HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2012, 12:36 PM
  #876
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
We need to Pick Griffin
Except that we don't.

overlords is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 01:31 PM
  #877
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 2,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Thanks for the link - Good news; Pribyl is an intriguing prospect who has the potential to become another late round steal by Timmins. I would be very happy if he joins the AHL next season. Too bad he was playing injured during the last WJC.

Kjell Dahlin is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 01:50 PM
  #878
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Thanks for the link - Good news; Pribyl is an intriguing prospect who has the potential to become another late round steal by Timmins. I would be very happy if he joins the AHL next season. Too bad he was playing injured during the last WJC.
At 19 wouldn't a year in the CHL be better for him than jumping into the AHL at 19?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 01:56 PM
  #879
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
At 19 wouldn't a year in the CHL be better for him than jumping into the AHL at 19?
Nobody is going to draft him to go play in the CHL as an overager.

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now  
Old
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
  #880
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Nobody is going to draft him to go play in the CHL as an overager.
while it's unlikely, it could happen if the right situation arose, like when the Sags took Juraj Mikus when he was 19 although Pribyl is a late-birth day and Mikus wasn't.

montreal is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 02:13 PM
  #881
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 2,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Nobody is going to draft him to go play in the CHL as an overager.
If I remember correctly, a few months ago (9-10 months) Rouyn Noranda and/or Val D'Or were interested in Pribyl. I remember listening to a radio interview with the coach of Val D'Or or Rouyn. I understand that it is a lot of time from a junior's hockey perspective but maybe the interest is still there?

That being mentioned, Pribyl is already playing in the Czech premier league right? I doubt the lure of Canadian juniors hockey would be enough to convince him to cross the ocean... the AHL though...

Kjell Dahlin is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 02:14 PM
  #882
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,112
vCash: 500
Kyle Klubertanz signed with HIFK Helsinki of the Finnish SM-liiga for next season.

habsprospects is online now  
Old
05-24-2012, 02:19 PM
  #883
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Nobody is going to draft him to go play in the CHL as an overager.
Didn't realise he was a late 1992 not 1993.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 04:20 PM
  #884
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
If I remember correctly, a few months ago (9-10 months) Rouyn Noranda and/or Val D'Or were interested in Pribyl. I remember listening to a radio interview with the coach of Val D'Or or Rouyn. I understand that it is a lot of time from a junior's hockey perspective but maybe the interest is still there?

That being mentioned, Pribyl is already playing in the Czech premier league right? I doubt the lure of Canadian juniors hockey would be enough to convince him to cross the ocean... the AHL though...
Pribyl appeared in 17 games for the top mens league with Sparta Praha, but more time between the 2nd league and juniors. I guess that if the Habs signed him this summer and advised him it would be in his best interest to play in the CHL, while finding a team that would be a good fit, perhaps it could work out. But with him being under contract with Sparta next year I would be a bit surprised if he's over here next fall.

montreal is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 04:27 PM
  #885
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Pribyl appeared in 17 games for the top mens league with Sparta Praha, but more time between the 2nd league and juniors. I guess that if the Habs signed him this summer and advised him it would be in his best interest to play in the CHL, while finding a team that would be a good fit, perhaps it could work out. But with him being under contract with Sparta next year I would be a bit surprised if he's over here next fall.
Maybe the best option is to sign him but let him play another year over there like they did with Engqvist.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 04:34 PM
  #886
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Maybe the best option is to sign him but let him play another year over there like they did with Engqvist.
they could do that as well but it's not neccessary, since we drafted him and won't lose his rights whereas a strong season from Engqvist and he could have attracted more interest from other teams. Guess it will depend on how close we get to the 50 contract limit, since Pribyl turns 20 in Decemeber, I assume if he's signed this summer but plays in the Czech league he'll count against the 50 contract limit.

montreal is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 05:03 PM
  #887
Slippin Jimmy
You'd Better RUN!
 
Slippin Jimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
At 19 wouldn't a year in the CHL be better for him than jumping into the AHL at 19?
I'll say. Doesn't seem to have worked with Avtsin.

Slippin Jimmy is offline  
Old
05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
  #888
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,447
vCash: 500
Here's a Mathias Brunet article about our 4 Memorial cup prospects:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...8_section_POS2

He asked two scouts from other teams their opinion on them:

-One scout sees Beaulieu as a future top-2 in the NHL
-The other one prefers Tinordi, Beaulieu being a bit weak defensively
-Still both see them as future top-4
-Bournival and Ellis are seen as future secondary players
-Bournival doesn't have offensive upside to be more than a 3rd liner or 4th liner.
-Ellis has occasional brain cramps, isn't reliable enough nor fast enough. Has Gorges' size, but Gorges works twice as hard. Considered as a defensive dman in the NHL. (not sure if it makes sense in english, but it's actually ''twice the competitiveness'')

LeMAD is offline  
Old
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM
  #889
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants
 
shiftycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
Bournival and Ellis Vs Jarred Tinordi for the Memorial Cup Sunday Night!

shiftycanuck is offline  
Old
05-25-2012, 09:29 PM
  #890
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Here's a Mathias Brunet article about our 4 Memorial cup prospects:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...8_section_POS2

He asked two scouts from other teams their opinion on them:

