Old
03-31-2012, 09:34 AM
parrosfan16

vCash: 505
Mat Clark

https://twitter.com/#!/PSCrunchHocke...91221230428160

Quote:
Yawney confirms Clark has been recalled

Sounds like he has made some good strides at becoming better the last 2 seasons in Syracuse.

Quote:
And, if true, good luck to Clark, who has been very persistent in his efforts to get better down here and earn a callup.

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:54 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
He's look pretty solid the last couple of Crunch games I've seen, looking forward to seeing him with the big club.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Unholy

vCash: 500
Now this is interesting. Shame I have work tonight but I guess I'll tape it to see how he does if I can't stream the game.

03-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Awesome! It is his first call up, right? I like him right after we drafted him.

Even though, not sure if he will get a chance.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:16 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Great! This should affect speculations about next season's defence lineup. Although, could he really replace anyone else than maybe Brookbank? Would it be a move forward or just a lateral move?

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:10 AM
5minsforfighting

Great news, he deserves it!
Wishing him the best against big boys.

5minsforfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Great! This should affect speculations about next season's defence lineup. Although, could he really replace anyone else than maybe Brookbank? Would it be a move forward or just a lateral move?
What speculation?

As much as i like him, i want Brookbank to stay for atleast another year, with Clark as a call-up option from our farm team, wherever it will be. Clark will need atleast one more year in the minors to round out his game, but for now - it will be great to take a look at him if he will play.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

I think you're all reading too much into this. BB has said he thinks he owes it to the teams in the Pacific race to ice his strongest lineup, so unless Lydman is hurt again this is likely just to be the 7th defenseman because Guenin broke his face. Maybe tomorrow however against Edmonton.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Awesome! It is his first call up, right? I like him right after we drafted him.

Even though, not sure if he will get a chance.
He really should. I was surprised to see this happen to begin with, right now, as the Crunch are still in the playoff race. No point in finally calling him up if they don't intend to have him on the ice to see what he can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Too early to tell. There's certainly potential for it to be a move forward, but especially with the way Brookbank has looked some time of this year, it probably should not be expected to be a huge step right away. But he's still not signed, and with the UFA market being what it is, he might hope that some GM gives him the (Jeff) Finger (treatment). So it's probably not the worst idea to get an impression of how much hope we can reasonably invest in him being able to step in next year.

EDIT: Maybe DDVM is right, though. I wouldn't really love that approach, but it's certainly possible.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
He really should. I was surprised to see this happen to begin with, right now, as the Crunch are still in the playoff race. No point in finally calling him up if they don't intend to have him on the ice to see what he can do.
I was surprised to and actually happy to hear. But, outside of tonights game, the Crunch wont play until wednesday, and we had to call up someone anyway, since some of our `s are out or questionable. I`m sure he will be sent back until wednesday.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:35 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
What speculation?

As much as i like him, i want Brookbank to stay for atleast another year, with Clark as a call-up option from our farm team, wherever it will be. Clark will need atleast one more year in the minors to round out his game, but for now - it will be great to take a look at him if he will play.
Well, Ducks' defence isn't set so there's room for speculation about what it will look like.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I was surprised to and actually happy to hear. But, outside of tonights game, the Crunch wont play until wednesday, and we had to call up someone anyway, since some of our `s are out or questionable. I`m sure he will be sent back until wednesday.
Yeah, true, with that schedule, it makes some sense regardless of whether he actually ends up playing.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Exit Dose

Well, we do have Hegarty joining Syracuse, so they might be able to spare him.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:22 PM
crunchrulz

OUCH. With Smaby out for probably the season due to a hand/wrist injury, this is a most unexpected move. Great for Clark, he has played well enough to deserve it. Terrible for the Crunch as Clark is the most physical and stay at home of the defensemen. Oh well, this is what a farm team is for.

crunchrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
How would you say Clark looks compared to when you first saw him last season? Any progress there?

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:39 PM
crunchrulz

He should have been called up before Guenin. His play has been good to excellent all year, and he shows more emotion on the ice then Guenin. Since returning from injury, he is one of the first to head in the direction of more talented teammates and his goalie when things get dicey. Hopefully, he continues his strong play. The timing is just real bad for the Crunch as they are in seventh but less than ten points out of 14th.

crunchrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
I hope he's nasty. Need more dicketry.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchrulz View Post
He should have been called up before Guenin. His play has been good to excellent all year, and he shows more emotion on the ice then Guenin. Since returning from injury, he is one of the first to head in the direction of more talented teammates and his goalie when things get dicey. Hopefully, he continues his strong play. The timing is just real bad for the Crunch as they are in seventh but less than ten points out of 14th.
That's probably exactly why he wasn't called up first. Better to get consistent ice time with the Crunch than spend most of the game on the bench(if he sees the ice at all).

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:15 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchrulz View Post
Thanks.

I have a personal, unfounded opinion that Palmieri tends to sulk after being demoted, at least sometimes. What's your impression of that?

Old
03-31-2012, 02:38 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Thanks.

I have a personal, unfounded opinion that Palmieri tends to sulk after being demoted, at least sometimes. What's your impression of that?
He definitely showed glimpses of not playing 100% in the game after being sent down. He had a couple lazy turnovers, one was right in front of the net that gave the other team a scoring chance.

He was flying on some shifts as well, had some steals that led to chances, and he was all over the ice in OT.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:47 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:

Too early to tell. There's certainly potential for it to be a move forward, but especially with the way Brookbank has looked some time of this year, it probably should not be expected to be a huge step right away. But he's still not signed, and with the UFA market being what it is, he might hope that some GM gives him the (Jeff) Finger (treatment). So it's probably not the worst idea to get an impression of how much hope we can reasonably invest in him being able to step in next year.

EDIT: Maybe DDVM is right, though. I wouldn't really love that approach, but it's certainly possible.
I bet Murray is really upset that he has to look for another AHL affiliate next year and doesn't care.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
I bet Murray is really upset that he has to look for another AHL affiliate next year and doesn't care.
I could see him not having Syracuse's success as an abstract organisation at his priorities, but having your young players play in the playoffs and potentially go deep there definitely is something he'd most certainly want. I guess.

Old
03-31-2012, 03:02 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
I could see him not having Syracuse's success as an organisation at his priorities, but having your young players play in the playoffs and potentially go deep there definitely is something he'd want. I guess.
Totally.

We all want it after all.

Old
03-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
He definitely showed glimpses of not playing 100% in the game after being sent down. He had a couple lazy turnovers, one was right in front of the net that gave the other team a scoring chance.

He was flying on some shifts as well, had some steals that led to chances, and he was all over the ice in OT.
I see, thanks. The game tonight is against Binghamton, isn't there a guy that streams those games?

Old
03-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Jerky Leclerc

The Ducks have to get a sense of Clark for next year. If he can handle the NHL speed and skill level, we might see him in the 6th/7th position next season.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote