HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Cabbie and Mike Richards go to lakers game, meet beckham and kobe

Old
03-30-2012, 07:28 PM
KoopsKings

vCash: 500
Cabbie and Mike Richards go to lakers game, meet beckham and kobe

http://tsn.ca/

Not sure of this has been posted yet but i just noticed it today. Go to the TSN website, and on the right hand side there are videos. This one is called "Cabbie presents: LA Story" Enjoy

KoopsKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 08:06 PM
johnjm22

Haha that was pretty awesome. I wonder if Beckham and Kobe actually knew who Mike was?

Here's a direct link: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip648328#clip648328

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 08:31 PM
bbfrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Haha that was pretty awesome. I wonder if Beckham and Kobe actually knew who Mike was?

Here's a direct link: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip648328#clip648328
That video kinda put me off. I mean Mike is really good player who plays with alot of heart. Team player all the way. Yet I see little to no respect. I mean Mike's career began and has been made in Philly. One Mr. Kobe Bryant's hometown. But he kinda is just like "whats up...yeah I know who he is...". And im a Laker fan my whole life so I know how Kobe has reacted to meeting pro athletes in the past. He passes along a mutual respect. He just seemed arrogant here. Beckham has no idea who Mike is im sure.

bbfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Hope Richie doesn't get to wasted one night and pull a CJ Wilson/Mike Napoli with Kobe's number on twitter.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfrc View Post
That video kinda put me off. I mean Mike is really good player who plays with alot of heart. Team player all the way. Yet I see little to no respect. I mean Mike's career began and has been made in Philly. One Mr. Kobe Bryant's hometown. But he kinda is just like "whats up...yeah I know who he is...". And im a Laker fan my whole life so I know how Kobe has reacted to meeting pro athletes in the past. He passes along a mutual respect. He just seemed arrogant here. Beckham has no idea who Mike is im sure.
Keep in mind Kobe hasn't been living in Philly for all of 16 years now and the Eagles are the only Philadelphia team he has really supported. He has no ties to the Flyers and he was a Dodger fan over the Phillies. He also said he hadn't been to a game which could imply he isn't really much of a hockey fan even though he said he was a fan (probably just being polite) as well as his lack of a history.

But IMO the biggest thing to notice not once was the atmosphere in this video professional. The host literally opens up trying to hug Kobe and they end up going off into this whole rant on man space and then the host introduces Mike as "this is my baby bro Mike," as Kobe sits there in his towel soaking his feet. The casual greeting seemed fine to me it fit that video.

But I truly don't think Kobe knew much about Mike. He may have known who Mike was but it didn't come off like he "knew" much about him. If he was really a hockey fan you think he would have made an effort to go to at least 1 game given all the buzz around the team to start the year.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Keep in mind Kobe hasn't been living in Philly for all of 16 years now and the Eagles are the only Philadelphia team he has really supported. He has no ties to the Flyers and he was a Dodger fan over the Phillies. He also said he hadn't been to a game which could imply he isn't really much of a hockey fan even though he said he was a fan (probably just being polite) as well as his lack of a history.

But IMO the biggest thing to notice not once was the atmosphere in this video professional. The host literally opens up trying to hug Kobe and they end up going off into this whole rant on man space and then the host introduces Mike as "this is my baby bro Mike," as Kobe sits there in his towel soaking his feet. The casual greeting seemed fine to me it fit that video.

But I truly don't think Kobe knew much about Mike. He may have known who Mike was but it didn't come off like he "knew" much about him. If he was really a hockey fan you think he would have made an effort to go to at least 1 game given all the buzz around the team to start the year.
The only basketball players that have taken in a Kings game this year are Andrew Bynum of the Lakers and Mo Williams of the Clippers, as I recall.

Kobe has had a tough year with his divorce/get-back-together with his wife and a shortened season...I doubt he knew who Richards was originally.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Ron Artest has attended games in the past. So did Kobe think Mike plays for Sacramento?

