HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So what's the deal with "THOSE" sections of jobing?

Old
04-01-2012, 09:24 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
So what's the deal with "THOSE" sections of jobing?

Even when there is a big crowd, there are 'those' sections of jobing that always seem to be empty.

The upper levels were full last night. Most of the lower level too. But there are always the lower level sections, behind the visitor's attack area that only seem to fill up if it's a SRO game.

Why is that? Is it just because the opposing team attacks twice that people don't want to sit there? Is the view somehow worse than other areas on the lower level?

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:35 AM
XX
... Waiting

Jobing.com may be a victim of its own design. The upper level seats might be too nice. I personally wouldn't pay lower bowl price to sit on either end. Just not a view that I enjoy. I didn't mind the corners but even that had its drawbacks. Center ice is the way to go.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Scottrocks58*
Six

I used to sit in section 107 in the corner. I now sit in the second row of 216 right on center ice and I like the sight line much better. While I miss the sound of skates and sticks on the ice, the view is outstanding. It allows me to see the whole game and not have "tunnel vision" on the puckhandler yet it's close enough for me to read the names on the jerseys

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:53 AM
awfulwaffle

I usually sit section 103, and I have to say, I don't like it as much now. Last year, I was able to look down the ice and see the action at the other end. Now I have to look at the big screen and see the arena feed if the play is in the corner. I don't mind it, but it's not worth the price for the tickets.

That being said, I love sitting close to the ice. I'm spoiled, and I won't sit far away.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:59 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

We're in 205 and I really like the view. I've thought about getting lower bowl just to try it, but I can't justify the cost for the view. I have sat below at various events, warmups, etc. and have just thought that I like the view of the whole rink, so I'd end up sitting towards the back of the lower level if I did upgrade.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:07 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I always stand above 205. Last night you might remember me as the very drunk guy screaming "one thousand and one!" over and over again. I was relieved of my DD duties, unfortunately, and now I'm in utter misery. Too old to drink that much, Trent. Too old.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Scott MS

I think it is attributed to the ticket pricing structure. They have changed the pricing a few times over the past several years. Now, Club Red, or the two middle sections on each side of the ice are higher priced while the rest of the lower bowl is the same price. In years past, the ends of the lower bowl have been a bit cheaper.

If you're going to pay for a lower bowl ticket outside of Club Red, I think you would choose to sit more on the side of the rink than on the end.

Scott MS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Kyle003p

maybe those are seats that corporations buy to give away?

Kyle003p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:12 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Maybe those seats are the ones that would be sold to different companies if we had that kind of marketing.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
They really should make more price levels. Perhaps if single game tickets were 55 instead of 75, people might move down from the upper level....

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 04:59 PM
cimindri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
I used to sit in section 107 in the corner. I now sit in the second row of 216 right on center ice and I like the sight line much better. While I miss the sound of skates and sticks on the ice, the view is outstanding. It allows me to see the whole game and not have "tunnel vision" on the puckhandler yet it's close enough for me to read the names on the jerseys
I'm just behind you and I wouldn't sit anywhere else. The view of the ice is AWESOME!

Last edited by cimindri: 04-02-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: to remove accidental innuendo
cimindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
They really should make more price levels. Perhaps if single game tickets were 55 instead of 75, people might move down from the upper level....
That's how it used to be. The ends of the lower bowl used to be $55, the left and right of center corners $75 and center ice was $95. I always liked that pricing structure as it allowed more flexibility for those who like to be in the lower bowl. I'm not sure why they did away with it.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

When I had a ticket package last season, I sat in the upper row of 202. That was pretty damn good as far as I'm concerned. Got an awesome view of the attack twice end while also getting a nice view of the other side.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
That's how it used to be. The ends of the lower bowl used to be $55, the left and right of center corners $75 and center ice was $95. I always liked that pricing structure as it allowed more flexibility for those who like to be in the lower bowl. I'm not sure why they did away with it.
That is what I thought so its weird to have a universal price down stairs. Looks to be the same for next year also so...

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimindri View Post
I'm just behind you and I wouldn't sit anywhere else. The view of the ice is AWESOME!
I'm one section to your left in the 3rd row of 217, and I agree - best bargain in the arena. Plus the added benefit of instant replay by glancing up at the screens for the press level catching the Fox Sports feed on an 8 second delay. (on those occasions when I don't sit there, I still automatically glance up sometimes out of habit )

DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:46 PM
awfulwaffle

This thread makes me want to test out an upper level seat. I've only sat in lower bowl at Jobing. I've been a complainer about the glass. I was able to sit in 103 just fine, but after the glass change, the corner play at the other tend of the ice is too hard to see, so I have to look at the jumbotron for the play in the corner.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
This thread makes me want to test out an upper level seat. I've only sat in lower bowl at Jobing. I've been a complainer about the glass. I was able to sit in 103 just fine, but after the glass change, the corner play at the other tend of the ice is too hard to see, so I have to look at the jumbotron for the play in the corner.
I think the upper bowl offers the best technical view but I also really like being closer to the action, hearing the sticks and skates, the chirpin, the coldness of the ice, etc. Honestly though you really can't go wrong with any seat in the house!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote