HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Radulov splits D vs. Chicago (6 points, 6 games)

Old
03-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

vCash: 500
Alexander Radulov - Radulov splits D vs. Chicago (6 points, 6 games)

Previous discussion

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1060373

Continue here..

Last edited by Seth Lake: 03-19-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

**** Russia

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

It's not the end of the world if Rads doesn't come back pre-playoffs or ever, I just don't like the distraction this whole situation is presenting at a critical juncture in the season. That said, maybe the bottom six are going to score 15 goals tonight because no one wants to be the odd man out should Rads actually return haha.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:45 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

So I try to mow and the mower fires up for about 1 minute then dies. Now it won't fire up. So I come back hoping for something to cheer me up but still nothing. I hope the KHL steps in like they promised. Sneaky russians.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Send in SEAL team 6. Got a hostage situation. lol

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:47 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Send in SEAL team 6. Got a hostage situation.
you mean rescue all the nashville preds fans being held captive by this.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Predsboro

Quote:
or ... maybe ... Team America World Police #****Yeah

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
HA, I wondered on twitter if team 6 is busy...

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I just want to say it is pretty darn funny how many people want him to come back after he was dead to them. Amazing what cup aspirations can do to people.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I agree that it's as positive that it ever has looked, that said - it's a head case player in a bush league in what's pretty much a third world country.

If anyone thought this was going off without a hitch, no freakin way.

I admit, I did talk to a buddy about pulling the old #47 Mustard out of the closet and making the trek from Knoxville this weekend.
I posted this in the other thread, but TL had closed it before hand (ah the struggles of being a Global Mod... I can post in closed threads without realizing it )

Since "third world" was a tag given to nations who had no affiliation with either the US or Russia during the Cold War, Russia is the antithesis of a third world country

But I do agree that Russia does seem to operate backwards compared to what we are used to in the States. We'll see how it plays out. Medvedev said that the KHL would not be an iron curtain to Radulov, and he hoped that this situation would not sour relations between the KHL and NHL as he is hoping to have KHL games in NYC next season. IF we can trust that he is acting as a business man then this could be just a minor hang up, and it will be resolved shortly (though hopefully before the weekend). If he is simply trying to propitiate egos then we're screwed.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:51 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I just want to say it is pretty darn funny how many people want him to come back after he was dead to them. Amazing what cup aspirations can do to people.
I'll admit that for the first season or so I wouldn't have blinked had I heard he suffered a season ending injury. Awful, I know, but he screwed us. Not only that, but we missed the play offs that next season. The timing was awful. The team was struggling to continue going. He really just screwed the team over at the worst possible moment. Radulov "Gingrich'd" the Predators.

But now the organization is healthy. The fan base is healthy. The team is great. I'd welcome him back, and I'm not afraid to call myself a hypocrite because of it.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Just because he is potentially coming back doesn't mean all sins are forgiven. I will certainly not be cheering when he is announced in his first game back. Giving myself a one game grudge period for all the reasons TMI listed.

If I am a hypocrite for wanting whats best for my team? Fine. It just seems like every year we have to hop on the never ending Rads Merry go Round. I am sick of riding the ride. Either he is back or he isn't no more gray areas.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:53 AM
zellthemedic

I'm weird in the sense that I was always willing to welcome him back.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:54 AM
dubgeek

Puck Daddy article by Chesnokov is up now:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

Pretty good explanation of things too. Looks like Rads shuld have kept the meeting with KHL yesterday to greese the wheels of their stepping in so guarantee Ufa retains his rights. Perhaps that's the real sticking point - Ufa wants to retain his rights, he doesn't want them to keep them due to their coach?

dubgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Puck Daddy article: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/

I would give a brief synopsis, but I'm just now reading it, too.

Old
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
"We are talking with Salavat's management. No one is delaying this matter. But what can you do if the contract runs through April 30? I am pleading to somehow resolve this problem. But I cannot find arguments yet." Nikolaev told Lysenkov.
Quote:
Radulov and his agent were set to have a meeting with the KHL yesterday. That meeting, however, did not take place. A senior KHL official told Lysenkov that that meeting will still take place. "I know that Radulov will speak with [KHL President] Alexander Medvedev today or tomorrow."
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:57 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Ok so the article essentially says that Radulov's camp and Ufa are both looking for legal ground to allow him to return without Ufa forfeiting Radulov's rights. It also says that the meeting between Radulov and the KHL is still set to take place (today or tomorrow). It is reiterated that Radulov wants to return to Nashville ASAP

Old
03-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Ok so the article essentially says that Radulov's camp and Ufa are both looking for legal ground to allow him to return without Ufa forfeiting Radulov's rights. It also says that the meeting between Radulov and the KHL is still set to take place (today or tomorrow). It is reiterated that Radulov wants to return to Nashville ASAP
Essentially if Rads wants to come back now he has to terminate 2/3 of his contract. Ufa wants to retain his rights and can't if they agree to terminate his contract and need the KHL to rewrite the rules for this to happen. KHL can just sit on this for a while and maybe the playoffs come and go and no rads.

Bonkers.

Old
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Well we'll see. Either magic happens and we see him in the next week or I think there's a decent chance that either A) we may never see him, or B) we potentially see him at the same time next year. I don't think he's willing to play a full season on an entry-level contract, as his agent sort of alludes to in his comments "Nashville made us a nice offer...etc."

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
predfan98

radulov, his agent, and all the other players in the drama in russia have always know that the club has to release him....

they apparently have known the roadblocks about rights and money, etc all along... they're now looking to get out of it.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 11:01 AM
hatedandproud

Quote:
To build on what thirdman said; I too wouldn't have cared if he suffered a career ending injury after what he did, but in the end he did nothing to me personally. It didn't affect whether I lived or died, or if I got rich or poor. If the people who really got effected by his decision i.e. management and players, are willing to have him back, why should I continue to hold a grudge. After all, I'm a fan, and the bottom line is I want this team to win a cup. If this guy is the missing piece to accomplish that, so be it. And welcome back (hopefully.)

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Juneemoon

Look at it this way...the KHL steps in and grants some kind of exemption in Radulov's case and looks like the good guy in all of this. This may have been their plan all along.

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
radulov, his agent, and all the other players in the drama in russia have always know that the club has to release him....

they apparently have known the roadblocks about rights and money, etc all along... they're now looking to get out of it.
That's the thing that's got my goat. How did his Russian agent not see these difficulties coming?

Old
03-15-2012, 11:09 AM
tonyin318

Excuse me for not knowing this, but can some one fill me in:
If he still has one year remaining on his contract in Russia, why has he now decided this is a good time to come back? Is it only his whim? or are there other circumstances making this the right time?

tonyin318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 11:12 AM
MrJoshua

I wonder if they have the ability to "loan" him until April 30th, at which point the contract can be terminated? Similar to how an NHL club would be able to loan a player to a KHL club for a year, could they just loan Radulov to the Preds for the rest of the season then terminate the contract while retaining his rights after April 30th?

MrJoshua is online now   Reply With Quote