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:50 PM
damacles1156

That Shouldn't surprise anyone, Kobe is an arrogant *****. He is a first ballot Hall of Fame player.

But he is an AssH%^%&

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:11 AM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

"You're killing me right now...killing me"

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 06:49 PM
riseandfall9

I saw nothing wrong with the video. Kobe didn't look smug to me. Beckham looked nice but it was clear he didn't know who Richie or Cabbie were.

Kobe does know Cabbie I have seen videos of them in the past. Its not like Kobe was going to get up naked and huge Richards and stuff. You can tell he was sincere with Richards when he went for his phone.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:29 PM
dunbar42

Richards had that Cabbie dude on his episode of MTV Cribs (look it up on youtube.) Richards probably thinks he's boring on TV and calls in Cabbie to be the comic relief. Kobe probably gets dozens of athletes introduced to him during the season. I doubt he knows much if anything about many of them but wants to be polite.

BTW, when I hear Cabbie I think of that fat white dude who used to be on Howard Stern 10 years ago.

dunbar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:51 PM
MsWoof

There is a podcast with Cabbie and Penner on the phone, then with Richards. It was a really long segment, probably 20 minutes per conversation. I'll see if I can dig up the link when I go home. Penner is pretty funny, they talked about pancakes, of course, then Richards told a story about his mom and Tom Hanks that was pretty funny.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Wow, Posh let Becks go to the Laker game without her and the Laker Girls were just a few feet away from him.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:31 PM
MsWoof

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/c...st/id506577876

Scroll down a bit and you can listen to the podcast with Penner and Richards.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Wow, Posh let Becks go to the Laker game without her and the Laker Girls were just a few feet away from him.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:36 PM
KingNothing4

To me that looked a little staged in the locker room...

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
There is a podcast with Cabbie and Penner on the phone, then with Richards. It was a really long segment, probably 20 minutes per conversation. I'll see if I can dig up the link when I go home. Penner is pretty funny, they talked about pancakes, of course, then Richards told a story about his mom and Tom Hanks that was pretty funny.
It was good segment. Tom Hanks part was pretty funny, and it was interesting to hear him compare Lakers and Clippers fans.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:04 PM
tantrum4*

Cabbie knows pretty much every NBA player due to covering the Raptors, and every NHL player due to the Leafs. He's never been an actual reporter, he's always had his own segement on the Score and now TSN doing funny interviews with sports stars. The guy is an icon here in Canada. Loves to party with the kids, and they love him back.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

Wrong thread

Old
03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
It was good segment. Tom Hanks part was pretty funny, and it was interesting to hear him compare Lakers and Clippers fans.
I howled at the comments about Carter where Cabbie asked how much Columbus sucked out his soul! Richards wouldn't say anything but the less he said the more you knew Carter hated every second of it!

Old
04-01-2012, 01:09 AM
rsaturday

I swear you can see Patrick O'Neal's head behind Richards in the beginning of that video. He was probably following him around like a puppy dog. I also got a kick out of how the guys looked right at the Laker Girls when they came into the frame. You could tell they were checking them out.

As for Kobe, he seemed somewhat genuine. I think he was just trying to be polite but I doubt he knew Richards. Beckham was just trying to remain low key.

rsaturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:22 PM
grncobra76

Interesting look into the players personalities.
Oh and for the non-itunes peoples.

http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#id=31

grncobra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 01:23 AM
King Nolan

Just to clarify the end scene:

Cabbie and Kobe have had several videos together, and they are actually pretty hilarious. There is, however, and on-going joke where Cabbie tries to get Kobe's number. The first instance, Kobe responds by saying his number is something along the lines of 1-800-Never Call Me.

With that said, I'd confidently say that the last part in the locker room is staged, with Kobe giving Mike his number. I wouldn't put too much stock into their reactions with each other.

King Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:41 AM
damacles1156

That podcast was funny, it's really funny to hear Carter doesn't talk much.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote