centreman.

Any thoughts out there?

I was right the first time, and may be 2 for 2. LOL
Yes you were correct, good call LOL. I still don't believe it is the right decision to pass on Hosang. His upside is just fantastic and would be an absolute steal at 5. Dubas holds the key to this draft. There is a lot of talk between McCann, Fabbri and Dal Colle at 4. The consensus among OHL scouts is that Dubas will select Fabbri @ 4. If Fabbri isn't selected look for McCann at 4. Fabbri would definitely report as he has family that lives in that area. I like Dal Colle at this position but would he report?

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:55 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Yes you were correct, good call LOL. I still don't believe it is the right decision to pass on Hosang. His upside is just fantastic and would be an absolute steal at 5. Dubas holds the key to this draft. There is a lot of talk between McCann, Fabbri and Dal Colle at 4. The consensus among OHL scouts is that Dubas will select Fabbri @ 4. If Fabbri isn't selected look for McCann at 4. Fabbri would definitely report as he has family that lives in that area. I like Dal Colle at this position but would he report?
I think that Soo would pick HO Sang or Dal Colle before McCann. Dubas would take Ho Sang to turn over the apple cart.

Dal Colle would be their first pick in my serious opinion, but I dont know if he will report.

I think McCann's agent has had enough with the teams in the North, and wont send McCann to the Soo.

My 2 sources said that Fabbri not going to the Soo.

THUS IT SEEMS LIKE A REAL MESS AT THE #4 SPOT. NO CERTAINTY AT THIS POINT.

Old
03-31-2012, 03:01 AM
NorthernOntario

Quote:
I think that Soo would pick HO Sang or Dal Colle before McCann. Dubas would take Ho Sang to turn over the apple cart.

Dal Colle would be their first pick in my serious opinion, but I dont know if he will report.

I think McCann's agent has had enough with the teams in the North, and wont send McCann to the Soo.

My 2 sources said that Fabbri not going to the Soo.

THUS IT SEEMS LIKE A REAL MESS AT THE #4 SPOT. NO CERTAINTY AT THIS POINT.
Are your sources saying Fabbri won't report or Dubas would pass on him? Unless something has changed, I spoke to his dad who insisted the kid would unequivably go to the Soo. The Greyhounds have to get this right...Curcurruto (2010) has to be considered a bit of a disappointment at this point and Beukeboom (2009) an absolute BUST....I honestly believe McKeown is better RIGHT NOW than Nurse, so this year's pick has to be 100% bang on.

NorthernOntario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:15 AM
Gensfan9

Quote:
Could Fabbri fall to #9?
I hope! that's where i have him being picked.

Gensfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 06:28 AM
defensehockey19

How big is Cornel? Does he use his size to his advantage? And i know he plays a playmaking style but can he put the puck in the net also? Petes lack true snipers.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:07 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhockey View Post
Not sure I agree. I don't think there's any separation. This year's 96 OHL draft appears to be very strong and deep. I will go out on a "limb" and say that some of the players discussed may NOT have as much pro potential as others. On that note I wouldn't mind getting feedback on which players have the most/best pro potential in the OHL 96 draft? I know it's premature. but still interested in some feedback.
McDavid, Ho-Sang, Mckeown, McCann, Cornel, Middleton(will take a while), Hargrave, Di Perna...... As for goalies id say probably Herbst if he works on lateral quickness and maybe Moran.

I'd' add in Dal Colle if he gets his skating down.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
How big is Cornel? Does he use his size to his advantage? And i know he plays a playmaking style but can he put the puck in the net also? Petes lack true snipers.
Cornell is playmaker. Pass first type of player which is good because Ritchie is a shooter. Just need someone on the right wing with them now

Petes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:29 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
Cornell is playmaker. Pass first type of player which is good because Ritchie is a shooter. Just need someone on the right wing with them now
Euro draft! And I guess Nosad will be more of a 2nd/3rd line type eh?

Cornel and Ritchie may turn out to be one hell of a duo. I hope we take forwards in the euro draft and 2nd round of the OHL draft to compliment them though.

Last edited by defensehockey19: 03-31-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old
03-31-2012, 08:37 AM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhockey View Post
Actually talking with scouts their enthousiasm about the depth of the draft this year is not only on the immediate talent (game ready) available- most of which will likely all be done with in the first round- but with the depth in potential of so many players, especially in the D spots. Scouts are amazed with some of the pure talent, skating, energy and hockey intelligence many of these kids poccess. The question remains, which one will fill out physically and as importantly might gain an inch or two in next year. Should make for some interesting choices come April 7th.

Arsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Euro draft! And I guess Nosad will be more of a 2nd/3rd line type eh?

Cornel and Ritchie may turn out to be one hell of a duo. I hope we take forwards in the euro draft and 2nd round of the OHL draft to compliment them though.
Nosad is going to play with Quine

Old
03-31-2012, 08:45 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
Nosad is going to play with Quine
Puempel-Quine-Nosad
Ritchie-Cornel-Euro

Interesting.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Puempel-Quine-Nosad
Ritchie-Cornel-Euro

Interesting.
nice. I like that. Providing that Puempel doesn't stick next year with Ottawa. Might not be a Euro either could be a trade. But they will have to address losing Lino and find a 60 point player for the wing. The 2nd round pick should be interesting need to address the future for when Cornell and Ritchie are in the NHL draft status. Dman or a power forward. Team lacks toughness and haven't had anyone to stir things up since Kaleta