HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

End of Flyers - Pens game

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2012, 04:19 PM
FlyersMania2

vCash: 500
Mel
Bc pens fans cry about losses and parade like gods gift when they win. It was a good game, my team won despite making mistakes and taking stupid penalties. But the hit with a minute left was cheap even if it was clean. If it was Crosby receiving the hit under those circumstances pens would still be crying foul.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:22 PM
PENS227

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Thanks for further proving my point that Asham is a ********.
Please review the video from the game.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:22 PM
BIG BAD BRUINS

Crosby will be done after a series with the Flyers

Old
04-01-2012, 04:25 PM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BAD BRUINS View Post
Even if he somehow survives that, he'll never make it past the Bruins or Rangers. To get to the Cup in the East, you'll have to get through 2 of those teams at least.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:26 PM
mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Mel
Bc pens fans cry about losses and parade like gods gift when they win. It was a good game, my team won despite making mistakes and taking stupid penalties. But the hit with a minute left was cheap even if it was clean. If it was Crosby receiving the hit under those circumstances pens would still be crying foul.
Fair enough. I know there are minority of fans that like to bust out the Cup pictures but the majority have been talking about the game itself. I don't believe it was a cheap hit, it was a clean hit and the Flyers answered the right way. Just like if Crosby took a hit like that in the final minute I would hope the Penguins would respond the same way the Flyers did.

Here's to an exciting playoff series

Old
04-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

The real question is: What does David Krejci think of all this?

Old
04-01-2012, 04:29 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Kubina is such a damn pansy, watches his teammate get suckered, has a hold of the guy and the ref does a better job of separating them, unbelievable.

Last edited by The Expert: 04-01-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old
04-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Broad st phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcupever75 View Post
i laugh after every post of theirs that says what a "hardcoree" fanbase they have. i'm in or near philly a lot and most dont give 2 ***** about the flyers or hokcey.

they talk like they're equal to canadian team's fans..lol
If you paid attention, you would know that the Flyers have a hardcore group following. Enough to put their attendance at a large margin even during a losing season. Hockey in Philly is the number 3 sport IMO, and an extremely succesful one at that. Just look at the stats, all facts aganist your biased arguement. The Flyers fan base is a cult like fan base, your arguement is moronic seeing the time period between Lemiux being gone and Crosby getting drafted hockey in Pittsburgh was laughable.

To the game it self, I like what Schenn did. I also thought the hit on briere was clean, and I guess this happened because of hockey politics. Anyways, if roles were reversed, I would be all for it. So, I can not even hate, I just wanna watch more flyers vs pens games.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:33 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

more around philly then in it. sooo my point stands.

watched the hawks cup clincher around 3-4 flyer fans ( about half hour from philly) and they couldnt even get players names right. lol

Old
04-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
The real question is: What does David Krejci think of all this?

He doesn't seem amused.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Yes, because the Flyers are a bunch of saints, right

Funny how people are complaining about a clean hit, but nothing is wrong with the cheap shots on Crosby
Didn't some guy say "Treat others how you want to be treated" or something like that?

You can't complain about getting cross checked in the back away from the play when you're slashing people all game long.

He even got away with the auto break someone's stick slashing call. I guess it's only an automatic penalty for 99.9% of the league.

Last edited by Protest: 04-01-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old
04-01-2012, 04:38 PM
diophan

Quote:

watched the hawks cup clincher around 3-4 flyer fans ( about half hour from philly) and they couldnt even get players names right. lol
Hey I know 4 people from around Toronto who don't know who Kessel is. I guess all of Toronto doesn't care about hockey.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:44 PM
RyK15*

Quote:

watched the hawks cup clincher around 3-4 flyer fans ( about half hour from philly) and they couldn't even get players names right. lol
Right. My girlfriend's family is from Pittsburgh, and last year when we visited, I mentioned something about Malkin, and her aunt's response: "Is he on the Steelers?"

Out of maybe the 10-15 of her family members who I know, only 1 actually gives half a **** about the Penguins. All they care about is football.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BAD BRUINS View Post
As badly as Savard? Is that what you're fantasizing about?

