HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks depth chart - Reinprecht

Old
03-29-2012, 02:17 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

vCash: 500
Canucks depth chart - Reinprecht

Hi Canucks fans,

What are the odds Reinprecht sees any games this spring?
He was/is a versatile guy who played all three positions and could play a defensive or offensive role adequately (at one time). Now he's old and in the minors so he might be buried beneath 5-10 other guys on your depth chart.

Who is he beneath and how likely would he be to get any playing time?

Good luck in the playoffs if you guys play Detroit!

Love, NEBBLES

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Gillis basically stated he'd have been with the team already if it wasn't for his cap hit. IMO, he will be with the team every day in the playoffs, and could well see time if someone struggles. The Canucks' depth chart for the playoffs at forward should be something like this if everyone is healthy;

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Raymond - Pahlsson - Hansen
Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

x Reinprecht, Bitz, Weise

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Hodgy

Just yesterday Gillis hinted that both Bitz and Reinprecht will be up with the Canucks for the playoffs. Bitz will probably join the team earlier once he recovers from the flu.

Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:29 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Gillis basically stated he'd have been with the team already if it wasn't for his cap hit. IMO, he will be with the team every day in the playoffs, and could well see time if someone struggles. The Canucks' depth chart for the playoffs at forward should be something like this if everyone is healthy;

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

x Reinprecht, Bitz, Weise
I don't think Raymond plays on the 3rd line at least to start the playoffs.

The Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen 3rd line is working very well.

As for Reinprecht, yes he'll get the call up and he'll get a few games to give Malholtra a rest.

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
Just yesterday Gillis hinted that both Bitz and Reinprecht will be up with the Canucks for the playoffs. Bitz will probably join the team earlier once he recovers from the flu.
I doubt the Canucks would take 2 centres from the Wolves who are also trying to compete in their own playoffs. The Wolves are very thin at center and the Canucks would just completely screw them over.

It's either Reinprecht or Bitz unless we run into injury trouble. Of the two, I think Bitz will be the guy staying in the AHL.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
100%.

Gillis said he is calling him up and is gonna use him in the playoffs

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:58 PM
opendoor

If they are going to call him up I don't see why they wouldn't do it during the regular season so he can get a few games in. They have the cap space to do it.

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
If they are going to call him up I don't see why they wouldn't do it during the regular season so he can get a few games in. They have the cap space to do it.
Re-entry waivers. There's a chance he gets claimed either way, but in the play-offs it's frowned upon because the player can't play for the team claiming him.

Last edited by Tiranis: 03-29-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old
03-29-2012, 03:30 PM
denkiteki

MG has said multiple times on team 1040 that Reinprecht would be with the club if it wasn't due to the CBA (and more precisely re-entry waivers).

As far as playing time, he'll likely rotate in based on team needs. If we need more offense from our 4th line (i.e. say we play Det), he'll likely see more action. If we want to be more physical, it'll likely be Bitz. If we want to be more defensive/need help in the circle, Malhotra.

Also the chance he draws in if someone has a bad game (namely Raymond or ZK).

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
denkiteki

Quote:
He still has to pass re-entry waivers and the team claiming him really only pays 50k + 1 paycheck. He can't pay in the playoffs but he could still help a team make the playoff (i.e. Kings) and also the fact he can't play for the 'nucks in the playoff could benefit their rivals (Chicago, Boston, etc). Also teams that might face the 'nucks in the first round could claim him.

Its not typically a popular move to prevent someone from playing in the playoff but its not a bad strategy either and i believed it was used in the past (just can't think of any examples).

Old
03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Re-entry waivers. There's a chance he gets claimed either way, but in the play-offs it's frowned upon because the player can't play for the team claiming him.
The rules now are no different. If Reinprecht was claimed on re-entry waivers tomorrow his season would be over because he couldn't play for his new team in the regular season or playoffs.

Old
03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
denkiteki

Quote:
The rules now are no different. If Reinprecht was claimed on re-entry waivers tomorrow his season would be over because he couldn't play for his new team in the regular season or playoffs.
I believe he could still play in the regular season just not the playoffs.

Old
03-29-2012, 03:39 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
I think he can still play for them in the reg. season

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Danavan

Quote:
I doubt the Canucks would take 2 centres from the Wolves who are also trying to compete in their own playoffs. The Wolves are very thin at center and the Canucks would just completely screw them over.

