HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

PGT: Sharks at Coyotes

Old
03-30-2012, 01:08 AM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeKevin View Post
Yes, but Ratto is fat, which invalidates everything he says, from what I've seen in some of the comments here.
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I'm gonna troll the Sharks board by inviting Ratto to HF so that insulting him in future posts is technically flaming

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I'm gonna troll the Sharks board by inviting Ratto to HF so that insulting him in future posts is technically flaming
Is calling someone who's a fat ass a fat ass considered flaming?

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Is calling someone who's a fat ass a fat ass considered flaming?
I guess not it just has nothing to do with hockey or his argument, so it comes off as being petty. At least half of the board is saying the same **** he is saying, but apparently it's completely different coming out of his mouth.

I'm not saying he has an intricate knowledge of hockey at all, but it doesn't take superior knowledge of the sport to see that for the most part he is right when it comes to this year's sharks.

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:16 AM
The McMafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighth Fret View Post
Technically, us winning the division is a possibility, but realistically, it's out of the question.

We're going to split the games with Dallas and lose both games to LA.

I disagree on our chances against Chicago though, especially if Toews is not in the line-up.
Division is probably gone unless the Sharks get a lot of help from teams like Minnesota, Edmonton, Anaheim, and the Nucks tomorrow night (Kings).

Tomorrow night is huge due to games in hand. If the Stars and Kings both win, the Sharks will have to go 4-0 to have a sniff of 7th, as they'll both be three points up with tiebreakers. If both of them lose, 3-1 could work.

Phoenix is the wild card since they're only one up. They play Anaheim, Columbus, St Louis, & Minnesota - if the Sharks win one more game than they do (2 pts), we'll squeak in.

The McMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:21 AM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Thornton talking about going 4-0.

LOL

Feels like the playoffs when they go down and talk about winning play the next game and lose 3-0.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:21 AM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
I guess not it just has nothing to do with hockey or his argument, so it comes off as being petty. At least half of the board is saying the same **** he is saying, but apparently it's completely different coming out of his mouth.

I'm not saying he has an intricate knowledge of hockey at all, but it doesn't take superior knowledge of the sport to see that for the most part he is right when it comes to this year's sharks.
I agree with the post that said they're both right, to an extent. Ratto doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time when it comes to hockey, however anybody who spends the time to watch the games can see we don't look like a SC contender. The only thing that qualifies him as a hockey analyst is that he's paid to do it IMO. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

FWIW, I have never joined in on the Ratto bashing, though it can be amusing at times. It certainly has nothing to do with his abilities as a hockey analyst and reporter.

Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:25 AM
Phu

Quote:
Umm.. no. The longer it persists the more it means something is broken (not necessarily the system), not that it's just bad luck. If we are as good as you think we are, we would have righted the ship by now.
No, if it were something that could be actively fixed, it would have been righted by now. It's not, that's why it hasn't.

Quote:
Just a few posts back you mentioned high roster turnover in the off season and lack of chemistry. That's something that I've consistently said to you over the last few weeks, but you keep falling back on bad luck.
Chemistry is an issue and that's responsible for the team not challenging for the President's trophy this year. It was always a potential issue. However the reason they are out of the playoff picture right now is that on top of that, they have had TERRIBLE luck the entire second half.

Quote:
It seems you don't understand probability or hockey.
Or do I understand that the probability of this team meriting as low a winning percentage as they have garnered over the last portion of the season is too low to be realistic? This team is way better than its record, and not only on paper. On the ice.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Eighth Fret

Man, you're drinking some serious teal Kool-Aid.

Eighth Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:42 AM
Phu

Nah, most fans have already drunk the kool aid and the lights are turning out. I didn't, so I see what's really going on here. The numbers don't lie either.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:46 AM
ilikebigjoe

some of these posts are outstanding!

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:51 AM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
No, if it were something that could be actively fixed, it would have been righted by now. It's not, that's why it hasn't.

Chemistry is an issue and that's responsible for the team not challenging for the President's trophy this year. It was always a potential issue. However the reason they are out of the playoff picture right now is that on top of that, they have had TERRIBLE luck the entire second half.

Or do I understand that the probability of this team meriting as low a winning percentage as they have garnered over the last portion of the season is too low to be realistic? This team is way better than its record, and not only on paper. On the ice.
You have lost your mind. Yeah I believed they had bad luck in the beginning, but right now at this point? Its not bad luck anymore. This team just straight up blows. And their problems havent been fixed because this coaching staff is clueless. When have they ever shown that they are capable of making adjustments?

wtfisthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:10 AM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Umm.. no. The longer it persists the more it means something is broken (not necessarily the system), not that it's just bad luck. If we are as good as you think we are, we would have righted the ship by now.

Just a few posts back you mentioned high roster turnover in the off season and lack of chemistry. That's something that I've consistently said to you over the last few weeks, but you keep falling back on bad luck.

It seems you don't understand probability or hockey.
This has to be the most ironic statement I've seen on here.

Les Wynan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:34 AM
Lee Van Cleef*

Hahaha, oh Lord my username rings true. IF there is one thing we know about this team it's that they will choke. Pathetic bunch of cowards . If Todd McLellan isn't fired this off season I will give up as a Sharks fan. It's been a long time but it's not worth it to follow these sacks of **** with a worthless GM and a useless coaching staff. I'll just have to start following some other team then.

Last edited by SpinTheBlackCircle: 03-30-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:41 AM
EnricoPellini

Wow what happened to the Sharks' playoff chances?

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...c/SanJose.html

Did Ray Ratto eat them?

EnricoPellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:51 AM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokers Gonna Choke View Post
Hahaha, oh Lord my username rings true. IF there is one thing we know about this team it's that they will choke. Pathetic bunch of cowards . If Todd McLellan isn't fired this off season I will give up as a Sharks fan. It's been a long time but it's not worth it to follow these sacks of **** with a worthless GM and a useless coaching staff. I'll just have to start following some other team then.
Why wait?

Old
03-30-2012, 04:16 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
See ya later.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:38 AM
Lee Van Cleef*

So you two expect Todd to still be here next season?

The chokes'... uh.. the jokes on you then.

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
So you two expect Todd to still be here next season?

The chokes'... uh.. the jokes on you then.
At this point I have no idea what to expect. I wouldn't be suprised if he's fired but also wouldn't be suprised if he's not. If DW goes then I fully expect a new staff. That's a big if.

Old
03-30-2012, 05:27 AM
RewBicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebigjoe View Post
i understand, but you can't tell me in all honestly that you would be happy to not look forward to and have that feeling when you wake up the morning of the playoff game day. nothing like it. i honestly think this team can win a series vs dallas, vancouver, detroit, and nashville. the blues, hawks, kings, coyotes i dont think so.
What the heck would make you think they could beat Vancouver in a seven game series at this point? They have been thoroughly manhandled by the Canucks for the past two seasons straight. Just checked: they are 10-1-2 against the Sharks over the past two years.

RewBicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by RewBicks View Post
What the heck would make you think they could beat Vancouver in a seven game series at this point? They have been thoroughly manhandled by the Canucks for the past two seasons straight.
Probably but the games won't be trapfests so it would be fun to watch.

Old
03-30-2012, 06:01 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

You know, the comments people make here about reporters either being fat or comment about women being ugly......really make you look childish. Be better than that.

03-30-2012, 06:20 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
You know, the comments people make here about reporters either being fat or comment about women being ugly......really make you look childish. Be better than that.
The ugly comment I agree with since it all depends on taste. But fatness is pretty black-and-white. Ray Ratto is extremely fat, there's no hiding it.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 06:25 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
The ugly comment I agree with since it all depends on taste. But fatness is pretty black-and-white. Ray Ratto is extremely fat, there's no hiding it.
Which has nothing to do with what they say.

Guess that Ken Hitchcock can't coach, eh?

SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 06:30 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Which has nothing to do with what they say.

Guess that Ken Hitchcock can't coach, eh?
Did someone actually say "Ratto is fat so he's wrong"?

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 07:22 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

Quote:

This is the point I am making. It's petty.

SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote