HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hejduk Considering Retirement

Old
04-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
That would require him to spend a lot of time in Europe.

He wants to stay in Denver, near his family.

I don't see it as a good fit.
not to mention, I doubt they make enough money to make Hejduk interested..

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

Let him have a year or two with his family, then start looking a place for him in the organization

Qurpiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurpiz View Post
Let him have a year or two with his family, then start looking a place for him in the organization
that's probably what will happend . They will give him time away from Hockey so that he can fully recharge his batteries and be ready for a future new challenge.

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

I don't think he'll retire this season, he's so close to 1000 games played I think he would want to reach that mark before he retires. That silver stick is pretty awesome you know.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:48 AM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurpiz View Post
What position in the organization would be a good fit? Just wondering.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

If he's going to keep the 'C', then I think he should probably hand 'em up. His numbers BEFORE and AFTER are absolutely staggering. [He was on-track for 34 goals before being given the captaincy or something like that]

If the Avs name Lando or O'Reilly captain, then I wouldn't mind if he came back for another year, I think he might have a resurgence and could be a good scorer again. The guy has had good chemistry with Stastny, Duchene AND O'Reilly at some point in the past 3 years...I can't imagine that's completely gone.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:42 AM
The Kingslayer

Weird that he could be ending his career the same we he started it with 14 goals. I hope he scores a few more for the home town fans if this is indeed his last games.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Weird that he could be ending his career the same we he started it with 14 goals. I hope he scores a few more for the home town fans if this is indeed his last games.
I think it's DOUBLE HAT TRICK TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:32 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

After reading that article, maybe Hejduk isn't ready to hang em up yet. IMO, if the Avs want him back he'll come back.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:42 PM
avs1dacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
After reading that article, maybe Hejduk isn't ready to hang em up yet. IMO, if the Avs want him back he'll come back.
I don't think he is either. But if he's not able to contribute offensively(50+ points), I think he may call it a day. At the same time, he's 5th on the team in goals(Landeskog 22, Stastny 20, Jones 19, O'Reilly 18, Hejduk 14...this excludes MgGinn who has 20 between SJ and Colorado) and 4th in points with 37. This almost points to it being the team, not the individual. But with how he's played this year, who knows if he could even bring it next year if he wanted to come back.

avs1dacup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:50 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Eurolanche interview with Hejda and what he said about Hejduk's possible retirement/re-signing. It's not much but I thought I would share it.

http://eurolanche.com/article.php?id=1299

Quote:
How it looks like with Milan Hejduk?

I think he has taste for the playing. According to what I have heard, it depends now on the team if they will make offer for him. We will see if the coach will want. It would be shame to have not had him there. He has many experiences. It does not mean he will not score 20 goals again, when he did not do it one time.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:38 PM
avsme

from Czech newspapers 4/13/12

Denver Post newspaper recently wrote that you will end career. What do you think?
I have never expressed in a similar spirit that I will end with hockey. So I do not know how it started, it's more journalistic rumors. Personally I'll wait and see what are the options. If any, I will continue. If non then I will probably retire.
Would you like to stay in Colorado?
I think that they will not sign me. For unknown reasons, I have lost the confidence of the coach, he gave me little opportunity to play. And I think that the coach will sign at least five years (meanwhile got mentioned coach Joe Sacco two-year contract extension).
Played a role in your chronic knee injury?
It was a pretty good season. If it stayed like that, it would not be all bad.

avsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 12:14 AM
PeterTheGreat

Not sure how credible that newspaper is.

Sacco lost confidence in you and didnt give you enough opportunity? What?! Sure maybe for the last 10 or so games you played on the fourth line but if it was any other coach he'd have been there a lot sooner. He was playing horribly for a LONG time and was still with Lando and Radar for the most part.

Sounds like he may want to play again but the Avs want to close the chapter on the old regime. Sad but probably for the best.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 12:16 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
What position in the organization would be a good fit? Just wondering.
Shooting coach.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 01:05 AM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Not sure how credible that newspaper is.

Sacco lost confidence in you and didnt give you enough opportunity? What?! Sure maybe for the last 10 or so games you played on the fourth line but if it was any other coach he'd have been there a lot sooner. He was playing horribly for a LONG time and was still with Lando and Radar for the most part.

Sounds like he may want to play again but the Avs want to close the chapter on the old regime. Sad but probably for the best.
It doesn't sound like something Hejduk would say so I don't know if I believe it.

Old
04-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsme View Post
Denver Post newspaper recently wrote that you will end career. What do you think?
I have never expressed in a similar spirit that I will end with hockey. So I do not know how it started, it's more journalistic rumors. Personally I'll wait and see what are the options. If any, I will continue. If non then I will probably retire.
I think that they will not sign me. For unknown reasons, I have lost the confidence of the coach, he gave me little opportunity to play. And I think that the coach will sign at least five years (meanwhile got mentioned coach Joe Sacco two-year contract extension).
Total BS.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsme View Post
This is not true...

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Drij

Yea even I can makes stuff up without a link.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Yea even I can makes stuff up without a link.
There is a link for it, but that doesn't add any validity to it.

Old
04-27-2012, 04:53 PM
donkers*

Completely fake. No hockey player has ever been that unprofessional. Not even Avery.

donkers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Was that the Dater guy again? He doesn't know anything about our team. Is always trying to get me to say something while he's dressed up in some weird Gene Simmons costume.

Does the pope wear underwear?

Habla Espanol?

Bonzai12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:20 PM
avsme

http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokejovy-utocn...2434_hokej_lge

What exactly can not be true in this article ?

I'm not sure about validity of this article, but the newspaper is very legit (as well as NHL articles).

avsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Avs71

Well he is still in talks with the Avs according to Dater.
Quote:
What’s going on with Milan Hejduk’s situation?
Not a whole lot in tangible terms. But this much I know: there is an ongoing dialogue between him and the team still at least.

Hejduk, the Avs’ 36-year-old captain who suffered through a terrible second half, would like to return for another season. If not with the Avs – which is his overwhelming preference – I’m told there is a chance he’d consider, gulp, signing with another team when/if he becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1.
-Dater

Not sure how I feel about him coming back. I sort of wanted to see the 'C' go to a different player. However, if the contract was low enough to allow the Avs to be active in free agency, and healthy scratching him was an option because he wasn't the captain, why not. Doubt the Duke would go for that though.

Avs71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:15 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

The best thing would be that Hejduk retires but if he doesn't want to retire then it wouldn't hurt to bring him back as a 4th liner just please don't let him finish his career with another team. Plus if Landy does end up being captain then it gives the Avs another year to wait before they give the captaincy to Landy.

Old
05-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

If he does decide to come back it should be with the Avs, the thought of him wearing another teams colours make me sick in my stomach.