HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Hendricks

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Stewie G

vCash: 500
The guy had to be hurt or completely gassed in the playoffs last year. He was one of the worst Caps on the ice. I don't know what the difference is, but it sure is nice to see.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Honestly, I didn't think Hendricks was that great for most of the Boston series. But he has really stepped up so far in the Rangers series.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:04 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
The guy had to be hurt or completely gassed in the playoffs last year. He was one of the worst Caps on the ice. I don't know what the difference is, but it sure is nice to see.
Again..I believe its just a matter of confidence. When a coach believes in you, and you are a player that takes it to heart, then the sky is the limit.

The foundation for "momentum" is confidence.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
Maybe Hendricks was in tool mans head for that series. Hell, he laid down like a dog waiting for a treat in a mere shootout. And sure enough, he had a great deflection to kick off the scoring in game 7. Not the same as a GWG sure, but was a huge play nonetheless. Its always good to get one early. And I suspect took a LOT of pressure off of Holts as well.

Hell the entire fan base to boot.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:23 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Again..I believe its just a matter of confidence. When a coach believes in you, and you are a player that takes it to heart, then the sky is the limit.

The foundation for "momentum" is confidence.
Dale Hunter seems to have all the confidence in the world in Johansson. And he's been our worst forward this series and was at the bottom of the heap in round one as well.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:28 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Its not Dale's fault that MJ is the closest thing we have to a 2C. We committed to rolling with him his year and here we are. Our top line is our weakest line. Why spread them out!

Edit, our top line is our "not trusted' line. Its offense or bust. if the shoe fits, wear it.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 05-07-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old
05-07-2012, 09:32 AM
txpd

i'd just have to guess that hunter reads johansson's play differently that you do. i dont think dale thinks that johansson has been the worst forward...by far. in dale's turtle game, johansson is a primary player. his minutes appear to go up. he's #2 in even strenth average toi in the playoffs.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:38 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

There's no need to read anything. We've allowed 20 even strength goals. Johansson has been on the ice for 8 of them. All while contributing zero offense. Despite 2+ minutes on the pp per game.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:48 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i'd just have to guess that hunter reads johansson's play differently that you do. i dont think dale thinks that johansson has been the worst forward...by far. in dale's turtle game, johansson is a primary player. his minutes appear to go up. he's #2 in even strenth average toi in the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
There's no need to read anything. We've allowed 20 even strength goals. Johansson has been on the ice for 8 of them. All while contributing zero offense. Despite 2+ minutes on the pp per game.
The simplest explanation is that Hunter is wrong. That he's putting too much value on MoJo's speed, perhaps, or some other facet of his game. He's done the same thing with Wideman. He sees what he likes and screw the results (on a micro scale at least).

Old
05-07-2012, 09:54 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
maybe its dale's way of giving the opposition a chance to stay in the game.

i cant say that i understand dale's motivations. just the same only backstrom has more even strenth toi than marcus johansson. that just doesnt scream "he stinks" to me. but thats just me.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:57 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
The simplest explanation is that Hunter is wrong. That he's putting too much value on MoJo's speed, perhaps, or some other facet of his game. He's done the same thing with Wideman. He sees what he likes and screw the results (on a micro scale at least).
thats a way to look at it. though, the screw the results part of the equation doesnt seem to fit hunter's priorities.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:57 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Maybe Dale thinks MJ's speed keeps Dmen honest. Much like it appeared BB used Chimera last year. Not easy to gauge the effect it has on the games or Torts game plans, but I do think Dmen are aware of the fastest guys we have.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:06 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
thats a way to look at it. though, the screw the results part of the equation doesnt seem to fit hunter's priorities.
I did say on a micro scale. He doesn't seem to care that they've been the Caps' worst in terms of goals against (or if he does, it hasn't been reflected in his coaching decisions), because they've found a way to win. Care only about the big picture.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:59 PM
JayQueensNY88*

I D C ..All i know is I want Hendricks in a NYR sweater!!!!!

He would fit PERFECT,he is everything NYR is about...

Old
05-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

His patchy beard makes me go:

Old
05-09-2012, 10:23 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
His patchy beard makes me go:
I was slightly mesmerized by the unexplainable patchy facial hair. I've decided that he must have drunk too much Chernobyly.

05-10-2012, 03:03 AM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

in a million years i would not have predicted Hendricks would turn into this effective a player for us.

he is a shootout savant during the regular season, a reliable energy guy, and lately a fantastic faceoff man. his one shift in the 3OT game will remain a highlight of playoffs for me -- the shift where he trucked McDonagh and then set up Brouwer in front of the net. for a guy who made the team last year by the skin of his teeth, he has really, really blossomed. and yes, the deflection goal against Boston was huge.

Closed Thread