Notices

2012 Draft Pick - Radek Faksa

Old
04-01-2012, 09:59 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni Giroux View Post
buffalo will have 11 likely, and will likely take Faksa if he is available, i doubt he goes past carolina tbh

I can see the sabres using your second to move up to nab him also

Gaunce would be good for CGY same with Ceci
I doubt Buffalo takes another center man I think they go after a defenseman.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Evgeni Giroux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I doubt Buffalo takes another center man I think they go after a defenseman.
I think us and you guys have very similar needs, buffalo's has Hodgson, Ennis, and Roy down the middle and would look to add size in Gaunce, Grigensons, or Faksa.

Buffalos list would look like this likely(ok my list as a sabres fan)

Yakupov
Grigerenko
Forsberg
Galchenyuk
Murray
Dumba
Reinhart
Trouba
Reilly
Faksa
Gaunce
Teravainen
Ceci
Grigensons

similar to CGY ?

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni Giroux View Post
I think us and you guys have very similar needs, buffalo's has Hodgson, Ennis, and Roy down the middle and would look to add size in Gaunce, Grigensons, or Faksa.

Buffalos list would look like this likely(ok my list as a sabres fan)

Yakupov
Grigerenko
Forsberg
Galchenyuk
Murray
Dumba
Reinhart
Trouba
Reilly
Faksa
Gaunce
Teravainen
Ceci
Grigensons

similar to CGY ?
Yea thats about it but I think Calgary will draft ahead of Buffalo and so buffalo will get a dman.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:14 AM
tfong

http://www.allhabs.net/canadiens-pro...e-radek-faksa/

Quote:
MONTREAL, QC. — At a daunting six foot three, two hundred pounds, Radek Faksa brings an enticing package of towering size, speed, skill and strength. Faksa, born in Opava, Czech Republic, was drafted 22nd overall by the Kitchener Rangers in the 2011 CHL Import draft, and since then has had a stellar rookie campaign.

(Photo by Aaron Bell/OHL Images)
Faksa brings solid offensive instincts, mixed with great speed, superb hockey sense, and quick decision making. Faksa has a solid wrister that he can deploy effortlessly, and while it has not been classified as an elite shot, scouts say it is extremely deceptive, and catches many goaltenders off guard with the alarming speed and accuracy. It has been said that Faksa’s hockey sense is borderline elite, and is often been referred to as his best asset. Along with Faksa’s mouth-watering package, he brings strong physical play, and excels at working in the dirty areas. Due to Faksa’s strong hockey sense he often is in the right place at the right time which can do wonders for any teammate who are looking to make a quick outlet pass.

While Faksa’s assets seem like the ideal combination for a big center; it is the belief of many scouts that none of his assets are truly elite and if he could take any one of them to the next level he could be considered a strong candidate to be a top line player. As mentioned, Faksa’s hockey sense is the closest to an elite-level, but it’s been said that if he could develop more confidence in his skill, and trust his abilities, he could be a dominant player in the NHL. The beneficial aspect to this would be that confidence is often earned through experience; therefore it is not out of the question that Faksa can develop into a top-line forward. Due to Radek’s size, and board-play, it is the belief of some scouts that he may be converted to a wing position to be used more effectively. Radek must also develop more strength to truly harness the power of his six foot three frame.

Faksa is an excellent player with a very bright future; with his strong two-way ability, and great hockey sense, he could develop into a solid second line center. If he manages to excel in his development, and gain confidence, along with improving his speed he could fit the mold of a strong 1B center that keeps fans on the edge of their seats. Drafting players is often referred to as an art-form, with NHL scouts wielding their picks as a painter would his paintbrush; if all goes well for Radek Faksa he could be a great pick in the 2012 NHL Entry draft.

Radek Faksa is projected to go anywhere between picks ten and fifteen.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

One of Reinhart, Faksa or Gaunce would be ideal imo.

I'm wanting to collect all the Reinharts, and I've liked Gaunce as a Toews/Bergeron style center for a while. Faksa has the most upside but bigger bust potential.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Faksa has the most upside but bigger bust potential.
I don't think he has that much bust potential. I think he's a sure fire second line C. He's probably not elite enough to be a #1, but he looks like everything else you'd want.

http://thehockeywriters.com/radek-fa...-up-the-ranks/

If he keeps rising like this, he'll be gone before the Flames pick.

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Evgeni Giroux

I dont think Faksa has bust potential at all, he is a safe bet to be a 2C with 1C upside.

for the flames Teravainen would look good along side Baertchi for the future.

Old
04-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
I don't think he has that much bust potential. I think he's a sure fire second line C. He's probably not elite enough to be a #1, but he looks like everything else you'd want.

http://thehockeywriters.com/radek-fa...-up-the-ranks/

If he keeps rising like this, he'll be gone before the Flames pick.
Sorry, I wasn't entirely clear. Faksa is a top six or bust kinda player. Gaunce on the other hand, is probably a safe bet to play in the bottom six if his offense doesn't pan out.

Edit: NVM. My brain is fried and its Monday. I think I'm thinking of Girgenson in terms of boom or bust.

Old
04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
TheHudlinator

I would love to be able to trade up and get Alex Galchenyuk but I don't see anyway he gets past the Ducks.

Old
04-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I would love to be able to trade up and get Alex Galchenyuk but I don't see anyway he gets past the Ducks.
i dont think the ducks draft him, i think they'll go for gaunce...
i want one of :

Trouba (dreaming)
Dumba (dreaming)
Faska
Reinhart(most wanted )
Galchenyuk (depends on if GM's get scared off by the injury)
Maattia
or
Gaunce

Picks i want nothin to with:
Ceci
Yakubov (russian factor i like canadians, swedes, finns, and now swiss )
Rielly
Girgensons

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
i dont think the ducks draft him, i think they'll go for gaunce...
i want one of :

Trouba (dreaming)
Dumba (dreaming)
Faska
Reinhart(most wanted )
Galchenyuk (depends on if GM's get scared off by the injury)
Maattia
or
Gaunce

Picks i want nothin to with:
Ceci
Yakubov (russian factor i like canadians, swedes, finns, and now swiss )
Rielly
Girgensons
Ceci is really, really good, he would be a really good player for you guys

Old
04-02-2012, 09:40 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

"Fasktastic" the new "Svensational"

RIP Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:21 PM
lggy

Collberg is my pick as well, I also feel like he can be the next Baertschi of the draft, kid has great wheels and a elite wrist shot according to scouts. Only thing differentiating him and Filip Forsberg is their size, Collberg is 5'11 175lbs where as Forsberg is 6'1 176lbs. With an elite wrist shot, you'd think he'd score like crazy with Sven dishing all the pucks to him. :3 a potential line of Baertschi - Backlund - Collberg
Surprisingly, Collberg looks like the fastest of the three.

*Also the flames have a really weak RW prospect pool. After Iginla, there really isn't anyone else.

If this Faksa is gone by the flames pick, the flames must pick this kid.

lggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:25 AM
tfong

I don't get the infatuation with Gaunce really. The guy is too safe, reminds me of old Flames picks.

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2012/0...rendan-gaunce/

Quote:
The Basics: Classic two-way centre for the Belleville Bulls; 27 goals and 37 assists for 64 points in 63 games played.

Strengths: Much of Gaunce’s value comes from his ability to contribute in a variety of ways on the ice. He’s a talented offensive player with good instincts who can both distribute and put the puck in the back of the net. He’s got a good head on his shoulders and is an active player at both ends of the rink. Brendan has a power forward’s build with the potential to grow into a sturdy 6’2 or 6’3 frame as well as the know-how to make the most of it. He’s well coached across the board and should figure into a leadership role at the next level. Those quality heart and soul guys everybody’s always looking for? Here’s one of ‘em. There is little risk with this selection as he figures at worst to be a quality grinder. Brother Cameron is a young defenseman in the Colorado Avalanche organization.

