HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2012, 09:31 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

!! Facebook Page for Tickets !!
Discount codes

This thread is for information regarding the Rock (policies, FAQ's, etc). This is NOT for selling tickets. You can find ticket sales here.

Info about the Prudential Center

FAQ's regarding the Prudential Center (including camera info)

Restaurant Info

Directions/Parking

Pre-Paid Parking

Mass Transit Info

Box Office Info

Seating Chart (Devils shoot twice towards the right - section 2-4)

3D Seating Chart

Official Newark Visitor's Guide

Local Watering Holes:
Arena Lounge
Hell's Kitchen
Scully's
Brick City Bar and Grill
Market Street Grill
The Spot Lounge
Sagres Bar & Grill
Edison Ale House
McGovern's Tavern
Uber Burger
Brick City Coffee
Loft 47

Hotel Information:
Hilton Hotel in Newark
Robert Treat Hotel
Hampton Inn in Harrison
*The Prudential Center is not far from Newark Airport, so you can always find hotels near there as well.*

Autograph Information:
For Devils autographs it's on Lafeyette Street, walking towards Broad Street, right before the VIP parking garage. You'll probably see a bunch of people standing out there.

For visiting teams it's on Edison Street, walking towards Broad Street, right past the Devils Den (directly opposite from where the home team comes out).

The last Pru Center thread, being that there were a ton of question/answer sessions:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=987413
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1102419

Mod Note:
Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use.
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Scott04

Copying my post from the old thread, since it will likely never be seen again:

Haven't really seen much in terms of comments, but since it deserves the recognition: I think the event today was run about as perfectly as you could ask. Practice was fun. The flyer on the way in outlining the schedule and general location of the events (that the autos/meet & greets would be on the upper concourse), etc was nice to see. Even though it was relatively basic info, the extra effort to put it in writing for everyone was a good move.

The thing I was happiest to see was the set up of tables all throughout the concourse with a sign saying which player would be where. Let people pick what lines they want to get on from the start and there is zero confusion. Great work of spreading out the "huge" lines (Kovy, Parise, Elias, Brodeur) so that there wouldn't be any traffic issues for those trying to walk by, or seek out other players. I wasn't really looking for much in terms of autographs, mostly a few for friends that were not there, but the players/coaches were definitely friendly. Janssen is nuts and the time on his line was the most entertaining thing of the day by far If it wasn't the end of the event when I was over there, I would have spent time just standing near his table and listening to him talk to people/the line as a whole. Having concession stands open and away from most of the autograph lines was nice as well. Food/drinks were easy to get, but it was in its own quiet area as opposed to trying to navigate lines to get there.

Overall, a very nicely done event. Definitely one of the best I've seen. Its great to see the progress, especially for the same event from last year.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:51 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Kiss some more ass, Scooter

Old
03-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
Kiss some more ass, Scooter
Is that a challenge? But no, it was actually a really well run event. Just about any Devils event I've been to, there's always something that you can easily say was poorly handled, or could have been done better. I didn't have that experience today. Maybe someone could say otherwise, but I was good for the most part.

Actually just remembered the one negative, which I forgot to put in my post before. The way the garage was being handled could have been better. You pull in and they tell you the 4th floor or above (as everything lower is in use/blocked off). Cars kept getting sent up to the very top, yet all of the spots were full up there. Got into a nice jam with the cars trying to turn around in a very narrow area, cars still on the way up, others trying to head back down, etc. Delayed things a good 5-10 minutes and probably created a bit of a headache. But that's when the lower spots opened up and parking was easy. But the parking is semi-handled differently, so it is what it is. Just needs better monitoring of how much room is still there at the top and that's taken care of.

Old
03-30-2012, 10:06 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post

Haven't really seen much in terms of comments, but since it deserves the recognition: I think the event today was run about as perfectly as you could ask. Practice was fun. The flyer on the way in outlining the schedule and general location of the events (that the autos/meet & greets would be on the upper concourse), etc was nice to see. Even though it was relatively basic info, the extra effort to put it in writing for everyone was a good move.

The thing I was happiest to see was the set up of tables all throughout the concourse with a sign saying which player would be where. Let people pick what lines they want to get on from the start and there is zero confusion. Great work of spreading out the "huge" lines (Kovy, Parise, Elias, Brodeur) so that there wouldn't be any traffic issues for those trying to walk by, or seek out other players. I wasn't really looking for much in terms of autographs, mostly a few for friends that were not there, but the players/coaches were definitely friendly. Janssen is nuts and the time on his line was the most entertaining thing of the day by far If it wasn't the end of the event when I was over there, I would have spent time just standing near his table and listening to him talk to people/the line as a whole. Having concession stands open and away from most of the autograph lines was nice as well. Food/drinks were easy to get, but it was in its own quiet area as opposed to trying to navigate lines to get there.