It's either Reinprecht or Bitz unless we run into injury trouble. Of the two, I think Bitz will be the guy staying in the AHL.
No one cares about the Wolves winning in the playoffs. It's much more important for the Canucks to have the best possible lineup at all times.

Danavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
keslerburrows

Yes, but keep it on the down low... He is our secret weapon

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danavan View Post
No one cares about the Wolves winning in the playoffs. It's much more important for the Canucks to have the best possible lineup at all times.
Wolves management might have something to say about that. In an interview with Chicago's GM, he stated during the deadline that MG asked him for opinions on trades and also took a few names off the board. There is influence and MG wouldn't just call someone up without plans on playing them at all.

Got to keep a professional relationship with the minor league club so don't expect too many Wolves player up until they are eliminated. Reinprecht will likely be up given he will likely rotate in and out. Bitz then becomes questionable due to the number of healthy bodies 'nucks already have up (odds are Bitz won't be called up unless someone gets hurt).

Of course this could change depending on NCAA UFA that Chicago/Vancouver sign and Jr. players from 'nucks system joining Chicago.

Old
03-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danavan View Post
The Canucks care about keeping a solid relationship with their AHL affiliate, otherwise the Wolves will just say "screw them" and play their own players more because they will know that they can't rely on the Canucks. Then where will our prospects develop? It's not like there's 10 other teams waiting to become the AHL affiliate of Vancouver Canucks — there isn't even one.

Old
03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Quote:
The Canucks care about keeping a solid relationship with their AHL affiliate, otherwise the Wolves will just say "screw them" and play their own players more because they will know that they can't rely on the Canucks. Then where will our prospects develop? It's not like there's 10 other teams waiting to become the AHL affiliate of Vancouver Canucks there isn't even one.
This.

I'd like to think the Canucks will show a bit of respect to their AHL affiliate. ONE of Bitz/Reinprecht will be called up for the run.

With ZK and Weise moving in and out of the 4th line wing spot, I'd think it's more likely Reinprecht gets the call. Vet with playoff experience and more offense then Bitz.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiteki View Post
I believe he could still play in the regular season just not the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I think he can still play for them in the reg. season
That's not my understanding. As far as I'm aware after the trade deadline no player transferred from one team's Reserve List to another team's is eligible to play on the NHL club until the next season. It's not in the CBA but in the NHL Bylaws (I believe it's Bylaw 12.4).

Old
03-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
That's not my understanding. As far as I'm aware after the trade deadline no player transferred from one team's Reserve List to another team's is eligible to play on the NHL club until the next season. It's not in the CBA but in the NHL Bylaws (I believe it's Bylaw 12.4).
Seems like you are correct based on everything I could find. Thanks for pointing that out.

Old
03-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Kagee*

Happy for the reminder that we have Reinprecht and Bitz to suit up for the grinding playoffs, along with Bally, he and Tanev will be a good 3rd pairing for the team.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Hodgy

Quote:

He seemed to be hinting otherwise. Have you heard the interview?

Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
He seemed to be hinting otherwise. Have you heard the interview?
Yes. I didn't hear anything to indicate that we would be calling up 2 of only 3 Top 9 centres on the Wolves roster. In fact, what I heard yesterday during the game is Gillis pointing out that Schroeder won't be called up even though they would like to because it would hurt the Wolves.

Old
03-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
I think the question is where does he fit in. Gillis has started he would like depth at every position, which leads me to believe they wouldn't just plop in the best player, but the best player by positional need.

Let's say we start the playoffs with the following:

Higgins - Kesler - Booth
x Reinprecht, Bitz, Weise, Ebbett

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Salo-Edler
Ballard-Rome
x Tanev, Grags, Alberts +++

If Raymond goes down with an injury, it's more likely a Reinprecht or Ebbett goes in than Bitz. If Kassian goes down, chances are, Bitz or Weise goes in. In fact, I think Weise and Kassian start the playoffs on the 4th line with Manny taking time off if everyone were healthy.

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42

Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
He'll be here for depth in the playoffs along with bitz for sure. I do hope we call up schroeder and or connauton before then tho I want to see them up here for a couple games like gillis said he would.

Big Naissak is offline   Reply With Quote