HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 02:29 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
Are system cameras allowed inside the rock and during games? Don't know where else to ask this question.
What are system cameras?

Digital cameras are allowed...video cameras are not.

Old
06-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
What are system cameras?

Digital cameras are allowed...video cameras are not.
Well "system goalies" have been allowed in the arena for 20 years, so why not "system cameras"?

But seriously, DS, try calling or emailing the PruCenter directly. I emailed them a question myself this morning and got an answer back in 20 mins.

Old
06-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Devilswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
Well "system goalies" have been allowed in the arena for 20 years, so why not "system cameras"?

But seriously, DS, try calling or emailing the PruCenter directly. I emailed them a question myself this morning and got an answer back in 20 mins.
Thanks for that advice! They answered right away and system cameras are indeed allowed. Cool.

Old
06-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
Thanks for that advice! They answered right away and system cameras are indeed allowed. Cool.
Depends on the size though, but I'm assuming you don't have a gigantic lens.

(P.S., a 'system camera' just means the lens/body can be separated/swapped.)

Old
06-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
BG gave some good advice in his last post.

my only comment is about beaches for the weekend. If you're looking for a pretty beach to get some sun and have some peace and quiet, Spring Lake is a great spot. If you're looking for more of the party "jersey shore" feel, try Belmar. its a 15 minute walk from the the Belmar train station to the sand. also some fun bars and good resturants in town too.

also, if you end up in belmar, i live there. so if you need advice about something, hit me up with a PM.
Spring Lake and Belmar are on the same ocean road next to each other, Both are lacking in motels. I'd suggest Seaside Park to stay lots of OK beach type motels and Seaside Heights is Jersey Shore, Spring lake is beautiful tho.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:51 PM
jensi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Dont do what 99% of tourists do and stay in Midtown Manhattan, unless you find a deal. It's expensive, and the subway/bus in NYC is so great, there's really no point, and you'll most likely save money if your hotel is someplace other than midtown. The UWS and UES are good places to look for cheaper hotels. Some people here always recommend people stay in Newark. Do not do that unless you're on a tight budget. It's your vacation, you've never been to America before, and Newark is pretty lame.

Jersey shore? Dont know how important that is to you, but if you're not renting a car you could take the train to the beach. NJTRANSIT from New York Penn Station to the Spring Lake, NJ train stop (about a 0.3km walk to the ocean), and it's one of the nicest beaches in NJ.

Bars outside The Rock? Hells Kitchen for hardcore Devils fans. Brick City Bar & Grill for a more upscale feel. Loft, Edison Ale House, etc.... there are a bunch now.

Devils merchandise will be way more expensive at The Rock. You're better off hitting up a Modells sporting goods store, there are a bunch of them in Manhattan. You probably cant be more than 1.5km from one anywhere in Manhattan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
BG gave some good advice in his last post.

my only comment is about beaches for the weekend. If you're looking for a pretty beach to get some sun and have some peace and quiet, Spring Lake is a great spot. If you're looking for more of the party "jersey shore" feel, try Belmar. its a 15 minute walk from the the Belmar train station to the sand. also some fun bars and good resturants in town too.

also, if you end up in belmar, i live there. so if you need advice about something, hit me up with a PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex3001 View Post
If i wasn't living with my parents still i'd tell you guys to just stay at my place haha. I grew up in Newark and there's plenty of good bars, restaurants, clubs where you guys could spend time outside of Devil's games - for drinking you have the bars right outside the arena already, Edison Ale House, Brick City Bar & Grill, Dino BBQ, Uber Burger (they also sell beer but at arena prices), Hobby's Deli for good diner style food with a great Devil's environment.

After the game head over to Hell's Kitchen to celebrate (assuming they win). For other nights, say you feel like indulging in a more club type of night time adventure, check out Adega's, Vivo, Misavi, Arena Lounge (assuming they reopen or are open again), XL lounge, 118 Lounge.

Other restaurants worth mention include: Allegro Bar and Grill, Adega Grill, Mompou tapas, Altas Horas - this place is a must go after all the celebrating and drinking after a devil's game, they're open 24/7, cheap and delicious burgers.

If you're going to be here for the weekend, spend the day on saturday before the game on Ferry Street, specifically at Iberia Restaurant (the one with the huge parking lot). They'll be showing the Portugal game and if Portugal wins, Ferry Street will be PACKED with celebrating Portugeuse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ_LCxWHsDM). Otherwise, you should be able to catch most of the Euro action at any bar in the area on Ferry Street.