Overall, a very nicely done event. Definitely one of the best I've seen. Its great to see the progress, especially for the same event from last year.
Agreed!...............I was even surprise someone came to the Marty line with a cart full of drinks for us (it was hot as hell over there).

Did you see the kid cut everyone on Janssen line?

Old
03-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Agreed!...............I was even surprise someone came to the Marty line with a cart full of drinks for us (it was hot as hell over there).

I think I got on the line when that kid was leaving/getting kicked out. Heard people on the line/in the area say that kid was doing the same for other big lines and had gotten kicked out of those areas before too.

Old
03-30-2012, 10:13 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

What a badass. I wish he was my son

Old
03-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Is that a challenge? But no, it was actually a really well run event. Just about any Devils event I've been to, there's always something that you can easily say was poorly handled, or could have been done better. I didn't have that experience today. Maybe someone could say otherwise, but I was good for the most part.

Actually just remembered the one negative, which I forgot to put in my post before. The way the garage was being handled could have been better. You pull in and they tell you the 4th floor or above (as everything lower is in use/blocked off). Cars kept getting sent up to the very top, yet all of the spots were full up there. Got into a nice jam with the cars trying to turn around in a very narrow area, cars still on the way up, others trying to head back down, etc. Delayed things a good 5-10 minutes and probably created a bit of a headache. But that's when the lower spots opened up and parking was easy. But the parking is semi-handled differently, so it is what it is. Just needs better monitoring of how much room is still there at the top and that's taken care of.
Probably had something to do with the attendance. Last years practice was on a weekend, you couldn't even get in. This year was on a work day, with 3 days notice. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it wasn't nearly as jam packed?

The Devils know how to run these events, I've been to a few that were great, their problem is getting the correct number of people there because once they reach anywhere near critical mass - all hell breaks loose.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:13 PM
BCdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
What a badass. I wish he was my son
He threw a tantrum at the Parise table. Apparently he has special needs and this is not the first time that he has had those outbursts at a team event. It was unfortunate to see because he probably genuinely enjoys being a fan but has a hard time at these things.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:12 AM
One7nine

I ended up taking the Cirque Immortal Tour tickets between my account and a friend's account I was able to take my wife and kids, who were dying to go to it. Very enjoyable, great seats and an all around good time, great job by the Fan Experience Team.

Old
03-31-2012, 05:31 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdevil View Post
He threw a tantrum at the Parise table. Apparently he has special needs and this is not the first time that he has had those outbursts at a team event. It was unfortunate to see because he probably genuinely enjoys being a fan but has a hard time at these things.
I really didn't care because I would let any kid cut me. However, it was really funny watching everyone react to it though. I didn't know all that but he is normally all over my section anyway so I am use to it.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:53 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

If it's the kid I think you're speaking of, he's always running around the Rock and never near his father. It's kinda sad, actually.

As far as the garage goes, I don't understand why they can't run it properly. I was at the Blood Drive today, which I know the Devils don't really run, but there was the same issue with parking and the levels being full. No one was there, why does it matter where we park?

Old
03-31-2012, 01:28 PM
francese5

Hey guys, I am going to the awards / autograph signing... First time I am doing it and was just wondering what it's like versus the autograph signing / skate with the team? is it easier to get autographs? Less people?

Old
03-31-2012, 03:19 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by francese5 View Post
Hey guys, I am going to the awards / autograph signing... First time I am doing it and was just wondering what it's like versus the autograph signing / skate with the team? is it easier to get autographs? Less people?
If they run it like they did yesterday, it should be much easier. Not sure about less people, but it shouldn't be as bad as the concourse was for the skate.

Just remember, you can only get one autograph from each player, so you won't see people with multiple things at one time.

Old
03-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

A good friend will be at The Rock tonight courtesy a pair of freebies from the Devils for the Cirque Du Soleil show.

I'll be at nearby NJPAC tonight for Classic Albums Live Led Zeppelin: Physical Graffiti.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

What happened to the Moe's stand inside The Rock?
Was it supposed to be a temporary stand just to generate interest for the Newark Penn Moe's?
Or was it run so poorly by the people at the stand that it had to close already?
Or, did it move from near the Fire Lounge to somewhere else?

Old
04-01-2012, 10:23 AM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

Quote:

Cam's line was the best. I was there right at the end too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post

Yeah. I was walking up right as Cam was like "where are this kids parents??"

Old
04-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Probably had something to do with the attendance. Last years practice was on a weekend, you couldn't even get in. This year was on a work day, with 3 days notice. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it wasn't nearly as jam packed?

The Devils know how to run these events, I've been to a few that were great, their problem is getting the correct number of people there because once they reach anywhere near critical mass - all hell breaks loose.
I know I was at the open practice last year, but I really can't recall what the crowd was like. I know it was definitely more packed than this year's, but I just can't remember how much worse it may have seemed. Lines probably also moved much easier this time around since it was known/established that there would be autographs. The events with no autographs are always a lot messier. More people try to take pictures (which take longer as it is), and then you throw in the people that try to convince players to give an autograph or two anyway to slow it down more.

Was last year's open practice the one that had all of the players in just one of the lounges? Or am I thinking of a different event from last year? If it was that one, that's another reason why this was better. Such a tight space is way too small, regardless of the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
If it's the kid I think you're speaking of, he's always running around the Rock and never near his father. It's kinda sad, actually.

As far as the garage goes, I don't understand why they can't run it properly. I was at the Blood Drive today, which I know the Devils don't really run, but there was the same issue with parking and the levels being full. No one was there, why does it matter where we park?
I would understand it if it was on a weekday and closer to the start of some event. The garage is open for public parking, and used by Pru Center staff on a weekday, as well as spaces saved for premium seat ticket holders with passes. But it really doesn't make any sense in these situations where its hours before (and will clear out hours before) the event.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

I hope this year's playoff tickets look as cool as in 2010.. The more shiny and large, the better.. Best day of the year is getting you season tix, but the second best day is getting your playoff tickets

Old
04-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Devs Service Answers

Colin, I won't spoil the surprise, but I really like the design of this year's playoff tickets. I think you'll enjoy them.

Just because I know the question will come up, ticket ops put in the letter that playoff tix prob wont be sent until a week out from the first home game. Given that we're likely the road team...just want to manage expectations that it'll therefore be a little while before you all receive them.

Excited that we've clinched tho. I think I mentioned this earlier, but we had a guy who missed the playoffs every year when he worked for the Kings...then every year with the Rangers....then he came here last year and the Devs missed it for the first time in 15 years. Needless to say, he felt like the mush. But...he was my first email once we clinched and I'm glad he got the monkey off his back.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:20 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devs Service Answers View Post
Colin, I won't spoil the surprise, but I really like the design of this year's playoff tickets. I think you'll enjoy them.

Just because I know the question will come up, ticket ops put in the letter that playoff tix prob wont be sent until a week out from the first home game. Given that we're likely the road team...just want to manage expectations that it'll therefore be a little while before you all receive them.

Excited that we've clinched tho. I think I mentioned this earlier, but we had a guy who missed the playoffs every year when he worked for the Kings...then every year with the Rangers....then he came here last year and the Devs missed it for the first time in 15 years. Needless to say, he felt like the mush. But...he was my first email once we clinched and I'm glad he got the monkey off his back.
Send him back to the rangers please!

Old
04-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Thanks for the info DSA!! Way to build the excitement and then tell us we have to wait a while

Old
04-01-2012, 10:07 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

lol well you can do the math, the playoffs are either starting the following Wednesday or Thursday, which means the first home game will likely be around Sunday-Tuesday. Fan Appreciation would be a nice day to get the tickets, but they might be mailed just after that to fit the week timeline

Old
04-02-2012, 06:18 AM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
lol well you can do the math, the playoffs are either starting the following Wednesday or Thursday, which means the first home game will likely be around Sunday-Tuesday. Fan Appreciation would be a nice day to get the tickets, but they might be mailed just after that to fit the week timeline
Since the Nets have home games on the Saturday and Monday, it's pretty much locked in to Sunday and Tuesday ... unless for some reason the NHL gave them back-to-backs (in different cities) or an extra day off (seems extremely unlikely, especially since it's not necessary)

This also means Game 1 would be on Wednesday

Old
04-02-2012, 07:23 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Have the folks who are getting Awards Ceremony tickets for Wednesday received them in their account yet?

Closed Thread