05-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Who were the Jets 1.0 AHL Affiliates??
Like the Moncton Hawks.

According to Wikapedia they won the third round in 1993/94 so I answered my own question.

Old
05-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Moncton Hawks, Sherbrooke Jets..

Old
05-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Alternatively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Awesome for the fans in St. Johns.

I thought Kulda played a great game tonight.
I also thought he was a huge difference maker. Thought he should have gotten a Star, but oh well. Some real sound defence tonight (not from Postma at the end though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
Eddie Eddie Eddie
"Eddie's Better!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
He'll find a local Dunkin Donuts and cuddle up with a codfish for comfort.
Best he can find is a Tim's. Or Chess' fee and chee

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I'd be up for doing one if the mods are cool with it.
I'd also love to do one!

Old
05-12-2012, 09:19 PM
IceCapsFanNL

I just got home, the phone died with a couple of minutes left in the game, what a finish!!! Place went wild!!!!

This was the first game seven win in St. John's AHL history!!!

Old
05-12-2012, 09:20 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Big part of the game for the Caps was they were hitting a lot more than usual

Old
05-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

I am happy for the Caps. I wish they were named the Moose, but what the heck. The Norfolk Admirals were a record-setting team this year and will be a stiff test.

I really wish these games were on CBC!

Links:

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1009846

http://theahl.com/icecaps-moving-on-p177499

Old
05-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
I am happy for the Caps. I wish they were named the Moose, but what the heck. The Norfolk Admirals were a record-setting team this year and will be a stiff test.

I really wish these games were on CBC!
I just dislike the name because it makes me think of tim hortons drinks and that they're the Washington Capitals farm team.

But whatever, it is what it is, and I'm happy to see them doing well. I'd trade a potential Calder Cup for an NHL team any day.

I actually wonder, if they were still the moose, and still the farm team of the Canucks, would they be doing as well? I don't know. The fact that True North is so on top of everything makes me very optimistic for the future.

Glad they won, and hope to see a Calder Cup win for St John's.

Old
05-12-2012, 11:26 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I'd be up for doing one if the mods are cool with it.
The other thread, 'Playoff Fever in St. John's', got locked because they wanted to keep it in one thread.

Old
05-12-2012, 11:53 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
No Scheff in line up again in the Ice Caps win, is he injured or scratched?

Old
05-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
No Scheff in line up again in the Ice Caps win, is he injured or scratched?
Scratched along with Klingberg. Neither were impressive this series. Was a smart move by McCambridge to put in Clark. He provided a lot of energy and hustle tonight, something which was missing in that lethargic mess that was Game 6.

Faceoffs were a huge issue for the IceCaps during this series. I saw all the games in St. John's and we won maybe 30% of all draws. That was probably another factor in why Scheifele was sat for Rosa (who admittedly didn't fare much better).

Brett Festerling is a fantastic shutdown defenceman. Be sure to re-sign him this summer. He and Kulda are a very effective pairing.

Postma's aggressiveness came back to bite him a few times tonight. He needs to learn when and when not to pinch. With the puck on his stick he's a very effective puck-rushing defenceman. Skates like the wind, reminds me a lot of Jake Gardiner in that facet of his game. Yet without the puck, he has a lot of improvement to do. It's weird because he has so much poise and patience when the puck is on his stick, but no patience when the opposition is closing in on him. Luckily that sort of thing is teachable, he has all the athletic skills to become an NHL regular.

Last note: Raymond Sawada is awesome. The guy just parks himself in front of the net and causes a ruckus.

Last edited by Duke Silver: 05-13-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old
05-13-2012, 12:55 AM
mondo3

Just another indication that he's probably 2 years away from joining the Jets.

Old
05-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Hey guys, feel free to create GDT's for the 'Caps games. Not much else going on here at the moment.

05-13-2012, 02:08 AM
trouty

This will be the first ever semi final any St.John's team has played in 21 years,including the 1991-1992 calder cup finalist,as they had a bye to the final and hence never played

I hope Oklahoma goes thru only Leaf fans want this made up bs rivalry with the Marlies in the finals,so they can down what little pride they have left wearing their Leaf jersey and rooting against the Caps,or people who cant let the fact that MLSE pulled the team out,and still want closure.I hear more about the Marlies then Icecaps and that illusion of them in finals,fact is not 1 player,1 trainer,1 coach any management is even their that pulled them out,so its a dumb reason for a rivalry.I hope the sked comes out and them and Hamilton are taken off and add in the other 2 eastern teams

Old
05-13-2012, 05:10 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
This will be the first ever semi final any St.John's team has played in 21 years,including the 1991-1992 calder cup finalist,as they had a bye to the final and hence never played

I hope Oklahoma goes thru only Leaf fans want this made up bs rivalry with the Marlies in the finals,so they can down what little pride they have left wearing their Leaf jersey and rooting against the Caps,or people who cant let the fact that MLSE pulled the team out,and still want closure.I hear more about the Marlies then Icecaps and that illusion of them in finals,fact is not 1 player,1 trainer,1 coach any management is even their that pulled them out,so its a dumb reason for a rivalry.I hope the sked comes out and them and Hamilton are taken off and add in the other 2 eastern teams
I'd like to see a Marlies - IceCaps final for selfish reasons. I'd actually get to see a few games live.

One step at a time though - this upcoming series is going to be tough. Go IceCaps!

Old
05-13-2012, 03:29 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
Scratched along with Klingberg. Neither were impressive this series. Was a smart move by McCambridge to put in Clark. He provided a lot of energy and hustle tonight, something which was missing in that lethargic mess that was Game 6.

Faceoffs were a huge issue for the IceCaps during this series. I saw all the games in St. John's and we won maybe 30% of all draws. That was probably another factor in why Scheifele was sat for Rosa (who admittedly didn't fare much better).

Brett Festerling is a fantastic shutdown defenceman. Be sure to re-sign him this summer. He and Kulda are a very effective pairing.

Postma's aggressiveness came back to bite him a few times tonight. He needs to learn when and when not to pinch. With the puck on his stick he's a very effective puck-rushing defenceman. Skates like the wind, reminds me a lot of Jake Gardiner in that facet of his game. Yet without the puck, he has a lot of improvement to do. It's weird because he has so much poise and patience when the puck is on his stick, but no patience when the opposition is closing in on him. Luckily that sort of thing is teachable, he has all the athletic skills to become an NHL regular.

Last note: Raymond Sawada is awesome. The guy just parks himself in front of the net and causes a ruckus.

Good for the fans, but can't say I'm necessaily a fan of winning like this. I would rather the team would have lost playing the young guys so that they could have had the experience and learned something from it, instead of winning by iceing a bunch of veterans who have little chance of ever playing in the NHL. We only had 5 players playing last night that may have an NHL future, Postma, Redmond, Cormier, Mahachuk and the goalie. This doesn't seem like great development to me.

Old
05-13-2012, 03:51 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Good for the fans, but can't say I'm necessaily a fan of winning like this. I would rather the team would have lost playing the young guys so that they could have had the experience and learned something from it, instead of winning by iceing a bunch of veterans who have little chance of ever playing in the NHL. We only had 5 players playing last night that may have an NHL future, Postma, Redmond, Cormier, Mahachuk and the goalie. This doesn't seem like great development to me.
In reality its a game of balance... But to comment on the coach, I've noticed he always tries to change things up when he loses, even if it's the same way the won the game before...
I don't think changing who's on the bench is always best to do because you may win yet it has nothing to do with the change (see the nashville example this year, albeit slight different situation)

Old
05-13-2012, 04:24 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post

Old
05-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Huffer

vCash: 958
Quote:
I hear what you are saying, and in general I agree. I want TNSE to use the Ice Caps as a development tool as well. But there has to be a balance.

I look at it this way, by using the veterans to get the win last night, it just bought the Ice Caps another series. Now guys like Scheifele and Klingberg can get more chances to get in the lineup in another round.

Old
05-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Canadienjet

Klingberg has done nothing since December.Ever since he got sent back down.

Rather play Clark words hard and competes.

Playing time shouldn't be decided on draft status or prospect status.McCambridge made the right move.

Old
05-13-2012, 05:43 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I hear what you are saying, and in general I agree. I want TNSE to use the Ice Caps as a development tool as well. But there has to be a balance.

I look at it this way, by using the veterans to get the win last night, it just bought the Ice Caps another series. Now guys like Scheifele and Klingberg can get more chances to get in the lineup in another round.
this.

surixon:
no offense. Machacek

Old
05-13-2012, 05:52 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Great for the IceCaps to advance, but they're going to be in tough against the Admirals.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Old
05-13-2012, 06:26 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Great for the IceCaps to advance, but they're going to be in tough against the Admirals.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Ice Caps win in 6 games!

Old
05-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Frankie

Quote:
winning would always seem like a better way to develop, if you ask me. lets be honest, there's no great prospects on this team anyways (outside of schieffele). but the few kids that are on the team, have to think they're benefitting more from this long playoff run than they would if they played a lot and lost in the first or second round.

and if they're not good enough to get into the line-up, so be it. that means they aren't very good prospects at this point. everyone has to earn their ice time.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:01 PM
IceCapsFanNL

I like to follow media from the other team. A WBS reporter posted the following tongue in cheek Tweet Friday night during game six. He said, "Must be a lotta Pearl Jam fans in St John's.... they keep chanting Eddie Vetter."

Old
05-13-2012, 08:08 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

I agree with this post......get the win then buy your team and prospects another 4 to 7 games. I would hope the coach comes back with Schiefele again. Too bad Telegin got injured late he might have been a PRODUCTIVE prospect for this playoff run.

it's all part of learning but come playoff time I believe you field the team that gives you the best shot at winning at any level. Scheif will fight his way back in and he will have learned a lesson on not turning the puck over so much

Closed Thread