HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scrivens and Allaire (merged threads)

Old
04-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

vCash: 500
Ben Scrivens on Francois Allaire

Seen a few people bashing Allaire figured I would remind people why he is here....

Quote:
"I don't know if I would've been on Toronto's radar without being able to work with Frankie and I definitely wouldn't be as good of a goalie now as I think I am without working with Frankie for as long as I have now," said Scrivens.

Quote:
In the months that followed, he was courted by interested parties in the NHL. His relationship with Allaire helped steer him towards the Leafs.
Quote:
Familiar with him from his work with the Swiss team, Kruger approached Allaire the famed coach of Patrick Roy and J.S. Giguere

But hey we don't need the guy to pull in young unsigned goalie prospects. We just need to tell them we are Toronto.

Article: http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=376890

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:53 PM
LC

vCash: 50
The results speak for themselves, we have goaltenders that wouldn't even be back ups on other teams.

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

One good game and he is the goalie of the future. Love it.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
The results speak for themselves, we have goaltenders that wouldn't even be back ups on other teams.
We also had a coach who ran a run and gun style of play that resulted in a lot of defensive lapses? Not many goalies in the league could of put up amazing numbers playing behind that system.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:57 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
I was at the game last night. I gotta say, Scrivens has potential. He's calm, not afraid to handle the puck, and can make the big save when he needs too.

My concern is Allaire getting his hands on him and messing with his style. Anyone else feel this way?
i have always said he's better than reimer. ...though, reimer should be a backup

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:59 PM
RogerRoeper*

Allaire is living off of Patrick Roy's success from the mid-80's.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Stephen

I wouldn't really say that one solid game by Scrivens redeems three years of mostly unreliable goaltending and a revolving cast of goalie failures.

This organization still needs an autopsy top to bottom.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:09 PM
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider

It's easy to trade for a proven goalie later in their career. It's a real challenge to develop and groom a young goalie to be successful.

L Corncrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Gberg

Quote:
Considering Reimer still doesn't feel "right", and isn't playing now due to post-concussion syndrome... how can you not see that it's clearly affected him??? He was looking fine before the hit (I know.. small sample size), but it -has- made a difference. Look at Ryan Miller, he was playing terribly for a good chunk of time after his concussion. But he's recovered, and as we know, everyone is different in their recovery times.

It also doesn't help that the Leafs have played terribly.

Gberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:13 PM
LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Corncrick View Post
It's easy to trade for a proven goalie later in their career. It's a real challenge to develop and groom a young goalie to be successful.
How about grooming a young goalie to not be the worst starter in the league? I'd settle for that.

Old
04-01-2012, 01:13 PM
FrozenJagrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Allaire is living off of Patrick Roy's success from the mid-80's.
Giguere and Hiller did okay.

FrozenJagrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Earth Rocker

Goaltending isn't the main issue here, this team makes way too many mental errors in all zones. Hopefully Carlyle can remedy that next season

Earth Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:20 PM
JackJ

Allaire also influenced Giguere, Hiller and Bryzgalov

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Northern Dancer

Quote:
Wow, you have bailed on Reimer already, were you as equally as negative on Carey Price after his 2nd year?

Northern Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:32 PM
LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
Wow, you have bailed on Reimer already, were you as equally as negative on Carey Price after his 2nd year?
I haven't bailed on Reimer, I want to keep him. But we don't know what we have with him and what credit do you give to Allaire for a question mark?

Old
04-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Northern Dancer

Quote:
I haven't bailed on Reimer, I want to keep him. But we don't know what we have with him and what credit do you give to Allaire for a question mark?
Seems to me Reimer was doing just fine till his concussion. As for Gusto, I just think he never had it, just not the right mental attitude. I don't blame Allaire for either goalie.

Northern Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Seems to me Reimer was doing just fine till his concussion. As for Gusto, I just think he never had it, just not the right mental attitude. I don't blame Allaire for either goalie.
The fact that Reimer even made the NHL should be a good reflection on Allaire's work. He just shot through the system.

Suntouchable13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:57 PM
diceman934
LINT must go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
Scrivens the veteran??? what??? because of his age? ridiculous. Reimer has far more experience at the NHL level, and he's still considered new to the NHL ranks. You're just out to lunch on this...

Thats like saying if you get a new job and you're older than your manager, you have seniority. ridiculous comment...
That is exactly right...we need a really veteran goalie and not an inexperienced one.....

As far as me being out to lunch well.... if you read my posts on this thread as well as the obvious sarcasm in the post you would understand just what I wrote.

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Leafsman

Quote:
I was just going to say the same thing! I remember another young Canadian goalie getting roasted in his 2nd year.

Amazing that this is also a fanbase that screams rebuild?????

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:12 PM
vanRiemsdyke21

How do you know if they can paly in the NHL unless you play them! Scrivens isn't a kid he's almost 26, how long can you wait with him? The team has tanked and there're no free agents this summer to fix this team I say play all the potential in the system next year and see what you have. I'm sick of all the talk about the future, the future is now guys like Scrivens, Kadri, Holzer, Colborne and Mueller we need to find out if they can play in the NHL if not start looking for new hope. Play the so-called future and see if they have one!!!!

vanRiemsdyke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Shimso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gberg View Post
Considering Reimer still doesn't feel "right", and isn't playing now due to post-concussion syndrome... how can you not see that it's clearly affected him??? He was looking fine before the hit (I know.. small sample size), but it -has- made a difference. Look at Ryan Miller, he was playing terribly for a good chunk of time after his concussion. But he's recovered, and as we know, everyone is different in their recovery times.

It also doesn't help that the Leafs have played terribly.
Yeah, I wouldn't be so quick to write Reimer off...he hasn't been the same since the injury....we've seen concussions mess up quite a few athletes lately: Nathan Horton, Ryan Miller (who seems better lately), Sid, Kobe Bryant, etc.

Shimso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:19 PM
pooleboy
#chychrun2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGuru View Post
I agreed, get rid of him before he screws him up, like he did Reimer.
What's up with all these allaire haters? He has been his coach for many years and publicly defended him, Reimer was playing well untill he got hurt, these goalies just have no confidence.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:21 PM
pooleboy
#chychrun2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
One good game and he is the goalie of the future. Love it.
Flavour of the day. Rember that thread "isn't it great having two #1 goalies now?" But expectations after one game are huge already

Old
04-01-2012, 03:23 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 100
What as surprise, quotes from a player saying positive things about his coach. It's nearly impossible to find those. Nice quotes are good, but it'd be nice to see actual results. It doesn't really help if all Allaire can do is hang onto his previous successes. The fact that we're going into this summer hunting for a goalie doesn't reflect well. Kind of funny that we are blaming one coach (Wilson) to cover another one. In the end we may be stuck just using Allaire's name as a slogan to recruit goalies and then have them work with someone else when they sign .

FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:24 PM
pooleboy
#chychrun2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemin41 View Post
How do you know if they can paly in the NHL unless you play them! Scrivens isn't a kid he's almost 26, how long can you wait with him? The team has tanked and there're no free agents this summer to fix this team I say play all the potential in the system next year and see what you have. I'm sick of all the talk about the future, the future is now guys like Scrivens, Kadri, Holzer, Colborne and Mueller we need to find out if they can play in the NHL if not start looking for new hope. Play the so-called future and see if they have one!!!!
No man, gotta be patient, the future isn't even close for this team. Those guys even once they make the NHL aren't developed, and u don't win with a core like this imo, need that #1 center (maybe grigs/gally?) But at this current moment we just have to be patient