HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2012, 03:16 PM
zap14

vCash: 500
Two quick questions.

1. Should season ticket holders have a charge on their credit cards already if they chose the cheer now pay later option? I still haven't been billed yet.

2. Is the Gateway walkway open after the game to walk back to Penn Station?

Old
04-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Devils Dominion
Lou got me picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy3pro View Post
Two quick questions.

1. Should season ticket holders have a charge on their credit cards already if they chose the cheer now pay later option? I still haven't been billed yet.

2. Is the Gateway walkway open after the game to walk back to Penn Station?

Is the Gateway walkway open after the game to walk back to Penn Station?

YES

Old
04-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Devs Service Answers

Cheer Now, Pay Later

If you do that from renewals, then NO, you should not have a charge. You won't get charged until mid-May, until one or two rounds have been played (hopefully 2). That's one of the big incentives of renewal...that you don't have to come out of pocket now, for your playoff tickets.

There is a different payment option for NON season ticket holders called - Pay As We Play. In that option, you do get charged as each game is confirmed...and the prices are higher than STH prices. For example, since we are guaranteed two games, you are charged for the first two games only upon your commitment. That said, you only get charged for each successive game, after they have been confirmed. Hope that helps...

Still haven't had a second on prices given a game day...but will look to carve out time. Sorry.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:51 PM
zap14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devs Service Answers View Post
If you do that from renewals, then NO, you should not have a charge. You won't get charged until mid-May, until one or two rounds have been played (hopefully 2). That's one of the big incentives of renewal...that you don't have to come out of pocket now, for your playoff tickets.

There is a different payment option for NON season ticket holders called - Pay As We Play. In that option, you do get charged as each game is confirmed...and the prices are higher than STH prices. For example, since we are guaranteed two games, you are charged for the first two games only upon your commitment. That said, you only get charged for each successive game, after they have been confirmed. Hope that helps...

Still haven't had a second on prices given a game day...but will look to carve out time. Sorry.

Makes sense to me. Thanks!

Old
04-03-2012, 06:08 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

O man I should have brought my cousin to the game tonight. They were giving out hats to the kids as you come in.

Old
04-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Baggy Spandex
The Nightman Cometh

Anyone have an insight on suites? How many seats so they contain, and what's included? A murder of us are looking to get into one for game 3.

Old
04-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Devs Service Answers

suites

There are:

16 person suites that come with 4 standing room tickets = 20 total (meaning 16 have actual physical seat locations)

20 person suites that come with 4 standing room tickets = 24 total (meaning 20 have actual physical seat locations)

Each come with a food and beverage package included...(roughly $1,000 worth of food and alcohol)...

But as for the price of each suite, email me and I'll send you to the folks on my staff who handle it: ekussin@newjerseydevils.com

Old
04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

When do the deals/discounts start for the playoffs? Nobody with a straight face can tell me those tickets are selling out at those prices

Old
04-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Devs Service Answers

Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
When do the deals/discounts start for the playoffs? Nobody with a straight face can tell me those tickets are selling out at those prices
We've had a tremendous response for renewal cheer now pay later...and then pay as we play for mini plan, single game buyers and group buyers. For the time being, given how things are moving each day, it will continue w the same prices, with the two messages being pay as we play and single game seats.

Will assess what inventory is left over at they point, to determine if there is a group offer sent electronically for single games. But given what had moved thus far, I don't anticipate a huge drop in price. Potentially some value added stuff. As long as location of seats isn't important, it may be worth the wait to see what shakes out. Or...hope the resale market is slow and prices come down there. But just as a heads up...we haven't fulfilled any broker requests for blocks of additionals as we are waiting on how these other seats continue to move.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Devs Service Answers

CJ still owe you on pricing. Hope to get to it today

Old
04-04-2012, 10:57 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
We've had a tremendous response for renewal cheer now pay later...and then pay as we play for mini plan, single game buyers and group buyers. For the time being, given how things are moving each day, it will continue w the same prices, with the two messages being pay as we play and single game seats.

Will assess what inventory is left over at they point, to determine if there is a group offer sent electronically for single games. But given what had moved thus far, I don't anticipate a huge drop in price. Potentially some value added stuff. As long as location of seats isn't important, it may be worth the wait to see what shakes out. Or...hope the resale market is slow and prices come down there. But just as a heads up...we haven't fulfilled any broker requests for blocks of additionals as we are waiting on how these other seats continue to move.
Translation: 2 days before expect the discounts.

*Unless we match up against Pittsburgh

Old
04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
rambler725

Just a short note to all the boarders who read my rants yesterday and an open apology to Eric Kussin. Eric did nothing wrong it just an e-mail snafu by my provider. Eric went above and beyond the call of duty to satisfy my request and I can not believe he resolved everything for me so quickly and efficiently. It is indeed nice to see the Devils staff monitor this board and provide as much help and information to the fans as needed. My one day retirement is over for those who care and i am back again in the Devils Army. Thanks Eric for clearing and cleaning things up for me. Yahoo mail sucks GO DEVILS!

Old
04-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Devils Dominion
Lou got me picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler725 View Post
Just a short note to all the boarders who read my rants yesterday and an open apology to Eric Kussin. Eric did nothing wrong it just an e-mail snafu by my provider. Eric went above and beyond the call of duty to satisfy my request and I can not believe he resolved everything for me so quickly and efficiently. It is indeed nice to see the Devils staff monitor this board and provide as much help and information to the fans as needed. My one day retirement is over for those who care and i am back again in the Devils Army. Thanks Eric for clearing and cleaning things up for me. Yahoo mail sucks GO DEVILS!
Welcome back

Old
04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Devs Service Answers

No problem on the fix, rambler. Glad we got it resolved and glad your back for playoffs and next season.

