HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Significant dropoff at # 10 pick, in 2012 draft

Old
04-01-2012, 10:49 PM
massivegoonery

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
My view on the drop-off...

Nail Yakupov
------
Ryan Murray
Mikhail Grigorenko
Filip Forsberg
Matthew Dumba
Alexander Galchenyuk
------
Jacob Trouba
Morgan Rielly
Griffin Reinhart
------
Radek Faksa
Sebastien Collberg
ETC...

* - Not in chronological order. Just groupings.
Looks just like my list, except for the misuse of the word "chronological"

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:50 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
More Like

Group 1
Yakupov

Group 2
Grigorenko

Group 3
Galchenyuk, Murray, Forsberg

Group 4
Dumba, Trouba, Rielly

Group 5
Reinhart, Faksa, Gaunce, Ceci
Obviously there is talent drop off between each individual player, however, each group i labeled is more for the general predicted talent. So Yakupov, Grigorenko, Forsberg, Murray and Galchenyuk all have elite potential IMO while Dumba, Trouba, Reinhart, Faska, Gaunce are 1st/fringe 1st/2nd line or pairing potential. I can be wrong, I'm no scout, just my opinion.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:08 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

agree there's a sizeable drop-off, though as others said prob clser to 12 or 13 than 10.

Don't agree with Forsberg in the same class as Yakupov or Grigs tho. IMO those 2 are above the pack (Galch might be in this group, but with the injury i'd put him in the 2nd group), then a drop-off to #3 to about 6 or 7, then a small drop to 12ish

then there's a gap. Mid-to-late 1st looks like a lot of high-risk high-potentials or limited-upsides

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:41 AM
0123456789*

Interesting how Galchenyuk is still put in the top 10. He will get picked high but its rather unlikely he cracks the top 10. The players that scouts have watched all year and who they are sure on will go first, once those players are gone and they get to the high end talent with question marks then thats where Galchenyuk will slot in. Should be in the 10-15 range, will depend on which team is picking and who is left.

Drop of after 10 sounds about right, could be more like 7-8 but like usual there will be some diversity on which players certain teams value so taking that variability in to account is why 10 sounds reasonable to me.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:46 AM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frkinator View Post
Interesting how Galchenyuk is still put in the top 10. He will get picked high but its rather unlikely he cracks the top 10. The players that scouts have watched all year and who they are sure on will go first, once those players are gone and they get to the high end talent with question marks then thats where Galchenyuk will slot in. Should be in the 10-15 range, will depend on which team is picking and who is left.

Drop of after 10 sounds about right, could be more like 7-8 but like usual there will be some diversity on which players certain teams value so taking that variability in to account is why 10 sounds reasonable to me.
I'll bet Galchenyuk doesn't make it past pick 4.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:48 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafidelity View Post
I'll bet Galchenyuk doesn't make it past pick 4.
I'm with this guy. He beat me to the Punch.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:56 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Galchenyuk makes it in the top 10 as there isn't much top end skill outside the top 10, this is a draft were a team can take that risk with Galchenyuk injured year cause this is a pretty weak draft, he's not dropping by the Leafs.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Evgeni Giroux

Why does everyone say this is a weak draft? You cant really tell until a few years down the road, guys like Matta and Finn could be top pair guys taken after 15

I agree its weak for fowards but their are alot of very good defenceman, are they Saying 2013 is the best draft yet just like they did for the last 3 years?

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote