HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Melee in the NBA: The Ron Artest Story

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2004, 10:41 PM
lenmchast

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to lenmchast Send a message via Yahoo to lenmchast
OT-Melee in the NBA: The Ron Artest Story

Saw the suspensions sent down to the participants in the crazy-a$$ Pacers-Pistons melee Friday night, and believe Ron Artest could've gotten more. In addition to being gone for the rest of the season, I really think the NBA should really consider outright banning Artest from ever playing another game in their league for life. If he wants to earn a living playing basketball, he can do it either in the CBA or in Europe or Asia. This would really show the public and players how serious they are in making sure nothing like this ever happens again. I personally think its about time the NBA puts its foot down on lowlife players like Artest, and remind them that they don't dictate what is allowed in the NBA. Too many of these kind of players have gotten away with too much for too long.

Please don't think that I'm absolving the fans from any blame for what happened Friday night. IMO, any fan, found via videotape, to have both thrown stuff AND get physically involved should not only be banned from the arena, but should also be charged with simple assault. And those who just threw stuff should also be banned from the arena.

I don't know; what do you all think?

Old
11-21-2004, 11:08 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Artest set it up on purpose so he could record his rap album.

Old
11-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

what do you expect out of the classy fans in Detroit

Old
11-21-2004, 11:27 PM
RoDu

fans in Saskatchewan, Canada are just as bad. After their kicker missed a FG in OT of a conferance final football game, some fans proceded to egg his house, dump manure on his yard and threaten his familly over the phone

Old
11-22-2004, 08:19 AM
flyersrock1

If I was laying around and some one threw a beer at and on me I would go after him too. And anyone in the room that says they would not was never a fan of the Broad Street Bullies. One season is long enought. Not a fan of the "man" but he acted like most people would of. Fans need to stay in the stands AND not throw stuff at the players. It's a beer this time next time it could be a knife. As for O'Neil he just protected his team on the court. He got riped, 10 games would of be too many.

Old
11-22-2004, 10:12 PM
lenmchast

Send a message via AIM to lenmchast Send a message via Yahoo to lenmchast
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersrock1
If I was laying around and some one threw a beer at and on me I would go after him too. And anyone in the room that says they would not was never a fan of the Broad Street Bullies. One season is long enought. Not a fan of the "man" but he acted like most people would of. Fans need to stay in the stands AND not throw stuff at the players. It's a beer this time next time it could be a knife. As for O'Neil he just protected his team on the court. He got riped, 10 games would of be too many.
Well, that response leads me to this profound question: WHAT THE HELL WAS ARTEST DOING LAYING ON THE SCORER'S TABLE TO BEGIN WITH!?!?!?! What positive outcome was he expecting by doing that? He might as well have put up a neon sign on himself saying "Take your best shot, chumps!!"

Again, I maintain that the fans share as much, if not more, blame as the players. I mean, for a bunch of white-collar, predominantly white middle-class folks, they sure acted like a bunch of f***in' savage children. Geez, and people get their panties in a bunch about Philly fans. We may have tossed some snowballs at Santa, and we may have set off flares at the Vet. However, apart from the dumbf**k who fell into the penalty box with Domi that one playoff game, at least we know not to cross that line of decency and get into it physically with opposing team atheletes.

Bottom line here, folks, is one thing you can be sure of; this incident is proof of a lack of civility in our society as well as in the sports world. I mean, for God's sakes, we, meaning all atheletes and all sports fans (with all due respect to all female and child sports fans) are men. Not freaks, not wild animals; MEN!!! Every single solitary participant in that melee in Detroit Friday night are men. This means that, in every action we take in our lives (as well as in every reaction we take to whatever befalls us) judgement, logic, reason, patience, and dignity must always prevail over ignorance, hostility, unbridled emotion and ultimately violence. Otherwise, we are no better than wild animals.

Old
11-23-2004, 08:50 AM
flyersrock1

What was he doing on the table you ask. Easy, he is not all there. If you have seen any of his interviews it very quickly becomes clear that he is not a overly smart man. His way of staying out of a fight with Big Ben was to lay on the table. Something a high scool kid would do. Which is where he is mentality.

Old
11-23-2004, 10:11 AM
fan mao rong

The solution for Basketball lies in returning to it's roots. Originally Basketball players played in a cage. That's why they call them cagers. That's the ticket.

Old
11-23-2004, 12:18 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
This is all I have to say on this matter:

A fan at Sunday's Eagles game in Philadelphia expresses his take on Friday’s NBA ugliness between Pacers players and Pistons fans.

Old
11-23-2004, 09:31 PM
flyersrock1

Hey it's not as bad as over sea's. Matt Bonner for the Raptors said today that last season in Italy, in a game against his team's top rivals, the fans got so bad that when they met next time no one was allowed in the place but the players. A game with no fans.

Closed Thread