Old
04-01-2012, 04:45 PM
SuburbanRhythm
ThorntonSezNoHittin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad st phantom View Post
If you paid attention, you would know that the Flyers have a hardcore group following. Enough to put their attendance at a large margin even during a losing season. Hockey in Philly is the number 3 sport IMO, and an extremely succesful one at that. Just look at the stats, all facts aganist your biased arguement. The Flyers fan base is a cult like fan base, your arguement is moronic seeing the time period between Lemiux being gone and Crosby getting drafted hockey in Pittsburgh was laughable.

To the game it self, I like what Schenn did. I also thought the hit on briere was clean, and I guess this happened because of hockey politics. Anyways, if roles were reversed, I would be all for it. So, I can not even hate, I just wanna watch more flyers vs pens games.
This is a fair post. I've never understood the phenomenon of this

I know I'll get reprimanded for generalizing the entire fan base, same as the thread after the last Pens-Flyers game. But...

The majority of, but not all, Flyers fans seem to love the tag of the tough, gritty, and sometimes dirty team.

Why when another team is tough, gritty and sometimes dirty in response, or God forbid, first, the same group becomes whiny (not specifically you, since you are saying you are OK if it's either team dishing it out)?

Old
04-01-2012, 04:46 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENS227 View Post
Please review the video from the game.
The part where he punched Schenn continuously when he was being held by the ref or the part where he tried to go after Rinaldo when he was being held by the ref?

Old
04-01-2012, 04:46 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
Love this rivalry. Awesome is the only word that comes to mind.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Gustavo Fring
Analytics R4 nerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Calm down people.

-Vitale hit on Briere was absolutely fine, I see nothing wrong with it.
-I have no problem with what Schenn did to Crosby, I think it was smart. It was a legit crosscheck, and did not look like a Crosby dive to me.
-Letang embellished that attempt to get a high stick called against the Flyers.
-Crosby and Malkin could have been called for a number of things throughout the game.
Pretty much the game I saw as well.

Granted I am not a Pens fan, but if Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Letang, etc. are going to do the cheap stuff the whole game, they shouldn't be shocked when it happens to them.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:53 PM
PhillyPhaithful

Too much trash talking in this thread for what was an awesome game setting up an awesome playoff series. I could not be happier about who our first round opponent will be. It's great for hockey these teams are just fun to watch play against each other. Let's hope for 7 more games like this in the playoffs and a flyers victory

Old
04-01-2012, 04:55 PM
artiesrevenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
yep. well worth losing the game over
game was over at that point youngster..love how filly fans are pissed cause pens did the same as they would have...love how rinaldo hid behind the ref when he called out asham

Old
04-01-2012, 04:57 PM
artiesrevenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
anone got some yt's of Malkins "play" after the plays in this game `?

should be quite the video..
yea i wish they did have yt's of that...it would show filly intiating a lot of contact after the whistle and malkin responding, im sure giroux dont take no crap after the whistle..its hockey boys, grow up...

Old
04-01-2012, 05:04 PM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by artiesrevenge View Post
game was over at that point youngster..love how filly fans are pissed cause pens did the same as they would have...love how rinaldo hid behind the ref when he called out asham
Yea, he totally hid. Asham went after a guy who was being restrained by the ref. Yet Rinaldo's the coward?

Old
04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Broad st phantom

Quote:

Yup, and I watched it in a bar packed with flyer fans, whats your point? That your place and time shows evidence that no one cares about the flyers? The stats on merchandise and ticket sales begs to differ. Guess what though, a lot of people do not care about the Flyers, but we live in a heavily populated place, and the flyers do just fine with the support they get. Any sport team gets it's fair weather fans.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
artiesrevenge

ok...you right..crosby is crsyby..my bad

Old
04-01-2012, 05:06 PM
DeflatedFootball7

One of the few games this year where having Shelley and Sestito around would have been a good thing. They wouldn't have allowed Schenn to get cheap shotted over and over. Asham would have been missing some teeth.

Closed Thread