Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Prospect/St. John's Thread - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2012, 07:16 PM
IceCapsFanNL

vCash: 500
I agree. Scheifele needs another shot. I don't know that I'd bench Clark for Klingberg, but I might to give Schiefele another shot

Old
05-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
I agree. Scheifele needs another shot. I don't know that I'd bench Clark for Klingberg, but I might to give Schiefele another shot
Klingberg has been very average if not bad since December.Clark gives an honest effort every night and works hard.

After the lame effort Friday guy like Clark was needed.

I was suprised it wasn't done soon enough.

Old
05-13-2012, 07:35 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
I hope Oklahoma goes thru only Leaf fans want this made up bs rivalry with the Marlies in the finals,so they can down what little pride they have left wearing their Leaf jersey and rooting against the Caps,or people who cant let the fact that MLSE pulled the team out,and still want closure.I hear more about the Marlies then Icecaps and that illusion of them in finals,fact is not 1 player,1 trainer,1 coach any management is even their that pulled them out,so its a dumb reason for a rivalry.I hope the sked comes out and them and Hamilton are taken off and add in the other 2 eastern teams
Couldn't agree more.

While it still rankles me what happened seven years ago, and that is a part of why I am now a Jets fan more than a Leafs fan, I would like to to be playing all of our eastern conference rather than Hamilton and Toronto. The Caps didn't play Adirondack or Albany this year because of the Marlies and Dogs games.

Old
05-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

While it still rankles me what happened seven years ago, and that is a part of why I am now a Jets fan more than a Leafs fan, I would like to to be playing all of our eastern conference rather than Hamilton and Toronto. The Caps didn't play Adirondack or Albany this year because of the Marlies and Dogs games.
I'm a Habs fan(not a much as I used to be) but I can go a whole season without seeing Hamilton.All the IceCaps are doing is appeasing joe Leaf/Hab fan.

They come and for 4 nights a year cheer against us but any other night they are for us.

Heard we maybe playing Chicago next year unsure of how true it is.

Last edited by Canadienjet: 05-13-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old
05-13-2012, 07:51 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post
Klingberg has been very average if not bad since December.Clark gives an honest effort every night and works hard.

After the lame effort Friday guy like Clark was needed.

I was suprised it wasn't done soon enough.
Must say im really dissapointed in how Klingberg has developed this year. Wasnt he supposed to be one of our top prospects? Whats wrong with him?

Old
05-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Must say im really dissapointed in how Klingberg has developed this year. Wasnt he supposed to be one of our top prospects? Whats wrong with him?
Ever since he came back from Winnipeg the effort and compete level has not been there.

I dunno if he has become complacent but I hope him sitting out can light a fire.

Old
05-13-2012, 10:10 PM
trouty

I think Scheifele was benched do to the Pens size,cause he was actually making plays happen,id say he draws back in.I wish O Dell was on clear day instead of Rosa,but it is what it is

Cod making its way on the ice first time since 1991-1992 at cod got tossed,that was the Leafs run

Old
05-13-2012, 10:19 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
I think Scheifele was benched do to the Pens size,cause he was actually making plays happen,id say he draws back in.I wish O Dell was on clear day instead of Rosa,but it is what it is

Cod making its way on the ice first time since 1991-1992 at cod got tossed,that was the Leafs run
It's a Newfoundland thing , and a cool thing imo.

Old
05-13-2012, 10:30 PM
surixon

Quote:
Could be that he is fatigued, coming from the SEL he would have never of played more than 40 or so games in a season. He's played double this year, I'll wait to see how he fares next year when he knows what to expect.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:20 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Could be that he is fatigued, coming from the SEL he would have never of played more than 40 or so games in a season. He's played double this year, I'll wait to see how he fares next year when he knows what to expect.
Come on he's not 45 years old, if he can't make it through a AHL-NHL season something is wrong, there have been a ton of guys from US colleges where they play a short season who excel in both the NHL and AHL the following year.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Come on he's not 45 years old, if he can't make it through a AHL-NHL season something is wrong, there have been a ton of guys from US colleges where they play a short season who excel in both the NHL and AHL the following year.
More often than not this is what happens.

Doubling up your games played is quite huge. More guys are effected by the fatigue than those who are not. It's become a stereotype for a reason.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:31 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
More often than not this is what happens.

Doubling up your games played is quite huge. More guys are effected by the fatigue than those who are not. It's become a stereotype for a reason.
i guess its similar to college players going into the NFL and how they wear down towards the end of the season.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
i guess its similar to college players going into the NFL and how they wear down towards the end of the season.
Exactly, even with a much shorter NFL season it happens. The quality of competition goes up and you wear down quicker.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Just a correction, 55 games per season in the SEL.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
I like to follow media from the other team. A WBS reporter posted the following tongue in cheek Tweet Friday night during game six. He said, "Must be a lotta Pearl Jam fans in St John's.... they keep chanting Eddie Vetter."
Have you seen the Jets/Pearl Jam t shirt they had for the last concert in Winnipeg? Pretty cool

Old
05-15-2012, 05:05 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Just a few random thoughts from Saturday night.

There seems to be more Jets merch in the rink than there was early in the season. Not so much in the way of Jerseys, but more in the form of hats. I think a kinship between our fan bases is growing. I'd say 20% of people with NHL hats are wearing Jets hats.

Further evidence of this growing link was the "True North!!" shouted out in the national anthem on Saturday. I hadn't heard that before.

The, "Eddie's better," seems to come from the "Sidney's better" at MTS.

The computerized 50-50 machines have broken, and they went back to paper tickets. Didn't hurt sales as the winning share was over 24,000.

I had my white Caps jersey personalized with #2 Travis Ramsey. It was only at the game did I realize that the shop had forgotten to put the "A" on the front. Can't change it now, might be bad luck.

A limited number of tickets for the next series went on sale Sunday, they were gone in minutes. I have seen some on Kijiji from $75-$150 a seat.

A funny story. A friend of mine, I'll call him brother A and I are halfs on seasons tickets for next season, and for the playoffs. I have been lucky and the Caps are 3-0 in the playoffs when I am in the seats, and I have seen both series won. He has seen 1 win and two losses. Now his brother, who I'll call brother B had season tickets this season but sometimes ends up in his bosses luxury box. Saturday before the game Brother A calls brother B looking for B's tickets for his kids, B says to A, "No way..... I want the Caps to win!!"

I have heard Jets fans state that they wish they could get IceCaps merch. Two stores which sell online come to mind. "That Pro Look", and "Maverick Collectables"

Last edited by IceCapsFanNL: 05-15-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old
05-16-2012, 07:51 PM
markie8002000

Were getting close to Gameday... Go IceCaps Go!!

Old
05-17-2012, 05:32 AM
markie8002000

Couple of hours ago is being reported Spencer Machacek will not play due to injury.

Old
05-17-2012, 05:48 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by markie8002000 View Post
Couple of hours ago is being reported Spencer Machacek will not play due to injury.

Who draws into the line-up, I wonder?

Old
05-17-2012, 07:55 AM
KapG

Scheif gonna be in the lineup guys?

Old
05-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Tdoe42

If Spence is out I see Shief taking his place

Old
05-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Go Ice Caps!

05-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Samcanadian

vCash: 54
I'm nervous about this series already.

This isn't fair. The Jets are out of the playoffs, I deserve a respite from hockey-related suspense.

Old
05-17-2012, 01:06 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

go ice caps go!

Old
05-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Anyone know the nature of Machacek's injury? Hope to see Scheifele draw in. And Pasquale is easily flying under the radar as one of top prospects. 21 yo and top goalie in the AHL playoffs, Eddie may be our #2 prospect after Scheifele.

Gonna stream this game online tonight, hopefully get to hear Brian Rogers call the game. This guy is an NHL-calibre announcer he is really good!

GO ICE CAPS GO

Closed Thread