HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question/comment about this board...

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2012, 08:29 AM
DoggyII

vCash: 500
Question/comment about this board...

Let me preface my post:
  1. I am a very long time lurker (don't feel I am hockey knowledgeable enough to be a regular poster...although I watch almost every game), infrequent contributor
  2. Please don't take this post as a complaint or straight criticism, more of an observation and wondering if the mods have considered handling threads differently.

I think the mods do a great job of keeping the board organized but I sometimes wonder if threads are merged to excess. Examples...
  1. If I want to discuss Boone Jenner or Sean Collins, it is going to be merged into a 36 page thread that starts on Page 1 with a list of our Top Ten Prospects that includes Voracek, Filatov, Brass, Mason, Brule, Lindstrom, Pineault, Methot and Sestito. At the very least, there should be one thread for each season.
  2. I started a post to discuss the "NHL Three Stars" for this week. That got merged into a thread called "Interesting Info" that starts with Andrew Murray on waivers, talks about the CBJ giving away tickets to Cavs and Monsters games, to Mason's new pads (etc). How are these discussions really linked? I can't even find my own posts because I can't figure out where they have been filed?
  3. When I read a thread, it is fun to read the entire thread and see what everyone has said but the threads on these boards can be so long and cover such a broad area of topics they feel disjointed. If I start a thread about the three stars of the week and someone else starts a thread about Jack Johnson playing 30 minutes per game, they both would get moved to the same thread. Two different conversations going on in at the same table is confusing.

OK, I am sorry, I don't want to sound like a whiner (I realize I probably do). I use the chat room for game days but to me the every day board is not very user friendly because it feels over-moderated.

I realize I have no standing here as an infrequent contributor but I wanted to air my opinion on this topic. I like this board because it is more active than The Dispatch or OBR boards but the extreme consolidation of threads makes it significantly harder to navigate to topics and discussions I am more interested in reading about or contributing to.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:54 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Your opinion is just as valued as anyone else's, and I mean that honestly, not as "we're all worthless." I guess I don't agree with your premise, because I'm probably as un-savvy in the computer world as anyone here, but I have no trouble keeping up with the varying threads. Perhaps it's because I just start with the oldest comment posted since I last was here and follow chronologically. As for GDT vs. Chat, I prefer the message board format.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:08 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Honestly, Unless its a thread with "sticking power" (a long discussion, several hundred responses potential), it will likely be moved at some point to clean up the board, The NHL three stars discussion you opened would probably be best served in the "around hockey (not cbj specific)" thread.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:10 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Dog, just PM the mods and ask them to restore your thread. Sometimes they are human.

...or include a poll. Polls have a .0021% better chance of being a thread. 100% if Samkow cant find a wifi hotspot before he reports back from his work release job.

Closed Thread