-One scout sees Beaulieu as a future top-2 in the NHL
-The other one prefers Tinordi, Beaulieu being a bit weak defensively
-Still both see them as future top-4
-Bournival and Ellis are seen as future secondary players
-Bournival doesn't have offensive upside to be more than a 3rd liner or 4th liner.
-Ellis has occasional brain cramps, isn't reliable enough nor fast enough. Has Gorges' size, but Gorges works twice as hard. Considered as a defensive dman in the NHL. (not sure if it makes sense in english, but it's actually ''twice the competitiveness'')
Well he's bigger than Gorges and he's definitely reliable. Quickness? Yea, but that's in the AHL.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
05-25-2012, 09:40 PM
  #891
Habiton
Registered User
 
Habiton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Here's a Mathias Brunet article about our 4 Memorial cup prospects:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...8_section_POS2

He asked two scouts from other teams their opinion on them:

-One scout sees Beaulieu as a future top-2 in the NHL
-The other one prefers Tinordi, Beaulieu being a bit weak defensively
-Still both see them as future top-4
-Bournival and Ellis are seen as future secondary players
-Bournival doesn't have offensive upside to be more than a 3rd liner or 4th liner.
-Ellis has occasional brain cramps, isn't reliable enough nor fast enough. Has Gorges' size, but Gorges works twice as hard. Considered as a defensive dman in the NHL. (not sure if it makes sense in english, but it's actually ''twice the competitiveness'')
Thank you for the translation!

Habiton is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 03:56 PM
  #892
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
they could do that as well but it's not neccessary, since we drafted him and won't lose his rights whereas a strong season from Engqvist and he could have attracted more interest from other teams. Guess it will depend on how close we get to the 50 contract limit, since Pribyl turns 20 in Decemeber, I assume if he's signed this summer but plays in the Czech league he'll count against the 50 contract limit.
I assume he will be at the Rookie Camp in June with most Habs propects and if his talent impresses as it should,the optimum move would be to sign him and have him compete with his peers in Hamilton.This providing all players with the best competition against their same age group and talent,instead of breaking in one player like Avtsin against men 3-4 yrs. his senior and not at the skill level he had.Bergevin and Dudley have probably discussed these ideas with coach Jodoin,which would explain his exuberance at having some unexpected extra talent to work with in Pribyl and Nygren.Hamilton Bulldogs could be a very talented young team next season that is building strong competitive blood and character for the Habs future.

S Bah is offline  
Old
05-27-2012, 08:15 AM
  #893
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,996
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Here's a Mathias Brunet article about our 4 Memorial cup prospects:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...8_section_POS2

He asked two scouts from other teams their opinion on them:

-One scout sees Beaulieu as a future top-2 in the NHL
-The other one prefers Tinordi, Beaulieu being a bit weak defensively
-Still both see them as future top-4
-Bournival and Ellis are seen as future secondary players
-Bournival doesn't have offensive upside to be more than a 3rd liner or 4th liner.
-Ellis has occasional brain cramps, isn't reliable enough nor fast enough. Has Gorges' size, but Gorges works twice as hard. Considered as a defensive dman in the NHL. (not sure if it makes sense in english, but it's actually ''twice the competitiveness'')
They have to remember that Gorges wasn't even drafted.

Girardi is another player Ellis could be like. If Ellis because a 4, 5, 6 guy who's physical and blocks shots I'm happy.

Bournival always seemed like an energy guy to me. He's fast and physical.

Analyzer* is offline  
Old
05-27-2012, 11:01 AM
  #894
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,394
vCash: 500
Ellis is probably more talented than Gorges on paper. On paper Gorges shouldn't be in the NHL as anything more than an extra defender. Ellis should make a very useful role player but anyone thinking he's better than Beaulieu or Tinordi needs to temper expectations.

Beaulieu is the kind of player who could have probably made the jump to the AHL this year. Playing for a stacked CHL team probably did him no favours, he's already much more skilled than many of his peers.

Et le But is offline  
Old
05-27-2012, 01:31 PM
  #895
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I think people are under-estimating Ellis and his smarts, his understanding of the game and his reach.

He is really a smart defender with an excellent stick. He knows where to get his body for blocked shots and I dont have an issue with his combatitiveness at all, I think he is quite combative. I dont think he is as erratic with his body as Gorges and maybe not as all-out sacrificial.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
05-27-2012, 02:10 PM
  #896
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I think people are under-estimating Ellis and his smarts, his understanding of the game and his reach.

He is really a smart defender with an excellent stick. He knows where to get his body for blocked shots and I dont have an issue with his combatitiveness at all, I think he is quite combative. I dont think he is as erratic with his body as Gorges and maybe not as all-out sacrificial.
Most importantly he doesn't get out of the play when he blocks shot. You often see junior players laying on the ice, instead of putting a knee down.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 09:35 AM
  #897
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
The center position will get a shot in the arm in Hamilton with Bournival and Pribyl joining Naatinen,Engqvist and Dumont.(Masse and Fortiergoing to wingers)Quailer could be a huge surprise for those that aren't aware of the Habs prospects.He should become a power forward for the Habs in a couple of years.The Goalie situation still is unresolved, just have to wait and see I guess.Hamilton is in for a tough rookie season,lots of talent though.

S Bah is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 10:24 AM
  #898
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
I think Bournival & Leblanc are going to cause teams fits on the forecheck in a couple of years...

Top Corner2 is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 11:16 AM
  #899
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
I think Bournival & Leblanc are going to cause teams fits on the forecheck in a couple of years...
If they can ever manage to gain weight.

le_sean is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 11:25 AM
  #900
lillypad33
Registered User
 
lillypad33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
If they can ever manage to gain weight.
Leblanc will come into camp heavier this season.
Last year he had shoulder surgery and was behind the 8 ball to begin with.

lillypad33 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.