HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread II

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2012, 12:36 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
We need to Pick Griffin
Except that we don't.

Old
05-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Thanks for the link - Good news; Pribyl is an intriguing prospect who has the potential to become another late round steal by Timmins. I would be very happy if he joins the AHL next season. Too bad he was playing injured during the last WJC.

Old
05-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Thanks for the link - Good news; Pribyl is an intriguing prospect who has the potential to become another late round steal by Timmins. I would be very happy if he joins the AHL next season. Too bad he was playing injured during the last WJC.
At 19 wouldn't a year in the CHL be better for him than jumping into the AHL at 19?

Old
05-24-2012, 01:56 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
At 19 wouldn't a year in the CHL be better for him than jumping into the AHL at 19?
Nobody is going to draft him to go play in the CHL as an overager.

Habs Prospects website
Old
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
while it's unlikely, it could happen if the right situation arose, like when the Sags took Juraj Mikus when he was 19 although Pribyl is a late-birth day and Mikus wasn't.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
If I remember correctly, a few months ago (9-10 months) Rouyn Noranda and/or Val D'Or were interested in Pribyl. I remember listening to a radio interview with the coach of Val D'Or or Rouyn. I understand that it is a lot of time from a junior's hockey perspective but maybe the interest is still there?

That being mentioned, Pribyl is already playing in the Czech premier league right? I doubt the lure of Canadian juniors hockey would be enough to convince him to cross the ocean... the AHL though...

Old
05-24-2012, 02:14 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Kyle Klubertanz signed with HIFK Helsinki of the Finnish SM-liiga for next season.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Didn't realise he was a late 1992 not 1993.

Old
05-24-2012, 04:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
If I remember correctly, a few months ago (9-10 months) Rouyn Noranda and/or Val D'Or were interested in Pribyl. I remember listening to a radio interview with the coach of Val D'Or or Rouyn. I understand that it is a lot of time from a junior's hockey perspective but maybe the interest is still there?

That being mentioned, Pribyl is already playing in the Czech premier league right? I doubt the lure of Canadian juniors hockey would be enough to convince him to cross the ocean... the AHL though...
Pribyl appeared in 17 games for the top mens league with Sparta Praha, but more time between the 2nd league and juniors. I guess that if the Habs signed him this summer and advised him it would be in his best interest to play in the CHL, while finding a team that would be a good fit, perhaps it could work out. But with him being under contract with Sparta next year I would be a bit surprised if he's over here next fall.

Old
05-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Pribyl appeared in 17 games for the top mens league with Sparta Praha, but more time between the 2nd league and juniors. I guess that if the Habs signed him this summer and advised him it would be in his best interest to play in the CHL, while finding a team that would be a good fit, perhaps it could work out. But with him being under contract with Sparta next year I would be a bit surprised if he's over here next fall.
Maybe the best option is to sign him but let him play another year over there like they did with Engqvist.

Old
05-24-2012, 04:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Maybe the best option is to sign him but let him play another year over there like they did with Engqvist.
they could do that as well but it's not neccessary, since we drafted him and won't lose his rights whereas a strong season from Engqvist and he could have attracted more interest from other teams. Guess it will depend on how close we get to the 50 contract limit, since Pribyl turns 20 in Decemeber, I assume if he's signed this summer but plays in the Czech league he'll count against the 50 contract limit.

Old
05-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Slippin Jimmy
You'd Better RUN!

Quote:
I'll say. Doesn't seem to have worked with Avtsin.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
LeMAD

Here's a Mathias Brunet article about our 4 Memorial cup prospects:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...8_section_POS2

He asked two scouts from other teams their opinion on them:

-One scout sees Beaulieu as a future top-2 in the NHL
-The other one prefers Tinordi, Beaulieu being a bit weak defensively
-Still both see them as future top-4
-Bournival and Ellis are seen as future secondary players
-Bournival doesn't have offensive upside to be more than a 3rd liner or 4th liner.
-Ellis has occasional brain cramps, isn't reliable enough nor fast enough. Has Gorges' size, but Gorges works twice as hard. Considered as a defensive dman in the NHL. (not sure if it makes sense in english, but it's actually ''twice the competitiveness'')

Old
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Bournival and Ellis Vs Jarred Tinordi for the Memorial Cup Sunday Night!

Old
05-25-2012, 09:29 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post

-Bournival doesn't have offensive upside to be more than a 3rd liner or 4th liner.
-Ellis has occasional brain cramps, isn't reliable enough nor fast enough. Has Gorges' size, but Gorges works twice as hard. Considered as a defensive dman in the NHL. (not sure if it makes sense in english, but it's actually ''twice the competitiveness'')
Well he's bigger than Gorges and he's definitely reliable. Quickness? Yea, but that's in the AHL.

Old
05-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Habiton

Quote:

Thank you for the translation!

Old
05-26-2012, 03:56 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
they could do that as well but it's not neccessary, since we drafted him and won't lose his rights whereas a strong season from Engqvist and he could have attracted more interest from other teams. Guess it will depend on how close we get to the 50 contract limit, since Pribyl turns 20 in Decemeber, I assume if he's signed this summer but plays in the Czech league he'll count against the 50 contract limit.
I assume he will be at the Rookie Camp in June with most Habs propects and if his talent impresses as it should,the optimum move would be to sign him and have him compete with his peers in Hamilton.This providing all players with the best competition against their same age group and talent,instead of breaking in one player like Avtsin against men 3-4 yrs. his senior and not at the skill level he had.Bergevin and Dudley have probably discussed these ideas with coach Jodoin,which would explain his exuberance at having some unexpected extra talent to work with in Pribyl and Nygren.Hamilton Bulldogs could be a very talented young team next season that is building strong competitive blood and character for the Habs future.

Old
05-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:

They have to remember that Gorges wasn't even drafted.

Girardi is another player Ellis could be like. If Ellis because a 4, 5, 6 guy who's physical and blocks shots I'm happy.

Bournival always seemed like an energy guy to me. He's fast and physical.

Old
05-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Et le But

Ellis is probably more talented than Gorges on paper. On paper Gorges shouldn't be in the NHL as anything more than an extra defender. Ellis should make a very useful role player but anyone thinking he's better than Beaulieu or Tinordi needs to temper expectations.

Beaulieu is the kind of player who could have probably made the jump to the AHL this year. Playing for a stacked CHL team probably did him no favours, he's already much more skilled than many of his peers.

Old
05-27-2012, 01:31 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I think people are under-estimating Ellis and his smarts, his understanding of the game and his reach.

He is really a smart defender with an excellent stick. He knows where to get his body for blocked shots and I dont have an issue with his combatitiveness at all, I think he is quite combative. I dont think he is as erratic with his body as Gorges and maybe not as all-out sacrificial.

Old
05-27-2012, 02:10 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I think people are under-estimating Ellis and his smarts, his understanding of the game and his reach.

He is really a smart defender with an excellent stick. He knows where to get his body for blocked shots and I dont have an issue with his combatitiveness at all, I think he is quite combative. I dont think he is as erratic with his body as Gorges and maybe not as all-out sacrificial.
Most importantly he doesn't get out of the play when he blocks shot. You often see junior players laying on the ice, instead of putting a knee down.

Old
05-28-2012, 09:35 AM
S Bah

The center position will get a shot in the arm in Hamilton with Bournival and Pribyl joining Naatinen,Engqvist and Dumont.(Masse and Fortiergoing to wingers)Quailer could be a huge surprise for those that aren't aware of the Habs prospects.He should become a power forward for the Habs in a couple of years.The Goalie situation still is unresolved, just have to wait and see I guess.Hamilton is in for a tough rookie season,lots of talent though.

Old
05-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Top Corner2

I think Bournival & Leblanc are going to cause teams fits on the forecheck in a couple of years...

Old
05-28-2012, 11:16 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
I think Bournival & Leblanc are going to cause teams fits on the forecheck in a couple of years...
If they can ever manage to gain weight.

Old
05-28-2012, 11:25 AM
lillypad33

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
If they can ever manage to gain weight.
Leblanc will come into camp heavier this season.
Last year he had shoulder surgery and was behind the 8 ball to begin with.

Closed Thread