As for Devil's merchandise, you need to go to the NHL store in Manhattan. That's a must stop for any hockey fan visiting the area. http://www.yelp.com/biz/nhl-powered-by-reebok-new-york

As for the beaches/shore this weekend, Belmar betwen 5th and lets say 12th ave are good for the quiet and peaceful day at the beach type of thing. if you want a more "jersey shore" type of beach day full of guidos and all the young joys of life, head over to 16th ave or just go to the beach in Seaside Heights. Another good quiet beach area is Bradley Beach, Avon... the Spring Lake Area. Bradley Beach has a train station.

If you want more help/advice... feel free to contact me personally.

And if you're still looking for a hotel, there's a Hilton attached to Penn station, can't get any more convenient than that. I'm not sure but that may also be where visiting teams have their rooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
For the person asking about Devils merchandise in the area around The Rock.

Aside from the inflated prices at the Devils Den store (although a better selection than other stores) check out the Stadium Shop which is located nearby in the Gateway-which is connected to Newark Penn Station and a short walk from The Rock.
They carry a lot of Devils merchandise and their prices are lower too.
http://www.stadiumshop.net/
They open at 4pm on Saturday and open all day on Friday.

On another note, I just got back from having lunch at Hobby's Deli.
Yet again and as always, great food and you got to like the Devils stuff they have hanging all over the restaurant.
The place was getting packed with people in suits when I was leaving, they do a good lunch crowd.

Thanks everyone for the good and quick answers, very helpful

My friend has a friend who lives on manhattan, dont know wich area, but we will stay there for 5 days. Then my buddy flies to Kiev and watch Sweden in the european championship in soccer, leaving me alone. so visiting the beach will be the weekend after this one if its good weather. Hope i can find some friends to get "drunks" with hehe

Sounds like no prolem to find some devils gear, need to buy some tomorrow so everythings ready for the game saturday.

Hells Kitchen is the best place to drink with devils fans before the game? Hope i can meet some of you there.
Will probably check out the area tomorow, should you be careful walking around there during the day or is it cool?

how about the clubs, is it some dresscode? were 23 and 26 years old, that should not be any problem? where is the best places, new york or some place in jersey?

Old
06-07-2012, 06:15 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post

(P.S., a 'system camera' just means the lens/body can be separated/swapped.)
Oh, so a "system camera" is a real camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensi View Post
Will probably check out the area tomorow, should you be careful walking around there during the day or is it cool?
There's really not a lot to do or see by day in Newark, so for daytime sightseeing you may as well just pick out some of the NYC tourist sights on your list to see and knock those off. Yes, Manhattan is safe walking around by day. It's also safe walking around at night, provided you're below 100'ish street or not in the Bowery'ish area (and I doubt you will be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensi View Post
how about the clubs, is it some dresscode? were 23 and 26 years old, that should not be any problem? where is the best places, new york or some place in jersey?
You'll pretty much want to stick to Manhattan for that too, are you looking for dance clubs or just nicer bars? Either way there are zillions of them. Doubt you'd encounter anyplace with a strict dresscode.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Nick0930

Got oil leaking in my car and can't get it fixed until Tuesday. So how far is JFK from the Prudential Center? And is there a way to get there without spending a fortune in cab fares?

Old
06-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Got oil leaking in my car and can't get it fixed until Tuesday. So how far is JFK from the Prudential Center? And is there a way to get there without spending a fortune in cab fares?

it's like a 45 minute drive depending on traffic...don't know about cabs.
you can use train service to get from jfk to manhattan and then to nj

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-to-from.html

Last edited by Fayne Staley: 06-07-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old
06-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Edr1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
it's like a 45 minute drive depending on traffic...don't know about cabs.
you can use train service to get from jfk to manhattan and then to nj

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-to-from.html
Check into inter airport buses between JFK and Newark airport also

Old
06-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Edr1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edr1971 View Post
Check into inter airport buses between JFK and Newark airport also
Also meant to say check out ny airport service buses to port authority/ penn station then you have more options

Old
06-07-2012, 07:42 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Yes.

Air Train from JFK (which is about $5) to:
Subway ($2.25) to New York Penn Station to:
NJTRANSIT ($5) to Newark Penn (5 minute walk to The Rock)

Total Cost - ~$12.25

Old
06-07-2012, 08:01 PM
DevilBesideYou

Speaking of Newark, pretty sure there will be a Portuguese festival going on since it's Portugal Day weekend.

Closed Thread