Weaknesses: What sounds like an sexy pick to an NHL coach might not necessarily be the case to the fans. If a team selects Gaunce somewhere toward the top end of the first round, it’ll be because they’re looking for all of those intangibles that are so hard to acquire via other means. The potential downside to a draft position that high is that Brendan’s offensive ceiling and star potential likely doesn’t rival that of the other high ranked skaters on the board. His skating stride is powerful but not ideal and he has difficulty stickhandling and weaving effectively at high speeds. He’s more of a down and dirty, grind along the boards, set up five on five type of player, which certainly holds tremendous value but may not be the kind that hits the scoresheet quite as often.

Draft Day Outlook: Gaunce is one of those players whose draft stock always seems to be in flux leading up to the draft, but invariably ends up going much higher than anticipated. He was a big-time scorer in Midget hockey and was the 2nd overall selection in the OHL Draft, so it may not be wise to disregard his ceiling. He’s been projected as high as 7th overall by ISS to as low as 25th overall by Red Line Report. Ultimately, I think he compares similarly to players like Ryan Johansen, Mark McNeill, Mark Scheifele and Ryan O’Reilly. If I were a betting man, I’d guess some team is going to fall in love with his character and nab him toward the back end of the top ten. He should be ready for the NHL after a year of junior and project as a strong #2 centre down the road.
http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...-rankings-130/

Quote:
DOB: Mar. 25/94 | Shoots: L | Height: 6.02 | Weight: 215lbs
Gaunce is never going to be the type of player to wow you with dynamic offensive flair, but you can rest assured he brings more than enough to the table. As one of the top two-way forwards in the draft, Gaunce has developed into a player that a coach can feel confident in putting on the ice in any situation. He has good size and competes hard, winning lots of puck battles and being a difficult player to contain. His game is centered around his ability to do the little things and his intangibles, such as leadership, are qualities that separate him from others. Gaunce is still a very capable offensive player and has a good scoring touch, especially around the net. His skating still needs to improve, but his game has a lot of parallels to Ryan O’Reilly at the same age.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I don't get the infatuation with Gaunce really. The guy is too safe, reminds me of old Flames picks.

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2012/0...rendan-gaunce/

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...-rankings-130/
while he may be a safer pick he does sound like he has potential to be a top 6 power forward with a higher downside than others. He sounds alot like Colborne to me, so he might be a centerman that would fit well with Beartschi

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:51 AM
tfong

But his weakness is stick handling and going thru traffic with the puck, not ideal traits of a top line center IMO. Sounds like Luke Adams?

Old
04-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
But his weakness is stick handling and going thru traffic with the puck, not ideal traits of a top line center IMO. Sounds like Luke Adams?
It would depend who he is lined up with wouldn't it? Say he is lined up with Beartschi and Backlund, he would have 2 guys to carry the puck and he couple play more of a power forward role. Also stick handling is something that can be improved greatly with hard work and it doesn't sound like work ethic is a question

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Pacem

I think we can do better then that.

Lets just win the draft lottery and make sure we get in the top 10. Pretty simple really.

Something has to go our way this year, right?

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:09 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
It would depend who he is lined up with wouldn't it? Say he is lined up with Beartschi and Backlund, he would have 2 guys to carry the puck and he couple play more of a power forward role. Also stick handling is something that can be improved greatly with hard work and it doesn't sound like work ethic is a question
Given all his traits though and lack of natural stick handling I think that kind of player is more suitable for he wing position tho. He wouldn't really be a center then if that was the case and I think that position is something we need for now and the future still.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Flamesfan13

I say we draft a D man

Flamesfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:41 PM
AfricanHerbsman

Rather have B Gaunce than faksa

AfricanHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:03 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Galchenyuk left off the U18 roster; granted no CHL player was selected for the US team, anyone think this has an effect on where he gets picked?

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:15 PM
tfong

I hope so, it'd be nice for Gally to drop to us.

Old
04-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Galchenyuk left off the U18 roster; granted no CHL player was selected for the US team, anyone think this has an effect on where he gets picked?
We'll see. I still see him pulling a Connolly though.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:53 PM
brewski1810

The flames should loose their next 2 games, let buffalo jump ahead, and even the jets if they manage to win a couple more,
They will have a better chance at reinhart then,

brewski1810 is offline   Reply With Quote