HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Dion Jumped Brayden

Old
03-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Espher

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
Based on the Toronto media and these boards, I think now is a good time to invest heavily in a tinfoil hat producing company.

Anyone know of any that need an angel investor?

Espher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:26 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espher View Post
Based on the Toronto media and these boards, I think now is a good time to invest heavily in a tinfoil hat producing company.

Anyone know of any that need an angel investor?
Balsillie resigned from RIM. He could be a good one.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Wendelstache

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Trying to understand what game you were watching
no hard feelings, we probably watch it with different 3d glasses.

your is blue and white with lots of maple leafs, mine is probably with lots black and doom and gloom

Wendelstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:29 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelstache View Post
no hard feelings, we probably watch it with different 3d glasses.

your is blue and white with lots of maple leafs, mine is probably with lots black and doom and gloom
It's not even that

Phaneuf was going after Hartnell all game. To a fault almost. He certainly wasn't ducking him.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:29 AM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
if that did happen, and Phaneuf and Schenn weren't on the same team next season, i hope Schenn is the one who remains a Leaf.

and yes....i know the chances of Phaneuf being traded this offseason are 0%.

Phaneuf has only gotten worse since his first few seasons in Calgary, while Schenn will continue to grow. it's funny how most fans agree the Leafs lack grit more than anything...yet Schenn (the guy who leads the league in hits) is usually the first name thrown out in our trade proposal threads.
This. I really hope schenn doesn't get traded.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Only in Toronto must a captain tip-toe around player feelings.

'Awww sorry for yelling at you in practice. buddy'

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:34 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Gilmour View Post
It's not rocket science. I didn't see this incident in question, but if this is true then Schenn got what was coming to him. Luke needs to see that, but he still has to protect his brother. Phaneuf is the capitan of the team and is responsible for standing up for the team and representing. I can't teach my brothers everything in life because somethings come the hard way and there is no way around it. Same applies for Luke and Brayden.

But this has shades of his Calgary days written all of it.
Try and watch the "incident". the yahoos are making this seem like some premeditated act of murder. Phaneuf hugged Schenn...Seriously the IQ around here.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Locker room problems are a good possibility, especially when a team is losing like this. Having said that, Brady and his theory is the biggest stretch I can think of. Do Schenn and Dion have problems? Hey, it's possible but by no means do I see a shoving match with Brayden Schenn as evidence. Brayden was just as much the aggressor in that situation as Phaneuf.....wait~ Maybe Brayden and Luke have problems so Brayden went after Luke's captain! It all makes sense.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Wendelstache

Quote:
It's not even that

Phaneuf was going after Hartnell all game. To a fault almost. He certainly wasn't ducking him.
they both poosed out when push came to shove, fake the drop of the gloves.

never like to see that.

Wendelstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:37 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelstache View Post
if you want to show emotion, show it when it matters, go fight/rough up Hartnell or Simmonds when it counted, not some 20 year old kid when the score is 7-1.
Phaneuf has fought Hartnell. What's your point? In fact he tried to fight him earlier in the game.

Phaneuf rode Schenn into the boards. Schenn slashed Phaneuf while he was on the ice. Pushing and shoving ensued. OMG!

Schenn has had multiple fights this year -- is Phaneuf supposed to back down? If Phaneuf didn't shove back everyone would be talking about what a ***** he is.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Only insight we had was Phaneuf chirping Kessel about his cookie in ASG

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:40 AM
Dayjobdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Phaneuf has fought Hartnell. What's your point? In fact he tried to fight him earlier in the game.

Phaneuf rode Schenn into the boards. Schenn slashed Phaneuf while he was on the ice. Pushing and shoving ensued. OMG!

Schenn has had multiple fights this year -- is Phaneuf supposed to back down? If Phaneuf didn't shove back everyone would be talking about what a ***** he is.
This. Then Feschuk could have written about that incident instead of fantasizing about Phaneuf missing a surprise party for Mats Sundin as the downfall of the team.

Dayjobdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

NEWSFLASH: Phanooof is the most HATED player by NHL players.

Well, we all know all the "turmoil" this team has gone through in the past two months... must be an inside thing.

I don't understand how can a team falter this much when they were in a good spot, makes no sense.

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:50 AM
The Messenger

Quote:
Balsillie resigned from RIM. He could be a good one.

The Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:52 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
NEWSFLASH: Phanooof is the most HATED player by NHL players.

Well, we all know all the "turmoil" this team has gone through in the past two months... must be an inside thing.

I don't understand how can a team falter this much when they were in a good spot, makes no sense.
I don't think it was hated, it was voted most overrated...anyhow, Fanoof is arrogant like Burkie, nuff said...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Suntouchable13

Why would Luke even have a problem with what Dion did to Brayden during a GAME? It wasn't anything dirty. There are no friends on the ice from the other team, even if it is your brother. It's not like Dion jumped Brayden after the game outside of the ACC.

Suntouchable13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:01 AM
Gert B Frobe

“We require, as a team, proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence,” Burke began his introductory press conference at the Air Canada Centre. “That’s how our teams play."

-Brian Burke

He's got Dion Phaneuf as captain of a team with this in mind. If that doesn't scream "FIRE ME NOW" I don't know what does. There is no similarity between the Leafs of the last 4 years and the Ducks of 2007. The Ducks were a tough team that had lots of skill and a good goalie. The Leafs are a leaderless, soft team lacking skill and a goalie.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:30 AM
JackJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
“We require, as a team, proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence,” Burke began his introductory press conference at the Air Canada Centre. “That’s how our teams play."

-Brian Burke

He's got Dion Phaneuf as captain of a team with this in mind. If that doesn't scream "FIRE ME NOW" I don't know what does. There is no similarity between the Leafs of the last 4 years and the Ducks of 2007. The Ducks were a tough team that had lots of skill and a good goalie. The Leafs are a leaderless, soft team lacking skill and a goalie.
He's assembled a complete Frankenstein of a team.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:02 AM
kman55

brady is the most annoying voice on radio.......especially when he goes into rants....fuking annoying as hell

luke gave bradyen a sweet pass for first goal.......maybe this pissed dion off

and again we only have brown and no orr to stand up to our captain.......no wonders other teams like playing acc........no knock on brownie but he is only one who can fight but not a heavy weight........another screw up BB, you got rosehill on bench but not doing his job........get parros in town now

kman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:15 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
It is funny, when people dislike the story they attack the person who reports it....

There are issues in the dressing room....as I said a long while ago. Funny how there are two different stories in the media today.

There will be more trust me.
So true, everyone is troll when they disrupt Leaf Nation harmony

As far as the both won't be on the same team comment.... meh, trade both, personally I don't care

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Greg McKegg

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
Most of your posts I don't agree with, but this one absolutely. Here's some stats from this season

Dion Phaneuf
TOR D
GP 78
Hits 207 (This stat is quite good for him)
Blocks 122 (Quite good as well)
Missed Shots 88 (This is horrendous)
Giveaways 73 (Horrible as well, Gardiner has 72 which is not good either)
Shooting percentage 5.2%

Just watching the games you can see Dion handles the puck way too much and plays way too many minutes.
Shea Weber
GP 74
Hits 172
Blocks 130
Missed shots 98
Giveaways 54
Shooting % 7.7

Both players play a similar play style with similar stats, yet Weber is on a much more defensive oriented team and has a goalie he can rely on.Swap players and you are likely screaming for Webers' head.

I'm not sure most of the people on these boards have played defense or even hockey for that matter.. but if you cannot trust your goalie or system... your game changes around that.

Phaneuf has made alot of mistakes and is overpaid, and maybe shouldn't be Captain(up for debate as no-one here is in the room), but he is far from a bad player.

Greg McKegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:26 AM
newfy

Quote:
Probably one of the dumber things I'll read today and the day is just getting started!

Good reason no one listens to Brady
Where theres smoke, theres usually fire. You can deny all you want but Phaneuf was moved from Calgary for locker room reasons, there has been rumours out of Toronto about him having issues earlier this year and now theres more rumours about him. I know some fans have alove affair with him cause he throws a big hit every now and then but only an idiot would dismiss them completely.

A team with skill like Toronto has probably has soemthing going on behind the scenes for a collapse of this magnitude

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:28 AM
LC

********. Lets not make excuses for Schenn's play this year, he has sucked and no "rift" is going to make him slow and clueless out on the ice.

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McKegg View Post
Shea Weber
GP 74
Hits 172
Blocks 130
Missed shots 98
Giveaways 54
Shooting % 7.7

Both players play a similar play style with similar stats, yet Weber is on a much more defensive oriented team and has a goalie he can rely on.Swap players and you are likely screaming for Webers' head.

I'm not sure most of the people on these boards have played defense or even hockey for that matter.. but if you cannot trust your goalie or system... your game changes around that.

Phaneuf has made alot of mistakes and is overpaid, and maybe shouldn't be Captain(up for debate as no-one here is in the room), but he is far from a bad player.
This is what I have been saying. Playing in a full out offense system badly exposes defensemen. We should see a better season from all our defensemen under Carlyle.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:33 AM
birddog*

Poor Brayden. I hope he'll be ok.