As I told you on email...the fans who get emotional - we like. It means they care. The ones we fear are the ones who are apathetic.

Thanks for understanding and working through it.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:48 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
CJ still owe you on pricing. Hope to get to it today
Not a problem.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Translation: 2 days before expect the discounts.

*Unless we match up against Pittsburgh
Is Pittsburgh really that much of a draw? I think they're overstated. You often hear them lumped in with Rangers and Flyers, but I just dont see it. Yeah, they're a cut above other opponents, but I dont think most Devils fans view them as a primary rivalry, and it's too long of a drive (~6 hours) for Pens fans for a weekday game.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:57 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler725 View Post
I don't know if we want you back now.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:57 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I don't think /pittsburgh is that huge of a draw but it's miles ahead of Washington and especially Florida

Old
04-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Devs Service Answers

Writing inbetween meetings but here is the gist on playoff pricing. I apologize as I think I went over this in a previous post...so may be repeat for some.

We received league data on all teams that employ variable pricing during the regular season. There are 19 teams besides the devils who employ this strategy, with the rest doing dynamic pricing or having flat pricing.

Of the 19 teams w similar tiers to ours, their average increase for round 1 over their regular season A game price was 23 percent. Their average increase for round 2 over A game price was 35 percent.

Being in more bullish markets than ours, their 23 and 35 percent jumps applied (not in every case but in most cases) to jumps over single game, full face value. Therefore, a sth pays what a single game buyer pays. The jumps are/were not over A game sth price for Sths.

For the devils, to be more conservative, our average jump was 9 percent in round 1 and 17 percent in round 2. Our jumps were over sth price, not single game price, for STHs

The challenge was, while the average was 9 and 17 percent, some of the sections had higher percentage jumps than others. Those decisions were based on the resale prices on the secondary markets for the regular season. For example, the resale price on the 100 level seats were way above face value or A game, hence the higher jump there.

Gotta run but hope that at least helps as a start...

Old
04-04-2012, 12:17 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:

For the devils, to be more conservative, our average jump was 9 percent in round 1 and 17 percent in round 2. Our jumps were over sth price, not single game price, for STHs

The challenge was, while the average was 9 and 17 percent, some of the sections had higher percentage jumps than others. Those decisions were based on the resale prices on the secondary markets for the regular season.
What were the average percent Round 1/2 jumps set at the last time the Devils made the playoffs?

And why would you value looking at other markets average jumps to establish your pricing, rather than your historical in-market data, which is far more relevant? (Maybe I'm misunderstanding someone on this one).

Old
04-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Devs Service Answers

Because what's to say our pricing in previous years, when we didn't have variable pricing, is relevant at all?

Last time the devils made the playoffs, there was no crm....no development of lists by customer, no tracking of digital ads and click thrus by marketing, no funnels and pipelines of relationships built and tracked from partial plan buyers.

There was simply an on sale and a general media message. Can't compare even 2 years ago to now. Different world.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:30 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Because what's to say our pricing in previous years, when we didn't have variable pricing, is relevant at all?

Last time the devils made the playoffs, there was no crm....no development of lists by customer, no tracking of digital ads and click thrus by marketing, no funnels and pipelines of relationships built and tracked from partial plan buyers.

There was simply an on sale and a general media message. Can't compare even 2 years ago to now. Different world.

I hope that you are correct.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Is Pittsburgh really that much of a draw? I think they're overstated. You often hear them lumped in with Rangers and Flyers, but I just dont see it. Yeah, they're a cut above other opponents, but I dont think most Devils fans view them as a primary rivalry, and it's too long of a drive (~6 hours) for Pens fans for a weekday game.
Perhaps you did not notice the thousands of what I call "Jersey Pens" fans who show up at the Rock yet somehow live in Kearny, NJ?

When Penguins jerseys are heading NJ Transit South to Bay Head, NJ with me then yeah, somehow I do not think they are Penn natives.

It makes me sick. It is reaching Steelers levels.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:41 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:

But arent the prices higher than what you were asking 2 years ago? It just seems like in the above, you're looking for a rosy scenario, which I wouldn't call conservative, especially for a Panthers match-up. I would put far more stock in the hard data you have on your historical market tolerance. Obviously you know 1000 times more about this stuff than I, but it seems risky to me, not conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Perhaps you did not notice the thousands of what I call "Jersey Pens" fans who show up at the Rock yet somehow live in Kearny, NJ?

When Penguins jerseys are heading NJ Transit South to Bay Head, NJ with me then yeah, somehow I do not think they are Penn natives.

It makes me sick. It is reaching Steelers levels.
I wonder how many of those are "NBC Hockey fans"? You know the type. They're the most susceptible to marketing gimmicks and have 3 Slap Chops, 2 Snuggies, 4 Ped Eggs, 17 Sham-Wows, and a Bowflex gym at home.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Devs Service Answers

Agreed on Opposing Team Fans

However...just based on the response alone of how many strips/pay as we play have been sold, our building will have far more devils fans than any other type of fan (assuming they don't all try to resell).

I'm pushing our staff to get a good chunk of our seats sold as strips, so that devils fans own their seats for ALL games of the playoffs...and not as many are sold on the single game market. Willing to take less revenue, in order to have Devs fans in the building, dominating.

Closed Thread