HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Sharks at Coyotes

Old
03-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
So, do you guys think winning the division is out of the question now? 7th or 8th is the best we can hope for? Dallas has a tough schedule but LA and Phoenix has some awfully favorable schedules plus LA has a game in hand on us now. It doesn't really matter though because even if we got 3rd, Chicago will sweep us like the old times again. I'd rather not make the playoffs than get embarrassed by Vancouver and St Louis tbh. Those are two fanbases I don't like. I don't even know why but Blues fans seem to hate us for no reason so I'd rather not get swept by them in the playoffs.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:47 AM
ilikebigjoe

vCash: 500
if somehow dallas loses tomorrow, and both games to sj in regulation, will we not be up 3 on them with a possible 4pts left for them? that means if dallas loses tomorrow to van in regulation (very possible) that SJ can go 3-1 and clinch, given that two of those Ws are against the stars. i know i shouldnt look past the next game, but i dont think the sharks have a realistic chance of making it anymore without help.

id be shocked if la and phx piss their chances away.

they will both make it. sj and dallas - one will, one wont. if dal wins tomorrow, SJ needs to go 4-0, if dallas loses in regulation tomorrow, SJ just needs to beat dallas twice to get in i think.. and i believe they are the one team they can do it against.

just want to see the boys in the playoffs

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lazyking
Never Forget

What I hate most is the fact that the Sharks with the skill they have, still feel like dump and chase is their best option.

With a team like the Yotes, that **** ain't gonna work too well.

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ilikebigjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Fair enough. Marleau just might not have chemistry with Thornton and Pavelski. I don't think that he needs a fast player to play well though. In the 09-10 season, didn't he play with Thornton and Heatley for the first half (where he got 30 goals extremely quickly)? Could it be a motivational problem? He played well to get a spot on the Olympic team and went cold in the 2nd half.
stanley cup?

Old
03-30-2012, 12:48 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
I tend to agree with this. Thornton, Marleau and Boyle can't carry this team when the third and fourth lines give you nothing offensively. The depth is just not there and unless you get rid of Those three and magically retool, I don't see how it gets better as Thornton, Marleau and Boyle decline even further with age.
Agree totally on the non support. The decline issue, still may be a couple years away at least for Jumbo and Patty.

Do you guys remember earlier in the season when our 4th line of Desjardins, Winchester and Murray, was fairly solid on most nights and, even commented on via t'mac a few times? Then, after a 'down game', Murray was the one to pay for it and sit, up until finally demoted. Our major issue was the 3rd line and lack of anything from handzus and mitchell. Thus todd began his constant changing of the lines, over and over again, including the top lines. Thus, killing much chemistry and cohesion on the squad, pretty much from January onward and including the decent line 4 we had going.

That is one beef I have with Todd, too much tinkering and changing of lines.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:49 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Let's see....

Drew has worked in the NHL. Been "Way.......... Inside the Sharks" for years and knows hockey inside and out, but is wrong.

Fatto, who everyone here bashes every day and doesn't know **** about hockey, but he's right.

Why? Because you already have the same opinion of the loser, fat ass, blowhard reporter.

Do I have that right?
Ratto's blowhard rhetoric always obscures a very simple point, which is often accurate. His actual substance, was that the sharks can only hope to be a playoff team with a 8/26 road record this calendar year.

I'm not defending his delivery in such a simple point. Just boiling it down.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:49 AM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

And can't they both be right? The effort is there, but there is obviously something wrong. There are clearly some guys laying it all out on the line right now.

Yet, with the way the Sharks are playing right now, regularly, and not in flashes on the radar, are they are serious Cup contender right now? With the talent they have, and a core that has gone deep in the playoffs several years in a row now, should they be sitting outside of the playoffs right now?

Of course many other teams have experienced the same thing from season to season. It doesn't make it feel any better for the majority of Sharks fans.

Ratto and Drew are both right. But, The Sharks have rested on the same crutch each year for too long. At some point, all that matters is getting it done.

GET IT DONE, SHARKS!

MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebigjoe View Post
if somehow dallas loses tomorrow, and both games to sj in regulation, will we not be up 3 on them with a possible 4pts left for them? that means if dallas loses tomorrow to van in regulation (very possible) that SJ can go 3-1 and clinch, given that two of those Ws are against the stars. i know i shouldnt look past the next game, but i dont think the sharks have a realistic chance of making it anymore without help.

id be shocked if la and phx piss their chances away.

they will both make it. sj and dallas - one will, one wont. if dal wins tomorrow, SJ needs to go 4-0, if dallas loses in regulation tomorrow, SJ just needs to beat dallas twice to get in i think.. and i believe they are the one team they can do it against.

just want to see the boys in the playoffs
I dunno man... if they get 8th and have to face the Blues, that's as bad as not making the playoffs because as we just saw, the Sharks have no answer for teams like the Blues and Coyotes and their defensive style.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:50 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebigjoe View Post
stanley cup?
Longer summer to spend with his kids.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:51 AM
ComradeKevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadmanSJ View Post
And can't they both be right? The effort is there, but there is obviously something wrong. There are clearly some guys laying it all out on the line right now.

Yet, with the way the Sharks are playing right now, regularly, and not in flashes on the radar, are they are serious Cup contender right now? With the talent they have, and a core that has gone deep in the playoffs several years in a row now, should they be sitting outside of the playoffs right now?

Of course many other teams have experienced the same thing from season to season. It doesn't make it feel any better for the majority of Sharks fans.

Ratto and Drew are both right. But, The Sharks have rested on the same crutch each year for too long. At some point, all that matters is getting it done.

GET IT DONE, SHARKS!
Yes, but Ratto is fat, which invalidates everything he says, from what I've seen in some of the comments here.

ComradeKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
So, do you guys think winning the division is out of the question now? 7th or 8th is the best we can hope for? Dallas has a tough schedule but LA and Phoenix has some awfully favorable schedules plus LA has a game in hand on us now. It doesn't really matter though because even if we got 3rd, Chicago will sweep us like the old times again. I'd rather not make the playoffs than get embarrassed by Vancouver and St Louis tbh. Those are two fanbases I don't like. I don't even know why but Blues fans seem to hate us for no reason so I'd rather not get swept by them in the playoffs.

divison or playoffs is not out of the question but the Sharks will NEED to win a road game to get in imo. 92 points is not enough.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
I dunno man... if they get 8th and have to face the Blues, that's as bad as not making the playoffs because as we just saw, the Sharks have no answer for teams like the Blues and Coyotes and their defensive style.
It would still get me out of the house for a couple games and give me an excuse to get extremely drunk

With no hope of beating the Blues it wouldn't be that depressing.

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:53 AM
ilikebigjoe

Quote:
i understand, but you can't tell me in all honestly that you would be happy to not look forward to and have that feeling when you wake up the morning of the playoff game day. nothing like it. i honestly think this team can win a series vs dallas, vancouver, detroit, and nashville. the blues, hawks, kings, coyotes i dont think so.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:55 AM
lsx

Too much passing through the damn neutral zone leading to turnovers, almost everytime boyle takes the puck and skates it up he makes it all the way to the opposing blue line or more, but the forwards are never setup and ready to take it to the next step. So why so much damn dump and chase, both boyle and burns are capable of carrying the puck, use some smart picks like the wings do and advance the puck into the O zone.

lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:56 AM
jwhitesj

Quote:
It would still get me out of the house for a couple games and give me an excuse to get extremely drunk

With no hope of beating the Blues it wouldn't be that depressing.
OT regarding your post, but since you and I got in that argument about Niemi he has been really good, maybee we shoudl start arguing about Marleau now.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:56 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Rooting for two teams, no playoffs... I'm a curse

Old
03-30-2012, 12:57 AM
lsx

Quote:
I dunno man... if they get 8th and have to face the Blues, that's as bad as not making the playoffs because as we just saw, mclellan has no answer for teams like the Blues and Coyotes and their defensive style.

Fixed for you.

With the skilled puck carriers that they have there's no excuse for not being able to break a neutral zone trap.

lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:58 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
Rooting for two teams, no playoffs... I'm a curse
You shouldn't say that out loud.... Not now.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ilikebigjoe

also, everyone comments about the sharks lack of depth up front. ppl say that our D has the tools to produce...but where is the production? i mean goals. when is the last time someone other than burns has had a deadly shot from the point this season? i know boyle had that tic tac toe play vs LA last week, other than that, we have to have one of the lowest scoring d corps in the NHL.....demers, braun, vlasic, murray, white, NEVER score. you see the odd goal from random D guys on most NHL teams. and right now, im not seeing anywhere close to what we used to from boyle. i still think burns is very dangerous offensively.

Old
Eighth Fret

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
Ratto's blowhard rhetoric always obscures a very simple point, which is often accurate. His actual substance, was that the sharks can only hope to be a playoff team with a 8/26 road record this calendar year.

I'm not defending his delivery in such a simple point. Just boiling it down.
Agreed.

Eighth Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
OT regarding your post, but since you and I got in that argument about Niemi he has been really good, maybee we shoudl start arguing about Marleau now.

Marleau sucks and always has.

Your turn..........

Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Eighth Fret

Quote:
Technically, us winning the division is a possibility, but realistically, it's out of the question.

We're going to split the games with Dallas and lose both games to LA.

I disagree on our chances against Chicago though, especially if Toews is not in the line-up.

Eighth Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadmanSJ View Post
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN HIT BY A CAR!? Have mercy!
Actually I have lol. It was crappy.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:07 AM
jwhitesj

Quote:

Marleau sucks and always has.

Your turn..........
You're just a Marleau hater, he is super awesome and allways has been. You need to understand that the system is stiffling him. If only we had a coach that new how to utilize his super awesome talents he would be the leading scorer in the league every season. It's beyond rediculous that he is so underrated in the NHL and you can't possibly understand hockey if you dont' understand how good he really is.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
The Sharks offense is so bad that Randy Hahn gets excited for a 2 on 2
lol

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote